Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] The world's first handheld Bitcoin device, the Ellet! - page 10. (Read 45628 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 504
^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.
What is it?

The Ellet (as an Electronic Wallet) is a way to send money from the palm of your hand. This device has been secretly developed as the BitDex for over the past 9 months. It comes in at a similar weight and height as the iPod nano 3rd generation and lets you send Bitcoin, Namecoin, Litecoin, Paypal, Dwolla, and almost anything else you can imagine, all instantly from the palm of your hand!

Why is it important?

The Ellet solves several issues that payment processors have, but most speci--
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
OK, this ad claims to take MintChip for payment. Really?

Vaporware that can make payments in vaporcurrency lol
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
OK, this ad claims to take MintChip for payment. Really?
legendary
Activity: 1470
Hello!
Stop wiping your nose... euuuuwwwww

Anyways..

Is it next week yet.. I wanna see this thing...

Well he himself has "leaked" this link http://postimage.org/image/xhd9oc62p/full/

So apparently their photoshop department needs more than one week to fake an actual picture of this.
Either that or they are still waiting for Kodak to process their negatives and then UPS shipping it to the internet, because technology like digital cameras to take an actual image of the damn thing will not be invented for the next 20 year (to paraphrase mnw himself)....

That link isnt showing anything for me. can someone re upload it please?
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
It's probably not an ipod unless Matthew also got an exclusive Bitcoin deal with Apple on his birthday too.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB
uh ohhhhh...

That watch looks like an Ipod nano, the ones they have wristbands for..

Thats fugly, just like the ipod nano watches no one wants.....  I pray that isnt it..   Undecided

Im really really disappointed if this is it..

I really hate to be negative on this, I had high hopes, but this is ugly as hell..  

If it isnt a high tech usb stick, or a creditcard design, I cant see everyone flocking to a watch, I dont wear watches, as many others dont.
Specially when my cell phone IS my watch..

I dont wanna be a fashionable bitcoiner, I want to be a functional bitcoiner..

Watches are for fashion.. plain and simple..

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas
lol.. this thread is a fucking tragedy.
aq
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Anyways..

Well he himself has "leaked" this link http://postimage.org/image/xhd9oc62p/full/

So apparently their photoshop department needs more than one week to fake an actual picture of this.
Either that or they are still waiting for Kodak to process their negatives and then UPS shipping it to the internet, because technology like digital cameras to take an actual image of the damn thing will not be invented for the next 20 year (to paraphrase mnw himself)....
Activity: 770
You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

Anyways..

Activity: 686
Wat
Theres one way to prove it exists and thats to ship it out  Cheesy
edd
donator
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
Theres nothing worse than impatient trolls.
Nah, I think people are just excited and dont want to get their hopes up if it ends up to be a fake. At least I am.

Only one person in this thread has delivered a Bitcoin Magazine so I cut them some slack if they need more time. Probably should have said "this year" rather than "this week" but thats Matthew.

FTFY.
REF
Activity: 529
I hate these reddit page links. I dont even know what to click on. If someone didn't repost the link to the borders bitcoin magazine article I would of never found it. I only thing I saw some who posted its not leaked if you(MNW) released it. I agree.
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
Since you said the latest (3rd?) generation would be half as big as the current (2nd?) version, I'm assuming the ad draft is for the 3rd gen product and the video will be of something that is a bit larger? I can't imagine anything much smaller in a wristwatch form factor anyway.

You are correct. The advert is 3rd prototype, video is of 2nd prototype which I absofuckinglutely hate in contrast to 3rd, but since 3rd isn't completed yet I have no choice. You should have seen the first prototype! LOL Can anyone say brick?

Note: the video you'll be shown will only demonstrate bitcoin transactions. There are a couple months of developments, contracts, APIs, sandbox testing, etc to go through for additional international payment methods. The newest addition I can't wait to show you guys (can't mention it yet because we're in the process of patenting it) but it'll make this baby sell like hotcakes across Asia*.

(*No, it's not an interchangeable "Hello Kitty" face.)
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
Since you said the latest (3rd?) generation would be half as big as the current (2nd?) version, I'm assuming the ad draft is for the 3rd gen product and the video will be of something that is a bit larger? I can't imagine anything much smaller in a wristwatch form factor anyway.
Video is still a bit late (hopefully it'll be done by today) but I've convinced the engineer who was recording one of the source videos to start working towards a live broadcast test just for the bitcoin community as soon as he's done with this video.

Accept my apologies on the delay of the quite awesome video that we're working on. As a token of my thanks for waiting, here's an advertisement I drafted up for the Ellet. Let me know what you think!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/v6bxp/leaked_ellet_advertisement_draft_for_bitcoin/
Activity: 731
Merit: 503
Libertas a calumnia
Quote from: Matthew
For those who are disenchanted by this not being a Bitcoin-only device (because bitcoin!), let me first say that the decision came with a lot of thought. The only way Bitcoin will ever succeed is if it's allowed proper competition. Being unknown is not proper competition, but neither is forcing consumers to use only Bitcoin (which effectively puts it dead in the water). Creating a free market environment where you are allowed to use Bitcoin side-by-side with other digital currencies is the best way to outline the benefits of Bitcoin that bitcoiners brag about so often. If this makes you nervous as a bitcoiner, then it means we've failed to provide a valuable and trustworthy digital currency and Bitcoin is inherently flawed.
+1
legendary
Activity: 1470
Hello!
what kind of size do you think the final model will be? Is it waterproof?
Activity: 560
Where's the crazy guy on the milk crate yelling about how the sky is falling? I need his opinion on this.
It's not what he said, it's how he said it.

Next time I'll use a smaller font, scouts honor.
Pages:
Jump to: