Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 257. (Read 554387 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Power to the people!
Oi, no anger.. just confusion.

I have a steady ping of 80ms to us.clevermining.com, but i'm still seeing 27% reject rate. I like how Clevermining is setup, but that's almost 10x the loss of other pools, some of which have even worse pings to the server from my location.

Could we get an explanation of what's happening? It doesn't seem to just be a network connection issue..

try changing settings i played with  mine for a few days now im below the pools avg usualy.

Hmm,

would you mind to share your config..? I'd agree with you, but if I change to waffle, (or even middlecoin), suddenly my rejects drop to almost nothing)

If your config is getting you low rejects, I'd super appreciate knowing the values you're using. :-)

sure i use sgminer 4.1 and heres my 2 configs 1 for 7970x2 and 1 for 5870 and 6950

5870/6950

"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1/24",
"intensity" : "17",
"worksize" : "256",
"kernel" : "ckolivas",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"thread-concurrency" : "8192",
"shaders" : "0",
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "1",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"log" : "1",
"gpu-threads" : "1",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "1",
"no-submit-stale" : false,
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin",
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1/24"
}

7970x2

"intensity" : "13,13",
"worksize" : "256,256",
"kernel" : "zuikkis",
"lookup-gap" : "2,2",
"thread-concurrency" : "8192,8192",
"shaders" : "2048,2048",
"gpu-threads" : "2,2",
"retry-pause" : "5",
"api-listen" : true,
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "1",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "3",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"log" : "1",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"no-submit-stale" : false,
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "1",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin",
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1/24"
}
HMX
Activity: 11
Merit: 0

I have a steady ping of 80ms to us.clevermining.com, but i'm still seeing 27% reject rate. I like how Clevermining is setup, but that's almost 10x the loss of other pools, some of which have even worse pings to the server from my location.

Could we get an explanation of what's happening? It doesn't seem to just be a network connection issue..

try changing settings i played with  mine for a few days now im below the pools avg usualy.

Hmm,

would you mind to share your config..? I'd agree with you, but if I change to waffle, (or even middlecoin), suddenly my rejects drop to almost nothing)

If your config is getting you low rejects, I'd super appreciate knowing the values you're using. :-)
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Power to the people!

legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

hmm, avg ping for me is 280ms and reject rate is ~7%...
it's definitely not a network issue from my point of view

something is wrong with your config maybe  Huh
Activity: 19
I am curious to know if I can mine on CM using GUIminer? I've had some issues using CGminer and am a bit less than knowledgeable when it comes to getting that software up and running properly. I had previously been using GUIminer on middlecoin just fine, would it work on CM as well?

It should work just fine. Only one way to know for sure...
HMX
Activity: 11

Activity: 19
I am curious to know if I can mine on CM using GUIminer? I've had some issues using CGminer and am a bit less than knowledgeable when it comes to getting that software up and running properly. I had previously been using GUIminer on middlecoin just fine, would it work on CM as well?
legendary
EDIT: Payout on CM is much better than MC for the last week. Was testing the waters and am going to stay Smiley

So in the interest of perhaps changing the subject off the reject rates (last couple hundred posts!) I was wondering something about pools in general.

The more Hash Power your pool has (for example CM has just gone from 1Gh earlier this week to 6Gh today) does it increase the overall profits for the miners within the pool.

I actually have no idea how the overall effect of having so much more hash power would have on your individual miners as whole...does it even make a difference after a certain point? Maybe someone can edumacate me on this considering this is probably the fastest growing pool right now I just wonder if we should applaud more users/bigger pool/ high hash or rather keep it quiet and hope it doesn't get to big?

was wondering about this too. time will show  Grin
Activity: 13
EDIT: Payout on CM is much better than MC for the last week. Was testing the waters and am going to stay Smiley

So in the interest of perhaps changing the subject off the reject rates (last couple hundred posts!) I was wondering something about pools in general.

The more Hash Power your pool has (for example CM has just gone from 1Gh earlier this week to 6Gh today) does it increase the overall profits for the miners within the pool.

I actually have no idea how the overall effect of having so much more hash power would have on your individual miners as whole...does it even make a difference after a certain point? Maybe someone can edumacate me on this considering this is probably the fastest growing pool right now I just wonder if we should applaud more users/bigger pool/ high hash or rather keep it quiet and hope it doesn't get to big?

Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Grin payout is good, i dont give a ?%?$ about the reject rate.

Same here.  Payout is a lot better than MC has been for the last week. 
Activity: 125
Merit: 100
 Grin payout is good, i dont give a ?%?$ about the reject rate.

legendary
oh, come on guys, why being so rude to each other?  Cool
Minerist, there is no 30% rejects already, this issue is fixed now. I posted my hashrate and rejects stats few messages before - take a look.
And to everyone who is still worrying about those rejects %% - I posted my profits stats there too, you can see they are really close to numbers you see on the top of the site.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Can someone explain to me how CleverMining is getting so many rejects considering its hash power has gone up significantly? Its a problem with Terks code it seems. Considering Waffle had 1GH last week and there was amost less than 1% of rejects. I am tired of seeing the phrase its normal, its not.

I am tired of seeing people like you criticizing something you don't even understand!
IT IS NORMAL. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HASHPOWER. It switches coins quickly, and mines very quick coins, so a higher reject rate IS PERFECTLY NORMAL!
What are you retarded? Compared to every other pool out there, NO ONE IS GETTING THAT REJECT %.

I want to know whether Terks profitability % is based on hashes WITH rejection or % of hash before the rejection.
Well, none of other 'fast coin switching pools' have 30% rejects LOL.

First, I am not retarded. Second, other pools don't have the same coin-switch software, and they don't mine the same coins. Use your common sense.
The profitability stats are before rejects. If you don't like this pool, then fuck off. Also, even WITH the rejects, profits here are higher than on others. Don't you understand?
Part of the rejects are also because the pool only has a US server and the lag makes it reject shares.
Activity: 80
Well, none of other 'fast coin switching pools' have 30% rejects LOL.
Activity: 84
Can someone explain to me how CleverMining is getting so many rejects considering its hash power has gone up significantly? Its a problem with Terks code it seems. Considering Waffle had 1GH last week and there was amost less than 1% of rejects. I am tired of seeing the phrase its normal, its not.

I am tired of seeing people like you criticizing something you don't even understand!
IT IS NORMAL. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HASHPOWER. It switches coins quickly, and mines very quick coins, so a higher reject rate IS PERFECTLY NORMAL!
What are you retarded? Compared to every other pool out there, NO ONE IS GETTING THAT REJECT %.

I want to know whether Terks profitability % is based on hashes WITH rejection or % of hash before the rejection.
legendary
If you have 10 MH/s and are getting 30% rejects, the system shows you are 7 MH/s.  When these rates of BTC per MH/s are being quoted, are they on accepted MH/s or the total MH/s?  If it does not include reject %, and say waffle is only 10% rejects, then waffle is the better pool.

there is no need to worry about rejects as far as you get high profit:
waffel 0.0093
clever 0.011
I'm running 5mh/s on clever and I have this - "Last 24h Profits   0.05380326 BTC"
so it's really close to  0.011 per mh/s per day and I'm pretty happy with that
Well, I checked again. I have 5.2 mh/s reported by cgminer to be precise. The "system" shows me 5.2 and "Rejected: 0.3 MH/s (5.6%)" for the last hour. Also I get "4.8 MH/s 24-hour Average". As far as I can see on hashrate graph it became a lot more stable now and I expect 24-hour Average to grow a little. But even if it stays as it is I'm fine.  Cool
Activity: 102
If you have 10 MH/s and are getting 30% rejects, the system shows you are 7 MH/s.  When these rates of BTC per MH/s are being quoted, are they on accepted MH/s or the total MH/s?  If it does not include reject %, and say waffle is only 10% rejects, then waffle is the better pool.

waffel 0.0093
clever 0.011
I'm running 5mh/s on clever and I have this - "Last 24h Profits   0.05380326 BTC"
so it's really close to  0.011 per mh/s per day and I'm pretty happy with that
legendary
waffel 0.0093
clever 0.011
so it's really close to  0.011 per mh/s per day and I'm pretty happy with that

EDIT: btw, congrats on 6 gh/s! keep growing!  Wink
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Activity: 84
Jump to: