Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] The world's first handheld Bitcoin device, the Ellet! - page 11. (Read 45657 times)

donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
Theres nothing worse than impatient trolls.
Nah, I think people are just excited and dont want to get their hopes up if it ends up to be a fake. At least I am.

Only one person in this thread has delivered a Bitcoin Magazine so I cut them some slack if they need more time. Probably should have said "this month" rather than "this week" but thats life.
It's not what he said, it's how he said it. Stealing the thunder from a competitor whether it be another magazine or a device or whatever just shows that it seems to be all about Matthew. I hope he doesn't forget that this is a community and that no man is an island. It's fine to be competitive, but let's not forget that we stand on the shoulders of giants. So go ahead and delete my post for being off topic, or just grow up. Having said that, I wish him well.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wat
Nah, I think people are just excited and dont want to get their hopes up if it ends up to be a fake. At least I am.

Only one person in this thread has delivered a Bitcoin Magazine so I cut them some slack if they need more time. Probably should have said "this month" rather than "this week" but thats life.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
Hello!
Activity: 686
Wat
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
What is preventing you from just saying the video was done at a certain time, doing transactions at that time, then making a video of fake devices and posting that video?

Funny you say that. I was going to have our engineer set up a live web feed where people could send coins to his prototype and then he would send them back, live.

Live feed would be ideal.

Makes you wonder if either devices really exist at all.. and all of this "PR" stuff is just to get investors to create a device in the first place....Doesn’t it?

(Serious note to newbies: You might have noticed some people in this thread are claiming this is vaporware. Please refer to the Bitcoin Magazine threads where the exact same people had said that that was also vaporware (it was published, printed, shipped and delivered starting last month). Then when it was announced that it would be distributed by Barnes & Noble, the same exact people claimed it was a lie (it has been officially approved and will be picked up by Barnes & Noble). So please understand that as the creative lead on this project, I won't be wasting my time answering the baseless accusations, only the actual questions, and only when it's something that won't be in an official press release mere days later. Cheers!)
legendary
Hello!
=words=
I want to buy one, and this sounds like it will be cool, but how exactly are we going to know that the video is legit. What is preventing you from just saying the video was done at a certain time, doing transactions at that time, then making a video of fake devices and posting that video? It's not that I think you would do that, or something, but I rather know that this is legitimate when I send you 30$ for what could be a paperweight.

Funny you say that. I was going to have our engineer set up a live web feed where people could send coins to his prototype and then he would send them back, live. Since I was quite skeptical (still am about 40% skeptical as I've narrowed down which parts are bullshit and which parts are just pure awesome) of the bitcoincard at first, the very first thing that came to mind was "This video on vimeo showing a transaction is cropped, chopped and heavily edited. I bet it doesn't even send bitcoins" and that led me to think "Anyone could have a laptop right beside them sending bitcoins etc".

If anyone has any brilliant ideas on how to do this in a way that could be proven 100% without a shadow of a doubt, please let me know.
the only 100% way to be sure the device is actually sending/receiving coins would be to send me one!
Seriously though, I don't think there is any way to do this so people wont still be complaining that it is fake.\
Unless of course you want to send me one
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Live feed would be ideal. He can generate an address, show it to the camera, and then forum users can send bitcoins to it, with him showing the screen as they roll in. If everyone sends a satoshi, they won't lose much, and then he can send the balance back to an address that another user posts.

seriously it dosn't require Satoshi him self to step in and come up with that solution, yet both the ellet and the bitocincard can't supply us with a live session Tongue

Makes you wonder if either devices really exist at all.. and all of this "PR" stuff is just to get investors to create a device in the first place....Doesn’t it?

Always seems like anything with money involved is just smoke and mirrors.
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
Live feed would be ideal. He can generate an address, show it to the camera, and then forum users can send bitcoins to it, with him showing the screen as they roll in. If everyone sends a satoshi, they won't lose much, and then he can send the balance back to an address that another user posts.
=words=
I want to buy one, and this sounds like it will be cool, but how exactly are we going to know that the video is legit. What is preventing you from just saying the video was done at a certain time, doing transactions at that time, then making a video of fake devices and posting that video? It's not that I think you would do that, or something, but I rather know that this is legitimate when I send you 30$ for what could be a paperweight.

Funny you say that. I was going to have our engineer set up a live web feed where people could send coins to his prototype and then he would send them back, live. Since I was quite skeptical (still am about 40% skeptical as I've narrowed down which parts are bullshit and which parts are just pure awesome) of the bitcoincard at first, the very first thing that came to mind was "This video on vimeo showing a transaction is cropped, chopped and heavily edited. I bet it doesn't even send bitcoins" and that led me to think "Anyone could have a laptop right beside them sending bitcoins etc".

If anyone has any brilliant ideas on how to do this in a way that could be proven 100% without a shadow of a doubt, please let me know.
legendary
Hello!
=words=
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1022
I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.
Ooh ooh...Cloud Condensor!
UPDATE: The first video release will show the second generation prototype only. We are already working on a third generation but it's not yet ready to the point of being able to put it on video.

Interesting fact: I looked up our feature set of brainstorming and it turns out the next private release of IOS6 beta is planning on using one of the same features I came up with a few weeks ago. That should tell you how much we are ahead of the curve to build some faith Wink

The bad news: I can't show you the 3rd generation prototype.

The good news: The 3rd generation prototype is half the size of the 2nd.

I'll stop teasing and report when my engineer calls me today. Cheers

(Serious note to newbies: You might have noticed some people in this thread are claiming this is vaporware. Please refer to the Bitcoin Magazine threads where the exact same people had said that that was also vaporware (it was published, printed, shipped and delivered starting last month). Then when it was announced that it would be distributed by Barnes & Noble, the same exact people claimed it was a lie (it has been officially approved and will be picked up by Barnes & Noble). So please understand that as the creative lead on this project, I won't be wasting my time answering the baseless accusations, only the actual questions, and only when it's something that won't be in an official press release mere days later. Cheers!)
Activity: 560
Merit: 501
Well it's Saturday here in Korea and my American engineers were having trouble recording a video of the second generation prototype due to their laptop not showing any transactions on the blockchain (even from my client to theirs). Sorry for being so late in the week, but it's still "this week" which is still "next week" a week ago.

Hope to get it all finished today!

Cheers
Well it's Saturday here in Korea and my American engineers were having trouble recording a video of the second generation prototype due to their laptop not showing any transactions on the blockchain (even from my client to theirs). Sorry for being so late in the week, but it's still "this week" which is still "next week" a week ago.

Hope to get it all finished today!

Cheers
legendary
Hello!
Too bad this might not be real, i kind of want one
donator
Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047
I outlived my lifetime membership:)
Is this device real?

Elletsys.com won't load. Kickstarter finds nothing when searching or Ellet. Anybody know the creators?

Bump. I hope this project is real. Sounds ridiculously cool...but oddly prematurely announced to no apparent advantage to anyone but the competition... [[[[head alloc] init] scratch] harder]

Eww, is that Objective-C I just read? D:

I'd have typed it in java, but I don't have that kind of time Smiley

Seriously though. Why publish so early? To what end? I'm confused.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break
I sure hope this won't come that slow like the mag did.
Activity: 481
Merit: 502
Is this device real?

Elletsys.com won't load. Kickstarter finds nothing when searching or Ellet. Anybody know the creators?

Bump. I hope this project is real. Sounds ridiculously cool...but oddly prematurely announced to no apparent advantage to anyone but the competition... [[[[head alloc] init] scratch] harder]

Eww, is that Objective-C I just read? D:
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!
I'd say the bear minimum effective ranges start at 300meters.

No way I'm letting bears smart enough to use bitcoin within 300 meters of me out in the wild.
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
Yay! It's Next Week! Oh wait, it's now this week. So last week was this week then, but now this week will be last week next week. So which next week will be coming?
Free fish tomorrow!
Pages:
Jump to: