Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] TenX: Making Blockchain assets spendable - page 48. (Read 332241 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

One could have called PundiX a wreck also as people who participated on the ICO made a loss up until about a week ago when it boomed. TenX will boom also once they get their banking license.
[/quote]

Problem with that is cash burn in the meantime. The banking licence ain't coming pre 2020 IMO, TokenPay can't even get one in a hurry in Vanautu, TenX are trying in Europe, do we think they have enough ETH to get them to there?
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
Hi;

Since "Visa" thing happened, this gateway option does not make any sense to me anymore. I guess Pundi X will be the answer. We will see.

Kind regards

PUNDIX!!!!!! I killed it on that trade (kept some just in case). Almost makes this TenX car wreck bearable.
Check out PalmPay.io too. Cool idea using instant conversion to pegged crypto using BitShares. Saves merchants from volatility.

One could have called PundiX a wreck also as people who participated on the ICO made a loss up until about a week ago when it boomed. TenX will boom also once they get their banking license.
Activity: 65
I already said, but I repeat that TenX is not just plastic cards. This is a project that seeks to combine the classical world of money with the crypto-world. And plastic cards are not the only way!

Yeah, but plastic cards allow people to use crypto in real stores just near them. Like to buy gasoline, or bread. Changes everything.

The introduction of NFC / non-contact payments associated with a wallet can be much simpler to use. You can buy products using your smartphone. It's much better than Mastercard and Visa.

Only work for small amounts... But would be a good start.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001
Come on, look at the bright side: the lack of cards "helped" people NOT spend too much Bitcoin while it was low.
Maybe TenX has plans to release only when Bitcoin touches a certain level. 25k? Smiley

That is nice excuse let us wait until bitcoin reach that level but investors don't care about any tech or any level of price. They only want to make profit and this is reality of crypto we need a good solution to resolve this issue asap.
Activity: 154
Merit: 12
I already said, but I repeat that TenX is not just plastic cards. This is a project that seeks to combine the classical world of money with the crypto-world. And plastic cards are not the only way!

Yeah, but plastic cards allow people to use crypto in real stores just near them. Like to buy gasoline, or bread. Changes everything.

The introduction of NFC / non-contact payments associated with a wallet can be much simpler to use. You can buy products using your smartphone. It's much better than Mastercard and Visa.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
Come on, look at the bright side: the lack of cards "helped" people NOT spend too much Bitcoin while it was low.
Maybe TenX has plans to release only when Bitcoin touches a certain level. 25k? Smiley
Activity: 65

Activity: 154
Merit: 12
Activity: 521
Merit: 251
is there a summary from todays q&a? not time to look atm  Roll Eyes
Activity: 40
Merit: 2
It seems many American posters don't understand that Crypto is classified as an Asset in the U.S.
That means every time u sell it (buy something) its a Taxable event requiring a Capital Gains Tax.
Every American here should know this since we just filed our Taxes.
This classification makes using Crypto as a Currency an Acquired price/Sold price pain in the ass!
From what I've read Europe and Asia have labeled crypto an "Alternative" Currency so the TenX model
is still viable in those regions.

I get this.  What I don't really get:  If you trade for something of equal value, what would be taxed?

The problem is the Tax Man doesn't consider it a "trade". They say u are selling one crypto and acquiring another all within that one transaction.
Let's say I Buy Nano with BitCoin on an exchange. My Capital Gains Tax is from any profit between BitCoins value when I acquired it and when I used it (considered selling) to buy Nano. If the amount of BTC used was worth $375 when acquired and worth $600 when I used it in the purchase the $225 rise in BTC value incurs a Capital Gains Tax.

This CNBC article outlines Crypto Taxes: https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2018/02/21/everything-you-need-to-know-about-bitcoin-and-your-taxes.html

Hey, thanks for this.  From my understanding, cryptos are considered property, not currency in the US.  So, if I trade a bottle of water to you for a bag of beans and then a month later, you decide you really want your beans back.  I say those beans will cost you 3 bottles of water now.  This is a taxable event and I will have to pay tax on 2 bottles of water?  Sounds rediculous to me.
Activity: 42
Hi;

Since "Visa" thing happened, this gateway option does not make any sense to me anymore. I guess Pundi X will be the answer. We will see.

Kind regards

PUNDIX!!!!!! I killed it on that trade (kept some just in case). Almost makes this TenX car wreck bearable.
Check out PalmPay.io too. Cool idea using instant conversion to pegged crypto using BitShares. Saves merchants from volatility.
It seems many American posters don't understand that Crypto is classified as an Asset in the U.S.
That means every time u sell it (buy something) its a Taxable event requiring a Capital Gains Tax.
This classification makes using Crypto as a Currency an Acquired price/Sold price pain in the ass!
From what I've read Europe and Asia have labeled crypto an "Alternative" Currency so the TenX model

I get this.  What I don't really get:  If you trade for something of equal value, what would be taxed?

The problem is the Tax Man doesn't consider it a "trade". They say u are selling one crypto and acquiring another all within that one transaction.
Let's say I Buy Nano with BitCoin on an exchange. My Capital Gains Tax is from any profit between BitCoins value when I acquired it and when I used it (considered selling) to buy Nano. If the amount of BTC used was worth $375 when acquired and worth $600 when I used it in the purchase the $225 rise in BTC value incurs a Capital Gains Tax.

This CNBC article outlines Crypto Taxes: https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2018/02/21/everything-you-need-to-know-about-bitcoin-and-your-taxes.html
Activity: 476
Merit: 278
Some good news I read in the media the other day about TenX. https://cointelegraph.com/news/litecoin-courting-tenx-and-korbit-just-a-month-after-litepay-breakup. Not sure why TenX didn't announce but that is very positive news  Smiley
So fail project announced courting with another one soon to be fail project Grin Litepay is a scam created for pumping litecoin and i wouldnt call geting involved in anyway with them a good news Undecided
Btw still waiting for my crypto card that was promised months ago Roll Eyes
Activity: 756
Merit: 541
Hi;

Kind regards
Activity: 40
Merit: 2

Activity: 521
Merit: 251
Tomorrow is Q&A i hope Julian tell is what is the actual status of the cards, they working so great till early jan  Sad
Activity: 392
Merit: 102
TenX needs visa or mastercard to accept them, if they don't accept them tenx can't operate.

I think they should implement an NFC / contactless type payment linked to the wallet so you can still spend.. just like using apple pay. Mastercard and Visa doesnt have to be the only option
Activity: 392
Merit: 102
Are tenx cards working at the moment? I really want to get one but heard they stopped working when Visa pulled the plug.
Activity: 518
Merit: 252
Some good news I read in the media the other day about TenX. https://cointelegraph.com/news/litecoin-courting-tenx-and-korbit-just-a-month-after-litepay-breakup. Not sure why TenX didn't announce but that is very positive news  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: