Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 249. (Read 554387 times)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
My rejects dropped to 2% which is nice.
Activity: 2
Since the past hour my rejects have dropped to 0%. Good work!
Activity: 42
Lower "I".  It has been discussed many times on this thread and FAQ on main site.  Lower your intensity and you can reduce rejection on your side.

I reduced I from 18 to 16 on my 7870's and have seen drastic improvement on rejection.  

Other part, pool owner is working to fix his side, and from last post it appears we'll see some improvement.

Patience is virtue.  

Intensity is not the problem. Mine is 34% reject ratio for 3 hours at intensity 20. Lowered intensity to 15, 52% reject ratio. Other pools 1-5% rejects.
Activity: 13
Got my first payout, all working good!
Activity: 5
Lower "I".  It has been discussed many times on this thread and FAQ on main site.  Lower your intensity and you can reduce rejection on your side.

I reduced I from 18 to 16 on my 7870's and have seen drastic improvement on rejection.  

Other part, pool owner is working to fix his side, and from last post it appears we'll see some improvement.

Patience is virtue.  
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
I understand you might be frustrated but believe me I'm even more so. I apologize for all problems and I assure you that I'm really working hard on solving this issue.

And I have some good news!

I finished bugfixing another 3rd party stratum server to replace the previous one. I also rewrote it to be multi-threaded instead of single threaded (which is a big issue). I am testing it on some percent of the pool hashpower and results are very promising - number of rejected shares is significantly lower. I'll let it run serving part of the pool for an full hour and monitor logs and stats to see if no other problems arise and if nothing unexpected happens, I'll be switching the whole pool to it.

Pretty sure I am part of the % you are testing it on.  just dropped to 0% rejected.  nice work
Activity: 16
I understand you might be frustrated but believe me I'm even more so. I apologize for all problems and I assure you that I'm really working hard on solving this issue.

I finished bugfixing another 3rd party stratum server to replace the previous one. I also rewrote it to be multi-threaded instead of single threaded (which is a big issue). I am testing it on some percent of the pool hashpower and results are very promising - number of rejected shares is significantly lower. I'll let it run serving part of the pool for an full hour and monitor logs and stats to see if no other problems arise and if nothing unexpected happens, I'll be switching the whole pool to it.

Sounds great, hope it'll work Wink
Activity: 24
That must be why my rejects dropped to nearly 0%, stayed around 0.8% and the pool's hovered around 5.3% over the past 50 minutes!  I was wondering what happened, lmao!  Very nice, Terk, very nice.

Activity: 28

It looks like the dashboard is reporting an almost identical hashrate to sgminer now.

Thanks for the Saturday effort, Terk.

i0X
Activity: 16
don't know if this was already discussed before, but Terk, could you some additional stats and charts in Profitability Stats section. I'm really missing information about what/which coin are we mining. Could you add some charts like on waffle pool (http://wafflepool.com/stats) - Last 24hrs of Coin Mining chart and Last Hour of Coin Mining chart.

it has already been stated that the coins we are mining will not be published ever.

That's a pitty, would be nice feature. But could be possible to add Last 24h or even Last 30 Days Rejection Rate?

And the next thing I want to ask is this, (we now that CM has some problems with R rate), but what else affect the R rate. On which setting should I focus in cgminer config to try to improve it on my side? I made some changes on my rig in last couple of hours, I'd increased Core clock from 1050 to 1080Mhz and Memory clock from 1500 to 1760Mhz and gained 50Kh/s on each card, but I had an average of 20% rejection rate. Then I made some additional changes where I changed expiry from 120s to 1s, and scan_time form 30s to 1s and core clock back to 1060Mhz, and the result is quite well for now. The Rejection average rate is dropping to 15% and below. Also in last 30minutes the rejection was around only 5%, which is quite good.
Don't know if this has something to do with my new settings or if it was Terk's improvements on servers side.  (I'm from EU and running msi 280x gaming cards)
Activity: 125
Merit: 100
I switch to CM from MD, time to try Waffle.

Lets hope this pool doesn't lose out the hash due to these issues taking awhile to fix.

good bye we won't miss you...
Activity: 616
Merit: 522

Activity: 156

I'm just a bit angry as I've tried to reduce the reject rate (to no avail) and even tho he is trying to fix the reject rate, no additional servers are forthcoming to help with the load balancing (util he fixes the code). So its just a bit frustrating having to wait for more than a few hours, with no additional server and what I've tried. You are right I can go elsewhere, so I guess its time to switch to Waffle until the issue(s) are fixed.

At the end of the day, he'll do what he wants to do. Complaint(s) or no complaints.

These servers dont just grow on trees out the back of your house.. although Amazon EC2 makes it easy to setup a server in a region easier than usual, it still takes time to get it setup, test it, get the load balance right, then release it in to the wild and fix any bugs that might araise when he does. never mind the mulitplication of cost. please remember, this pool only started making any serious kinda money in the last few days. lord know what kind of costs he's incurring due to exponential growth.

perhaps you need to step back and have a look at how much effort you're putting into the whole mining side before you bitch about someone thats running a pool.. Mining is easy.. Sys ops isn't..

Activity: 208
I switch to CM from MD, time to try Waffle.

Lets hope this pool doesn't lose out the hash due to these issues taking awhile to fix.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Can you bring the others servers online? Or someone fix the existing server. I'm getting poor performance, high rejects and well cgwatcher is restarting the miner as the server is not giving me enough work.

Are you able to give an eta on when the new servers will come online? Or are we to get silence from you?

Yes I'm a bit frustrated.

how about, get back in your corner and have some patience. there has been an update from Terk in the last couple of hours stating that he is fixing a problem with the Stratum server and when that is complete he will be deploying international servers.

if you are frustrated, take the gamble and move to a less profitable Pool with less rejection rate. Or, sit it out, DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING and still make some Coins.

Being a faceless account on the internet doesn't give you the right to be impatient and rude.

Setup a Failover Pool if you're worried about losing out in making money from doing nothing all day long..

He is making money off our backs.... so....(quite a lot, if he wasn't making so much I wouldn't be so demanding).

Well just agree to disagree, I just hope people have more patience than me, the pools rep isn't damaged and this doesn't take more than a few hours to resolve.

If you don't complain, nothing will get fixed...

I'm frustrated so I lack patience. So I'm seeing red.

That sad, he is no cryptsy.

Go the fuck somewhere else then if you are so angry.  I'm sure middlecoin would love to add you to the pool since they lost 10 GH/s over the last few days.

Always astonishing how people defend a pool owner that should have this shit fixed.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Can you bring the others servers online? Or someone fix the existing server. I'm getting poor performance, high rejects and well cgwatcher is restarting the miner as the server is not giving me enough work.

Are you able to give an eta on when the new servers will come online? Or are we to get silence from you?

how about, get back in your corner and have some patience. there has been an update from Terk in the last couple of hours stating that he is fixing a problem with the Stratum server and when that is complete he will be deploying international servers.

if you are frustrated, take the gamble and move to a less profitable Pool with less rejection rate. Or, sit it out, DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING and still make some Coins.

Being a faceless account on the internet doesn't give you the right to be impatient and rude.

Setup a Failover Pool if you're worried about losing out in making money from doing nothing all day long..

He is making money off our backs.... so....(quite a lot, if he wasn't making so much I wouldn't be so demanding).

Well just agree to disagree, I just hope people have more patience than me, the pools rep isn't damaged and this doesn't take more than a few hours to resolve.

If you don't complain, nothing will get fixed...

I'm frustrated so I lack patience. So I'm seeing red.

That sad, he is no cryptsy.

Go the fuck somewhere else then if you are so angry.  I'm sure middlecoin would love to add you to the pool since they lost 10 GH/s over the last few days.
Activity: 208

I'm just a bit angry as I've tried to reduce the reject rate (to no avail) and even tho he is trying to fix the reject rate, no additional servers are forthcoming to help with the load balancing (util he fixes the code). So its just a bit frustrating having to wait for more than a few hours, with no additional server and what I've tried. You are right I can go elsewhere, so I guess its time to switch to Waffle until the issue(s) are fixed.

At the end of the day, he'll do what he wants to do. Complaint(s) or no complaints.

Activity: 24
I'm using 5, 0, 30.  Not sure if it's helping me or not.  It sure isn't hindering anything.

You want to find a nice even balance between your hash rate and your WU to get as close to 1:1 as you can with them with as low rejects as possible.  Once you have that and things are stable, you should have your best settings.  I found these two pages very helpful for my current xintensity and thread settings.  And yeah, any hardware errors at all is bad.   Wink

Posts 1189 and 1194 specifically - https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=6842.1185

Post 129 - https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=13190.msg112035#msg112035

I'm trying to adapt this to my 290X's (Sapphire as well). I had to bump my threads back to 27400 because I was getting scores of hardware errors. May I ask what scantime/queue/expiry settings you would advise?

So far things look hopeful, though I'm not sure why my old settings would be any worse than this. Thanks for taking the time to share this!
Activity: 156

Activity: 33
The server is online and he cant give an ETA as he has to test and rewrite code, if you bothered to read the thread you would see that this is being worked on and it will be ready when its ready.

If an ETA is provided you would be kicking and screaming if the severs were not online at the specified time, i would rather the software be ready for the new servers and for it to be deployed correctly and working than have a bodge job done on it.

with regards to the silence, so far the only time Terk hasnt been replying is because he's been getting some sleep, this is a basic human need that everyone needs.
Jump to: