Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [ICO] SIRIN LABS ICO - Secure Blockchain Consumer Electronics - page 17. (Read 166761 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1014
With software and knowledge a phone can be perfectly triangulated, the justice of many countries does in the necessary cases. You can find many examples.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
I'm saying that it's not possible to just "triangulate the location of a phone" like you would see in the movies. So to ask a question like this is impossible to answer, because there's no specificity. If you had a question about a specific type of attack, or a specific type of malware, I would be happy to find the answer for you. But the types of questions you ask above contain far too many variables to be able to accurately address

Out of curiosity, what makes you think a phone cannot be triangulated?
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
Sirin OS will not run on existing phones, and we will not be releasing the OS to individuals, only to companies. Sirin will work with the companies to ensure integration into the phones developed by OEMs (original equipment manufacturers). There will not be an iPhone version of FINNEY as it is being built on the Android platform.
Meaning that Sirin OS will work on The Finney and any other blockchain capable phone that uses Sirin as its OS
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
Is the Finney phone planned to have an annual release so the basic phone tech stays up to date with other players?
Activity: 924
Merit: 260
Huh? The phone doesn't need to be stealthy. Let's leave that to Monero or Dashcoin wallets. I believe the purpose of the Finney phone is to provide end-users with a secure phone that coins in it can't be stolen even if the phone gets lost.
Activity: 207
I'm saying that it's not possible to just "triangulate the location of a phone" like you would see in the movies. So to ask a question like this is impossible to answer, because there's no specificity. If you had a question about a specific type of attack, or a specific type of malware, I would be happy to find the answer for you. But the types of questions you ask above contain far too many variables to be able to accurately address
Activity: 280
There are very shady messages like Type-0 / Silent SMS / Stealth SMS / Ping SMS, they are often sent from authorities to track individuals. Also IMEI catcher tools are used by them. Will finney be able to detect those attacks or do I still need third party apps for it?
Activity: 247
We haven't announced any numbers regarding SOLARIN. I can tell you it's been sold worldwide, and has consistantly been the top seller in the technology department at Harrods in London.
Activity: 126
We are evaluating different consensus mechanism, both proof of stake (POS) as well as proof of work (POW). We are focusing on light nodes solution, so every device will be a node, in order to support the needed resource sharing.
Activity: 247
We are putting out the final design in the coming weeks. We're on schedule with Foxconn. Production timeline hasn't been announce and we'll continue to update the community as we progress.
Activity: 189
No one knows what is the right price for this coin is. You dont have other projects that are the same.
Are they selling just 200k finney phones then it is over valued
. Are they the new HTC then the coin is under valued.
You dont know the right price so shout something about the price is fud
Activity: 196
It is still best to do own research. SRN official listings are on Bittrex, Huobi Pro, Upbit, and Bancor.
Activity: 210
Sirin labs is a phone company who are making the Finney product family that will include them FINNEY's smartphone and the PC and the SIRIN OS which will have the SRN its network default currency so any OEM can integrate blockchain benefits into their products using Sirin OS.
Activity: 252
Token price is one thing that we have absolutely no control on as market controls that hence we can't comment on what the token price will be in future as well. However, when our product line will start being released. SRN being a utility token, will be in a better position to express it's value after the ecosystem we've built for it is in place.
Activity: 224
Stupid question given that this is suppose to be a secured phone. If law enforcement were to get my phone, does sirin labs holds the security key for back door access?
Activity: 1
Hi all,

As I'm rather new to this, I would like to get some advice. I have a wallet on MyEtherWallet, and would like to purchase some Sirin tokens. I know a website where I can buy them easily, so that's no problem, but how does this work? If I just enter my wallet address, will the tokens show up immediately? I noticed there is an 'add tokens' option in MyEtherWallet with a 'SRN' that can be selected. I have tried clicking on that but nothing happens other than that it 'loads'. However, if I go to add tokens again, I can load it again (as though I haven't yet). What does this mean? Is the 'SRN' of the Sirin tokens? And will my tokens show up in my wallet once I purchase them? Would love to get some advice on this, and am also curious about your expectations for this token. Also, if someone would like to explain the benefit of tokens in general to me, that would be much appreciated. It almost seems like too easy a way of creating new cryptocurrencies. What is the added value? Is every token like a subbranch of Ethereum, where one may create one at will? And, if so, what is the added value? (I know, I'm quite a noob.) Thanks in advance for your insights and advice.
legendary
Activity: 861
Merit: 1000
“Create Your Decentralized Life”
I trade sirin and i love this coin, it looks great in markets like Bittrex and i think the volume will keep increasing
legendary
Yes @jeen5, let's see what it offers HTC with the new HTC Exodus. It seems that all manufacturers are in a hurry now to launch blockchain products.
Activity: 171
Merit: 101
I agree with your opinion @scambust, but the fact that Huawei installed a Bitcoin wallet in all their phones a few days ago makes me think that the success of projects like Finney took less time to be a success.
https://www.coindesk.com/huawei-to-offer-first-crypto-wallet-app-in-latest-smartphones/
even this kind of news proves the success of Sirin Labs. in the future, smart phones will set up popular wallets or build their own wallets.  Wink
legendary
I agree with your opinion @scambust, but the fact that Huawei installed a Bitcoin wallet in all their phones a few days ago makes me think that the success of projects like Finney took less time to be a success.
Pages:
Jump to: