Author

Topic: [ANN] Zcoin (XZC) - Implementing ZKP privacy without trusted setup - page 192. (Read 663229 times)

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
To weird to live To rare to die
I did go back and read it. I don't know how I missed that or just forgot about it, I'll give my self credit and say it was due to Christmas
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002
looking at xzc for some time now. started buying some days ago. When I first started looking at this coin there where a lot of disagreement between devs. that seems to be sorted out? How has this played out? Sorry this have obviously been answered but hard to find it back in all the pages.
Also at that time I read thing about huge amounts of coins where in the hands of few people. those two things scared me off back then but was obviously not the right call since it went up like 30 times from there.. does anyone recall what I read about the whales having such a large portion of xzc? tried to find it back but coudnt find it anymore.. was this just fud or was there some truth in it?

I must say I got excited about the new algo think xzc is on the right track

Welcome back!

That co-founder has left the project and has no longer any relations but he didn't do any dev work. He still has confusingly retained his old website and Twitter and Slack but has not actively posted on it for months. We consider the matter resolved.

The big wallets are a lot of the exchanges and our explorer rich list gives a good idea of the spread though I think some of the exchange wallets are not all labelled there as I see one of the big ones there definitely being a Bittrex one. The big whales that we know of that bought up a lot have made a lot of efforts in selling their Zcoin OTC and it's spread out a lot now.

Why did the co-founder  leave the project?

You can go back and check the whole drama on the thread but long story short he didn't code shit and was mainly in charge of graphics and wanted to get paid more. Something like that.
Activity: 1004
Merit: 268
Firo (FIRO)

Many reasons but this happened in December 2016 and basically has no more effect on us. Rather not dwell on the past and move forward but basically he has no more input and is no longer part of the project in anyway.

You can read the original announcements in December in the original post.
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
Coinomi mobile wallet adds Zcoin (XZC) Support

Coinomi a free, secure open source wallet has added Zcoin (XZC) support. Coinomi is an excellent way to hold your Zcoins given that it uses recovery seeds and you are in control of your own private keys. It is also a light wallet meaning you don't have to wait for any syncing and is an easy way to get started with Zcoin.

Coinomi is currently only available for Android for the moment but an IOS option and a desktop wallet is coming soon.

wow. it's so interesting . Now I can use this wallet online for my coins and I don't need to set up a private wallet for schronizing . it takes so long to run the zcoin wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
To weird to live To rare to die
looking at xzc for some time now. started buying some days ago. When I first started looking at this coin there where a lot of disagreement between devs. that seems to be sorted out? How has this played out? Sorry this have obviously been answered but hard to find it back in all the pages.
Also at that time I read thing about huge amounts of coins where in the hands of few people. those two things scared me off back then but was obviously not the right call since it went up like 30 times from there.. does anyone recall what I read about the whales having such a large portion of xzc? tried to find it back but coudnt find it anymore.. was this just fud or was there some truth in it?

Welcome back!

That co-founder has left the project and has no longer any relations but he didn't do any dev work. He still has confusingly retained his old website and Twitter and Slack but has not actively posted on it for months. We consider the matter resolved.

The big wallets are a lot of the exchanges and our explorer rich list gives a good idea of the spread though I think some of the exchange wallets are not all labelled there as I see one of the big ones there definitely being a Bittrex one. The big whales that we know of that bought up a lot have made a lot of efforts in selling their Zcoin OTC and it's spread out a lot now.

Firo (FIRO)
Coinomi mobile wallet adds Zcoin (XZC) Support

Coinomi a free, secure open source wallet has added Zcoin (XZC) support. Coinomi is an excellent way to hold your Zcoins given that it uses recovery seeds and you are in control of your own private keys. It is also a light wallet meaning you don't have to wait for any syncing and is an easy way to get started with Zcoin.

Coinomi is currently only available for Android for the moment but an IOS option and a desktop wallet is coming soon.

You can grab it from the Android Playstore or directly from their website.

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
i will waiting for zcoin up again
wait wait and wait what will be the next we are wonder at this..
Activity: 1216
Merit: 333
It is simple to understand what will happen .. Wink

People will wake up one morning, and wonder why the value of a Zcoin increases every day ...

While some will buy at a time when nobody understood the technological richness and potential of Zcoin ..

It's life! There are those who regret not having bought DASH or Zcash cheap and who cry every day .. Cry Cry Cry

And those who seek, find, and invest in cryptos that have a great future! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Activity: 294
Merit: 123
The World’s First Blockchain Core

Yes, you are right . I have been in this project for long-term period and I still buy it everytime it's deeply down .
I really believe in this zcoin and it must become a hottest coin in next months. Once Investors recognize this value of zcoin then they will feel regretful due to selling this coin or not buying it.

Yeah I see some room for growth. Zcoin wil have enough strengt on his own to grow bc of development and choises that have been made.

I also think that the succes of zcash will pull zcoin up.

Do not hesitate your buying decision. it's worth investing to zcoin and we can see good prospect in the future .
Zcoin is growing up everyday and we should not miss this chance for long-term period.

Buying at 0.002 BTC was a bargain for me. This coin is extremely overlooked and underrated, once MTP comes out the sky is the limit.

I don't know if this zcoin is good or bad but I have bought 200 zcoins for one month and I will keep zcoins for long-term period (about 6 months)
and I will take at least 500% profits after then. just wait and see what happens next months.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

Yes, you are right . I have been in this project for long-term period and I still buy it everytime it's deeply down .
I really believe in this zcoin and it must become a hottest coin in next months. Once Investors recognize this value of zcoin then they will feel regretful due to selling this coin or not buying it.

Yeah I see some room for growth. Zcoin wil have enough strengt on his own to grow bc of development and choises that have been made.

Do not hesitate your buying decision. it's worth investing to zcoin and we can see good prospect in the future .
Zcoin is growing up everyday and we should not miss this chance for long-term period.

Buying at 0.002 BTC was a bargain for me. This coin is extremely overlooked and underrated, once MTP comes out the sky is the limit.
Activity: 255
Merit: 250

Activity: 453
Merit: 261
Look Morty magic internet money

Welcome back!

Thank you for replying to my post. just placed some more buy orders in the last days forgot to check on my question though Roll Eyes but that is says something about the confidence I allready had appearently.

Glad the matter is resolved to bad it had to go this way but its a good thing things have moved forward now. About the wales every coin has them and there needed to some lvl to pump the coin to created some fomo at some point but to much isnt good either ofcourse. Will try to follow this tread more closely. Goodluck !!
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
I am watching this coin from now.
Activity: 154
I know something good is happening Cool Cool Cool
Activity: 1478
Merit: 264
zcoin wallet! What does the "mint" button do? Belived it to be a minerfunction.

I pressed it (don't do that.. i guess.) and 1.01 zcoin was removed from the wallet with no explanation. That was like 85 % of my savings on that account.

Thomas.

PS: 90 seconds pause between searches here. Should i go and pet my goldfish while waiting?

PSS: Ha, I just opened the wallet and 1.0 zcoin was returned after initial startup. Love u guys :-) Gotta be the Stockholm syndrome..

Actually the naming is a bit confusing as most people think "Mint" means like a Proof of Stake mint. Although we are using the correct terminology where we are 'Minting' a Zerocoin and then "Spending" it to become a normal coin again with transaction history wiped. This is what is used in the Zerocoin paper.

But for users, this is confusing and we may change the wording to "Anonymize" and "Redeem".

Minting means you burn up XZC and keep it in the 'Zerocoin laundry". The spend means you redeem the Zerocoin and turn it into a XZC again with totally wiped transaction history. This is how the anonymity function works.

Thank you. The coin is going (My alltime high checking it):
 $7.52 (28.44%)
0.00328070 BTC (25.40%)

Expensive money..
Activity: 490
Merit: 262
The World’s First Blockchain Core

Firo (FIRO)

Welcome back!

Activity: 128

Some very promising updates have been pushed for the sync fixes. They mainly come from the 0.13 core code and this has been contributed by Leoreinaux. A lot of the sync problems were cause of the older Bitcoin core and how it handled orphans and sockets.

For MTP there's also good progress yesterday. After discussion with djm34 and tromp, we found a way to resolve the two remaining obstacles we had which was mining difficulty and the low hashrate we were achieving with our reference implementation so the path to completing it is clear now.

Financial privacy is our main aim where we want to achieve it while striking a balance between high anonymity, usability, scalability with strong and proven cryptography while keeping supply auditable. However the Zerocoin tech also has other applications such as use in voting systems or blind auction systems so we potentially can use it to build a platform for such things.

Our mining algorithm also is pretty groundbreaking by allowing a memory hard asic resistant algorithm that can be verified quickly.

From the investor standpoint, Znodes will offer participants a way to earn XZC by contributing back to the network through their computing resources while earning a portion of the block reward.

It's very interesting to see this notice. I think we are closer to the MTP algo. Devs are trying to work hard to complete it and I believe it will be released soon . Patience is a key of success. Don't miss this chance .

You are right. I have bought some coins to hold it for long-time period and I don't care How long this MTP is released because I have my trust in this project and new specifications of zcoin.
Jump to: