Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] TenX: Making Blockchain assets spendable - page 56. (Read 332241 times)

Activity: 298
Merit: 10
almost nobody started with new cards, but that is a bad excuse
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
I am totally disappointed with this company
I have create and ordered two different cards, I paid of course for the cards and have also send BTC to my accounts

You are one of the many who ordered cards and still waiting for them.
Quite ugly from their side they've waited this long only to tell they can't deliver at the promised time.
But on the other side, they need some strength to come out and admit they've behind schedule.

Another bad thing is that they didn't announce another time frame for the cards, but at least they've promised more frequent updates, which is something they should have had started months ago.
All in all, it's not so excessively bad, not yet. I was expecting TenX be in the first 3 to deliver cards after Wavecrest demise and they still can do that. If they don't, then we can be indeed disappointed, since they've been working on something before Wavecrest went down and then it'll mean they don't use well enough the funds people entrusted in them.
Activity: 658
Merit: 129
They just released video updates on where they are in Q1, and where they are headed for Q2:

Video English: https://youtu.be/nj4v5N7WLVU
Video German: https://youtu.be/91ACr4aVz6w
Medium: https://medium.com/@TenX/3dfca38887d2

I still believe in TenX and will hold my tokens.
Activity: 280
Merit: 4
They just made an announcement that in a nutshell says.

They are not going to be meeting any card deadlines.
They are scared of what the SEC is doing as far as ICO tokens being securities.
They are confident but not sure about the banking licence and issuing cards could be "A few Months away" from getting the banking license, if they actually get one.
They are going to change the way they make announcments.
They have opened a research lab in Australia for Commit.

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001
Ganja <3
I have create and ordered two different cards, I paid of course for the cards and have also send BTC to my accounts

All that happened several months ago

They didn't have the dignity to froze the ability to order a new card like other company's did, like wirex and spectrocoin
If I hadn't add funds into my accounts I would easily said bye bye to them long ago!

#metoo
nothing more to say ...

do you guys realy cry about 15$ or 30$ you paid for the card? just wait for any news or leave it.
Activity: 37
Merit: 1

They didn't have the dignity to froze the ability to order a new card like other company's did, like wirex and spectrocoin
If I hadn't add funds into my accounts I would easily said bye bye to them long ago!

#metoo
nothing more to say ...
If these cards can be ordered from Russia, I'm very interested. Is it possible? Unfortunately, most cards with millions of caps cannot be managed with cards outside the European Union.

For Russia I cannot find now, but some company is preparing solution.

What I refer telling about new "start" https://news.bitcoin.com/wirex-launching-bitcoin-debit-cards-in-europe/ . Imo if one company(wirex) will start, rest join fast
Activity: 378
Merit: 126

Activity: 275
Merit: 100
If these cards can be ordered from Russia, I'm very interested. Is it possible? Unfortunately, most cards with millions of caps cannot be managed with cards outside the European Union.
Activity: 308
Merit: 100

If TenX and all these card crypto's had just done their research before making promises about crypto debit cards this whoel ordeal would have no happened, then again I have to give the team credit for actually working with wave crest, I know these markets are still maturing and I feel that the next major step will be to get crypto to be spendable on teh western hemisphere with debit cards. I hope this happens sooner than later.
legendary
Activity: 1372
I would like to cover the presentation to find out what the solution is given when debit/prepaid cards are facing uncertainty phase. TenX is different than other projects in sense of showing timely good bounce backs in its token value on trading platforms. It will be interesting to see them providing some solution finally.
Talks that wirex is starting cards again. So hope Tenx will come back. Very hope and thanks in advance for news
Activity: 123
Merit: 0
https://twitter.com/tenxwallet/status/977087139069550592

3 days later, I think the Live card presentation will be made. I've been following you for a long time. I invested a little before the fall.
yes i think that too volume is increasing right now i hope the the announcements gonna be about the card  Embarrassed
Activity: 3038
Merit: 592
BTC to the MOON in 2019
I heard a rumor that they plan to launch they own exchange ?! Anyone ?

That would make sense actually to give thoir token a purpose again.
That is good if that would really happen, it will add value to the project.
But, until there is no announcement by the team we should not be excited as that would only create hype, let us all act based on the real news
here so we will not get discourage in the end.
legendary
Activity: 1276
https://twitter.com/tenxwallet/status/977087139069550592

3 days later, I think the Live card presentation will be made. I've been following you for a long time. I invested a little before the fall.
SLT
Activity: 200
Merit: 4
Transparent decentralized exchange with debit card
I heard a rumor that they plan to launch they own exchange ?! Anyone ?

That would make sense actually to give thoir token a purpose again.
Activity: 37
Merit: 5
What is your feeling? Will TenX deliver the first cards?
Activity: 406
Merit: 102
Republia - New Blockchain Technology
https://twitter.com/tenxwallet/status/977084829526380544
Many of you have been asking and waiting for an update on cards etc. Beginning next week you will get ur long awaited update.
Announcement of an Announcement? LOL! Grin

Anyway thanks for sharing this. I completely forgot this after the problem with Wavecrest. We'll see if the update is good for everyone waiting for the cards.
Activity: 77
Merit: 1
I see that many questions are concerned about this coin. We'll get the information very soon, we'll wait for next Tuesday! I think that it will be useful to many to familiarize:
- https://twitter.com/tenxwallet/status/977084829526380544.
- https://twitter.com/tenxwallet/status/977087139069550592
Activity: 616
Merit: 11
Meet The Team — Jeff Gan, Software Engineer
https://blog.tenx.tech/meet-the-team-jeff-gan-software-engineer-ed0d202480cc

Continuing from our first post in this hope-to-be series, we reached out to other members of TenX to see who would like to write a little about themselves for another round— all of these ‘interviews’ are optional, after all!

From the software side, Jeff was more than happy to provide a little bit of background about himself and his role here at TenX — we hope this provides better insight into our Software team:

Jeff is a Software Engineer, who has been a part of TenX since October 2017 and currently the lead mobile app developer for both Android and iOS.

What was your profession prior to TenX, and how did you fall into crypto?

I have always been focused more on mobile development ever since I became a Software Engineer. At the earlier stage of my career though, I had dealt with low-level programming like embedded systems, Linux and Mac OS kernels.

How did you learn about TenX and join us as Software Engineer?

I attend meet ups or workshops once in a while after work & during weekends. One of the meet ups I had signed up for was about blockchain and that was where I got to know Paul through Mike Ferrer the community manager, who is a friend of mine.

I already had a small idea of what blockchain is, and invested a little in BTC and ETH by that time so I felt amazed at what TenX can possibly do if they really succeed with their ambitious plans — but I definitely did not see myself working with them that time as first, I didn’t know they were hiring and second, I could not imagine myself working in an office situated inside someones house!

It was at least a month after the ICO when I heard about them looking for a mobile developer and I did not hesitate to send my application. It was not completely smooth-sailing as they were receiving tons of applicants and they treat everyone’s submission equally. But once they decide you’re in, they want you in, as in, right now! So after getting a confirmation message through Slack on a Saturday afternoon, I went straight to their house the next day and signed the contract, it’s been non-stop action from then on.

How do you see TenX making cryptocurrencies spendable?

It’s like how the computer was made personal, or how Internet access was made wireless; it has big potential to change the way people live and earn/spend their currencies

As a Software Engineer, what is a typical day like for you?

We follow the standard application development life-cycle. It usually starts from planning and analysis, whether it is a bug or a feature request, this step involves things like task prioritisation, requirements collection, estimation of task completion time etc.

After planning, that is when I start the development process, based on the design flow if it involves that. Once the app is ready for testing, it would be forwarded the QA team then to a closed alpha testing stage where the apps are released with a larger set of users, then we release to even more users in the open beta testing stage. If it looks good then we release it to public; if not, then the cycle restarts back to development stage.

Though the question is about a typical day, the whole life-cycle definitely does not finish within a day. So to answer the question more directly, a typical day for me would be anywhere within that cycle along with our daily stand-up, meetings, etc.

Where do you personally see TenX in 2 years time?

I see TenX still in Singapore, along with more branches in other parts of the world as well. Kidding aside, I would simply say, I see TenX still sticking to their culture and vision.

Aside from work, what keeps you busy and what do you enjoy doing?

I love to learn new stuff so I take online courses every now and then. On the other hand, I also love sports… a lot. In fact, I join marathon and triathlon events regularly, compete in billiards competitions whenever I get the chance to train.

Thanks for spending some time to answer these questions Jeff, always great to hear of other peoples experiences!
Pages:
Jump to: