Author

Topic: [ANN] Zcoin (XZC) - Implementing ZKP privacy without trusted setup - page 191. (Read 663229 times)

Activity: 1216
Merit: 333
It is a historic day.

Zcoin is no longer on the front page of the marketcap! Take pictures! Cheesy

It will not last long!

It is happiness. The value of Zcoin is very stable, but the Zcoin recedes because the whole market of crypto money increases.

This means that there is even more potential for rising prices today, than there were yesterday! Kiss Kiss

Cheers!
Activity: 1004
Merit: 268
Firo (FIRO)
It's interesting to see this notice and I will try to test this wallet . I have just bought some coins in the bittrex exchange
Should I transfer all my coins from the bittrex to my wallet for holding as cold wallet?

Always a good idea to store it off an exchange.

If you're just a casual holder and have an Android phone you can also use Coinomi which also has Zcoin support then you don't have to worry about syncing but you won't have the features of Zerocoin minting and spending.
It has recovery seed support.
Activity: 255
Merit: 250
Pre-release is out

https://github.com/zcoinofficial/zcoin/releases/tag/v0.8.7.8

Sync fixes with ported code from Bitcoin Core 0.13
Added precomputed accumulator for improved loading speed.
Compilation fixes on libzerocoin library

SHA256 Checksums:

zcoin-qt-v0.8.7.8-windows.zip
6040DBFE1100A7055D4509DF1AECF8A1C47064A641AAFC59FE1A346B0CC3ADBF

zcoin-qt-v0.8.7.8-osx.dmg
7BEC88B2BE8D403D7C2C779A45796382E9DF5D71BC0F4676CE780D39DA000A44

zcoin-qt-v0.8.7.8-linux64.tar.gz
1383114F3B23445FBBDFC8FAF64D7DC4BBF3479386510CAF672C0FCEAA4E3B8B

We recommend starting with a new installation altogether without any wallet.dat though if you wish you can download the chain data from http://znode.io/ that will speed it up a little bit. First sync still take a while but it shouldn't get stuck anymore. Make sure to backup your old wallet.dat just in case.

If you have an old wallet with existing funds and wish to port it over, you can export your private key from your old wallet addresses by going to Help > Debug Window > Console and typing the following:
If wallet is encrypted type the following into the console. Sometimes it can take a while for console to respond if it's currently syncing.

walletpassphrase passphrase 120
dumpprivkey address

Once your new wallet is synced u can import the private keys into it by:

importprivkey address

Tested on Linux and Windows but not yet on Mac. Do give feedback. We're actively testing it in Slack in #developers

It's interesting to see this notice and I will try to test this wallet . I have just bought some coins in the bittrex exchange
Should I transfer all my coins from the bittrex to my wallet for holding as cold wallet?
Firo (FIRO)
Pre-release is out

https://github.com/zcoinofficial/zcoin/releases/tag/v0.8.7.8

Sync fixes with ported code from Bitcoin Core 0.13
Added precomputed accumulator for improved loading speed.
Compilation fixes on libzerocoin library

SHA256 Checksums:

zcoin-qt-v0.8.7.8-windows.zip
6040DBFE1100A7055D4509DF1AECF8A1C47064A641AAFC59FE1A346B0CC3ADBF

zcoin-qt-v0.8.7.8-osx.dmg
7BEC88B2BE8D403D7C2C779A45796382E9DF5D71BC0F4676CE780D39DA000A44

zcoin-qt-v0.8.7.8-linux64.tar.gz
1383114F3B23445FBBDFC8FAF64D7DC4BBF3479386510CAF672C0FCEAA4E3B8B

We recommend starting with a new installation altogether without any wallet.dat though if you wish you can download the chain data from http://znode.io/ that will speed it up a little bit. First sync still take a while but it shouldn't get stuck anymore. Make sure to backup your old wallet.dat just in case.

If you have an old wallet with existing funds and wish to port it over, you can export your private key from your old wallet addresses by going to Help > Debug Window > Console and typing the following:
If wallet is encrypted type the following into the console. Sometimes it can take a while for console to respond if it's currently syncing.

dumpprivkey address

Once your new wallet is synced u can import the private keys into it by:

importprivkey address

Tested on Linux and Windows but not yet on Mac. Do give feedback. We're actively testing it in Slack in #developers
Firo (FIRO)
For those of you who are having your nodes stuck. The new code seems to fix it and we have pushed it on master branch. We've tested it on fresh new wallets and they all synced perfectly.

We'll be releasing binaries for it as soon as we can. Due to the updated code, we need to redo the way the Windows binaries are created.

If you're on Linux, you can already build the daemon or qt from here:
https://github.com/zcoinofficial/zcoin

Instructions here:
https://github.com/zcoinofficial/zcoin/wiki/Installation

Activity: 401
Merit: 257
Will be nice to finally kick the AWS out of this.

Yes. This fact made Zcoin down for a while so MTP will be a good solution to kill this shit AWS then Zcoin will become a good coin in the near future.
The price is so good to buy and hold it for long-term period. I believe that many good actions will be released at the end of month or next month.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024
Will be nice to finally kick the AWS out of this.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Vincit qui se vincit.
Wow all I can say to this coin. I filled my bags now standing in line to board to the Saturnus V with y'all sit tight its gonna be a wild ride.
First step: MTP ... (complicated, long and unique)

Then: (all is in progress)

- Indexation on large exchanges (Japan / Indonesia)
- Development of technology on Ethereum
- Setting of masternodes (Znode)
- Improvement of the Wallet: synchronization, speed and user-friendliness

When you want to create a unique product, it takes longer than creating a clone. Cheesy

And this is still only the beginning ..

Again only patients will be rewarded! Weak hands can only weep and cry again!
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
For those who want to listen to what MTP is about, listen to Aaron's interview of Reuben

it's very interesting . I have just seen this video clip about MTP explanation.
I think I will not hesitate to own more zcoins at this time. This technology is better than I thought.
Thanks for your sharing this video clip.
MTp will make second life to XZC. Bur when will be release of it? Somebody can tell? i am waiting a lot and holding big amount of xzc.
Activity: 160
Merit: 100
I'll have to research more about this
Activity: 160
Merit: 100
XZC after ironed out it's true potential will be around 0.1 btc or even  more , as its a better version of ZCash.

I just hope the team spends more in marketing efforts and spread the word.

I've filled my bags going to sit and wait now
Activity: 490
Merit: 262
The World’s First Blockchain Core
For those who want to listen to what MTP is about, listen to Aaron's interview of Reuben

it's very interesting . I have just seen this video clip about MTP explanation.
I think I will not hesitate to own more zcoins at this time. This technology is better than I thought.
Thanks for your sharing this video clip.
Firo (FIRO)
Having a lot of problems syncing chain. stuck on 21 weeks behind and getting a message

Any tips? any checkpoint?

Hey statdude, hang in there. Some sync fixes will be pushed pretty soon. You can follow it in the #developers channel in the Slack.

We basically narrowed down the problem to the old Bitcoin core that we started with and Leoreinaux and Aizensou have managed to port a lot of Bitcoin Core 0.13 over to optimize this and handle disconnections, orphans and sockets better.

I think it's just about coming up with a reliable Windows build right now.

Speed wise, multithreaded syncing should reduce sync times a lot and that will come soon.

Also a quick update on MTP. Poramin is in the final stages of integration while Aizensou is tweaking the last part of difficulty then MTP can be released. Miners might be slightly delayed as djm34 can only work when there's a full working code out but there will still be a testnet period and a miner competition so that we can get efficient miners out.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Having a lot of problems syncing chain. stuck on 21 weeks behind and getting a message

Any tips? any checkpoint?
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Great news. jumping all over this coin. i remember reading about it in 2012-2013. it's time.
Firo (FIRO)
We are pleased to welcome Tadhg Riordan to the team as a Solidity developer to work on integration of Zerocoin technology on Ethereum. Tadhg has previously worked on a system of confidential transactions using zkSNARKs which was built into a smart contract and made use of the precompiled contracts which are to be added to the Metropolis update. He hopes to achieve the same with Zerocoin technology as detailed in our previous post. We are confident this will brings greater awareness of Zerocoin tech and its potential uses and its continued relevance and advantages in providing privacy and also eventually allow greater cooperation and collaboration between the Ethereum and Zcoin community.

Tadhg Riordan is a 24 year old Software Developer from Wexford, Ireland. He recently completed my MSc from Trinity College Dublin, where he worked with Blockchain privacy mechanisms, focusing particularly on Zero-Knowledge Proofs and the Ethereum platform. He is a strong advocate for the adoption of crypto-currency and for complete financial privacy.

https://zcoin.io/tadhg-riordan-joins-the-zcoin-team-as-solidity-developer-for-ethereum-mixer/
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Hi

I downloaded the latest wallet release and needed to re-sync the wallet.  Seems to be stuck at 670 block height, anyone else experiencing this, and how did you resolve it?

I have deleted the appadata\Roaming\Zcoin folder multiple times to try and get beyond block 670

Running windows 10 pro 64-bit with release v0.2.0 qt wallet for windows

I did the same. Also I run zcoin multiple times with -reindex option without luck.

I zcoin-qt on three different computer (two windows, one linux).

Do you have idea how to solve this issue?

Can I create a ban list for some peers?

thanks
Very good work guys!

Video really very interesting.

The implementation of MTP was to be the first step before posing other major developments!

Continue like that!
Firo (FIRO)

Jump to: