Author

Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH - page 237. (Read 628818 times)

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000
Hi everyone - we are aware of the connectivity issue with the site and working to resolve it. 
legendary
Activity: 966
Connection timed out

and the api also....  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
It's online now. Grin
It's working intermittently maybe due a server issue.
Activity: 1276
Merit: 622
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
Website goes offline once I try to make a withdrawal.
Activity: 609
Merit: 505
Hi Dargo,
thanks for your explanation.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
And the oldest used expire first, right?
legendary
Hi Dargo,
I read that the Bitcoin deposit address can change from deposit to deposit. So each time I deposit, I'll need to visit the funding page to get my current deposit address. How often does it happen? Does the old address still work? I use it to receive my weekly payments.

PS: SEPA withdrawal fast as usual. Thanks. Wink

Hi kitano - your deposit addresses can only change if you create more than 5 for a given digital currency. When you create more than 5, one will become set to expire (and it's indicated which one). So as long as you don't create more than 5, your address won't change and you'll be fine. Hope that clears it up.
Hi Dargo,
I read that the Bitcoin deposit address can change from deposit to deposit. So each time I deposit, I'll need to visit the funding page to get my current deposit address. How often does it happen? Does the old address still work? I use it to receive my weekly payments.

PS: SEPA withdrawal fast as usual. Thanks. Wink
legendary
Excellent, that solves it for me.
legendary
Bug report:
I have 2FA disabled and have enabled Global Settings Lock, now i cant generate new BTC addresses:

Replicable: Yes
Present on different pages: On some it says its needed, but its not. Also not tested all pages.

Hi bernard - there is a small bug here, but I may have a workaround for you. Just enter something, anything at all, into the OTP field and it will hopefully allow you to generate a new address (at least it does for me). You should be able to leave the OTP field blank if you don't have the login TFA set up, so that's the bug I think. The OTP is only required for generating addresses if you have enabled TFA for login and funding. I suspect that the bug has something to do with the settings lock being enabled as well, because I couldn't reproduce the behavior with the settings lock off.
legendary
Ah, missed that. I agree it's not much help security-wise to not be able to generate new deposit addresses. I'll alert the devs to this issue right away.

I believe that after a certain number of new deposit addresses are generated, the old addresses will be retired (at least, the documentation suggests this is the case, I haven't tested it myself); thus generating enough new addresses to invalidate all of the existing addresses could be used as a kind of Denial of Service attack, as there may be funds transfers sent to these addresses not expecting them to suddenly be retired.

Yep, this could happen, but we have to weigh this against the inconvenience of not being able to generate new addresses if you have the settings lock on.
legendary
It looks like we have a few stuck bitcoin withdrawals. If it's affected you, please know that we are aware of the issue and working to resolve it.

Activity: 75
Ah, missed that. I agree it's not much help security-wise to not be able to generate new deposit addresses. I'll alert the devs to this issue right away.

I believe that after a certain number of new deposit addresses are generated, the old addresses will be retired (at least, the documentation suggests this is the case, I haven't tested it myself); thus generating enough new addresses to invalidate all of the existing addresses could be used as a kind of Denial of Service attack, as there may be funds transfers sent to these addresses not expecting them to suddenly be retired.
legendary
Bug report:
I have 2FA disabled and have enabled Global Settings Lock, now i cant generate new BTC addresses:

Present on different pages: On some it says its needed, but its not. Also not tested all pages.

Hi bernard - If you enable the Global Settings Lock, then you can't generate new BTC addresses - that's one of the things that gets locked (so an attacker that's hacked your account can't create a new address and withdraw to it).

This happens for deposit addresses, thus generating. Wink
I dont really see how this would protect me.

legendary
Activity: 1090
Thanks to those who answered my query about USD deposits disabled.

For some reason I cannot quote posts and the thread was not "watched" automatically.
legendary
Bug report:

Hi bernard - If you enable the Global Settings Lock, then you can't generate new BTC addresses - that's one of the things that gets locked (so an attacker that's hacked your account can't create a new address and withdraw to it).

This happens for deposit addresses, thus generating. Wink
I dont really see how this would protect me.
Jump to: