Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 89. (Read 554380 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 522
Different rig than the one you're used to seeing me on(that one has actually shrunk a bit), I built out another farm and it runs on a different address.  Just PMed it to you, but I have already switched back to EU(it's also leased right now, so it's not submitting shares).  What was killing me was that I was monitoring individual blades locally, if they didn't submit a share for 240 seconds they got restarted(which makes sense at 512 diff) but when I was spiking up over 10000(at one point i saw 19000) my miner was just restarting my blades all the time, took a little while to figure out why my hashrate was all over the place.

I adjusted vardiff settings to consider longer time period. This should result in difficulty not jumping as low and high as previously.

I didn't know you'd turned on vardiff, that took me by surprise.

I wasn't going to launch the new stratum server until the weekend but issues with servers this morning pushed me to do this. I was going to make a proper announcement, but yes:

The new stratum server has vardiff working again. It's also much more efficient so it should result in much lower rejects ratio when mining fast coins (we already had low rejects when mining big coins, but our rejects when mining low difficulty coins were a bit higher than should be). This is a very optimised software and it should give us all great results.

All your feedback about how it works is appreciated.
legendary
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
If the difficulty is getting so high over time that a miner can't solve a share before it's stale, that's a problem.

It's not, because when you finally solve a high-diff share, then it will be worth much more and in the end everything will be the same.

I turned on monitoring on your address and will check how difficulty changes on your rig.

At the very beginning of my monitoring you had 535 diff which was changed to 1134. With 1134 diff you submitted 28 shares within 2 min 44 seconds = 1 share every 5.8 seconds on average. This is too fast, so your diff was changed to 1972 because the pool wants you to submit one share per 10 seconds.

So far so good.

I will be monitoring it to see wether diff goes into too big extremes.

Different rig than the one you're used to seeing me on(that one has actually shrunk a bit), I built out another farm and it runs on a different address.  Just PMed it to you, but I have already switched back to EU(it's also leased right now, so it's not submitting shares).  What was killing me was that I was monitoring individual blades locally, if they didn't submit a share for 240 seconds they got restarted(which makes sense at 512 diff) but when I was spiking up over 10000(at one point i saw 19000) my miner was just restarting my blades all the time, took a little while to figure out why my hashrate was all over the place.  I didn't know you'd turned on vardiff, that took me by surprise.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031
There's only one x11 multipool that pays out in BTC right now, and their website sucks. I would really love a CM X11 Multipool...

I doubt you are talking about TMB. They also have X11 and top of the others.

tl;dr:  X11 is middlepool/h20 all over again.  History repeats

Profitable are the entrepreneurs who provide what the customers want.  Even more profitable are those who provide the service FIRST with little or no competition.  Two obvious examples in recent times: H20 the 20-something tech-wizard out of Cali and now TMB.  H20 gave us middlepool: the FIRST website to automagically switch between profitable coins and exchange it to btc.  For nearly a year, H20 ran this model until others jumped on his coattails and eventually won over business through various "turns-of-events".  Profits dwindled and tensions rose as scrypt stagnated and FUD reigned in the the wake of Mt Gox and concerns over scrypt ASICS.  Enter the latest GOTCHA in crypto strategy: X11.  Just as many predicted, the same mentality that ensured endurance of GPU miners is that mentality which spawned a currency that could work more anonymously, with less GPU power consumption, and apparently as profitable as many other coins.  But alas, where is the convenience that H20 gave us?  That's where TMB has entered and is now front and center as the FIRST and ONLY (AFAIK & ATT) pool-switching btc-exchanging service for X11.  My opinion is that it won't take nearly as long as it did for competitors to challenge TMB as it took for them to challenge H20.   Poolpicker.eu has some catching up to do in the realm of pool picking and much more due consideration will be needed to address the various factors such as alt-algos and power consumption.

edit: okay, there's coinmine.pw that also does x11 but not as good as TMB from what I can see
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
There's only one x11 multipool that pays out in BTC right now, and their website sucks. I would really love a CM X11 Multipool...

I doubt you are talking about TMB. They also have X11 and top of the others.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
All CM published numbers are after fees, so you don't need to subtract a fee from them because you would do it twice.

Speaking of rejects, does anyone using the US server notice any change in rejects and/or accepted MHs on the new server launched an hour ago?
\
i sure do. last couple of days i went from ~15mh/s to 12-13mh/s all day today i have been pumping about 14-15mh/s. keep up the great work terk.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Activity: 798
Later on it went to 657, then 1292. Everything works fine.

I can imagine than your miner can get extremely lucky and solve a lot of shares within a short timeframe and get high difficulty in result. You don't need to worry about it, because it will take you longer to submit this share, but it will be proportionally more worth. And you diff will go back down after couple of minutes when the pool detects you send shares infrequently.

Terk, I know this might be annoying, but do you have any plans for a x11 multipool?

Byt411, I completely agree!!  I am probably one of the few left that only has GPU's for Scrypt mining. Terk, could corner the market with an X11 multipool of this caliber.  I love clever and have been here since the beginning, just missed the BETA. I'm currently splitting my hashrate between here and the only X11 multipool that I know of, but they are lagging when it comes to new coins.

I'm splitting my hashrate between CM and leasing my rig out, since leasing out is more profitable, but I would say that there would be a lot of interest for a x11 multipool as good as CM.
Activity: 826

I can imagine than your miner can get extremely lucky and solve a lot of shares within a short timeframe and get high difficulty in result. You don't need to worry about it, because it will take you longer to submit this share, but it will be proportionally more worth. And you diff will go back down after couple of minutes when the pool detects you send shares infrequently.

Terk, I know this might be annoying, but do you have any plans for a x11 multipool?

Byt411, I completely agree!!  I am probably one of the few left that only has GPU's for Scrypt mining. Terk, could corner the market with an X11 multipool of this caliber.  I love clever and have been here since the beginning, just missed the BETA. I'm currently splitting my hashrate between here and the only X11 multipool that I know of, but they are lagging when it comes to new coins.

If the difficulty is getting so high over time that a miner can't solve a share before it's stale, that's a problem.

It's not, because when you finally solve a high-diff share, then it will be worth much more and in the end everything will be the same.

I turned on monitoring on your address and will check how difficulty changes on your rig.

At the very beginning of my monitoring you had 535 diff which was changed to 1134. With 1134 diff you submitted 28 shares within 2 min 44 seconds = 1 share every 5.8 seconds on average. This is too fast, so your diff was changed to 1972 because the pool wants you to submit one share per 10 seconds.

So far so good.

I will be monitoring it to see wether diff goes into too big extremes.
I am mining with two gridseed G-Blade. It starts really good, but after half an hour the pool difficulty rises to 2335!! and i don't get a single share anymore. What can I do?

It might be because your rig was extremely lucky and got too many shares within a short time frame. Even if difficulty changed to 2335 it should change back down within couple of minutes.

Can you tell me your username? I'll monitor it and see how it's working.

But it seems not to be corresponding with the gigh difficulty. I had Diff above 4000 a few minutes ago and i even got accepted share. It seems like after approximately half an hour no share is accepted anymore

I was at 19000 just a minute ago, it's screwing with my auto-restart cause my miner thinks that blades are going down when in actuality it's just taking a long time to solve a share.

What happened to fixed diff at 512?

Yes, i would also like to have fixed diff at 512! I thinl this is really a nice Pool. I like it more than other Multicoin Pools. For now its running smooth for nearly an hour or so, but its not good if you don't know if it stops workinng in a moment when you're not looking at it for a couple of hours...

Hm. So before, people complained about not having vardiff, and then that there is fixed difficulty.
Now, one 512 share = 512, one 1 share = 1, one 1024 share = 1024.
So 512 difficulty one shares equal 512.
If you still don't understand, it means that there is no difference.

No it's not, because stales are also paid for.
legendary
I am mining with two gridseed G-Blade. It starts really good, but after half an hour the pool difficulty rises to 2335!! and i don't get a single share anymore. What can I do?

It might be because your rig was extremely lucky and got too many shares within a short time frame. Even if difficulty changed to 2335 it should change back down within couple of minutes.

But it seems not to be corresponding with the gigh difficulty. I had Diff above 4000 a few minutes ago and i even got accepted share. It seems like after approximately half an hour no share is accepted anymore

I was at 19000 just a minute ago, it's screwing with my auto-restart cause my miner thinks that blades are going down when in actuality it's just taking a long time to solve a share.

Yes, i would also like to have fixed diff at 512! I thinl this is really a nice Pool. I like it more than other Multicoin Pools. For now its running smooth for nearly an hour or so, but its not good if you don't know if it stops workinng in a moment when you're not looking at it for a couple of hours...

Hm. So before, people complained about not having vardiff, and then that there is fixed difficulty.

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

legendary

My Username is : 1ExxrRYFVqFiT2PiUQppsxhk5aSBYAuEyT

But I just restartet my rig, so the diifficulty is down to 512 now. But I already tried a few times and the difficulty always rises after a few minutes. And I waited for like 45 Minutes and it didnt went back down.

Edit: Its already up to 1990 after 2 Minutes

Pages:
Jump to: