Author

Topic: [ANN] [PASC] PascalCoin, true deletable blockchain - V3 Hardfork on block 210000 - page 117. (Read 990744 times)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0
i agree that there is some chance that this coin is a significant coin, and there is a good chance that it is undervalued, but /

The problem of many crypto currencies, including Pascal, is that there is a huge amount of technical mumbo jumbo aimed to tech people and almost nothing written only for simple people who are not interested in the technical stuff. All of the landing pages, including the op, should be directed to the general public with zero information for miners and investors, who should have to do some work clicking links and figuring stuff out rather than the people the coin is made for. It's nice to have good technical ideas but it gets boring when every coin markets to miners and speculators and not to users of currency.

The job of speculators, investors, should be to direct things in a better direction, not just extract money from trends. 

Yes, I agree about this, and I'd like to help in fixing this. I don't want to have any credits for this, I just want the documentation to be more in depth. The V2 is lacking details, it does not explain enough, particularly about the checkpointing, and how secure it can stay.
My understanding before reading V2 was according to this image I created:
https://i.imgur.com/MpDIpKj.png
Basically, on regular interval, you record the hash of the safebox and the safebox number and you can discard all prior blocks. From there, the blockchain dating from this pruning can validate any new account balance in later safebox created after this safebox you recorded.
The V2 WH says the safebox has block header information in every account block sub-structure. This does not tell me what it looks like and how it can prevent an attacker to present you with a fake Safebox that contains an inflated balance for his account. I'm looking forward to see it though.
Regardless whether there is a flaw in their concept or if it is solid, PascalCoin as it is presented in the first white paper - with the safebox - allows pruning of the blockchain on periodic interval. You just need to have the rest of the blockchain past that pruning point, either you hold these blocks yourself (as a miner or a node) or you can get it from somewhere else. From that safebox you secured the hash, you can validate all new transactions leading to new safebox post pruning, hence you can confirm an account really has the Pascal stated in the latest safebox.
BTW, the pruning would be done at least 10 blocks prior to the current block being mine so to allow everyone the time to get all the blocks propagated.

Activity: 92
Merit: 10
Hello guys, this is my first post. I'm currently researching altcoins and this coin seems to be promising (at least is something different from btc). I paid attention to it because it was coded in Pascal, language with which I learned to program. But there is a thought that I can't get out of my mind. In theory this coin is for "real people" and not only for geeks, but it's really hard (technically speaking) to get an account. How is this problem going to be solved?
Very easy to get PASA / pascal account ----> https://www.pascwallet.com/Market/Purchase
Activity: 1932
Merit: 288
Hello guys, this is my first post. I'm currently researching altcoins and this coin seems to be promising (at least is something different from btc). I paid attention to it because it was coded in Pascal, language with which I learned to program. But there is a thought that I can't get out of my mind. In theory this coin is for "real people" and not only for geeks, but it's really hard (technically speaking) to get an account. How is this problem going to be solved?

1. this has already been solved with the introduction of the account market.

2. it's expected to implement a mechanism for selling accounts inside the wallet.
Activity: 2
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Twitter: @FedKassad
I keep PASC more than 2 month , all of the coins price boom but not this one ~ Cry

It was pumped in the beginning then dumped! And soon it will be delisted from Polo! It's a scam pumpy-dumpy coin!
All this funny buys and sells are only for volumes! But I think it won't save it! In a 3 week bye bye from Polo!

What you are saying is pure non-sense.

Have you even read the V2 whitepaper?

Are you in the slack channel?

This coin is capable of doing great things that no other coins are able to do. The devs behind this coin are very smart, innovative and sincere. There is no ICO, no premine - those who dump had to of mined or bought in just like anyone else. Since the all time low around March 10, this coin has had a slow and steady climb. It's not a insta-profit coin, though it has tripled in price since then.

You either got burned early on or you just like to troll. Take that shit to some other thread. k thx bye

i agree that there is some chance that this coin is a significant coin, and there is a good chance that it is undervalued, but /

The problem of many crypto currencies, including Pascal, is that there is a huge amount of technical mumbo jumbo aimed to tech people and almost nothing written only for simple people who are not interested in the technical stuff. All of the landing pages, including the op, should be directed to the general public with zero information for miners and investors, who should have to do some work clicking links and figuring stuff out rather than the people the coin is made for. It's nice to have good technical ideas but it gets boring when every coin markets to miners and speculators and not to users of currency.

The job of speculators, investors, should be to direct things in a better direction, not just extract money from trends. 

Patience my friend. Jared Tate was busting his ass for years before the success finally came.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I keep PASC more than 2 month , all of the coins price boom but not this one ~ Cry

It was pumped in the beginning then dumped! And soon it will be delisted from Polo! It's a scam pumpy-dumpy coin!
All this funny buys and sells are only for volumes! But I think it won't save it! In a 3 week bye bye from Polo!

This coin is capable of doing great things that no other coins are able to do. The devs behind this coin are very smart, innovative and sincere. There is no ICO, no premine - those who dump had to of mined or bought in just like anyone else. Since the all time low around March 10, this coin has had a slow and steady climb. It's not a insta-profit coin, though it has tripled in price since then.

You either got burned early on or you just like to troll. Take that shit to some other thread. k thx bye

Activity: 706
Merit: 500
https://twitter.com/CryptoTrout
Activity: 148
Merit: 102
I don't really get it guys, sorry, anyone mind explaining it to me please?

So, I have the Pascal Coin wallet for Windows, which name is Wallet, Miner and Explorer.
- When I run the wallet, it takes about 35% of my CPU - so the wallet is automatically and always mining? If so, what is my chance of obtaining a reward when solo mining within other coins is practically impossible?
- When and how do I get a reward then?
- Is it worth mining with ccMiner or similar then?
- Where do I see my wallet address? The hexadecimal one.
- Where do I see my wallet balance?

The wallet doesn't mine unless you run an external miner and connect it to the wallet. If it takes 35% of your CPU I guess it is when it updates the blockchain.

Solo mining is pointless even to try. Join a pool - coinotron (recommended) or nanopool - super easy to mine at either one.

Activity: 286

So, I have the Pascal Coin wallet for Windows, which name is Wallet, Miner and Explorer.
- When I run the wallet, it takes about 35% of my CPU - so the wallet is automatically and always mining? If so, what is my chance of obtaining a reward when solo mining within other coins is practically impossible?

The wallet doesn't mine unless you run an external miner and connect it to the wallet. If it takes 35% of your CPU I guess it is when it updates the blockchain.

horse shit...

u are a looser doesn't mean the same about the coin.

we've got a good coin, good roadmap and good future.

so just get lost with ur lying howling.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100

Activity: 94
Are there any plans to make a "slimmer", more user-friendly wallet with no more than send/receive functionality, similar to the Bitcoin wallet? I looked at the roadmap but could not find anything on the topic. Thanks.
Activity: 48

Activity: 835
Merit: 1000
There is NO Freedom without Privacy
What's the best GPU for mining PASC ?
This is one of the very few coins under $10M market cap with some great tech and active development so I invested. I do have a suggestion.. a catchy name is important, I would suggest changing the name PascalCoin to simply Pask, while leaving everything else the same. If you make the change I'd appreciate some PASC for the idea but it's not necessary. Smiley

Pask is the coin's name, PASC is the symbol, while Pasa is the name of the accounts... simple, streamlined, and marketable, along with being easy to remember. Look at something most of the top 50 coins have in common... simple, one word names and very few of the newer ones have "coin" in the name.  

I feel strongly about this and it wouldn't take much updating to simply change "Pascal Coin" to "Pask" and remarket the coin, while starting a new ANN thread. Let's get this done!  This is some of the most promsing technology of any coin trading under $25M market cap.. let's take it's development to the next level by doing something to focus on the marketing side... the name.
I think renaming is not the correct way to raise the rating in the market cap. If changing the name in need must use the voting from many users. If to raise the rating instead of changing the name, but the quality of the coin is tested over time and continuous development as it develops. Pascal coin is headed in that direction and the roadmap on Pascal coin is clear and clear Pascal coin will be the top 10 on Marketcap in the near future. wallet.dat pascal coin is not easily damaged compared to BTC or LTC it shows that pascalcoin is superior.

It couldn't hurt. It's something that could be done quite easily with only minor tweaking needed to the wallet, website, ANN. On another note, I found an account that was the same as my zipcode for only 9 PASC, so now I have an easy to remember account number.
Indeed pascalcoin made for the ease of the user. Starting address that is easy to remember, easy to sync, blockchain easy and does not compress the pc for synchronization. And whitepaper V2 can i make an exchange inside the wallet? We wait together.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
This is one of the very few coins under $10M market cap with some great tech and active development so I invested. I do have a suggestion.. a catchy name is important, I would suggest changing the name PascalCoin to simply Pask, while leaving everything else the same. If you make the change I'd appreciate some PASC for the idea but it's not necessary. Smiley

Pask is the coin's name, PASC is the symbol, while Pasa is the name of the accounts... simple, streamlined, and marketable, along with being easy to remember. Look at something most of the top 50 coins have in common... simple, one word names and very few of the newer ones have "coin" in the name.  

I feel strongly about this and it wouldn't take much updating to simply change "Pascal Coin" to "Pask" and remarket the coin, while starting a new ANN thread. Let's get this done!  This is some of the most promsing technology of any coin trading under $25M market cap.. let's take it's development to the next level by doing something to focus on the marketing side... the name.
I think renaming is not the correct way to raise the rating in the market cap. If changing the name in need must use the voting from many users. If to raise the rating instead of changing the name, but the quality of the coin is tested over time and continuous development as it develops. Pascal coin is headed in that direction and the roadmap on Pascal coin is clear and clear Pascal coin will be the top 10 on Marketcap in the near future. wallet.dat pascal coin is not easily damaged compared to BTC or LTC it shows that pascalcoin is superior.

It couldn't hurt. It's something that could be done quite easily with only minor tweaking needed to the wallet, website, ANN. On another note, I found an account that was the same as my zipcode for only 9 PASC, so now I have an easy to remember account number.
Is there anyone who can explain to me how many transactions can fit 1 block on pascal coin?

All these questions can be more quickly and accurately answered on the slack channel. The devs are on pretty frequently.

http://www.pascalcoin.org/slack-self-invite/

it's defined in the whitepaper_v2.
Is there anyone who can explain to me how many transactions can fit 1 block on pascal coin?

All these questions can be more quickly and accurately answered on the slack channel. The devs are on pretty frequently.

http://www.pascalcoin.org/slack-self-invite/

Jump to: