Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FutureBit Project Apollo: Bringing ASIC Mining Back to the Home Miner! - page 6. (Read 37316 times)

Activity: 61
Merit: 1
I just recently got an Apollo and want to try solo mining. What is the best way to do this now before the full node software upgrade is ready?

Thanks
R

Your choices are to set up a node and a Stratum proxy (private 'pool'), or use an exiting solo pool. I suggest the latter because it's far more simple.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
I just recently got an Apollo and want to try solo mining. What is the best way to do this now before the full node software upgrade is ready?

Thanks
R
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
I got mine on Monday or Tuesday and no cracks or dings on the miner. Packaging was good.   (will post some pix when i get home)   Its up and running in ECO mode but fan is on Auto which avg like 900 - 1050 RPM.  My son says the fan is loud.  (FYI i'm deaf) Makes me wonder if the fan is "sucking" air off the heat sinks and up thru the top.  ( can feel it) 
This normal?

Yes thats normal, air is blown out the top. Fan in 1k RPM range should be barely audible though.
I'll post some pictures tomorrow. However I did not receive the new packaging. I ordered two at once and both were packed in their individual standard boxes placed into a larger shipping box. Everything came nicely wrapped and zero damage. New box with graphics would have been cool but no miss from me as I'm a repeat customer. Have two batch 1s and two batch 2s.

Activity: 40
I got mine on Monday or Tuesday and no cracks or dings on the miner. Packaging was good.   (will post some pix when i get home)   Its up and running in ECO mode but fan is on Auto which avg like 900 - 1050 RPM.  My son says the fan is loud.  (FYI i'm deaf) Makes me wonder if the fan is "sucking" air off the heat sinks and up thru the top.  ( can feel it) 
This normal?
legendary
Received my shiny new batch 2 Apollos this past weekend! ( I didn't hesitate with the pre-order in May)

I can say the new case design looks much nicer and cleaner than batch 1. All of my Apollos are hashing away on litecoinpool till the halving event in a few weeks, which could change everything. Donation pool is running on two of my Apollos as quite a lot of efforts has been poured into this awesome product.

Hopefully the conversation in mid August can pivot to running a (full) node.

Post pics! How did they fair shipment in the new packaging?
Received my shiny new batch 2 Apollos this past weekend! ( I didn't hesitate with the pre-order in May)

I can say the new case design looks much nicer and cleaner than batch 1. All of my Apollos are hashing away on litecoinpool till the halving event in a few weeks, which could change everything. Donation pool is running on two of my Apollos as quite a lot of efforts has been poured into this awesome product.

Hopefully the conversation in mid August can pivot to running a (full) node.
Activity: 16
Keep an eye on your emails folks shipping is about to begin 😄
Activity: 51
If you need any help, your answers are on the support thread or you can ask someone there.  Chances are all, all of your questions can be answered giving that a quick read.  Good luck mate and happy mining.
Activity: 5
Im just a new guy who knows nothing about Mining. But, I do know when someone is being rude, and is a jerk.
And yes Jelly_Bein you fit that profile.

I did not get the email because I just recently ordered the Apollo. But, I spent some time and found the email log and understood that things were moving slowly.

I might not get the Apollo set up because Im not that smart but I wont call the creator "pathetic" because I did not take time to look around.
Manufacturing is hard and expensive, does not escape me that normal people will never understand how the everyday things we use come to be.
Im just glad that most on here seem to be nice and helpful.
I feel like you are still missing the point.
Is this your first time pre-ordering something?  Most cases experience delays.  There was an email.  Only reason you didn't know is because of your own ineptitude and impatience.
As for my mocking you about wanting it on a certain day, I'm aware of what you meant.  You didn't expect that kind of communication.
I just wanted to tell you sit down and be patient while you wait for the shipping day like everyone else.
Calling jstefanop's "methods" pathetic is a cop out.  You're being rude, plain and simple.  It's not the right way to communicate while you preach about how someone should communicate.
You should do your due diligence before you make claims that someone else isn't doing theirs.
Oh yeah...still you bub.
Activity: 6
lol both of these two recent post are a joke, please re read if uniformed. On my last post was that "I DIDNT EXPECT YOUR PRODUCT ON X DATE, and the other one stating I'm calling jtsep pathetic is funny. yes once again one update is pathetic to make the excuse you can not afford 15-25 minutes (and that's a lot) out of 7 days to write up an email for updates is just sad. even if there is no news keep investors informed.
Activity: 91
Merit: 2
I'm not expecting "you'll get your order on x date."Just a simple update what's going on, where you are in the process of things, one email for a pre order with no new news is yes pathetic, I apologize if you took it or anyone took my words to offense

I think calling the creator of this awesome miner pathetic is offensive and I’m surprised you don't realize it was.
I'm not expecting "you'll get your order on x date."Just a simple update what's going on, where you are in the process of things, one email for a pre order with no new news is yes pathetic, I apologize if you took it or anyone took my words to offense
Boo you suck.  If you want something on a specific day, you should probably design your own, order and assemble everything on your schedule and see how that works out.
Otherwise just say thank you jstefanop for doing such an amazing job ever expanding the products and quality, then sit down and wait patiently.
The only thing pathetic here is you whining.

Btw, jstenfanop, had to re-flash my SD card the other day.  Your original instructions worked great.
Thanks a lot bud for the hard work and on point instructions.
legendary
I can totally see if you took nobody's money and just worked in silence until your product was ready for release. But the fact people have spent money on a pre order and you cant seem to send any kind of update emails is pathetic.

Here is the update email for anyone that ordered and didn't see it (which was about 25% of you, and instead of calling me pathetic a 5 second inbox search you would have found it). Im also pretty active on twitter and on here with updates if you miss the email.

https://mailchi.mp/f44e011db3c1/introducing-the-futurebit-apollo-383755

Also I understand the frustration when you order something that is not cheap and dont get it on the expected timeframe, but two weeks late in the pre-order world is pretty outstanding. I do my best to estimate when my supply chain will have everything ready, but the Apollo has dozens of different parts from diffrent vendors and its impossible to sync all of them perfectly, especially since we took the time to redesign the case and many other parts of the overall customer experience (not to mention n completely new power supply design which I spent more time than I care to admit on).

Obviously I need to work on this and want to get to the point where Im shipping early, but its a far cry from the 90% of project on here that dont ship anything or months late (I think those are more a fair designation for pathetic). And to be clear, I operate FutureBit as essentially a non-profit to get as much hardware out to as many people as possible...this means I dont have a budget for marketing, sales, customer support, and time to write up updates every day...wish I did but then I would be charging 600 bucks for the same product (or selling my soul to greedy investors).

BTW All PCBs are done at our factory, and now its just a matter of getting in all our cases and assembling/testing and shipping them out. First units are going out in the coming days, and PSU is due in at the end of next week which is when the full package orders will start going out.
Activity: 16
As above update email was only end of June, said time wasn't on their side but things where moving along.

Your not buying off the shelf here.
Activity: 91
I can totally see if you took nobody's money and just worked in silence until your product was ready for release. But the fact people have spent money on a pre order and you cant seem to send any kind of update emails is pathetic.

C'mon, really?
The last email on June 27 said they were a couple weeks behind and to expect the third week of July and checking my handy calendar shows we are just in the middle of second week after a major holiday. I think the email notifications are more than enough.
Activity: 55
How is the Apollo Batch coming along, still projecting to ship by the end of JULY..

2 batch 2's ordered to go with my 2 batch 1's  Smiley

Batch 2 Pre-Order is now live!

PSU is now available as a bundle, and its pretty much a plug and play experience finally! The supply is also available for standalone for whoever wants it for Batch 1 Apollos.

Promo code BATCH2-10-OFF is available for everyone here.

IF you want to pay in crypto you can use this code for 5% off. THIS IS FOR CRYPTO ONLY...I will cancel and refund anyone that uses this code to pay in fiat/paypal/credit.

CRYPTO-PAYMENT-ONLY-5%OFF

https://shop.futurebit.io/products/apollo-ltc-pod-asic-miner-for-scrypt-algorithm-cryptocurrencies-batch-2

Huh is that a further 5% reduction for paying in crypto?

Right that code is only if you pay with coinbase checkout. Don’t use that code for fiat payments otherwise your order will be canceled and refunded.
Pages:
Jump to: