Author

Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH - page 238. (Read 628818 times)

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000
Bug report:
I have 2FA disabled and have enabled Global Settings Lock, now i cant generate new BTC addresses:

Replicable: Yes
Present on different pages: On some it says its needed, but its not. Also not tested all pages.

Hi bernard - If you enable the Global Settings Lock, then you can't generate new BTC addresses - that's one of the things that gets locked (so an attacker that's hacked your account can't create a new address and withdraw to it). The only way to override the wait period for the settings lock is if you've created a master key before you've enabled the settings lock. If you've done that, then you can change settings, such as create a new withdrawal address, before the wait period is over. But if you haven't, then none of the settings can be changed until the wait period is over.

In the screenshot, the message is telling you that a one-time password is needed because the master key is required (the master key is generally two-factor). I may be missing something, but I don't believe there is a bug here (though the system should tell you that the OTP is required for any withdrawal address you try to create). The settings lock is explained in detail in our FAQ here:

https://www.kraken.com/help/faq#global-settings-lock
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
Bug report:
I have 2FA disabled and have enabled Global Settings Lock, now i cant generate new BTC addresses:

Replicable: Yes
Present on different pages: On some it says its needed, but its not. Also not tested all pages.
legendary
I signed up with Kraken a couple weeks ago or more. I am verified.

No way of depositing fiat when all I get is this message: "USD deposits are temporarily suspended."

Does not appear others are having this problem looking at the last couple pages here.

You can deposit EUR, just not USD. See this post:

As far as I know they're still working on establishing a new banking relationship to handle USD; in the meantime, you can see that while XBT/USD trading is still active on the site, the volume is incredibly low (24 hour volume is 0, I'm not actually sure when last a trade was executed).

Yep, we're working on a number of banking partnerships for USD. It's hard to say when the first will go live though, because banks are very slow and there's still a lot of caution when it comes to bitcoin companies. In the meantime, most banks can convert to EUR for you and can fund your account and trade that way. I understand if it doesn't sound too appealing, but it's really not a difficult option. 
legendary
Count increment for order add/cancel calls: +0
is it correct that I can sell my 1 bitcoin by placing one hundred orders, each for 0.01 BTC, all at the same time, and I will not be blocked? this seems to be potential vulnerability for ddos-like actions on you api interface.

There is a rate limit for order add/cancel, but it's handled in the trade engine. This doesn't fully answer your question, though, so I'll check on this. 
Activity: 175
Merit: 100
is it correct that I can sell my 1 bitcoin by placing one hundred orders, each for 0.01 BTC, all at the same time, and I will not be blocked? this seems to be potential vulnerability for ddos-like actions on you api interface.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10

No way of depositing fiat when all I get is this message: "USD deposits are temporarily suspended."

Does not appear others are having this problem looking at the last couple pages here.

You can deposit EUR, just not USD. See this post:

UPDATE 20/Feb/2014 02:24 PST:
USD Deposits Temporarily Disabled

Unfortunately, we've reached the limit of our US bank's capacity to deal with the volume on our account. Many USD withdrawals have been delayed beyond a limit we can accept, and it reflects poorly on our service. Rather than continue to disappoint, we've decided to suspend USD deposits until a more robust banking partner is acquired. In the meantime, USD withdrawals and trading will continue to be available, though we strongly encourage USD traders to shift to our EUR pairs. Most major banks will allow you to send EUR even if your account only holds USD.

All pending USD withdrawals not already in transit will be canceled within 24 hours and users will have the funds available again.

In order to lighten the burden on USD withdrawals and speed up the process, we're offering a 2% bonus for users willing to convert their USD balances to EUR balances. You may then trade EUR or withdraw EUR. EUR withdrawals are generally processed within 1 business day. If your bank only supports USD, withdrawing EUR to it will likely result in a < 1% conversion fee. Please contact us for details.

If you still wish to receive your USD withdrawal, please resubmit it.

Personally, I want to apologize for the long delays some of you have experienced with your USD withdrawals. I know how important it is to have your money when you need it and we've failed to provide timely service. I have been pleased with our banking partner for EUR, and the level of service we've been able to provide there. I appreciate your patience while we navigate the treacherous waters of the legacy banking system. The weather is nice in San Francisco but I'm glad you're not picketing outside our office Smiley

As far as I know they're still working on establishing a new banking relationship to handle USD; in the meantime, you can see that while XBT/USD trading is still active on the site, the volume is incredibly low (24 hour volume is 0, I'm not actually sure when last a trade was executed).
legendary
Activity: 1090

legendary
Activity: 966
hey kraken...

we got from your api this message:
{ "error": [ "EGeneral:Temporary lockout" ] }

why we are lockout ? can you please make me free?

thanks

cheers

Request #31811

Hi - if you are locked out of the API, just wait for 15 minutes. There's a rate limit for the API - see below for an explanation of how the limit works.

Our API rate limits works on a count system and depends on your verification tier.

For Tier 3 it works like this:

Max Count (before lockout): 15             (lockout is for 15 minutes)

Count Reduction Rate: 1 every 3 seconds

Count increment for ledger/trade history calls: +2

Count increment for all other calls: +1

Example: Starting from a count of 0, suppose that you made the following calls during a 6 second window: 5 add/cancel calls, 6 ledger calls, and 4 "other" calls. Your count would then be 5*0 + 6*2 + 4*1 – 2 = 14 (since the count is below 15 you would not be locked out).

Tiers 1-2: Same as above except Max Count = 10 and Count Reduction Rate = 1 every 5 seconds.

Tier 4: Same as above except Max Count = 20 and Count Reduction Rate = 1 every 2 seconds.

realy realy thanks for the fast feedback and the explanation... i will test it...  Smiley Smiley
legendary
hey kraken...

thanks

cheers

Request #31811

Hi - if you are locked out of the API, just wait for 15 minutes. There's a rate limit for the API - see below for an explanation of how the limit works.

Our API rate limits works on a count system and depends on your verification tier.

For Tier 3 it works like this:

Max Count (before lockout): 15             (lockout is for 15 minutes)

Count Reduction Rate: 1 every 3 seconds

Count increment for ledger/trade history calls: +2

Count increment for all other calls: +1

Example: Starting from a count of 0, suppose that you made the following calls during a 6 second window: 5 add/cancel calls, 6 ledger calls, and 4 "other" calls. Your count would then be 5*0 + 6*2 + 4*1 – 2 = 14 (since the count is below 15 you would not be locked out).

Tiers 1-2: Same as above except Max Count = 10 and Count Reduction Rate = 1 every 5 seconds.

Tier 4: Same as above except Max Count = 20 and Count Reduction Rate = 1 every 2 seconds.
legendary
Activity: 966
hey kraken...

thanks

cheers

Request #31811
legendary
@Dargo

What is your opinion on Stellar? Smiley
Are you going to support it?
We don't have a plan to support it at the present time. But the launch of Stellar is certainly an interesting development that we'll be following closely.
That went quick :-) XBT/STR pair has been added. Although Stellar doesn't show up in the Assets api call, it does in the AssetPairs.

Yes, there may actually have been a plan back when I said that, but I just hadn't heard about it yet.  Smiley

XBT/STR is trading live now, but some elements of the integration may not be. I'll make sure the devs are aware of the Assets api call. Also, it will be a little while before you can get a TradingView chart for XBT/STR.
legendary
Could you guys change/add the daily/monthly withdrawal limits to EUR?
Or at least post what exchange rate you are using.

Thanks for the suggestion bernard. If you go to Funding > Deposit > Euro in your account and look under "Maximum deposit," you can see your deposit limit in EUR. Same goes for any other currency, just go to Funding > Deposit > [currency] to see your maximum deposit.

But of course the maximum deposit amount can fluctuate as exchanges rates fluctuate, which is probably the issue behind your suggestion bernard. At the very least we can indicate where the exchange rates come from so clients can calculate the limits themselves. But the root of the problem is that exchange rates fluctuate, meaning that the deposit limit is somewhat of a moving target and that can be pretty inconvenient. We're aware of this issue and looking at ways to resolve it.   
legendary
I can confirm. My last EUR SEPA withdrawal went thru yesterday. Took 1 business day. Same as always.

That's why I love Kraken. Really hope you get some market makers on board.

Glad to hear it - Fidor's technical issue had minor impact, but some might see a delay. We do have some market makers on board (and anyone interested in market making on Kraken is always welcome to contact us about it). 
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
@Dargo

What is your opinion on Stellar? Smiley
Are you going to support it?
We don't have a plan to support it at the present time. But the launch of Stellar is certainly an interesting development that we'll be following closely.
That went quick :-) XBT/STR pair has been added. Although Stellar doesn't show up in the Assets api call, it does in the AssetPairs.
legendary
Could you guys change/add the daily/monthly withdrawal limits to EUR?
Or at least post what exchange rate you are using.
Activity: 1276
Merit: 622
I can confirm. My last EUR SEPA withdrawal went thru yesterday. Took 1 business day. Same as always.

That's why I love Kraken. Really hope you get some market makers on board.
legendary
Hi All,

The technical issue Fidor had yesterday was apparently very minor with limited impact on transfers (though some might experience a delay). The problem was with Fidor's API, but it's been fixed and is working properly.
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
Fidor is having issues, so expect bank transfers to be delayed by 1-2 business days. We don't know the nature of the issue at this time - they just informed us that they are having "technical issues" and suggested the issues should be resolved by no later than tomorrow afternoon. We should know more by tomorrow morning EU time hopefully. 
I got my money yesterday. SEPA transfer fast like usual. It took only one business day.
May you inform us when the issue has been fixed?
legendary
But please only optional, i think its an excellent addition.
Is it also active for BTC withdrawals?

BTW: SEPA withdrawals are delayed because Fidor is having some issues?

Yes, disabling it would only be optional and it would be enabled by default. It works for all withdrawals, though the email won't tell you what kind of withdrawal it is (just a generic message for all withdrawals). All the automated emails are a kind of indirect safety feature, because they allow you to monitor your account by email for unauthorized activity. And if you go on vacation or for some reason won't be able to monitor your email for a period of time, you can use the global settings lock to lock down your account while you're out of touch.

Fidor is having issues, so expect bank transfers to be delayed by 1-2 business days. We don't know the nature of the issue at this time - they just informed us that they are having "technical issues" and suggested the issues should be resolved by no later than tomorrow afternoon. We should know more by tomorrow morning EU time hopefully. 
legendary
But please only optional, i think its an excellent addition.
Is it also active for BTC withdrawals?

BTW: SEPA withdrawals are delayed because Fidor is having some issues?
Jump to: