Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SatoshiGalaxy - Browser MMORPG + BTC Faucet {FOR SALE} - page 43. (Read 109828 times)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

I hope you guys remember Orbital Cannon nerf. was promised a long time ago. We actually really considered removing it from the game completely, but that would've been extremely unfair to players who invested in it. However, our logs show it's being used very actively these days, so we were prompted to hurry up with the nerf, before the whole galaxy is "reformatted" back to void state.

You probably should have removed it, and just given the two players who bought it their satoshi back.  That would have been totally fair.

Instead, you left it.  And now onlinedigger has gone on an essentially unstoppable rampage because by the time the log says he has undocked from whichever planet he is hiding out on, he's already fired and is safely docked again.

How exactly are we supposed to defend against this?
Activity: 44
If its absolutely necessary to keep it for fairness, though i see no fairness in the design of this type of weapon personally. the orbital cannon should probably be on a glass tank  with a lot of energy that cant soak up more damage than anything else in the galaxy. to add a balanced option, there should be another ship (Hello Enforcer Smiley ) that is middle of the road for both armor and energy but can use say 8 spitters or 6 beams or the like. thats a little more tankish but less devastating.

The idea that it is both the most devastating weapon and the best defended is kinda overboard.

When you can make a landing zone in a couple hits usually on some planet in the system because they are rarely all high level and then just disappear and only need to shoot once and there's no time to retaliate what exactly is the defense against that weapon??
Activity: 130
Merit: 10
I hope you guys remember Orbital Cannon nerf. was promised a long time ago. We actually really considered removing it from the game completely, but that would've been extremely unfair to players who invested in it. However, our logs show it's being used very actively these days, so we were prompted to hurry up with the nerf, before the whole galaxy is "reformatted" back to void state.

Well, the nerf is all fine and good, but this game of whack a mole is still impossible.  Undock from planet>Orbital cannon>hide on planet> all in one log update, once every 25-30 minutes.  Can't hit the mole but the mole keeps blowing things up.
You guys should nerf the orbital cannon.  It's all good to wipe out someone's stuff but make it limited to only a few uses or something.  It's too OP if someone decides to go on a rampage and just format the galaxy..
hm... how much ships you/your squad/your alliance have wich can use Orbital Cannon?

Przemax afraid orbital cannon? No:) I'm sure there is another reasons  Wink

Today I'm reminded of this.  Seems Diggy Stardust has gone on a rampage and is reformatting the galaxy.

EDIT- how timely, i just noticed the update posted above...
Activity: 38
Fix my CPU points please
Activity: 622
Merit: 500
SatoshiGalaxy
Hey Toecutter, I don't know when you're online in the game or how to message you really, but I have an offer to make to you guys that you might be interested in. Give me a PM sometime and I'll explain.

Will do, thank you.

Well, I have the Premium Account now, but it's still says i should send the btc to the adress.

Right, sorry about that! Please ignore it for now (and obviously, don't send any more BTC), we'll fix it at a later day.

Does Stealth really give me a Evading bonus?
It don't feel like it changed anything on evading.

It does.

HOWEVER, while we investigated it, we have found some other related problems, which were fixed in today's update.

Update.

• [BUG] Aim skill bonus did not apply when attacking planets.
  • [BUG] Evade skill bonus did not apply when evading defense grids.
  • [BUG] Stealth modifier did not apply when evading defense grids. (@black_wulf)
  • [ENC] Increase Orbital Cannon overheat.* (@zaiusz)
  • [ENC] Decrease Orbital Cannon max.durability.* (@zaiusz)

Activity: 147
Merit: 100
Well, I have the Premium Account now, but it's still says i should send the btc to the adress.

Does Stealth really give me a Evading bonus?
It don't feel like it changed anything on evading.
Activity: 64
Hey Toecutter, I don't know when you're online in the game or how to message you really, but I have an offer to make to you guys that you might be interested in. Give me a PM sometime and I'll explain.
SatoshiGalaxy
Couple thoughts Toe, as to the marketplace being a big driver of trade I would think that rather than galaxy-wide shortages of things, it might be wiser to simply have different things available at different stations at different times. That way, maybe a station has what you need, maybe it doesn't, maybe it's worth jumping around to find it, or maybe it's easier to go the marketplace.

But also, I think there needs to be more players in the game before the marketplace really "fills out" so to speak.

The game would've played much differently and much better with, say, 1000 players...

To that end, I think focusing on features that make the game more fun to play will drive more players to the game. I mean sure some people just see this as a means to an end (satoshi) but I think the game has real potential for players who are looking just to have some fun.

I don't know what you have in the pipeline development wise but there's a lot of room to grow on the fun end, I think.

We have about 400 tickets in the database, ranging from small bugs, to minor to major gameplay features... Right now, we're concentrating on bug fixes the most, but hopefully time will come to bring other stuff too.

Why not to change NPC market resource availability:
Green planets: Copper-Argentum
Yellow planets: Gold-Timonium
Red planets: Sapphire-Dilithium
Similar with plates etc.

Yeah, I kinda like this too. We have a similar ticket on the list, I'll add this bit.

[...]Arr! Pirate chatter[...]

We actually had something similar in the past. But not quite. That's a lovely idea, thank you.

Meh, our bitcoin node was disconnected from the network for some reason :( Everything should be fine now.

Same drill as before, everyone, if you are having any troubles with this, just PM me/post here, and I'll fix this ASAP.

Thank you for your donation!

FUCK YOU ALL TOECUTTER AND ALL WITH YOU!

???

I've just checked, and we actually don't have a rule about offending staff members and whatnot, and I don't really care either, but, what the hell?

Also, I see you've decided to fully drain the faucet balances again, which I guess is the second part of the "FUCK YOU" message.

Given it takes several days to confirm the transactions rights now, it's especially hurtful.

Nonplussed.

Small update.

• [BUG] Demolishing Warehouses left some broken items scattered around. (@?)
  • [BUG] Cloaked ships were still targetable by defense grid. (@?)
  • [ENC] Premium-powered ship repair speedup no longer works for criminals.* (@?)

*Sorry about the last one, but this should put people fighting each other (and each other's planets) to more equal terms.
FUCK YOU ALL TOECUTTER AND ALL WITH YOU!

Not sure what Toecutter has to do with anything, but sounds like your letter of resignation bro
Activity: 66
@kakucis If i mined gold in green sector should i transport it to orange for sale? Or you propose change asteroid richness?
Hmm.. good question. I just never liked, that there is small differences from red to green. It will be more interesting if some resources will be available only in reds. There is another + too, players will need to travel to different systems, not only safe greens, and it limits crafting too. If I`m an old player and sit in red zone, then I need to by copper plates or PCB`s from user market, or travel to green system to buy by my self those resources Smiley
Activity: 98
@rehbell. I am here for earn money. 4mil withdraw compared with left in game for "something"...You do not know is next bought BP give you profit. Ships don't! But i invest in ships!?

Dear onlinedigger,

Would not it be better to work out every day a Faucet list? I think you could earn more Satoschis faster. Or maybe it is not just the intention of Satoshi to earn and it is just fun to buy better weapons and kill a few pirates or to rejoice that you have burned no or only very few plates. I do not think you're playing this game just because of the Satoshis.  Wink
Activity: 98
Dear toecutter,

I have a suggestion regarding the fight against pirates. It is about a "dialogue" that could lead the pirate with the player during the fight. Mock or insult the player. If the player is attacking a pirate and the player does

not hit the pirate then the message from the pirate could be displayed in a "battle window": "Learn aiming first then come back, even a blind one shoots better than you." If the player hits the pirate, and according to the

amount of damage, could be read in the battle window: (with low damage) "Ahhh ... just a scratch, can not you do better?" (In case of high damage) "You will pay for it bastard!".

I think it would make the battles against pirates more interesting.

At the very least, the crafting cool down timer should ONLY be for multiples/bulk crafting.  You should allow instant single item crafting like there was a long time ago, before the bulk crafting was implemented.  Just for simple management of resources this is very prohibitive...
Activity: 43
So chances are, crafting will become easier again in the following updates.

I so hope so.
Activity: 66
Why not to change NPC market resource availability:
Green planets: Copper-Argentum
Yellow planets: Gold-Timonium
Red planets: Sapphire-Dilithium
Similar with plates etc.
Activity: 64
Couple thoughts Toe, as to the marketplace being a big driver of trade I would think that rather than galaxy-wide shortages of things, it might be wiser to simply have different things available at different stations at different times. That way, maybe a station has what you need, maybe it doesn't, maybe it's worth jumping around to find it, or maybe it's easier to go the marketplace.

But also, I think there needs to be more players in the game before the marketplace really "fills out" so to speak.

To that end, I think focusing on features that make the game more fun to play will drive more players to the game. I mean sure some people just see this as a means to an end (satoshi) but I think the game has real potential for players who are looking just to have some fun.

I don't know what you have in the pipeline development wise but there's a lot of room to grow on the fun end, I think.
SatoshiGalaxy
Bugs?

Ads in the top advertising block in SG1 lead straight to coinzilla not to the actual advertisers site. I don't know if this is effecting your earnings or not.

Additionally ads in the second (middle bottom) block states (SG1 again) "advertise in this spot" lead me to a blockadz site which displays a 404 error for site not found.

Thanks for the report!

It appears blockadz has died as a service, expect it to be removed soonish. The were supposed to send us some satoshi, oh well.

As for the discussion. I've read all of it, but I just can't reply to everything with quotes, like I usually do, there's just too much stuff :)

However, I'll comment on some points.

1. Planet ownership. It's not a problem for us, they are indeed not as profitable as newbies may think, and on top of that, the number of planets is limited. So, from financial standpoint, one player owning ALL THE PLANETS is the same thing as 1-planet-per-player situation or whatever permutation of those.

2. We will adjust the crafting / cooldown rates. For guys following the development process, it shouldn't be a surprise, we often first introduce the feature, then iron out the bugs in said feature, then finally fine-tune the actual numbers. So chances are, crafting will become easier again in the following updates.

3. Posting your earnings is not necessary, I mean, feel free to do it, but we're not upset about it in any way, this is the point of the game (to some) anyway.

4. There is a clear conflict of interests in regards to players who play just to play and players who play to withdraw. Former deserve faster earning rates, later deserve slower, and we're kinda stuck in-between those two realities. I believe I said it before: without the withdrawal feature, the game would've been balanced entirely differently, with things taking days and hours instead of months and days. Similarly, the equipment cooldowns would've been seconds, not minutes.

5. The main resource in the game is satoshi. Skills, time, gear, ships, planets, allies, information, etc -- are all important. However, your real progress is measured in satoshi, because you can simply buy lots of stuff you need. And that was a problem, even without the withdrawal aspect. You need something that costs 250k? No problem, click-click-click, 250k worth of stuff crafted. Need something that's worth a mil? No problem either. I'm exaggerating here, but this was bothering us for a long time.

Side-note: for the same reason, shortage was met with some hostility. It was the only thing stopping people from buying stuff. Money was never a problem. Which is wrong.

6. Ability to buy everything is a two-edged sword. We can't turn it off, because the game is supposed to work even with one lone player online (he can't rely on marketplace in that case), but without the cooldown, people were just buying everything off NPCs and not giving the marketplace proper attention.

By design, you were never supposed to be able to craft everything on your own, it was always supposed to be a team effort. Some people smelt stuff, some people make circuits out of that stuff, other people make components, etc.

Oh, one more thing worth mentioning. The bitcoin network is acting very slow this month, at least that's how we see it. The faucet balances were supposed to be refilled long time ago, the transactions are just not confirming :( So, just so you know, it's not a deliberate measure on our end.

Everyone's CPU has been restored.
Activity: 8
Bugs?

Ads in the top advertising block in SG1 lead straight to coinzilla not to the actual advertisers site. I don't know if this is effecting your earnings or not.

Additionally ads in the second (middle bottom) block states (SG1 again) "advertise in this spot" lead me to a blockadz site which displays a 404 error for site not found.
Pages:
Jump to: