Author

Topic: [ANN] Zcoin (XZC) - Implementing ZKP privacy without trusted setup - page 196. (Read 663229 times)

Activity: 180
Merit: 100
We are excited to announce that Tim Ruffing has joined Zcoin as a Cryptography Advisor.

https://zcoin.io/tim-ruffing-joins-zcoin-as-a-cryptography-advisor/

it's nice to see your update . I'm still waiting for new actions for this MTP.
I hope it will be released at the end of this month.
Activity: 1004
Merit: 268
Firo (FIRO)
We are excited to announce that Tim Ruffing has joined Zcoin as a Cryptography Advisor.

https://zcoin.io/tim-ruffing-joins-zcoin-as-a-cryptography-advisor/
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
hi guys.

finally got my wallet up and running!  sent a few XZCs into it from trex.  then i was poking around as a total newbie and hit "Mint Zerocoin" button a couple times and see that i sent 1 XCN to empty addresses.

does this coins come back to me?  or did i just burn them or something?

thanks
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
in supernova it shows ./ in front of cpuminer, and without the .exe

That's how you would run the command if you were on Ubuntu or any other Linux OS. Can you paste your whole command?

Suprnova seems down for me right now also, wouldn't cause your miner to error out.

Turns out that supernova is linked to an incomplete miner for windows.

ya i got them from where i mentioned, pinned to #mining in slack ;p
i take it that means you got it up and running then i hope? Smiley  ya its not a big deal at this point cause ya as OC said

below, there will be new miners and hence new binaries anywayz soon ;p

clear and complete understanding for this project  is very necessary....
loading the blockchain on a new wallet takes a loooooooooooooooong time  Sad

You must download blockchain first at znode.io then add this to your wallet then it start syncing.
You should restart your wallet some times then it will run smoothly. I used to be like yours. good luck, guy.

hey thanks.  seems to be just an empty folder called "root" when extract the archive.  any thoughts?  i'm on osx
Activity: 1148
Merit: 512

You must download blockchain first at znode.io then add this to your wallet then it start syncing.
You should restart your wallet some times then it will run smoothly. I used to be like yours. good luck, guy.
Activity: 255
Merit: 250
Cant wait for the mtp. Someone said you will required 1000 xzc is this correct?

MTP has nothing to do with any 1000 xzc amount.

If anything, there is only speculation that 1000 xzc is needed to setup Znodes however the team has not decided yet as it really depends on the price and network state when Znodes comes closer to launch. So don't believe the rumours.

MTP development is still progressing. Aizen is completing one last part called merkletree transportion over block which Poramin has given him and if no hiccups, Poramin's part only takes a few days to do and we would be able to have a public test of MTP. Just that Aizen has been occupied with some personal matters that had prevented him from completing the job earlier since the work involves several hours of uninterrupted concentration. He's actually in Thailand now discussing things with Poramin and has made good progress.

I can see the very impressive roadmap for MTP and znode(masternode). Zcoin will be the first coin to own this algo.
many interesting things will come back on the race. Buy and hold it when it's quite cheap now.

I agree with you. Perhaps some investors forgot this coin and They are running after rising altcoins such as KMD, XRP, EDG.

Do not hesitate to buy this coin . it will become an impressive coin after MTP released at the end of this month.
you are warned about this project. Do not miss this chance.
Activity: 122

If anything, there is only speculation that 1000 xzc is needed to setup Znodes however the team has not decided yet as it really depends on the price and network state when Znodes comes closer to launch. So don't believe the rumours.

MTP development is still progressing. Aizen is completing one last part called merkletree transportion over block which Poramin has given him and if no hiccups, Poramin's part only takes a few days to do and we would be able to have a public test of MTP. Just that Aizen has been occupied with some personal matters that had prevented him from completing the job earlier since the work involves several hours of uninterrupted concentration. He's actually in Thailand now discussing things with Poramin and has made good progress.

I can see the very impressive roadmap for MTP and znode(masternode). Zcoin will be the first coin to own this algo.
many interesting things will come back on the race. Buy and hold it when it's quite cheap now.

I agree with you. Perhaps some investors forgot this coin and They are running after rising altcoins such as KMD, XRP, EDG.
Activity: 686
Merit: 320
Does this coin take an inordinate amount of time to download the blockchain? I've tried it a couple times and had it run for many hours and only get up to around 7000 before I pull the plug. So I downloaded the blockchain from the service found on the reddit, and the app just sits there "loading wallet". Been like that for close to an hour now. There are some really slow coins out there when it comes to syncing but so far this one is the absolute worst.

The first sync takes a long long time but subsequent syncs are heaps faster.

To ensure a smooth sync, you can download the chain here znode.io which should make sure you won't get stuck. The verification of the Zerocoin accumulators take a long time.

We're working on a fix here: https://github.com/zcoinofficial/zcoin/tree/sync-fix-0.8.7.7
I was thinking from what I had read that thimgs would take awhile but this is crazy lol.

I did download that blockchain and like I said, it sat there "loading wallet". I stopped that task a few minutes ago but that was another 2 hours past when I posted and it still hadn't loaded even though it seemed to be working away on something.

Do you have a rough time frame for both scenarios as opposed to "long time" for "average" computer? Just want to have a clue how long I should expect to have to run things.

I has some issues like this but it's quite easy to do that if your wallet was stuck while it was syncing then you should restart you wallet some times then it will go smoothly.

Yeah, I was having to do that every 2000 or so blocks which meant it was even slower. We'll see if the wallet ever finally loads or not with the blockchain download I used.
it looks like this page still has links to outdated wallets ? :

https://zcoin.io/get-zcoin/
Activity: 401
Merit: 257
Does this coin take an inordinate amount of time to download the blockchain? I've tried it a couple times and had it run for many hours and only get up to around 7000 before I pull the plug. So I downloaded the blockchain from the service found on the reddit, and the app just sits there "loading wallet". Been like that for close to an hour now. There are some really slow coins out there when it comes to syncing but so far this one is the absolute worst.

To ensure a smooth sync, you can download the chain here znode.io which should make sure you won't get stuck. The verification of the Zerocoin accumulators take a long time.

We're working on a fix here: https://github.com/zcoinofficial/zcoin/tree/sync-fix-0.8.7.7
I was thinking from what I had read that thimgs would take awhile but this is crazy lol.

I did download that blockchain and like I said, it sat there "loading wallet". I stopped that task a few minutes ago but that was another 2 hours past when I posted and it still hadn't loaded even though it seemed to be working away on something.

Do you have a rough time frame for both scenarios as opposed to "long time" for "average" computer? Just want to have a clue how long I should expect to have to run things.

I has some issues like this but it's quite easy to do that if your wallet was stuck while it was syncing then you should restart you wallet some times then it will go smoothly.

Firo (FIRO)

Activity: 128

Yes. it's right . I have just collected some cheap coins to hold it for a while.
This is a potential coin worth investing in this year.
Activity: 199
Change the algorithm, zcoin to hard fork?
Activity: 168

Activity: 69
Merit: 0
where can a guy find the run down of the block reward schedule

first of all interest of a guy is very necessary to accomplish that task.
Firo (FIRO)

Jump to: