Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FutureBit Project Apollo: Bringing ASIC Mining Back to the Home Miner! - page 8. (Read 37316 times)

legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
works great on litecoinpool, most other pools I've tried like zerg and zpool eventually start running at 20% errors or higher. zpool was fine for around a week then it just went nuts 45% errors and the dashboard saying 400 miners

no idea why the errors started.

Make sure you disable donation pool if your mining on any other chain than Litecoin...currently donation pool is tied with Litecoin mining which causes issues with the software when you start mining on other chains. This will be separated in a future update so the donation pool does not interfere with any user pools.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
just re-imaged the card and went back to Ethernet from WiFi and it's running much better 0.5% errors.
works great on litecoinpool, most other pools I've tried like zerg and zpool eventually start running at 20% errors or higher. zpool was fine for around a week then it just went nuts 45% errors and the dashboard saying 400 miners

no idea why the errors started.
legendary
I didn't see what chip this is using but I'm assuming the BM1485?

No it uses a way newer chip than what's in L3s (hence why its more efficient), and wouldn't fund Bitmain regardless of the chips they have in the first place  Tongue
Activity: 4
Pre-ordered and very looking forward to mining with it!
legendary
2 batch 2's ordered to go with my 2 batch 1's  Smiley

Batch 2 Pre-Order is now live!

PSU is now available as a bundle, and its pretty much a plug and play experience finally! The supply is also available for standalone for whoever wants it for Batch 1 Apollos.

Promo code BATCH2-10-OFF is available for everyone here.

IF you want to pay in crypto you can use this code for 5% off. THIS IS FOR CRYPTO ONLY...I will cancel and refund anyone that uses this code to pay in fiat/paypal/credit.

CRYPTO-PAYMENT-ONLY-5%OFF

https://shop.futurebit.io/products/apollo-ltc-pod-asic-miner-for-scrypt-algorithm-cryptocurrencies-batch-2

Huh is that a further 5% reduction for paying in crypto?

Right that code is only if you pay with coinbase checkout. Don’t use that code for fiat payments otherwise your order will be canceled and refunded.
Activity: 714
Merit: 252
2 batch 2's ordered to go with my 2 batch 1's  Smiley

PSU is now available as a bundle, and its pretty much a plug and play experience finally! The supply is also available for standalone for whoever wants it for Batch 1 Apollos.

IF you want to pay in crypto you can use this code for 5% off. THIS IS FOR CRYPTO ONLY...I will cancel and refund anyone that uses this code to pay in fiat/paypal/credit.

https://shop.futurebit.io/products/apollo-ltc-pod-asic-miner-for-scrypt-algorithm-cryptocurrencies-batch-2

Huh is that a further 5% reduction for paying in crypto?
legendary

legendary
What is the efficiency rating of the FutureBit PSU available with Batch 2? Can it run the miner on Balanced and Turbo modes without overheating? Also, does the FutureBit PSU have a power switch to turn the miner on/off?

Efficiency is 93%. Yes it can run one in Turbo mode, but not past that (ie if you do custom settings past 200 watts that Turbo consumes). Yes it has a power switch.
Activity: 142
Merit: 100
What is the efficiency rating of the FutureBit PSU available with Batch 2? Can it run the miner on Balanced and Turbo modes without overheating? Also, does the FutureBit PSU have a power switch to turn the miner on/off?
legendary

(BTW nothing much has changed between Batch 1 to 2 other than a slight case redesign to ease production/assembly and MCU having more RAM)

I think you mentioned before we may need more RAM to run a full node (future) will we be able to upgrade the RAM in our Apollos?

Yes we are still trying to optimize a full node to work with 256 MB of ram in Batch 1, but if we cant we will offer an MCU swap to the 512MB version for all Batch 1 buyers who want full node functionality.
Activity: 91
Merit: 2

(BTW nothing much has changed between Batch 1 to 2 other than a slight case redesign to ease production/assembly and MCU having more RAM)

I think you mentioned before we may need more RAM to run a full node (future) will we be able to upgrade the RAM in our Apollos?
Activity: 33
Merit: 5
So I bought the last Apollo on Bithopper ... now need a GPU + lead .  Can anyone point me in the right direction on eBay or Amazon ( country UK)  for what I will need.
I can't seem to find any information.  Obviously I want something quiet that keeps the ethos of this project.
thanks

This is what I should have bought. Get a gold one, it will be more efficient. Also, look for used on ebay.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CP-9020177-UK-RM550x-Modular-Supply/dp/B07DLVX662/ref=sr_1_18?crid=24M4ZP358PNC7&keywords=corsair+gold+psu&qid=1557473218&s=gateway&sprefix=corsair+gold%2Caps%2C495&sr=8-18
legendary
Finalizing case design for Batch 2....go vote your opinion counts!

https://twitter.com/JStefanop1/status/1126541721041612800

(im kinda torn between the two)

btw here is a sneak peak render for you guys for Batch 2

Activity: 1358
Merit: 635
There is a fair bit of dust accumulating in the heatsink. Any tips on removal. Is vacuum ok if its off?

Needless to say that dust in the heatsink doesn't do a lot of good and resulted in the high  air resistance which in turn   deteriorates heat transfer. I am using compact but extremely powerful   DataVac Electric Duster by MetroVac  to clean heatsinks from the  dust and do this on regular basis roughly once per three months.
Activity: 22
So I bought the last Apollo on Bithopper ... now need a GPU + lead .  Can anyone point me in the right direction on eBay or Amazon ( country UK)  for what I will need.
I can't seem to find any information.  Obviously I want something quiet that keeps the ethos of this project.
thanks

Hi, is it worth waiting for batch 2 ?  I can get hold of a v1 now in Europe.

Will their be any improvements in batch 2?

What sort of mining are you guys doing ?  shared or solo ?
Surely even at 100mh we have no chance of making a profit or even break even ?

Thanks for advice on batch 1 or 2

Does anyone know how to put their email address on the mailing list for batch 2 pre-orders?
Just pointed my apollo at the Party, let's see how it works.
Activity: 91
Merit: 2
Hit my second Digibyte block since joining the zerg party! Hope everyone enjoyed the balance bump  Wink

Just hit my first one as well. Digibyte block 8,607,377  Grin
Activity: 22
Hi, is it worth waiting for batch 2 ?  I can get hold of a v1 now in Europe.

Will their be any improvements in batch 2?

What sort of mining are you guys doing ?  shared or solo ?
Surely even at 100mh we have no chance of making a profit or even break even ?

Thanks for advice on batch 1 or 2

Does anyone know how to put their email address on the mailing list for batch 2 pre-orders?
Activity: 33
Merit: 5
There is a fair bit of dust accumulating in the heatsink. Any tips on removal. Is vacuum ok if its off?
Pages:
Jump to: