Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] LEASERIG.NET - rent&hire Quark hashing power! - page 76. (Read 106957 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Hi everyone,
I just got listed too (http://leaserig.net/index.jsp?page=rent&miner=Hyperion), my rig has an average hashrate of 2.5 Mh/s (3 x R9 290) and is using sgminer 4.0.0.

I have a good reputation thread for trading here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/pustuls-reputation-thread-383359

Any downtine will be added to the renting time + 1h for the inconvenience. You can PM me if you have any question Smiley

Activity: 194
Merit: 100
Hey Guys,

I'm one of the newer rigs listed on LeaseRig (http://leaserig.net/index.jsp?page=rent&miner=slaYer), thought I'd drop in and say hello - also provide a little information about my rig:

2 x 290x (~ 1.85Mh/sec)
SGMiner 4.0.0
XUbuntu

Also, a note about my downtime policy. I'm absolutely committed to making things right in the event of connectivity issues/etc. I'll offer 1.5 minutes free lease time for every 1 minute down or an equivalent refund of the current lease rate. At the current rate of 0.0304 BTC per 24 hours, that would equal 1.5 per minute of downtime x 0.000021111 BTC.

Looking forward to working with you all - my trust thread can found at: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/snogcel-reputation-thread-421576

Thanks,
Jon (Snogcel)

Activity: 131
I understand that there are many features that can be added yet, and most of the ones you state here I already have planned. Currently I am busy with some other work, then I start again with this in few days.

Most important would be local wallet and reservation queues. I am just throwing some ideas that come to my mind while using the service.
Beta is for feedback collection after all Smiley
Activity: 588
Merit: 520
I understand that there are many features that can be added yet, and most of the ones you state here I already have planned. Currently I am busy with some other work, then I start again with this in few days.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Just wanted to review the service.. Its super cool if you just want to hammer away for few hours!! super easy and you can change and observe your speed.

Can you automatically send email for

when service starts
when service ends
if service is disrupted

++ a way to review rigs and owners ?
Activity: 131
djeZo, couple features that could be useful:
1) remember last pools used by customer
2) calculate offline time in lease period and prepare extend by offline time button
3) auto calculate refund for offline time
4) on rig selection screen add uptime % for last 24h
Activity: 126
Thx, scminer works...i hope its not gona crash again...we will see...
I am sure it does, I upgraded my rigs to sgminer 4.0.0, all works very well. There is also slight speed increase, but you need to fine tune parameters to get extra few percents.
In sgminer 4.0.0 doesnt work me the --api part... it doesnt connect to your web Undecided
Activity: 158
Merit: 39
DjeZo could please check pm from me? I am writting guide for linux (smos exactly) for noip etc but i am not 100% sure it is working fine with API
You must start cgminer with pool info - your default pool. cgminer would not start without it.

I also suggest using sgminer 4.0.0.
Help me guys please...
Could anyone send me settings of cgminer? Im a forest worker and I have this to help a little bit financialy to my family (2 month son), and I dont know exactly what to set there.

djeZo sent me this message:  You need to sort out your miner (all pool commands must work via website).

My settings: timeout /t 30
cgminer --api-groups P:switchpool:summary:pools:addpool:removepool:restart:* --api-listen --api-allow P:89.212.242.33 --api-port 7777 --scrypt -I 19 --thread-concurrency 12000 --worksize 256 -o stratum+tcp://xyz -u xyz -p xyz

When i delete information about a pool doesnt start work.

There are many guides everywhere, but maybe Im stupid Smiley Once a day or two shut my cgminer down - windows wrote just: "cgminer stops working. Kill?" And I cant find out the reason. Maybe it happens when leaserig.net stops working or when now i have been delisted...

So be so kind, help me with it a little...

Huh
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1093
is this profitable? any calculations made so far?
Updated the code with timeout parameters. Should not happen now anymore. Also, website should stay on now and not cause downtimes like previous days.

Oh, forgot to mention for mining rig owners - keep your machines clear of massive downloading (that hurts mining performance, due to slow or unresponsive links to pools) - there is 2 sec timeout to perform connect and 2 sec timeout on receiving data from miner - if your miner does not send data to my frontend in 2 sec time, your miner gets listed as being OFFLINE and not working.
There were few mining rigs doing havoc on my site. I don't know why yet, but what they did was jacking the connection and never sending any data or terminating it. I think I already saw this cgminer bug and it happens sometimes without any reasons. I have to implement some timers on website, but this will not solve the issue - some rigs wont update speed and you won't be able to manage them, unfortunately. But, I tested sgminer 4.0.0 and it works fine so far.

Some customers got few extra hours of lease for free  Grin

I had to remove mining rig that was causing the issue - TW0R. Please, check your cgminer.

Activity: 572
Merit: 500
OP, thank you for providing such a great service, the backend software you got running is excellent, once all the bugs are ironed out this will be very popular, currently its free but I reckon in the future when its all sorted out to your likening I would be happy to pay a small fee to support it, maybe like 1-2% just like a mining pool?
Activity: 572
Merit: 500
Current speed stats are refreshing very slowly due to few dead or unrensponsive mining rigs. But I think I am closer to the fix of unresponsive website.

wish I had read this before renting out another rig  Sad

Just rented a rig and not able to change the pool info...

Hey the pool you entered "Noble" is mining now so I guess the OP has fixed that issue, I will extend the time for 1 hour out of good will even though it wasnt my fault.

My rig is reporting over 3.4MH but website is only showing 2.2MH , you can confirm on your side that its runnnig at advertised speed

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Geez, one of my rigs has been free for over two hours now and it's still available. You guys are slipping.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
New coin is released, you want all hashing power you can get to mine in first days, looking at profit if it makes it to any exchange, would be one of my guesses.

That is correct.. Lets take an example from 42 which I mined only for few hours solo i had 24000 dents which i sold for around .45 BTC
you are always taking a risk when mining new coins. RPC/CAT paid of initially but on the other hand GFT,MOON,COYE,HOLYNOODLE etc failed but

soo... its a risk

If you know which coin to mine, you can make a real fortune. I mined 42 from the day it came out up to the day it hit cryptsy with my 5.5 MH/s. When it appeared on exchange and I saw a chance for price 400 BTC, I dumped all, which gave me 2.6 BTC (for ~5 days of mining - that is 0.5 BTC per day!). Unfortunately, I dumped too soo, if I had waited more time, I could have made 10+ BTC (2 BTC per day of mining!!!). This is just nice example that even with renting, it is possible to make loads of money, you just need to know what to mine and at what time.

I also earned nice amount on DOGE (4-5 BTC for few days of mining) and VEL (~3 BTC for few days of mining). There were other coins, but less profitable. Staying on multipools or simply mining regular established coins for low profit is waste of time in my opinion.

I see, so it is speculation.  But only on new coins with the hopes they hit an exchange and are popular with enough trade volume to sell at a decent price.  It's a tough game, I can't keep up with all the new coins being dropped.  It's like an arcade game...

But who is buying these coins?  I quickly mined and dumped Coinye, because hell, that was an easy one, it was going to be popular, but there are people owning hundreds of thousands of these coins with no where to go now. 

Anyway, thanks, that makes sense.  Now I'll have to try it out some day.
Activity: 304
Merit: 250
Current speed stats are refreshing very slowly due to few dead or unrensponsive mining rigs. But I think I am closer to the fix of unresponsive website.

wish I had read this before renting out another rig  Sad

Just rented a rig and not able to change the pool info...
Pages:
Jump to: