Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 247. (Read 554387 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Thank you for all the hard work Terk.  Really liking this pool over MC.  Hopefully you can maintain the consistent performance and communication.  Much appreciated.  Now go drink some beer.  Cheesy
Activity: 616
Merit: 522
Hi Terk,

Keep the good work going  Grin, but have a different issue. I see that i got paid out 42 mins ago, however when i try to check the transaction on blockchain, i dont find any?

https://blockchain.info/tx/21d9febfddd0482ba73c4a43917881930039730776236ad40dc9684a8c921c0d

My BTC address : 1JdEawmcCmaC9hZ3ayf41AY1C5HvDqxrJ1

Is there a problem in payout? Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks in advance.

Regards
Mining Master

I've seen this as well. There were three payouts sent immediately one after another, because I limit single payouts to max 1000 users. This payout was the last of these three and it's spending a change from one of the previous payouts. Previous payouts are still not confirmed in the blockchain.

I believe it will show up after previous payouts are confirmed and our wallet re-broadcasts this transaction again. There's nothing to worry. Bitcoin network should take care about it and finally confirm t.

Id it won't show up within 24 hours, I'll deal with it manually.

I might think about increasing transaction fees in payouts to make sure they are confirmed faster. Currently I use default/minimum fees that the reference Bitcoin client uses as defaults.
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
since the server update (nice work, @Terk), rejects (which for me were already pretty low) are a lot lower. but for the first time i am seeing the:
Code:
Rejected untracked stratum share from Pool 0
which several people have been reporting. this does not seem to be affecting my rejected percentage as far as i can tell. sgminer definitely does not think it is.

i am also getting a very large number of stales accepted. does this seem weird?:

First time I see this as well. We are fine then?
Activity: 41
Hi Terk,

Keep the good work going  Grin, but have a different issue. I see that i got paid out 42 mins ago, however when i try to check the transaction on blockchain, i dont find any?

https://blockchain.info/tx/21d9febfddd0482ba73c4a43917881930039730776236ad40dc9684a8c921c0d

My BTC address : 1JdEawmcCmaC9hZ3ayf41AY1C5HvDqxrJ1

Is there a problem in payout? Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks in advance.

Regards
Mining Master
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
With EU and Asia servers next on your todo list, can you also spool up an East Coast US node at some point?
i am also getting a very large number of stales accepted. does this seem weird?:

It's not weird at all. There are two types of stale shares in coin-switching business.

The first one is a stale share which is exactly like in a traditional single-coin pool. There was a new coin block and the pool sent a new job to solve. You miner solved an old job at the same time, so it's a stale share. Your miner sends this job to the pool anyway, bit it is rejected as it is trying to solve a block which already is solved.

Coin-switching pools have also a second type of stale shares. When the pool switches coins and sends a new job to solve for a new coin, but there were no new blocks for the previous coin. Your miner solved an old job at the same time, so it's a stale share. Your miner sends it anyway and it is accepted, because its solving a job for a previous coin which is still valid, as no new blocks for that coin were found.

This is why you should always setup your miners to submit stale shares at CleverMining. We are switching coins very frequently and you should always try to submit a stale share, because it can be still perfectly valid for a previous coin. It also can mine a block and earn all of us money just like any other non-stale share can.
Activity: 53
Yes it seems to me that the problems have been fixed! 5% rejects is awesome, and once we have the EU and Asia servers it will get even better. Thank you so much Terk for this awesome pool. Now we just need the profitability to go up...
Anyways, Terk, I would suggest making an iPhone and Android app for this pool. That would be pretty cool.

are there any specific setting on a mining setup that would help lower reject rates using cgminer?
pjv
Activity: 25
since the server update (nice work, @Terk), rejects (which for me were already pretty low) are a lot lower. but for the first time i am seeing the:
Code:
Rejected untracked stratum share from Pool 0
which several people have been reporting. this does not seem to be affecting my rejected percentage as far as i can tell. sgminer definitely does not think it is.

https://i.imgur.com/pJucpz7.png
I think this is the first time I have ever seen the BTC/per day go below .01 in this pool

At least everything else is running smooth now though. Hopefully something more profitable than litecoin crops up again soon.  Smiley

Technical problems contributed to this. Well, it wasn't worse than Litecoin. LTC was at 0.0087 today. We still had 114% LTC profitability. Which of course is one of our worse days as our long-term averages are higher. I believe we'll be up again tomorrow. We've been leaving some money on the table because of technical problems.

Terk, you said there was nothing more profitable at the moment.
I assume the system works with coins that have very little fluctuation, since I see Alphacoin, a coin with huge fluctuation, at 287% LTC right now.
I still see DOGE at 118% LTC, so I assume we are mining something like that.

Alphacoin has 0.8 difficulty and we are no longer mining it. We would find an ALF block every 0.5 seconds with our hashpower what would result in 70% rejected ratio. As for DOGE, I can only tell you to don't believe everything you see at Coinwarz/Coinchoose. You can also compare us to Waffle which publishes that they were mining LTC in 15% time of the last hour = 9 minutes. So they couldn't find anything more profitable during 9 minutes comparing to 4.5 our minutes.

Don't worry about my profitability engine. As a long-time closed-beta user you should know that it's really good!

Yep, as a beta tester I can vouch for Terk and say that the pool was totally awesome, earnt a lot, just wished it realized I could leave my pc on whole day.

Now that most of the technical problems have been handled, does that mean you'll be turning vardiff back on soon?

I would expect it to be up once EU and Asia servers are up.

Can I suggest a feature? I think that it would be quite smart if the pool refused connection to miners that used a worker not starting with "1", thus not a bitcoin address.
Activity: 230
Merit: 100
Now that most of the technical problems have been handled, does that mean you'll be turning vardiff back on soon?
I think this is the first time I have ever seen the BTC/per day go below .01 in this pool

At least everything else is running smooth now though. Hopefully something more profitable than litecoin crops up again soon.  Smiley

Technical problems contributed to this. Well, it wasn't worse than Litecoin. LTC was at 0.0087 today. We still had 114% LTC profitability. Which of course is one of our worse days as our long-term averages are higher. I believe we'll be up again tomorrow. We've been leaving some money on the table because of technical problems.

I assume the system works with coins that have very little fluctuation, since I see Alphacoin, a coin with huge fluctuation, at 287% LTC right now.

Alphacoin has 0.8 difficulty and we are no longer mining it. We would find an ALF block every 0.5 seconds with our hashpower what would result in 70% rejected ratio. As for DOGE, I can only tell you to don't believe everything you see at Coinwarz/Coinchoose. You can also compare us to Waffle which publishes that they were mining LTC in 15% time of the last hour = 9 minutes. So they couldn't find anything more profitable during 9 minutes comparing to 4.5 our minutes.

Don't worry about my profitability engine. As a long-time closed-beta user you should know that it's really good!
Activity: 41
Awsome stuff Terk,

I'm from the land down under and an asian server (to reduce latency)would be fantastic.

Any idea when one may pop up?

Just to let you know, Im seeing between 7-10% rejects in the south part of Aus.

Cheers
So I can officially write that technical problems has been solved and rejected ratio is down to good levels.

Rejected average in the last hour was 4.8% pool-wide, which I consider a good value for a coin-switching pool, especially considering it's a worldwide average and users close to the server had much lower rejects (EU and Asia servers are now the first item on my todo list).

And just to let you compare. We've been mining LTC for 4.5 minutes in the last hour as there wasn't anything more profitable during these couple minutes. LTC rejected ratio was 0.92% which I believe is comparable to regular LTC pools (remember that we don't have regional servers yet). When mining DOGE, our rejected average was 2.02% which is also comparable to regular DOGE pools.

I think that everything on the pool's side has been done and we won't get lower numbers than this (other than adding servers in different regions). 4.8% average is because we are also mining some other coins which has their higher rejected ratio. I apologize for the past problems but the future looks bright!

If you stopped mining here because too much of your hashpower was wasted, I highly encourage you to start mining with us again!

Activity: 33
I understand that there has been some issues with reject rates, but I think I am doing something wrong.  I am a transplant from middlecoin, and all I changed was the .com address in my .bat file, but my reject rate is in the magnitude of 300-400%...yes, 3 to 4 times the rejects than accepts.  Any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong getting rejects this high?  I am east coast US with reliable connection.

Thanks in advance!  

Also, It is nice to see the gentleman from the clevermining site showing some interaction with this community, something I never got from middlecoin.  The transparency is reassuring, and despite the technical difficulties I am having, I already feel more confident in the pool.
Activity: 19
Yes it seems to me that the problems have been fixed! 5% rejects is awesome, and once we have the EU and Asia servers it will get even better. Thank you so much Terk for this awesome pool. Now we just need the profitability to go up...
Anyways, Terk, I would suggest making an iPhone and Android app for this pool. That would be pretty cool.

At least everything else is running smooth now though. Hopefully something more profitable than litecoin crops up again soon.  Smiley
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!
So I can officially write that technical problems has been solved and rejected ratio is down to good levels.

Rejected average in the last hour was 4.8% pool-wide, which I consider a good value for a coin-switching pool, especially considering it's a worldwide average and users close to the server had much lower rejects (EU and Asia servers are now the first item on my todo list).

And just to let you compare. We've been mining LTC for 4.5 minutes in the last hour as there wasn't anything more profitable during these couple minutes. LTC rejected ratio was 0.92% which I believe is comparable to regular LTC pools (remember that we don't have regional servers yet). When mining DOGE, our rejected average was 2.02% which is also comparable to regular DOGE pools.

I think that everything on the pool's side has been done and we won't get lower numbers than this (other than adding servers in different regions). 4.8% average is because we are also mining some other coins which has their higher rejected ratio. I apologize for the past problems but the future looks bright!

If you stopped mining here because too much of your hashpower was wasted, I highly encourage you to start mining with us again!
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Can you bring the others servers online? Or someone fix the existing server. I'm getting poor performance, high rejects and well cgwatcher is restarting the miner as the server is not giving me enough work.

Are you able to give an eta on when the new servers will come online? Or are we to get silence from you?

Yes I'm a bit frustrated.

how about, get back in your corner and have some patience. there has been an update from Terk in the last couple of hours stating that he is fixing a problem with the Stratum server and when that is complete he will be deploying international servers.

if you are frustrated, take the gamble and move to a less profitable Pool with less rejection rate. Or, sit it out, DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING and still make some Coins.

Being a faceless account on the internet doesn't give you the right to be impatient and rude.

Setup a Failover Pool if you're worried about losing out in making money from doing nothing all day long..

He is making money off our backs.... so....(quite a lot, if he wasn't making so much I wouldn't be so demanding).

Well just agree to disagree, I just hope people have more patience than me, the pools rep isn't damaged and this doesn't take more than a few hours to resolve.

If you don't complain, nothing will get fixed...

I'm frustrated so I lack patience. So I'm seeing red.

That sad, he is no cryptsy.

Go the fuck somewhere else then if you are so angry.  I'm sure middlecoin would love to add you to the pool since they lost 10 GH/s over the last few days.

Always astonishing how people defend a pool owner that should have this shit fixed.

I'm not defending a pool owner.  I'm admonishing stupid users.  The pool has gone from < 1 GH/s  to almost 7 GH/s in in ~ 6 days.  As a sysadmin, watching people bitch about rejects in light of how popular the pool has gotten so quick, and not understanding the technology behind is infuriating.  Whine, moan, and bitch about how they are being "had" has Terk runs off with bags of cash without caring about his userbase.  It's the exact opposite.  He's been a quick and attentive sysop and has been rolling out fixes as issues have cropped up.  If you have issue with the pool, go to another one.  There are bunch to chose from.  
Activity: 630
Merit: 502
Rejection seem just as much at 30% for me.
Activity: 1
A lot of focus on the rejections here, and Terk's amazing devotion to fix that problem. Great job Terk!

I didn't worry much as profits still were really good, but now... today has been pretty horrible, and we would be better off mining litecoin directly.... How is that possible in a coin switching pool???
Jump to: