Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] LEASERIG.NET - rent&hire Quark hashing power! - page 49. (Read 106957 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Is there work being done on the server?
rigs keep jumping on and offline on the site..
Activity: 181
Is there anyway you can check to make sure that my api access is working properly?

Complicated answer: with a software that utilizes cgminers api from remote host.

Simple answer: not yet, until you get added on. But have plans to create special page where mining rig providers will be able to test whether they configured cgminer + NAT correctly.

Well my rig "Krishna" is added, and somebody rented it, but they aren't using it.. I just want them to get what they paid for.. I don't know if it is because the access isn't working or they are just spacing out..

You can verify whether your cgminer is correctly configured by adding/removing/switching few pools on your own in admin panel. If nothing happens, then you didn't configure permissions correctly.

I just did that and noticed the pool change would not stick, it seems that my ready-only group I had established was overriding the write access I gave your IP. I have modified the file a bit, and it is working now, I will contact the renter and extend his rental time.
Activity: 588
Merit: 520
Is there anyway you can check to make sure that my api access is working properly?

Complicated answer: with a software that utilizes cgminers api from remote host.

Simple answer: not yet, until you get added on. But have plans to create special page where mining rig providers will be able to test whether they configured cgminer + NAT correctly.

Well my rig "Krishna" is added, and somebody rented it, but they aren't using it.. I just want them to get what they paid for.. I don't know if it is because the access isn't working or they are just spacing out..

You can verify whether your cgminer is correctly configured by adding/removing/switching few pools on your own in admin panel. If nothing happens, then you didn't configure permissions correctly.

Merit: 250
Sorry for the slightly offtopic - this is mostly for rig operators - is there an equivalent of CGWatcher or CGRemote for OS X?

Here is my config file api section:

"api-port" : "4001",
"api-groups" : "P:switchpool:addpool:removepool:restart:save:*",
"api-allow" : "R:0/0, P:89.212.242.33",

I allow read from anywhere so I can monitor them from any internet connection.

djeZo , i have sent you PM
I got nothing from you.
I noticed somebody rented my rig named "Krishna" about 15 minutes ago but they haven't changed the pool, when does the renter get access to change the pool? After 1 confirmation of deposit or full?

1 second after purchase is made Smiley
I noticed somebody rented my rig named "Krishna" about 15 minutes ago but they haven't changed the pool, when does the renter get access to change the pool? After 1 confirmation of deposit or full?
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
djeZo , i have sent you PM
i don't understand the prices.. some rigs have 12 hour twice with different prices,  some have 1 hour price 0,05 btc and 12 hour 0,035...  pretty weird

Operator error.

Yup, I had impatient dogs waiting for me to walk them, got stressed and rented out 2.95Mhs for 24 hours for 0.033BTC Smiley Yeah, I could have cancelled the deal etc, but I think I'll write it off as good PR/karma investment. That is still 30 bucks a day, quite ok.
Activity: 462
Merit: 262
Unfortunately, many rig providers offer "crashing" rigs, that are constantly going up and down, and with no save command permitted, these rigs mine on default pool when being started back up.

My own rig that is for hire has the save command available, and it is mining to my own worker now while it is hired!

I e-mailed the renter to change his worker details, and I am planning on giving him the extra (6 already) hours that he missed mining. But it can't be coincidence that 2 mining rigs, have the exact same problem at the same time.

Well.. I might have spoken to soon... When I check the log of my rig it says

[29-1-2014 5:25:21]          Accepted shares have not changed for 5,033333 minutes, longer than the threshold of 5 minutes. Attempting to restart...
[29-1-2014 5:25:21]          Restart CGMiner was requested, preparing to stop then start the miner to make sure its configuration settings are reloaded...
[29-1-2014 5:25:25]          CGMiner process closed outside of CGWatcher!
[29-1-2014 5:25:31]          CGMiner was successfully restarted.

Looks like his pool went offline, without setting a backuppool. However, in the admin panel his pool details are completly gone, I have no way of helping him.
I set up an account on the site yesterday, and today I have reset my password a number of times, but never received an email.  I have confirmed that I actually did set up an account with the proper email, and that the reset was directed to the correct email address.  Does the password reset work correctly?

Thanks,

Mike

I am looking into this. Can any one else confirm that mails aren't being received?

Edit: Issues with google, looks like they temp. banned me and all mail attempts were rejected. It is working now, however will look into permanent solution how to send many mails with google and not be marked as "spammer".
Activity: 294
тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?
There are also operators who offer rigs that are properly configured for speed and reliability.

Shop around Wink
Unfortunately, many rig providers offer "crashing" rigs, that are constantly going up and down, and with no save command permitted, these rigs mine on default pool when being started back up.
Activity: 462
Merit: 262
What happened tonight?

The rig I hired got changed back to default values, and was mining the operators own pool again.
Then I checked the rig I had rented away, and the same thing, the guy that is renting my rig has been mining my own worker account for the past 4 hours!

Both things happened around 5:25 CET.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
I like the new look of the site - nice job to you and our resident CSS expert!

Offering bounties is very nice of you.  Would you care to go into a bit more detail for us bounty newbs?  I think I understand them but more info is always better.

Thanks
- Bitlynx
Activity: 350
Haven't read through the entire thread yet, so maybe this was mentioned before...
But BTC withdrawal from the website would be great  Roll Eyes
Also, love the site. Thanks.

You can withdraw anytime once you have btc in your account Smiley

Quite baffled in terms of my connection quality... I get 15-20ms pings consistently on Google, yet seeing 96.41% - tried adjusting a cron job that is hitting my miner.php every few minutes to see if that reduces the noise. Is this connection quality based on API response or on ping? Any thoughts on anything else that could be causing this? I'm on a powerline adapter that seems to like the wiring in my place, it's been rock solid since I set it up. Next step is to run Ethernet down to the garage, but I'd really prefer to avoid that ;-)

I would not worry about it. I think it has more to do with the web site making contact with the miner as opposed to any real downtime. That is of course assuming that your miner did in fact not go down Wink

Mine show the same issue. It has not deterred anyone from renting. My miners get snapped up in minutes when free.

Thanks man, appreciate the input. That OCD part of me wants to figure this out but maybe better to just let it go - also seeing the same with my rig, it's getting snapped up quick =)

If the website can't reach your rig in 2s it is considered down but it doesn't mean it wasn't mining consistently.
Pages:
Jump to: