Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 181. (Read 554384 times)

Activity: 81
Merit: 10
Thats my average for the last 2 hours. The bottom is the last one hour, sure. But Everything is bellow 3.5KH/s (around 3.2) and now its below 3.

The graph #2 is my real hashrate that is accepted by the server?
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
So which is correct? 1 or 2?

My cards mine at around 3.7 to 3.8MH/s but the site says I am below 3.5 and 3MH/s for the last hour.

https://i.imgur.com/1A5iOzh.jpg

1 and 2 are different measurements though

1 is  hour average
2 is last 10 minutes.
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
So which is correct? 1 or 2?

My cards mine at around 3.7 to 3.8MH/s but the site says I am below 3.5 and 3MH/s for the last hour.

Activity: 8
Wow, thanks for the replies guys, wasn't expecting an answer so quick Smiley

My stats are here: http://www.clevermining.com/users/16GYFXDxHRnZqWCMLBctA53Vj9pueCquvM

It's been running a little longer now: http://dump.chiko.nl/g/05f94d.png

One of the reasons I'm asking about this is because I'm using BAMT and have seen some posts about BAMT or SMOS, or similar, have contained scripts to mine for their own profits somehow.

Luckily I don't need to worry about power usage, the only thing I need to worry about is how to get my sixth GPU to work, it doesn't show up in dmesg, but that's an entirely different story.

Edit:
SS:66 ----> seems to be that your miner decide which share is stale (thats bad) let the server decide it!
You are mining in a switching pool !!
"no-submit-stale" : true, in the sgminer.conf ?

Oops, that was indeed in my config, I kicked it out.
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
Can anyone shed some light on the following?

My rig is reporting 4.2Mh/s average ( http://dump.chiko.nl/g/b1a725.png ) yet on the website it says 2.7 ( http://dump.chiko.nl/g/7983b5.png )

This may be paranoid, but I'm starting to think maybe my sgminer binary is skimming off my hashrate somehow.

Your miner is running 28 min. so your WU-Rate is not stable enough.
Your WU: is 3.6 MH/s that is what the pool should show the next time.
Your GPU's have no rejects but at the top there are 10% Rejects (which are no real rejects/stratum issue)

SS:66 ----> seems to be that your miner decide which share is stale (thats bad) let the server decide it!
You are mining in a switching pool !!
"no-submit-stale" : true, in the sgminer.conf ?

Just have a look that your WU:-Rate gets up to 90-95% of your hashrate!
This takes some hours to be stable.

Then just try Intensity 18 (it could be that this will give you a better WU-to-hash-ratio) and save some power.

Keep in Mind not your hashrate is paid it is your WU-Rate (and this is what the server will show)
The server could not know about your hashrate because it counts only the amount of share that are submitted every time slice.
So the hashrate shown at the server ist not accurate at any given time....you have to look the last 60 minutes.

Activity: 30
because on most autoswitch multicoin pools some shares at the moment of coin switch are falsely identified as stale by your mining software. If you do not submit it it will be lost hash.
Activity: 54
WU is low and you are not submitting stales. so left is only 2.7MH effective hash.

Why would one submit stales?

Stales can still be accepted. Sometimes they're not, but submitting them at least gives you a chance to pump your accepted hash rate.

My rig is reporting 4.2Mh/s average ( http://dump.chiko.nl/g/b1a725.png ) yet on the website it says 2.7 ( http://dump.chiko.nl/g/7983b5.png )

This may be paranoid, but I'm starting to think maybe my sgminer binary is skimming off my hashrate somehow.

It would help if you posted your BTC address. The information is public anyways.
It'll provide anyone investigating with full information to help. Smiley
Activity: 511
Merit: 250
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
WU is low and you are not submitting stales. so left is only 2.7MH effective hash.

Why would one submit stales?
Activity: 30
Activity: 8

Activity: 158

or would comma seperated values work? gonna test it out ...

-d 0,1,2,3 -O username-btc0:pass-x0,username-btc1:pass-x1,username-btc2:pass-x3,username-ltc3:pass-x3

--scrypt -d 0,1,2,3 -o stratum+tcp://ny.clevermining.com:3333,stratum+tcp://useast.wafflepool.com:3333,stratum+tcp://useast.middlecoin.com:3333,stratum+tcp://united.wemineltc.com:3334 -O username-btc:pass-x --gpu-platform 0 --worksize 256 --vectors 1 --intensity 20 --gpu-threads 1 --log 3 --thread-concurrency 33792 --lookup-gap 2 --api-port 4028 --expiry 120 --queue 1 --scan-time 60 --auto-fan --temp-target 95 --gpu-powertune 50 --gpu-memclock 1500 --gpu-engine 1000 --failover-only -o stratum+tcp://us.clevermining.com:3333,stratum+tcp://uswest.wafflepool.com:3333,stratum+tcp://uswest.middlecoin.com:3333,stratum+tcp://usa.wemineltc.com:3336 -O username-btc0:pass-x0,username-btc1:pass-x1,username-btc2:pass-x3,username-ltc3:pass-x3

thanks!

That will probably not do what you want.

I'm not familiar with cgwatcher, but you I think you also will have to run one cgwatcher for each cgminer. (And then use different api ports)

Before you start digging yourself into big and difficult configs, you haven't considering setting up simple load balancing rather than dedicating
devices to pools?

This will give 2/4 of the work to pool1, 1/4 to pool2 and 1/4 to pool3   (skip --url/-o and --failover-only)
  -U "2;pool1:port" -u user1 -p pass -U "1;pool2:port" -u user2 -p pass -U "1;pool3:port" -u user3 -p pass  ...

thanks Burnie! will try out load balancing

Try it this way:

----------------------------------------------
{

"pools" : [

{

"quota" : "25;stratum+tcp://us.clevermining.com:3333",

"user" : "your_BTC_address",

"pass" : "x"

},

{

"quota" : "25;stratum+tcp://eu.clevermining.com:3333",

},

{

"quota" : "25;stratum+tcp://ny.clevermining.com:3333",

},

{

"quota" : "25;stratum+tcp://asia.clevermining.com:3333",

},

{

"quota" : "0;stratum+tcp://asia.middlecoin.com:3333",

}

]

"load-balance" : true,

"failover-only" : true,
-----------------------------------------------------------

This will split your power to all 4 pools (here all clevermining server)  25%/25%/25%/25%
The last pool will be the failover if all of the above pools are dead.

stay tuned
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
The "only" config you can change for this pool is intensity and even then its not possible (e.g. 280x).

People pointing at your config, where totally underestimating how overloaded the (only) server was.

Some people had already good configs and after trying elsewhere got good performance and only when they were here they had high rejects. Higher than the expected 10%~ due to the coins that are mined...

Whats a bad config? What setting on the miner did you change? You know that queue, scan time and expiry have no affect and its all driven by the server.

In my subtle way and thanks to Kalroth, it was proved that really the only setting available to you is intensity.

Actually to clarify, Kalroth verified that cgminer code deferred to server derived settings for expiry, queue and scantime when those values are available versus what is set in your config/bat files.  

What gets buried in this thread is his statement that he doesn't know whether Clevermining's servers provide these settings as part of the stratum handshake.

In truth, most Altcoin pools do NOT pass these settings down to the client. So these settings can actually still be set on the clientside and have some effect since there are no server settings provided by the pool to default to.

Kalroth - feel free to chime in here to help clarify your statements further.

If you don't specify them the client uses the default setting, which if set by the server is used. After test I found using various settings including these didn't really help. Once I changed to the Asia server, performance improved. Proof is in the pudding, the US server at the time was overloaded it had nothing to do with a "bad config".

I was being reasonable to, I was willing to put up with no more than 10% rejects.

That's actually reversed... the way the code is written is that the server settings takes precedence.  This was the point that Kalroth was making.

But that only holds true if the settings are actually delivered by the server, which in the case of this pool and quite a few others (I dare say most Altcoin pools), they are not.  At that point it's either your custom settings or the defaults builtin to CGMiner/SGMiner.

Just because they had minimal effect in your particular setup doesn't mean they won't work for someone else, especially when the server is not setting your q, e, s for you.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
you should lower pool diff , scryptguild has from 32 to 256 , clever has only 512 ....

I agree. Before, it was vardiff, 16 to 1024, but for "technical issues" it was disabled. I think its about time you switched it back on.

yea, please go back
you should lower pool diff , scryptguild has from 32 to 256 , clever has only 512 ....

I agree. Before, it was vardiff, 16 to 1024, but for "technical issues" it was disabled. I think its about time you switched it back on.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
Activity: 7

or would comma seperated values work? gonna test it out ...

-d 0,1,2,3 -O username-btc0:pass-x0,username-btc1:pass-x1,username-btc2:pass-x3,username-ltc3:pass-x3

--scrypt -d 0,1,2,3 -o stratum+tcp://ny.clevermining.com:3333,stratum+tcp://useast.wafflepool.com:3333,stratum+tcp://useast.middlecoin.com:3333,stratum+tcp://united.wemineltc.com:3334 -O username-btc:pass-x --gpu-platform 0 --worksize 256 --vectors 1 --intensity 20 --gpu-threads 1 --log 3 --thread-concurrency 33792 --lookup-gap 2 --api-port 4028 --expiry 120 --queue 1 --scan-time 60 --auto-fan --temp-target 95 --gpu-powertune 50 --gpu-memclock 1500 --gpu-engine 1000 --failover-only -o stratum+tcp://us.clevermining.com:3333,stratum+tcp://uswest.wafflepool.com:3333,stratum+tcp://uswest.middlecoin.com:3333,stratum+tcp://usa.wemineltc.com:3336 -O username-btc0:pass-x0,username-btc1:pass-x1,username-btc2:pass-x3,username-ltc3:pass-x3

thanks!

That will probably not do what you want.

I'm not familiar with cgwatcher, but you I think you also will have to run one cgwatcher for each cgminer. (And then use different api ports)

Before you start digging yourself into big and difficult configs, you haven't considering setting up simple load balancing rather than dedicating
devices to pools?

This will give 2/4 of the work to pool1, 1/4 to pool2 and 1/4 to pool3   (skip --url/-o and --failover-only)
  -U "2;pool1:port" -u user1 -p pass -U "1;pool2:port" -u user2 -p pass -U "1;pool3:port" -u user3 -p pass  ...

thanks Burnie! will try out load balancing
Activity: 208
The "only" config you can change for this pool is intensity and even then its not possible (e.g. 280x).

People pointing at your config, where totally underestimating how overloaded the (only) server was.

Some people had already good configs and after trying elsewhere got good performance and only when they were here they had high rejects. Higher than the expected 10%~ due to the coins that are mined...

Whats a bad config? What setting on the miner did you change? You know that queue, scan time and expiry have no affect and its all driven by the server.

In my subtle way and thanks to Kalroth, it was proved that really the only setting available to you is intensity.

Actually to clarify, Kalroth verified that cgminer code deferred to server derived settings for expiry, queue and scantime when those values are available versus what is set in your config/bat files.  

What gets buried in this thread is his statement that he doesn't know whether Clevermining's servers provide these settings as part of the stratum handshake.

In truth, most Altcoin pools do NOT pass these settings down to the client. So these settings can actually still be set on the clientside and have some effect since there are no server settings provided by the pool to default to.

If you don't specify them the client uses the default setting, which if set by the server is used. After test I found using various settings including these didn't really help. Once I changed to the Asia server, performance improved. Proof is in the pudding, the US server at the time was overloaded it had nothing to do with a "bad config".

I was being reasonable to, I was willing to put up with no more than 10% rejects.

Activity: 7
cgminer --help

nice! thanks!

found it in the faq:

"Q: Can I configure cgminer to mine with different login credentials or pools for each separate device?
A: No."

OMFG, you've just won the internet.. reading the FAQ.... wow! Smiley

FWIW, for those who don't know what a FAQ is it is Frequently Asked Questions. Emphasis on frequently.

pretty sure you won!
sarcasm online - now that's a first! guess i need the /s font for my nice. thanks for the --help.

& wasting your time letting everyone know about --help & what acronyms are.

& thanks Burnie for an informative/useful reply. will try out load balancing.
Activity: 208
cgminer --help

nice! thanks!

found it in the faq:

"Q: Can I configure cgminer to mine with different login credentials or pools for each separate device?
A: No."

OMFG, you've just won the internet.. reading the FAQ.... wow! Smiley

FWIW, for those who don't know what a FAQ is it is Frequently Asked Questions. Emphasis on frequently.
Jump to: