Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 248. (Read 554387 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
anyone else have a issue with the 10 minute hashrate graph showing 0 hashrate but rejects updates on it's graph.
Activity: 307
Merit: 102
Mine was doing pretty good close to 0% and then bam shot up to 30% ill check my miner when i get back home  Grin
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!
Terk, did you change something that fixed Rejects? I just checked this post and people have been all happy about lowered rejects. I will mine all night and see what rejects I get. I live in Toronto
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Terk, great job. It looks like that rejects are now less than 10%, and I personally had 2% over the last hour.
Seems like with EU and Asia servers, they will be less than 5%, and the next thing is just to get the profitability back up.
sve
Activity: 10
Thank you.

Follow up question:  Why is it that this is the only pool I seem to experience this on? (not a complaint, just a question)

EDIT: last restart seems to have cleared this issue

Grin

Most probably a high delay when connecting to the server; might not be related to the restart but related to the block size of the coin when mining.
Activity: 37
Merit: 1
Your willingness to let the miners know what is going on, good or bad, is a major thing that differentiates you from other pools and will keep people here long-term.

Keep up the good work
Activity: 125
Merit: 100
awesomeness!

Thanks for your hard work TERK !
Activity: 605
Merit: 500
We had a 5-minute downtime because we needed more RAM in the server due to recent software change. We're back online.

For the first time here on the CM I see my actual hashrate reported by cgminer, and dropping reject rate - was averaging 12% and now 3%.
TERK - The Man!  Grin
Activity: 5
Great job on getting the rejects down.   Smiley

I know. We are cooking now. Feel kinda bad for all the people who don't have the patience to ride through all the little hickups, wait, no I don't. Grin

GREAT WORK TERK.
Activity: 19
Great job on getting the rejects down.   Smiley
Activity: 616
Merit: 522
We had a 5-minute downtime because we needed more RAM in the server due to recent software change. We're back online.
Thank you.

Follow up question:  Why is it that this is the only pool I seem to experience this on? (not a complaint, just a question)

EDIT: last restart seems to have cleared this issue

Grin
sve
Activity: 10
I searched for this before posting but did not find a clear answer.

I am getting a lot of "Rejected untracked stratum share from pool 0" notices.

I understand why cgminer says this, but I could not find out if these shares are actually accepted by the pool.

Any clarity would be helpful.

BTW, great job at reducing reject %

When cgminer sends shares via stratum, it does not send the share and then wait for the response as this might slow down the sending of other shares. This means that the response back from the pool is processed separately from the share submission (to make the most of a truly multithreaded environment). However there is never a guarantee that the responses come back in the same order you send them. So cgminer stores a copy of each share as it sends it to the server in its own local database of submitted shares. When it gets a response back about that share from the pool, it deletes the copy of that share. Now stratum is meant to be an uninterrupted connection to the pool, and if you lose that connection, it is assumed that your "session" is no longer valid. So if you send some shares and get disconnected before you get a response, cgminer has to assume that those shares have been lost - otherwise it may end up keeping copies of heaps of shares that it will never get a response to and wastes memory. If you manage to reconnect, sometimes the pool will actually tell you "oh by the way those shares are ok" - however cgminer has now thrown out the record of what those shares were and can only say that the pool said a share was accepted or rejected. Then cgminer just says it's an "untracked share"

source: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=5s5a3knh3kk00injrqp9ibfff5&topic=28402.msg2167883#msg2167883

means not accepted...
I searched for this before posting but did not find a clear answer.

I am getting a lot of "Rejected untracked stratum share from pool 0" notices.

I understand why cgminer says this, but I could not find out if these shares are actually accepted by the pool.

Any clarity would be helpful.

BTW, great job at reducing reject %
Activity: 27
Some people here really need to calm down. Both sides too, out right attacking people who are skeptical of this pool is a great way to turn away prospective miners. This thread has started to grow fairly fast and not everyone can read through 58 pages. Let's be adults around here people. Great to hear things are starting to work out with the new servers. I've seen lower hashes than compared to my other days so it's nice to hear the fixes are happening fast.
Daaaam rejects are mega low and lots of exchanged ready to pay looking like a great day   Shocked
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
Thar she blows!  dem payouts are back!  hopefully cryptsy fixed the issue for good...
Rejects were low but now are up to the high 20s
Activity: 42
Lower "I".  It has been discussed many times on this thread and FAQ on main site.  Lower your intensity and you can reduce rejection on your side.

I reduced I from 18 to 16 on my 7870's and have seen drastic improvement on rejection.  

Other part, pool owner is working to fix his side, and from last post it appears we'll see some improvement.

Patience is virtue.  

Intensity is not the problem. Mine is 34% reject ratio for 3 hours at intensity 20. Lowered intensity to 15, 52% reject ratio. Other pools 1-5% rejects.

Then go to other pools.  End of story.

Yes. I am just saying.
Activity: 5
Lower "I".  It has been discussed many times on this thread and FAQ on main site.  Lower your intensity and you can reduce rejection on your side.

I reduced I from 18 to 16 on my 7870's and have seen drastic improvement on rejection.  

Other part, pool owner is working to fix his side, and from last post it appears we'll see some improvement.

Patience is virtue.  

Intensity is not the problem. Mine is 34% reject ratio for 3 hours at intensity 20. Lowered intensity to 15, 52% reject ratio. Other pools 1-5% rejects.

Then go to other pools.  End of story.
Jump to: