Author

Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH - page 240. (Read 628818 times)

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000
Dargo, do you know how a Yubikey works?
I bought a OEM yubikey from bitcoin.de. There is written it is preconfigured for OTP at bitcoin.de in slot 1.
Can I use this Yubikey also for Kraken? Do I have to configure something new at the yubikey?  
Can I use the Yubikey at all my accounts on exchanges? Or only on one or two?

Hi Serpens - You should be able to use the other available slots for other exchanges. For Kraken, you just have to set it up under Security > Two-Factor Authentication and choose Yubikey for the method.
can you tell me a bit more?  I don't have any clue how to configure a yubikey.  
I think I know:
-A simple yubikey has two slots, so I can only use it for two exchanges, not more. Right?
- My yubikey is preconfigured in slot 1 for bitcoin.de, so everything is fine with bitcoin.de. But my conclusion is, that I have to configure slot 2 on my own, to use it on kraken.com, right? But I don't know how. I could just try something, but I don't want to lock myself out of my kraken account.
Please note: "configure" the yubikey does not mean to simply choose it on kraken.com security page. Configure means to configure slot 2 to make OTP. I'm not sure, if I have to do this, but it is my conclusion when it says "slot 1 is preconfigured" -> "slot 2 is not".

Edit:
can I see a history of the last logins? I only see the last login, but I want to see the login before.

Hi Serpens - Yes, I think all Yubikeys have only two slots. If you have the master key set up already (which you should  Smiley), then I'd just go ahead and try it for account login. If something goes wrong, you can just get a two-factor bypass code using the master key). If you don't have the master key set up, then you could try doing it with the Yubikey first and just delete it before you do it again for login. When you select the Yubikey option, you will be prompted for the OTP. Plug in your Yubikey and press the button. For slot 2, you want to do a long press (2.5 - 5 seconds). You will then be take to a screen that will ask you to confirm the OTP. Do another long press and you should get a message saying that you've successfully set up 2FA. See here for more on the long press vs short press:

http://www.yubico.com/faq/what-is-a-yubikey/

We can give you a longer history of your logins if you want, but please create a ticket for this. It's definitely not information I want to relay through bitcointalk.

legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131
I bought a OEM yubikey from bitcoin.de. There is written it is preconfigured for OTP at bitcoin.de in slot 1.
Can I use this Yubikey also for Kraken? Do I have to configure something new at the yubikey?  

Hi Serpens - You should be able to use the other available slots for other exchanges. For Kraken, you just have to set it up under Security > Two-Factor Authentication and choose Yubikey for the method.
can you tell me a bit more?  I don't have any clue how to configure a yubikey.  
I think I know:
-A simple yubikey has two slots, so I can only use it for two exchanges, not more. Right?
- My yubikey is preconfigured in slot 1 for bitcoin.de, so everything is fine with bitcoin.de. But my conclusion is, that I have to configure slot 2 on my own, to use it on kraken.com, right? But I don't know how. I could just try something, but I don't want to lock myself out of my kraken account.
Please note: "configure" the yubikey does not mean to simply choose it on kraken.com security page. Configure means to configure slot 2 to make OTP. I'm not sure, if I have to do this, but it is my conclusion when it says "slot 1 is preconfigured" -> "slot 2 is not".

Edit:
can I see a history of the last logins? I only see the last login, but I want to see the login before.
legendary
Also waiting for my deposit since last week. On saturday they promised it will be available in the next 24h. One answer from support since then 2 days ago. Very professional Wink

Hi extremo - if you don't mind doing it, please PM me your ticket number. I'd like to review it and find out what went wrong. I'll get it resolved for you as quickly as possible.

Thank you very much! Thats more how i used to know kraken. Everything fine now.

Greetings
Extremo

Glad we got it resolved and sorry about the delay. We actually had some kind of technical issue releasing your deposit so it had to be done manually from the backend. That's what slowed it down, but it still shouldn't have taken as long as it did.
legendary
EDIT: Five minutes after this post i received a response from the support. I don't know if this was due this post or just a coincidence, but i'm happy now that they are working on solving my issue now.

------------------------

Hello Dargo,

could you please help me out? I'm waiting since 3 days for my deposit to show up. On the website it shows the deposit ON HOLD.
I already created a support ticket but didnt received any update Sad
The transaction was from Fidor-2-Fidor and i am also Tier 3 verified. This was always a very fast way to transfer funds to my account but this time something went wrong i guess..

Please PM me for the ticket number.

I would highly appreciate if you could help me out in this case.

Brgds
Fabian

Glad your issue was resolved. I doubt it had anything to do with this post, because there's no way to look up your ticket from the info you gave. It shouldn't have taken 3 days, but what can happen with Fidor-Fidor payments is that we sometimes get your Fidor username rather than the real name on your account through the API. When this happens we have to check manually with the bank to make the names match. It should only happen 1x though because we can whitelist the bank account after we check. I'll PM you for your ticket number just so I can see why this took so long.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Also waiting for my deposit since last week. On saturday they promised it will be available in the next 24h. One answer from support since then 2 days ago. Very professional Wink

Hi extremo - if you don't mind doing it, please PM me your ticket number. I'd like to review it and find out what went wrong. I'll get it resolved for you as quickly as possible.

Thank you very much! Thats more how i used to know kraken. Everything fine now.

Greetings
Extremo
Activity: 1
EDIT: Five minutes after this post i received a response from the support. I don't know if this was due this post or just a coincidence, but i'm happy now that they are working on solving my issue now.

------------------------

Hello Dargo,

could you please help me out? I'm waiting since 3 days for my deposit to show up. On the website it shows the deposit ON HOLD.
I already created a support ticket but didnt received any update Sad
The transaction was from Fidor-2-Fidor and i am also Tier 3 verified. This was always a very fast way to transfer funds to my account but this time something went wrong i guess..

Please PM me for the ticket number.

I would highly appreciate if you could help me out in this case.

Brgds
Fabian
legendary
I just came here to say thank you to kraken.

After gox, I didn't know what to do anymore. How I should deposit euro into bitcoins and the other way around. Kraken have been flawless so far and I really hope they branch out and become bigger over time.

My funds were once frozen cause I went over the deposit limit of my rank and support helped me within the same day to get my rank verified and let the deposit go through. Kudos to you and good luck in the future! Great team.

Thanks! We always appreciate it when clients take the time to write about their good experience with Kraken.
legendary

legendary

legendary
This is getting a bit ridiculous, withdrawals stuck again. I appreciate your efforts here Dargo but this is disappointing. Can ye not alert users to these problems before withdrawing.

Yes, withdrawals have been getting stuck frequently lately and we are working to fix this issue. I'll talk to the devs about an alert for it, but this has come up in conversation before and I don't think it's an easy thing to monitor and alert for. In many cases, it's not a universal failure - only a few are affected by it (making it hard to issue an alert for everyone). An alert system for withdrawals is definitely something we want to do in the future, I'm just not sure how quickly it can be done because it may be pretty tricky to implement well.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I just came here to say thank you to kraken.

After gox, I didn't know what to do anymore. How I should deposit euro into bitcoins and the other way around. Kraken have been flawless so far and I really hope they branch out and become bigger over time.

My funds were once frozen cause I went over the deposit limit of my rank and support helped me within the same day to get my rank verified and let the deposit go through. Kudos to you and good luck in the future! Great team.
Activity: 35
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131
Activity: 49
This is getting a bit ridiculous, withdrawals stuck again. I appreciate your efforts here Dargo but this is disappointing. Can ye not alert users to these problems before withdrawing.
legendary
Bitcoin withdrawals are stuck again!

Wtf? And why does it happen every day?

Is it just some empty hot wallet or what is wrong here?

Sometimes it is almost instant and then it takes hours. Makes you wonder why it shouldn't be instant all the time.

Edit: working again. But why does it happen every now and then?

I addressed this in a previous post here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8321623

Basically we have a bug that causes our security measures to sometimes make withdrawals stick. It's an issue we're currently working to resolve, so hopefully it won't continue to much longer.
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
Bitcoin withdrawals are stuck again!

Wtf? And why does it happen every day?

Is it just some empty hot wallet or what is wrong here?

Sometimes it is almost instant and then it takes hours. Makes you wonder why it shouldn't be instant all the time.

Edit: working again. But why does it happen every now and then?
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
BTC24 all over again
Different masters, same idiots
Maybe they should open an exchange in Hong Kong....
legendary
I just deposited 1.7 BTC in my account and it's still not showing up. The transaction has 10 confirmations now. Is there something wrong with BTC deposit ?
Regards

Hi marlowe - please make a ticket for this so we can assist you. I'm not aware of any general issue with BTC deposits, so it may be an issue specific to your account.

Same problem here - 10BTC deposited 4 days ago.  No support contact and no BTC in balance.  PM with ticket ID sent, thanks.

PMed you back
Activity: 3
I just deposited 1.7 BTC in my account and it's still not showing up. The transaction has 10 confirmations now. Is there something wrong with BTC deposit ?
Regards

Hi marlowe - please make a ticket for this so we can assist you. I'm not aware of any general issue with BTC deposits, so it may be an issue specific to your account.

Same problem here - 10BTC deposited 4 days ago.  No support contact and no BTC in balance.  PM with ticket ID sent, thanks.
legendary
again stuck bitcoin withdrawals since more than 2 hours ....
it's not funny =(

Hi Serpens - we are looking into this.
Jump to: