Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 85. (Read 554380 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Hi.. One thing I have always noticed when I mine on clever(And why I usually don't stay here long) is that it seems like the Hashrate Clever shows is a lot of times 10% to 20% lower than my actual hash rate.. Like for example right now Clever is showing me at 23 to 25 MH's but I have almost 30(29.90) MH's pointed here..  Rejects are only 2.7%

Clever reports 20.8 MH/s 24-hour Average

My Miners UI reports  29.95 Mh/s  24-hour Average

Are the hash states here not real accurate?   I know when I am on Waffle, it shows a steady 28+- MH's

I get nervous when I see part of my hashrate missing and don't really know why or where its going..  And right now its a pretty big chunk missing..

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Hey Terk,

is there any issues with payouts today, i see they were sent out but, and my tx has 8 confirmations on it as of now, but i still dont see anything in my wallet.

Well, then it's obviously a problem with your wallet.

hey guys a question is it worth it to purchase a 1mh/s 1 year contract scrypt at 179dollars?

You can buy your own scrypt 1mh/s miner for less than that.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
so I may have missed this in the many pages here, but have we ever gotten an API?

The whole cloudflare/ddos protection stuff is nice to keep the pool up, but incredibly annoying for both checking hte pages and trying to write data scrapers to track my performance.

If there is no API (still) any one have any suggestions on how to scrape data from their miner pages?  I cant seem to get around the cloudflare junk
I am having the same problem in trying to "data scrape" as you call it.  I read on the CloudFlare site that their protection does not prevent web crawlers from scanning the site (so I am confident we can find a way to do it), and I'm thinking what I will try next is to write code to accept their cookie(s).  Of course, my guess is worthless until I have it running.

What I unsuccessfully tried in php was to file_get_contents, then do a javascript setTimeout of 10 seconds, after which I do a window.location.reload.  

hmmm, well i guess if they say web crawlers can scan it, there has to be a way. what's the link where you read this?

I went the python route a few weeks back, but got no where.  After reading your post, i fired wireshark back up and it looks like there's a hidden form that needs some special key to return in order to let us through ... so I also think we'll need some code to accept their cookie/whatever and respond back similar to how a browser would.  still kind of pain to grab some data  Undecided

update: ok so i did some digging. got this from the cloudflare site:
Javascript and cookies are required for the tests, and to record the fact that the tests were correctly passed. The page which your visitors see when in IUAM can be fully customized to reflect your branding. I'm Under Attack mode does not block search engine crawlers or your existing CloudFlare whitelist.

My guess is they whitelisted known and allowed search engine crawlers which is why those bots work where as ours dont.  Add to it that it looks like Terk opted to put the domain in a permanent I'm Under Attack Mode and we are where we are. So pretty much we need to mimic the expected behavior if we want anything to work ... lovely

I neednt link you now, your text is exactly what I read.  I did not reach the conclusion that you did about the crawlers being whitelisted, thanks for helping me think!  Wink

As to "kind of a pain", well, it would be worth it so I could get some sleep, I'm plain stupid about having to check every hour and enter data into a spreadsheet.  Auto-reading from CM is the only missing link.  I'm databasing the exchange rates of 5 different coins once every five minutes, making graphs, all automatically.

See https://github.com/jordoh/miner-monitor/blob/master/pools/clever_mining.rb#L84-L102 for ruby code. The basic process is:

1. Get the 503 page from CloudFlare - it contains a verification code (in the HTML) and simple equation to solve (in the JS).
2. Make a get request for http://www.clevermining.com/cdn-cgi/l/chk_jschl?jschl_vc=&jschl_answer= with the referer header set to the page you are trying to access. If you got the answer right, you'll a 302 (redirect) response with a cf_clearance cookie.
3. Follow the redirect (i.e. request the original page you were trying to access), including the cf_clearance cookie.

Thanks for this, I was looking into making an Android widget for CM and looks like I will have a way to do so.

Do you have an example of this code in C#?
Activity: 519
Merit: 502
hey guys a question is it worth it to purchase a 1mh/s 1 year contract scrypt at 179dollars?
Activity: 27
Hey Terk,

is there any issues with payouts today, i see they were sent out but, and my tx has 8 confirmations on it as of now, but i still dont see anything in my wallet.
Activity: 826
I saw more output but I had some ghs hashing bitcoins there too like 6ghs so that might have been the reason I saw better numbers I have done a switchover to clevermining maybe the week I was in was just a bad week for scrypt. Then again profits seem to have gone down although the value of btc has increased alot.

In addition to the most recent ~15% increase in LTC Difficulty.
I saw more output but I had some ghs hashing bitcoins there too like 6ghs so that might have been the reason I saw better numbers I have done a switchover to clevermining maybe the week I was in was just a bad week for scrypt. Then again profits seem to have gone down although the value of btc has increased alot.
I am not sure if I agree with you on the shitier pool theory. But you are right shouldn't have posted a referral link on here secondly you are right about the orphan blocks I seem to see alot of them. Does cleaver mining show when it gets an orphan block?

Clever doesn't show them, but I tried out GHASH and I got less than half of what I would have with clever.
hmm k maybe I was mining on a bad week. Cause the week i did it got me much less then what I got at coinshift or waffle. I have repointed my miners here to give it another go. Thanks for the help on the orphan blocks info.
Activity: 798
I am not sure if I agree with you on the shitier pool theory. But you are right shouldn't have posted a referral link on here secondly you are right about the orphan blocks I seem to see alot of them. Does cleaver mining show when it gets an orphan block?

No, but obviously, if a block gets orphaned, you won't earn anything. CM earnings are still higher than ghashes.
while I liked cleaverming and even had it as my backup pool I made a switch you can check my signature. I prefer to do it at coinshift as my back and ghash.io. Ghash io shows what coins you are currently mining how many you shares you submitted heck you can even choose not to mine certain coins. If you like it please use my referral to signup https://cex.io/r/0/dmz241/0/ there is % pool fee you can get your coins in ltc or btc upto you. Additionally you can always trade them at cex.io exchange where they appear once you get credited. And you get credited for them almost right there and then with coinshift and cleaver you have to wait for the coins for eons to get get converted.

I got so many Stales and orphaned blocks on GHASH's Multipool. Plus they only mine 12 coins, nothing new. Terk is always on the lookout for new coins, when Whitecoin came out we made a killing; you don't see that at GHASH.

Yeah that WC week was pretty awesome  Grin

And isn't it kind of tacky to advertise for a competing pool in this thread? Not cool.

My thoughts exactly, a much shittier pool and with a referral link.
Activity: 868
while I liked cleaverming and even had it as my backup pool I made a switch you can check my signature. I prefer to do it at coinshift as my back and ghash.io. Ghash io shows what coins you are currently mining how many you shares you submitted heck you can even choose not to mine certain coins. If you like it please use my referral to signup https://cex.io/r/0/dmz241/0/ there is % pool fee you can get your coins in ltc or btc upto you. Additionally you can always trade them at cex.io exchange where they appear once you get credited. And you get credited for them almost right there and then with coinshift and cleaver you have to wait for the coins for eons to get get converted.

I got so many Stales and orphaned blocks on GHASH's Multipool. Plus they only mine 12 coins, nothing new. Terk is always on the lookout for new coins, when Whitecoin came out we made a killing; you don't see that at GHASH.

Yeah that WC week was pretty awesome  Grin

And isn't it kind of tacky to advertise for a competing pool in this thread? Not cool.

Activity: 18
All the profitability on the pool is shown against Litecoin.  Is there anyway of seeing what coins were mined for how much each day as I don't think just mining Litecoin and converting to BtC is the best and as a multipool, I would expect to see changes through the day.

I know the website says that we mine many coins, but I would prefer to see which coins were mined and for how much of the day because at the moment its looking a bit like we mine Lite only and convert to Btc.

Regards

M
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Yeh good way of explaining, actually seems correct when I click the 24hr graph below... Is there somewhere which shows me the Rejected 24hr ? This way I can add both Hashrates together and it should give me my total or there abouts.
Activity: 616
Merit: 522
Has anyone else noticed that even after 24 hrs+ the 1 hour HASHOMETER on the Clever stats is missing like 2000KHs ... On some occasion after I have refreshed I do see it showing pretty much the correct Hash rate, why doesn't it show the right Hashrate constantly? Well this is out of the time I refresh Probably out of these times I would notice 20% of the time it shows the Correct Hashrate & 80% of the time I refresh it shows Wrong.

Maybe I am doing it at the wrong times or maybe not.... Makes me feel like i'm getting hi-jacked.

WHen I look at my miners locally they are definitely showing the correct speed/hashrate

Your miner knows exactly how many hashes it calculates per second, so it will show a stable hashrate on your side. But the miner sends to the pool only solved shares (hashes that meet difficulty) and their amount will vary from hour to hour depending on luck/variance. As the pool can only estimate your hashrate based on shares submitted by your miner, your hashrate reported by the pool in a short timeframe (like an hour) will always vary. You should look at 24-hour averages as it's a sample big enough to tell something. Trying to decide anything based on any shorter period is like making four coin tosses and wondering why you didn't necessarily get two heads and two tails.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Has anyone else noticed that even after 24 hrs+ the 1 hour HASHOMETER on the Clever stats is missing like 2000KHs ... On some occasion after I have refreshed I do see it showing pretty much the correct Hash rate, why doesn't it show the right Hashrate constantly? Well this is out of the time I refresh Probably out of these times I would notice 20% of the time it shows the Correct Hashrate & 80% of the time I refresh it shows Wrong.

Maybe I am doing it at the wrong times or maybe not.... Makes me feel like i'm getting hi-jacked.

WHen I look at my miners locally they are definitely showing the correct speed/hashrate
Activity: 27
Terk, i need your assistance.

i just had my HDD take a dump on me. can you please take the earnings from this address (12vt3ehwjNxYvKc5xbWzeCZVAxovaL2FgE) and transfer them to this address (14EjG7fythpqLufXF4yw7CrbizW7JjnJn7). i just started mining there at 7:42pm CST

I confirmed in logs that both these users were mining from the same IP address so I guess that should be enough verification. You're lucky that today's payout was delayed by 40 minutes, otherwise you would have been sent the entire balance just minutes before you wrote the post/PM.

I've never moved balances from a valid BTC address which already has been paid. This might create some mess in stats/accounting. For now, I simply blocked payouts to your old address and I will figure out what to do tomorrow.

Terk you are the man, i couldnt remote into the machine at work today so i was stressing out all day. and by the time i was able to diagnose the problem i realized it was close to pay out time. i seriously appreciate the assistance.
Pages:
Jump to: