Author

Topic: [ANN] Zcoin (XZC) - Implementing ZKP privacy without trusted setup - page 193. (Read 663229 times)

Activity: 160
Merit: 100
Seems a question of time , until the price rockets,  seems a good buying opportunity now
Activity: 401
Merit: 257

Some very promising updates have been pushed for the sync fixes. They mainly come from the 0.13 core code and this has been contributed by Leoreinaux. A lot of the sync problems were cause of the older Bitcoin core and how it handled orphans and sockets.

For MTP there's also good progress yesterday. After discussion with djm34 and tromp, we found a way to resolve the two remaining obstacles we had which was mining difficulty and the low hashrate we were achieving with our reference implementation so the path to completing it is clear now.

Financial privacy is our main aim where we want to achieve it while striking a balance between high anonymity, usability, scalability with strong and proven cryptography while keeping supply auditable. However the Zerocoin tech also has other applications such as use in voting systems or blind auction systems so we potentially can use it to build a platform for such things.

Our mining algorithm also is pretty groundbreaking by allowing a memory hard asic resistant algorithm that can be verified quickly.

From the investor standpoint, Znodes will offer participants a way to earn XZC by contributing back to the network through their computing resources while earning a portion of the block reward.

It's very interesting to see this notice. I think we are closer to the MTP algo. Devs are trying to work hard to complete it and I believe it will be released soon . Patience is a key of success. Don't miss this chance .
Activity: 1004
Merit: 268
Firo (FIRO)
Hey anyone has a fresh blockchain snapshot or a bootstrap file for XZC? The wallet takes forever to sync from the scratch, for some reason it freezes every several seconds Undecided.
Thanks.

znode.io will provide an updated blockchain snapshop though it still takes about a day to verify but at least u won't get stuck. The fix for this is underway and good progress is being done.
legendary
Activity: 1208
Merit: 1003
Hey anyone has a fresh blockchain snapshot or a bootstrap file for XZC? The wallet takes forever to sync from the scratch, for some reason it freezes every several seconds Undecided.
Thanks.
Firo (FIRO)
As for daily interaction, I'll be happy to answer constructive questions. As a policy we won't comment on price speculations or FUD or concern trolls.

For our MTP development and sync fixes this has been done on a weekly basis and our Slack is very much the place for the latest updates. Note that MTP is really being built from scratch and even a well funded project such as Zcash took many months to code Equihash.

For MTP, there's not always something new to talk about daily and we have been spammed by requests for updates. A single task doesn't take one day to complete especially with a task as big as this one. We have been giving weekly updates and in fact on a more regular basis in Slack but we will not post exact time-frames as that's not how software development works but we aren't too far off. We don't want to create unnecessary hype or give people too exact a timeframe. After all, it's all a long term game for the dev team and MTP is one of the foundational blocks of Zcoin. Other developments in the pipeline are much easier to develop given there are existing codebases to work off.

MTP is decidedly ambitious and one of the reasons we haven't been pushing updates to github just yet is we don't want a rival project to take our code and leapfrog us after all the work we've done. Once we have something ready, then all the updates will be pushed but a lot of work has been done and we are near the finish line.

hi thank you for the respond, btw can you update in this forum too, since i believe that forum more easy for member to navigate, or to resume his previous reading page, and i also belive there are more member who get update about zcoin here than in slack

Some very promising updates have been pushed for the sync fixes. They mainly come from the 0.13 core code and this has been contributed by Leoreinaux. A lot of the sync problems were cause of the older Bitcoin core and how it handled orphans and sockets.

For MTP there's also good progress yesterday. After discussion with djm34 and tromp, we found a way to resolve the two remaining obstacles we had which was mining difficulty and the low hashrate we were achieving with our reference implementation so the path to completing it is clear now.

Is it just me or the wallet takes hours to load? I remember when the project started it was the same, maybe syncing improved a bit but when loading wallet it takes forever to open.

the first load is slow but subsequent loads takes seconds for me. Should be improved soon with our sync improvements.

in a nutshell...where does this project want to get to? what's the achievement ambition?

Financial privacy is our main aim where we want to achieve it while striking a balance between high anonymity, usability, scalability with strong and proven cryptography while keeping supply auditable. However the Zerocoin tech also has other applications such as use in voting systems or blind auction systems so we potentially can use it to build a platform for such things.

Our mining algorithm also is pretty groundbreaking by allowing a memory hard asic resistant algorithm that can be verified quickly.

From the investor standpoint, Znodes will offer participants a way to earn XZC by contributing back to the network through their computing resources while earning a portion of the block reward.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002
Is it just me or the wallet takes hours to load? I remember when the project started it was the same, maybe syncing improved a bit but when loading wallet it takes forever to open.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
in a nutshell...where does this project want to get to? what's the achievement ambition?
Activity: 233
As for daily interaction, I'll be happy to answer constructive questions. As a policy we won't comment on price speculations or FUD or concern trolls.

For our MTP development and sync fixes this has been done on a weekly basis and our Slack is very much the place for the latest updates. Note that MTP is really being built from scratch and even a well funded project such as Zcash took many months to code Equihash.

For MTP, there's not always something new to talk about daily and we have been spammed by requests for updates. A single task doesn't take one day to complete especially with a task as big as this one. We have been giving weekly updates and in fact on a more regular basis in Slack but we will not post exact time-frames as that's not how software development works but we aren't too far off. We don't want to create unnecessary hype or give people too exact a timeframe. After all, it's all a long term game for the dev team and MTP is one of the foundational blocks of Zcoin. Other developments in the pipeline are much easier to develop given there are existing codebases to work off.

MTP is decidedly ambitious and one of the reasons we haven't been pushing updates to github just yet is we don't want a rival project to take our code and leapfrog us after all the work we've done. Once we have something ready, then all the updates will be pushed but a lot of work has been done and we are near the finish line.

hi thank you for the respond, btw can you update in this forum too, since i believe that forum more easy for member to navigate, or to resume his previous reading page, and i also belive there are more member who get update about zcoin here than in slack
Activity: 742
Merit: 257
And we go again.

Nice, hope, you will have success. XZC is interesting project and MTP will bring new life to it. I think we need just to wait a little. And what about Z-nodes?
Activity: 242
Yesterday install new UBUNTU 17.04.
The XZC wallet work fine.
XZC to da moon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srN1GsnBui8
Firo (FIRO)

Activity: 490
Merit: 262
The World’s First Blockchain Core
Any news of the MTP?

Currently the refactoring of the code is more or less complete but we are working on the difficulty retarget.

Once that is done, then MTP can be finalized. Aizensou is back at work after a few weeks off and also meeting up with Poramin in Thailand to discuss.

Syncing which used to take days can be done in a few hours now and is a lot more reliable but we are still finalizing testing. You can follow this in our sync fix tree. https://github.com/zcoinofficial/zcoin/tree/sync-fix-0.8.7.7. We expect this to be even better once our Bitcoin core is upgraded.

In other news Riordant has started work on the Ethereum Zerocoin mixer.

You'll see that our cryptographer Tim has contributed to certain libzerocoin fixes and improvements which are ongoing (you can see this in our master push). https://github.com/zcoinofficial/zcoin/commit/a1d02ff2caf51b0b7d0255570a2e8e0b965326cf

We'll have some additional members joining our team soon as well which we will announce in due course.

I still believe this project and I'm ready to wait for MTP released soon . To finish a new algo some Devs are trying to solve many issues for this algo.
It will need more time to do this fact. In my view, This MTP will be released in next month. Please keep patient and buy more cheap coins before it's rising higher after then.
Firo (FIRO)
Any news of the MTP?

Currently the refactoring of the code is more or less complete but we are working on the difficulty retarget.

Once that is done, then MTP can be finalized. Aizensou is back at work after a few weeks off and also meeting up with Poramin in Thailand to discuss.

Syncing which used to take days can be done in a few hours now and is a lot more reliable but we are still finalizing testing. You can follow this in our sync fix tree. https://github.com/zcoinofficial/zcoin/tree/sync-fix-0.8.7.7. We expect this to be even better once our Bitcoin core is upgraded.

In other news Riordant has started work on the Ethereum Zerocoin mixer.

You'll see that our cryptographer Tim has contributed to certain libzerocoin fixes and improvements which are ongoing (you can see this in our master push). https://github.com/zcoinofficial/zcoin/commit/a1d02ff2caf51b0b7d0255570a2e8e0b965326cf

We'll have some additional members joining our team soon as well which we will announce in due course.
Firo (FIRO)
zcoin wallet! What does the "mint" button do? Belived it to be a minerfunction.

I pressed it (don't do that.. i guess.) and 1.01 zcoin was removed from the wallet with no explanation. That was like 85 % of my savings on that account.

Thomas.

PS: 90 seconds pause between searches here. Should i go and pet my goldfish while waiting?

PSS: Ha, I just opened the wallet and 1.0 zcoin was returned after initial startup. Love u guys :-) Gotta be the Stockholm syndrome..

Actually the naming is a bit confusing as most people think "Mint" means like a Proof of Stake mint. Although we are using the correct terminology where we are 'Minting' a Zerocoin and then "Spending" it to become a normal coin again with transaction history wiped. This is what is used in the Zerocoin paper.

But for users, this is confusing and we may change the wording to "Anonymize" and "Redeem".

Minting means you burn up XZC and keep it in the 'Zerocoin laundry". The spend means you redeem the Zerocoin and turn it into a XZC again with totally wiped transaction history. This is how the anonymity function works.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 514
Any news of the MTP?
Activity: 882
Merit: 277
If i had a dollar for every "had i known"
At this rate, this coin will morph from a honda to a hyundai. I should have went with my gut feeling and dumped with that last pump. I got caught in the hype surrounding the technology, when i should be counting my money.
Activity: 1478
Merit: 264
Ok. Now i have one coin in my wallet. And when i press "spend" button i tells me that i need 2 coins to spend.

That's almost like my bank. Loving it  Wink

Thomas. Getting rich on this! (One coin is $4.70 at the moment).
Activity: 1478
Merit: 264
zcoin wallet! What does the "mint" button do? Belived it to be a minerfunction.

I pressed it (don't do that.. i guess.) and 1.01 zcoin was removed from the wallet with no explanation. That was like 85 % of my savings on that account.

Thomas.

PS: 90 seconds pause between searches here. Should i go and pet my goldfish while waiting?

PSS: Ha, I just opened the wallet and 1.0 zcoin was returned after initial startup. Love u guys :-) Gotta be the Stockholm syndrome..
Activity: 1216
Merit: 333
Serious...

What I expect from the developer is that it works!

Cryptos projects do not have the same governance. And according to governance, the relationship with the community is a little different ..

At Zcoin, there are two people permanently on the slack to discuss and answer questions. Then "Poramin" may not be comfortable in the role of community manager. Everyone has a different personality! The most important is the work he does to make Zcoin unique!

Then the Zcoin project is very ambitious, and it's not a simple copy of a crypto, and everything is innovation! So inevitably it is a lot, a lot of work, and there may be delay in the time since everything is to be created ..

I have no concerns for the price. When a project is as good and solid, people will appreciate the quality and everyone will want the Zcoin for the best anonymity and to have remunerations of masternodes (Znode).

It's a project made to last for years with a huge roadmap!

So the small price variations while Zcoin exites for only 7 months is a discussion that will not interest anyone in 1 year!
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
Ive been pro XZC for so long, but then again in this bull crypto market you cant just wait for that one special coin.... the gains are made elsewhere right now...

I have been in and out of xzc a couple times now... im getting in again as we move towards mtp... But really the dev team should try to get some marketing going, and fight their way into Poloniex and Coinbase if any hodlers of Zcoin want to see some ROI this year...

You cant blame people for investing elsewhere if the Zcoin youtube channel hasnt produced a single activity for months in a row.... Marketing is also part of the equation, not just the development.... Zcoin really sucks at this and it speaks of their all round competence, or rather lack thereof...

Meanwhile Zcash is more than $200 per coin...SMH.... you cant deny thats a loss for Zcoin... its like you have an amazing football team that gets no exposure, nobody knows they exist... so no money for the team to invest in a better training complex, gear etc.. and therefor the Team still plays third division on saturday afternoon... And you believe they will suddenly rise up and win the champions league after August...? you are dreaming....

Great news came and passed on both the MTP and the Ethereum integration... Still no marketing, barely any info coming from devs... its bad play honestly... still i believe in the tech superiority and thus for a better future.

Zcoin devs wake up a little and start announcing what you are developing... it will be better for all that support you! Good Luck!

a well comment sir Smiley it's like what i want to said too, so i will just quote, so it can be read by more people

anyway for me i think wont get more coin for now, though i dont have any intention to sell my coin, will wait hope it's turn 0.1 btc in the future

seriously dev should hear community more often than now, i also believe MTP are a great feature for cryptocurrency, but in time developer focus all it's resource to build MTP , many little aspect are crumbling and thats why zcoin get low price from day to day
I agree with you guys.
Dev should interact with the community in a daily basis, if MTP did not go on public test in June i think this coin will go down under 0.0004 BTC.
Jump to: