Pages:
Author

Topic: ANN [XC] Privacy Based Smart Chain with Automated Build System - page 11. (Read 130157 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1003
Awesome , finally opening page is being updated with new features and updates with attractive roadmap. XC is going to re-enter in market with having extra features with real use case in real world along with privacy features to ensure your privacy. XC already seeing nice appreciation on novaexchange lot of buy going on. We need big exchanges without delaying.
Activity: 264
Merit: 11
Watching and supporting as always, both XC and Blocknet.
Does it work

If it works I am very interested
Please be informed to the public.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
Slack is a good tool but this board is far more important when starting and growing a community I hope slack will be secondary to this thread.
This is the hub of crypto and a lot of new people will discover xc from here.
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
stealthcoin.com

Thanks for those answers they are very promising actually.

I think we should evaluate if it will take- a few weeks of coding to address the issues via a node/collateral system
If then after this it would be superior to using zcash or other methods of anon.

I guess it boils down to work vs rewards of improving XC current version of mixing or switching out for a new variation.

I would say with evidence of XC being worked on again it will not be hard to bring forth a community around it once again.

Just keeping this thread active will snag new members all the time and once XC really is match for some other big anons ie the mixer is fixed or we move to another variation of anon then we can start comparing on the main alt board for even more interest.

I'm not sure the current mixing approach should be developed any further as Zero Knowledge Proof's are more anonymous than on-chain mixing.  I'm thinking the best solution would be to have a 2nd "token" within XC which is a zk proof/snark type token or ring sig based

that's a very interesting idea..

something like bytes and black bytes in bb?

have you a good idea how it would work and how you would code it out already?

What time frame would you expect to publish if you were to put a road map out now for it?

also is there an updated windows qt link the one in the OP does not work?

thanks

I fixed the OP for the windows download, the osx wallet will be on the auto-build system by tuesday

I do have a very good idea on how it would work but haven't done any POC code .. maybe 4 to 6 weeks for the coding

thanks that's cool.

Well with these projects a road map if it is a serious one detailing the coming implementations and a new ANN thread with some nice looking graphics can create a lot of interest.

The thing i notice about you guys and actually david zimbeck is that you create great things but I don't think you guys market it enough before creations. Everyone else here is selling future dreams for 100's millions and you guys seem to wait and program in secret only briefly announcing things once they are coded and ready.

Investors buy dreams here but I think you and DZ can actually come good on your plans so these roadmaps can be marketed with more confidence than far larger projects.

Blocknet if it can get a good UI and be used via a website is going to be huge, even more so after people do not have to have the entire chainz on their local machines. I mean without doubt that project is going to be huge.

XC again if it has a solid role on blocknet ( i am not 100% clear what its role is with blocknet) and have top level anon and the other features you mention again with a masternode or if not masternode some other form of incentive to accumulate and hold ... a governance system for decentralised voting and funding mechanism ...then you are talking about another hugely marketable project.

Both of the projects can be huge and can be marketed right now on their road maps alone if they are realistic time frames and you have clear idea of how to code them out.

Of course I think bittrex could be persuaded to take back XC if they saw a great road map ahead. Apparently they are not charging now they just want very innovative and exciting projects.

I've updated the repo w/ the current high level "roadmap" - https://github.com/atcsecure/XC2 and the OP will be updated.  However these features will require funding and as such a self-funding system is pretty much required. 

If we went that route, we should decide now the node requirements... (1k XC, 2k XC, 5k xc?)

I think 5k per node

Yes people want projects with a funding mechanism. They know what happens to projects that have no funding. Sadly so do I now.

New OP looks good.

What level of funding should we follow? perhaps like dash 10%?

I notice it jumped from 7k to 20k just from this bit of discussion. I know trading volume is very slim on nova but actually with a solid road map like this and approx timeline given appropriate funding then just a bit of attention from the right places and XC is back in business.

I think those that can see the work being done on blocknet and I see quite a community there now will follow to this project too naturally.

5k seems like the best option. Pumped about what's to come.
Decent activity on slack again, Blocknets' success lately and the attention it gets definitely has an impact on XC.
w00t!

legendary

I think we should evaluate if it will take- a few weeks of coding to address the issues via a node/collateral system
If then after this it would be superior to using zcash or other methods of anon.

I guess it boils down to work vs rewards of improving XC current version of mixing or switching out for a new variation.

I would say with evidence of XC being worked on again it will not be hard to bring forth a community around it once again.

Just keeping this thread active will snag new members all the time and once XC really is match for some other big anons ie the mixer is fixed or we move to another variation of anon then we can start comparing on the main alt board for even more interest.

I'm not sure the current mixing approach should be developed any further as Zero Knowledge Proof's are more anonymous than on-chain mixing.  I'm thinking the best solution would be to have a 2nd "token" within XC which is a zk proof/snark type token or ring sig based

What time frame would you expect to publish if you were to put a road map out now for it?

thanks

I fixed the OP for the windows download, the osx wallet will be on the auto-build system by tuesday

I do have a very good idea on how it would work but haven't done any POC code .. maybe 4 to 6 weeks for the coding

thanks that's cool.

Well with these projects a road map if it is a serious one detailing the coming implementations and a new ANN thread with some nice looking graphics can create a lot of interest.

The thing i notice about you guys and actually david zimbeck is that you create great things but I don't think you guys market it enough before creations. Everyone else here is selling future dreams for 100's millions and you guys seem to wait and program in secret only briefly announcing things once they are coded and ready.

Investors buy dreams here but I think you and DZ can actually come good on your plans so these roadmaps can be marketed with more confidence than far larger projects.

Blocknet if it can get a good UI and be used via a website is going to be huge, even more so after people do not have to have the entire chainz on their local machines. I mean without doubt that project is going to be huge.

XC again if it has a solid role on blocknet ( i am not 100% clear what its role is with blocknet) and have top level anon and the other features you mention again with a masternode or if not masternode some other form of incentive to accumulate and hold ... a governance system for decentralised voting and funding mechanism ...then you are talking about another hugely marketable project.

Both of the projects can be huge and can be marketed right now on their road maps alone if they are realistic time frames and you have clear idea of how to code them out.

Of course I think bittrex could be persuaded to take back XC if they saw a great road map ahead. Apparently they are not charging now they just want very innovative and exciting projects.

I've updated the repo w/ the current high level "roadmap" - https://github.com/atcsecure/XC2 and the OP will be updated.  However these features will require funding and as such a self-funding system is pretty much required. 

If we went that route, we should decide now the node requirements... (1k XC, 2k XC, 5k xc?)

I think 5k per node

Yes people want projects with a funding mechanism. They know what happens to projects that have no funding. Sadly so do I now.

New OP looks good.

What level of funding should we follow? perhaps like dash 10%?

I notice it jumped from 7k to 20k just from this bit of discussion. I know trading volume is very slim on nova but actually with a solid road map like this and approx timeline given appropriate funding then just a bit of attention from the right places and XC is back in business.

I think those that can see the work being done on blocknet and I see quite a community there now will follow to this project too naturally.
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
Maybe the route and XC amount for a node can be put to a vote ?

It would be great with a donation adress in BTC and XC in the OP also Smiley
Activity: 756
Merit: 500

thanks

thanks that's cool.

legendary

thanks

thanks that's cool.

thanks

legendary

thanks

I'm not sure the current mixing approach should be developed any further as Zero Knowledge Proof's are more anonymous than on-chain mixing.  I'm thinking the best solution would be to have a 2nd "token" within XC which is a zk proof/snark type token or ring sig based

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1003
XC looking more promising after recent release and this is good sign main dev is back to the thread. Anon market is so huge at the moment there is craze for cryptocurrencies around the whole world. Big investors are moving their reserves into this kind of project so that I think XC will get succeed to back it on the track with unique anon features.
legendary
XC is missing out on a alt coin bullrun like nothing we have ever seen before.

By dragging feet here you are missing out on millions in return.

Get some decent developers cracking on this and get it in a position to rival other GOOD anon coins.

Let's also think about getting it on an exchange with some volume.

I am still totally amazed they allowed  it getting delisted from bittrex.

I am shocked how this bull run has not inspired all hands on deck for XC and block these should be having teams working on them by now, be on better exchanges and be the discussion of BCT.

I think a rebrand for XC could be useful too.

I would like to see a technical comparison chart of this compared to dash, and other well known anon coins.

All I can do is provided the tech, everything else like the exchange listings and what not are outside of my hands/control.

Not much has been done w/ the XC Mixer since it was developed, it needs an update to prevent DDOS but XC's mixer is more advanced than dash as it uses multi-nodes to mix instead of 1.  As such, the transaction can become huge, so XC forked back in august to support large mixed blocks but no additional work has been done on mixing since

Ok thanks for coming to the thread.

What does this mean though?
Does the mixer need work to become effective and free from DDOS attacks?

- a few weeks of coding to address the issues via a node/collateral system

Where in your opinion does XC stand in the anon ranks. I mean how could it fair against other leading mixing based and different solutions to anon projects like zcash zcoin xmr and dash.

blows dash out of the water since dash can be easily broken, the original XC thread has a visual map showing just how "mixed" the anon is.. basically dash is a 2 person coinjoin, while XC is a 3+ person coinjoin

Is anon not the main funiton of xc now and is it now shifting focus to other features?

its not a main function, and it hasn't been a priority either since the initial development

I guess I'm saying does the mixer need work to be worth of promoting it as a competition to these other projects and if not is there in the future plans to upgrade the mixer or move to another anon solution?

I'm open to discussion on this topic

I would help promote this coin if i was sure this is something that is going to be taken seriously and kept alive on this board so we can build a community around it again.

It is going to be taken very seriously and kept alive.. I'm actively looking to rebuild the community and showcase some of this tech and keep developing new tech.

I know block has to be the main focus and I am all for focusing on that until it is up there with the MC projects it deserves to be. I can not wait for a dex like blocknet.

Both projects are my main focus currently

However I hope after that XC will be getting a revamp too?

Yes the xc wallet will be updated to be inline w/ the latest btc code for the DX

Get some decent developers cracking on this and get it in a position to rival other GOOD anon coins.

I am shocked how this bull run has not inspired all hands on deck for XC and block these should be having teams working on them by now, be on better exchanges and be the discussion of BCT.

I would like to see a technical comparison chart of this compared to dash, and other well known anon coins.

All I can do is provided the tech, everything else like the exchange listings and what not are outside of my hands/control.

Not much has been done w/ the XC Mixer since it was developed, it needs an update to prevent DDOS but XC's mixer is more advanced than dash as it uses multi-nodes to mix instead of 1.  As such, the transaction can become huge, so XC forked back in august to support large mixed blocks but no additional work has been done on mixing since

- a few weeks of coding to address the issues via a node/collateral system

Where in your opinion does XC stand in the anon ranks. I mean how could it fair against other leading mixing based and different solutions to anon projects like zcash zcoin xmr and dash.

blows dash out of the water since dash can be easily broken, the original XC thread has a visual map showing just how "mixed" the anon is.. basically dash is a 2 person coinjoin, while XC is a 3+ person coinjoin

Is anon not the main funiton of xc now and is it now shifting focus to other features?

its not a main function, and it hasn't been a priority either since the initial development

I guess I'm saying does the mixer need work to be worth of promoting it as a competition to these other projects and if not is there in the future plans to upgrade the mixer or move to another anon solution?

I'm open to discussion on this topic

I would help promote this coin if i was sure this is something that is going to be taken seriously and kept alive on this board so we can build a community around it again.

It is going to be taken very seriously and kept alive.. I'm actively looking to rebuild the community and showcase some of this tech and keep developing new tech.

I know block has to be the main focus and I am all for focusing on that until it is up there with the MC projects it deserves to be. I can not wait for a dex like blocknet.

Both projects are my main focus currently

Yes the xc wallet will be updated to be inline w/ the latest btc code for the DX
legendary

XC's latest wallet is now available @ https:/builds.xcurrency.co/XcXBridge/XCBuild/1425/

This wallet now features the ability to send dynamic forms (which are defined via an external json template).  I'm uploading a sample.json form template to the repo now.

You can also send PDF's right on-chain as well w/ this wallet and the next release will include a verifiable "signature system" for signing PDF's.

This is nice update XC has some great features so this is great which none has in the market. When new OP will take place with latest update and I think this will lead the market very soon.

OP update will be this weekend.. in order for xc to get back on the exchanges, we need involvement and activity, twitter/fb/etc

I'd like to maybe see what idea's/forms/templates we can dev up, maybe setup up a repo just for that
Activity: 1008
Merit: 253
XC's latest wallet is now available @ https:/builds.xcurrency.co/XcXBridge/XCBuild/1425/

This wallet now features the ability to send dynamic forms (which are defined via an external json template).  I'm uploading a sample.json form template to the repo now.

You can also send PDF's right on-chain as well w/ this wallet and the next release will include a verifiable "signature system" for signing PDF's.

This is nice update XC has some great features so this is great which none has in the market. When new OP will take place with latest update and I think this will lead the market very soon.

Not much has been done w/ the XC Mixer since it was developed, it needs an update to prevent DDOS but XC's mixer is more advanced than dash as it uses multi-nodes to mix instead of 1.  As such, the transaction can become huge, so XC forked back in august to support large mixed blocks but no additional work has been done on mixing since

Pages:
Jump to: