Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] The First Litecoin PPS Pool (litecoinpool.org) - page 3. (Read 226867 times)

Activity: 838
Merit: 507
Another reason to choose PPS: you get paid even when blocks get out of the main chain.

There was one rather long (27 blocks) chain that became orphaned 7 hours ago, and two of those blocks were found by our pool.
Did this affect your earnings? Not at all! (It only affected the pool's wallet, d'oh! Cheesy)

Here is the root of the orphaned chain:
http://blockexplorer.sytes.net/block/51eb5d3c807107c6e9dc5ba0074883b718d1a5fe48f245f8cef53eff74ee09dc

Hello , My Account At litecoinpool org found 2 blocks ,
Why Finding a block does not result in any additional reward?!

A miner's rewards are based on submitted shares, and completely independent of whether they find blocks. This is consistent with the message you quoted. See also the Beginner's Guide and the FAQ.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Another reason to choose PPS: you get paid even when blocks get out of the main chain.

There was one rather long (27 blocks) chain that became orphaned 7 hours ago, and two of those blocks were found by our pool.
Did this affect your earnings? Not at all! (It only affected the pool's wallet, d'oh! Cheesy)

Here is the root of the orphaned chain:
http://blockexplorer.sytes.net/block/51eb5d3c807107c6e9dc5ba0074883b718d1a5fe48f245f8cef53eff74ee09dc

Hello , My Account At litecoinpool org found 2 blocks ,
Why Finding a block does not result in any additional reward?!

Can anyone Help me with that question?!
Activity: 2
What is OK stale shares %? I see 0 stales on my Antminer sw and 3.14% Litecoinpool.org.

3% is pretty bad. Most users are currently below 0.25%. Keep in mind that stale shares are caused by latency. And unfortunately latency can be introduced by many different things, from overclocking to networking hardware getting in the way.

I mentioned this a few months ago (post #1398). Mine are also ranging from 1.68% to 1.75%. They seem to have peeked out there. They steadily rose this year. Before they were all at ~.35%.
Activity: 3
hi! please add a value in BTC and USD next to the "Past 24 hours Rewards" field, you already have all the courses, I think it will be easy to do.

We will consider it, but personally I'm not a fan of this idea. I think the Rewards section should contain exact figures only. The pool deals in LTC exclusively, and adding any estimates that depend on (potentially highly volatile) exchange rates may be seen as misleading by some users.

Yes, the rates can be very volatile, I think all miners know and understand this. There is already a recalculation for 1 LTC in the page header, but my power is not equal to that, which is why there is a difficulty with the calculation, so the recalculation in relation to the daily income is very convenient.

The calculator also has a recalculation, but for some reason it does not use Reference Currency, and it is not convenient to substitute your data all the time.

Conversion to BTC/Reference Currency is very important and convenient in my opinion and should be available in a hint or in a separate field next to all values in LTC.
hi! please add a value in BTC and USD next to the "Past 24 hours Rewards" field, you already have all the courses, I think it will be easy to do.

We will consider it, but personally I'm not a fan of this idea. I think the Rewards section should contain exact figures only. The pool deals in LTC exclusively, and adding any estimates that depend on (potentially highly volatile) exchange rates may be seen as misleading by some users.
What is OK stale shares %? I see 0 stales on my Antminer sw and 3.14% Litecoinpool.org.

3% is pretty bad. Most users are currently below 0.25%. Keep in mind that stale shares are caused by latency. And unfortunately latency can be introduced by many different things, from overclocking to networking hardware getting in the way.

Hello! please tell me, can I see this in the future?

Activity: 1
Hi folks,

Real quick Q, sorry if the answer is in this thread, I couldn't find a way to specifically search this thread.

I have some L3+ in a remote location with unstable electricity, so that the electric sometimes goes down.

First question is whether there is some way to receive a text message or other type of notification than an email.. (Perhaps through IFTTT or another service).

Second question is if there is someway to power cycle the breakout boards remotely... Currently I have to physically attend the location and that is simply switch the breakout boards to the OFF position and then back onto the ON position.

I've tried power cycling the power outlet (Plug socket), or extension gang /lead in these instances but this doesn't work... Seems the PSU only kicks back in upon physically cycling the breakout board switch.

Was thinking some kind of GSM or IP OPERATED servo, but maybe there is an easier way?

Anyway thanks for the the pool and everything you are doing for the LTC community.

Bye for now,
Butchio,

Ps. Sorry if this is the wrong thread to post in, I happen to use LTCpool and hoped someone might have knowledge, if this is the wrong forum and someone knows a better one, be great to know.
Is there a way to download the User Hash Rate data that's used to generate the Charts?
Currently, no, but if you only need daily data points you can download the CSV from your Rewards page.

I'm seeing about 1.7% stale shares with Antminer L3+.  Ping time to us, us2, and generic addresses are around 28 ms, 66 ms, and 98 ms, respectively: [...]
I recently upgraded my cable modem and upgraded from CAT 5/6 to CAT 8 cabling and reduced the number of internal switches in the path from the miners to the modem.  So now I'm at a loss as to how to further reduce the stale shares.  Any suggestions?
I would guess that the two most likely possibilities are that the bulk of the latency arises either at the miner's level, before shares are actually sent over the network (which could happen because of a hardware or firmware issue or quirk), or at some point along the network path (e.g. by a firewall examining TCP traffic, which wouldn't affect ping times).
Activity: 75
Merit: 1
Is there a way to download the User Hash Rate data that's used to generate the Charts?
Thanks

I'm seeing about 1.7% stale shares with Antminer L3+.  Ping time to us, us2, and generic addresses are around 28 ms, 66 ms, and 98 ms, respectively:

ping litecoinpool.org

Pinging litecoinpool.org [88.80.187.187] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 88.80.187.187: bytes=32 time=98ms TTL=48

Ping statistics for 88.80.187.187:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 98ms, Maximum = 98ms, Average = 98ms

ping us2.litecoinpool.org

Pinging us2.litecoinpool.org [104.236.136.96] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 104.236.136.96: bytes=32 time=66ms TTL=43
Reply from 104.236.136.96: bytes=32 time=67ms TTL=43

Ping statistics for 104.236.136.96:
    Minimum = 66ms, Maximum = 67ms, Average = 66ms

ping us.litecoinpool.org

Pinging us.litecoinpool.org [104.236.57.24] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 104.236.57.24: bytes=32 time=28ms TTL=47
Reply from 104.236.57.24: bytes=32 time=28ms TTL=47
Reply from 104.236.57.24: bytes=32 time=27ms TTL=47
Reply from 104.236.57.24: bytes=32 time=26ms TTL=47

Ping statistics for 104.236.57.24:
    Minimum = 26ms, Maximum = 28ms, Average = 27ms

I recently upgraded my cable modem and upgraded from CAT 5/6 to CAT 8 cabling and reduced the number of internal switches in the path from the miners to the modem.  So now I'm at a loss as to how to further reduce the stale shares.  Any suggestions?

Activity: 75
Merit: 1
So - I've been under a rock for a while, but just realized that I have three L3+ units in storage.  At the time I stopped mining because they were worthless -- but now it seems they can make a profit.

Question is I see many options for firmware for these units.  One from the manufacturer to make it an L3++.  It supposedly saves electricity?

Any advice on legit firmwares for these units?  I upgraded to L3++ and I have not checked the power usage, but seems to work normally.

Thanks and I guess I am back into this hobby.  I've always used litecoinpool.org -- they same to pay the best (although it would be nice to receive DOGE coin paid out separately from LTC).

I briefly tried Hive OS, and it did a nice job of optimizing the frequency and voltage (per chip), but their management software is not very intuitive and they didn't provide much support in figuring out how to make sure the pools get set to what I wanted (they seemed to flip back to a default).  So I dropped out of that and switched to Blissz.  If you look around, you can likely find a copy of it (it's no longer supported, as far as I can tell, and it doesn't collect the dev fee).  There was a dispute about the GPL and not exposing the source code.  Anyway ... it provides access to frequency and voltage per board in an L3+, so I was able to do some optimization on my own.  It's a little cumbersome, but once you've got the info you can set for max hash rate or max efficiency (within reason).  You can find this elsewhere, but key things are MH/sec/W and HW err rate.  I try to keep the latter under about 1%, based upon what I've read.  Then I also use the 24 hour hashrate reported by litecoinpool.org to validate what I see on the Miner Status page. 

The reported watts tracks well with the wattmeters I'm using, so I don't think you need to factor in power supply efficiency.
Hola buenos dias.

Soy nuevo en el tema de la minería tengo un ASIC L7 y quiero saber que es mas conveniente si minar solamente ltc en litecoinpool o si conviene minar ltc y doge. espero alguno me pueda guiar un poco, estuve leyendo bastante pero se dice mucho y quisiera saber la opinion de vosotros.

Gracias

Un Saludos
Hi! Litecoinpool.org Monitoring app for android, Enjoy!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ltcmonitor.app
Activity: 35
Merit: 2
Hello Sir ,

i would like you to consider our request of adding Dingocoin to litecoinpool .

We've  crossed the 265K height and we can now merge auxpow with Ltc/Doge without conflict. Would be very nice if you guys can add us in for Scrypt merged mining. It will probably be very easy since it's derived from Doge. The hash rate already has crossed 1 Th/s within 12 hours.

Emission is still at 1,25,000 rewards after two halving. We have successfully implemented max re-org length activation to protect against 51% attack which were previously happening with many new coins. We are now on binance smart chain with our own wrapped version to attract bsc world and Another Sol wrap is in progress.

Community members are very active and its started without any premine and was announced here on 1st April in ANN threads.

You should take a look at dingocoin.org for progress from that time to date.

Thanks for your consideration.
Activity: 4
Hello again hope you are keeping well  Smiley
I wanted to buy some new miners and was hoping someone in the group could lead me to a reputable vendor that has quality machines. I have bought 15 from a vendor on alibaba and it has been an absolute nightmare with these miners.
Please any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you 🙏🏼
Thanks for the response I really appreciate you letting me know why this is happening.
Enjoy the rest of your day 😁
Hello I am rather new to the mining scene and this is my first post I hope I’m addressing to the right person lol.
I’m just wondering why the coin price has gone up but I am making less profit? I understand about the difficulty but comparing to similar difficulty levels in the past I’m still making less than I was before
I was hoping someone could help me with this?

Essentially, the network difficulty has been going up and the relative profitability of merged mining has been going down. On the positive side, the price of Litecoin against fiat currencies has gone up.
Hello I am rather new to the mining scene and this is my first post I hope I’m addressing to the right person lol.
I’m just wondering why the coin price has gone up but I am making less profit? I understand about the difficulty but comparing to similar difficulty levels in the past I’m still making less than I was before 🤷🏻‍♂️
I was hoping someone could help me with this?
Thanks
Jeff
Pages:
Jump to: