Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 214. (Read 1103293 times)

Activity: 527
Merit: 500
Do you mean, that eventually the purpose of Blocknet and other competing tech will be obsolete in terms of people just going back to dealing with ''single entity tech'' rather a network of applications?

Um, you kind of left off Alta Vista man!

Whoever proposes this hypothesis should consider the disanalogy between simply buying fund x over fund y, versus downloading a single Blocknet-enabled wallet over downloading several. There's a vast difference in usability ("liquidity") there.

I totally agree that its silly dealing with a number of wallets opposed to having a all in one solution. Obviously when you are dealing with tech, you can't use the hedge fund analogy.
The best way Blocknet & all competing techs out there, should be considered more like '' search engines''. Back in the 90's we had a number of search engines that people used Yahoo (being King back then) and in the 00's the most used were Google,Yahoo,Bing.
We are now living the 90's again (per say) with Blocknet, Supernet etc.

and Ask Jeeves

You guys are absolutely right!!! My favorite back then was Lycos (by far)!!!

To be fair, back then if you werent using at least 4-5 simultaneously you were losing out on some good hits.

Though who will emerge victorious among crypto platforms remains to be seen. So I diversify, at least for now Smiley
Activity: 211
Merit: 100
Do you mean, that eventually the purpose of Blocknet and other competing tech will be obsolete in terms of people just going back to dealing with ''single entity tech'' rather a network of applications?

Whoever proposes this hypothesis should consider the disanalogy between simply buying fund x over fund y, versus downloading a single Blocknet-enabled wallet over downloading several. There's a vast difference in usability ("liquidity") there.

I totally agree that its silly dealing with a number of wallets opposed to having a all in one solution. Obviously when you are dealing with tech, you can't use the hedge fund analogy.
The best way Blocknet & all competing techs out there, should be considered more like '' search engines''. Back in the 90's we had a number of search engines that people used Yahoo (being King back then) and in the 00's the most used were Google,Yahoo,Bing.

and Ask Jeeves

You guys are absolutely right!!! My favorite back then was Lycos (by far)!!!
Activity: 407
Merit: 254

and Ask Jeeves
Activity: 196
Fibre Knight

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

I am not getting any wiser here...
What is the problem and how do you solve it?

The problem:
"Cryptocurrency projects share a common dream. It is of a future free of central control and the abuses of liberty it engenders... But cryptocurrencies today function as isolated islands, with separate blockchains, nodes and users. As such, our innovations have limited usage, and one project’s advances cannot generate revenue in other networks. Further, this isolation saps resources if multiple projects develop solutions already created by others. While each project on its own is valuable, our combined technology and development skill is priceless."

The solution: an inter-blockchain application platform enabling each coin's features to function as services on every coin's apps.

Well, success spurs the creation of similar competing projects.  If Blocknet is successful, I'm sure there will be other similar projects creating isolated islands of inter-blockchain applications.  

In the finance world there are many hedge funds, so someone made an investment vehicle where one can invest in many funds under one investment called "Fund of Funds".  Years later, there are many different "Fund of Funds" and we are back where we started from, the only difference is the fees we pay to invest in a "Fund of Funds" are much higher than an individual fund.

Do you follow where I'm going with this?

legendary
Jake you're right. The Blocknet's tech will not be alone in the marketplace.

We'll be competing with whoever else tries to do what we're doing.
Activity: 644

The problem:
"Cryptocurrency projects share a common dream. It is of a future free of central control and the abuses of liberty it engenders... But cryptocurrencies today function as isolated islands, with separate blockchains, nodes and users. As such, our innovations have limited usage, and one project’s advances cannot generate revenue in other networks. Further, this isolation saps resources if multiple projects develop solutions already created by others. While each project on its own is valuable, our combined technology and development skill is priceless."

The solution: an inter-blockchain application platform enabling each coin's features to function as services on every coin's apps.

Well, success spurs the creation of similar competing projects.  If Blocknet is successful, I'm sure there will be other similar projects creating isolated islands of inter-blockchain applications.  

In the finance world there are many hedge funds, so someone made an investment vehicle where one can invest in many funds under one investment called "Fund of Funds".  Years later, there are many different "Fund of Funds" and we are back where we started from, the only difference is the fees we pay to invest in a "Fund of Funds" are much higher than an individual fund.

Do you follow where I'm going with this?
legendary
When will be the foundation formalized? Any update?Huh

As soon as possible.
It's been the main focus of late, as it's not easy to engage all the different coins' teams and get us all to discuss matters.
Activity: 382
Merit: 250
When will be the foundation formalized? Any update?Huh
Fibre Knight

The problem:

I don't think you can explain it any better.
legendary

The problem:

Activity: 441
Merit: 250
Thanks for your answer so far.
You have used a lot of terms that are unknown to me:
Xnode protocol

- The protocol that XCurrency nodes use to communicate. It's end-to-end encrypted and completely serverless.

2) A presentation of the whole team where all relevant team members are publically known.

Dan Metcalf's identity is public, and so is mine: http://xc-official.com/the-xc-team/
When the foundation and team is formalised, you can expect more people's identities to be made public (though not necessarily everyone's).

Do you have such documents yet? Have the marketing material / and marketing terms been prepared before the technology / concept has been prepared?

Yes, the marketing has been prepared before the technology. The terms of the ITO entail funding first, code later. Presumably anyone not happy with this proposal didn't buy Blocknet tokens.

legendary
No Itod, pinkman12345 is not a fudster.

However (s)he would be mistaken in thinking that we find the decision whether to put up a buy wall a tough one. Not sure where that idea came from.

Can I ask you, Itod, to post constructively in future? Your post are almost always denigrating, and there's no need for that.

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1077
^ Will code for Bitcoins
Please don't accuse me of being a FUDster as i am not, i just think the 25k buy wall is a no lose idea (obvs if you believe that BLOCK is going to succeed) so i cant see how this is such a hard decision to make.

Since you do not post "Blocknet to the moon!" hails you are automatically a FUDster, and if you think anyone will now exchange his BTC for Blocknet @ 0.00025 rate you are also naive. Those BTC are not coming back to the exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 1070
Merit: 1021
I'm confused. I am not a troll as i have invested quite heavy (for me personally) into BLOCK. But... i can not see how the decision of buy walls at 25k on both polo and trex is such a tough one to make? Here are my reasons:

1. You obviously believe that BLOCK will succeed, so, putting large buy walls there would only be temporary loss of BTC in your funding pot.

2. Anyone who has invested will have at least a small percentage of proof that this is not a scam and that you have faith in your own project.

3. I have read that other people are behind this buy wall at 25k idea. If nothing else this would make a lot of people rest easy on this thread.

Please don't accuse me of being a FUDster as i am not, i just think the 25k buy wall is a no lose idea (obvs if you believe that BLOCK is going to succeed) so i cant see how this is such a hard decision to make.

Fibre Knight
Bob Surplus (lol)

I am both honored and offended.
Activity: 182
There should be some sort of award for having to deal with ignorant FUD accounts.
Best advice is to just ignore them.
Activity: 700
ohhh???

Kademlia

You may have failed to notice that the post that you quoted does not assert that DHT isn't true P2P; it asserts that Kademlia - and whatever else Bittorrent uses - isn't.
If I happened not to add, for completeness of expression, that some DHT is serverless, that doesn't mean we're now using a method that isn't true P2P.

With respect to DHT, being serverless is what counts as far as I'm aware.
With respect to inter-node communication, using a P2P protocol and not RPC calls is what counts.
Lastly, it'll benefit you to recall that Dan has proposed a hybrid DHT-mesh.

Oh my bad, this was the part I think you think you thought it wasn't, I think?

Kademlia... that's distributed hash tables, aka DHT. DHT uses servers to lookup and locate nodes. Therefore it's not truly distributed, thus not P2P.

I think the benefit here, for you, is that what you're doing is done so you can do what you do best which is twisty fluff like the best of them.

which part of serverless DHT you do not get..and stealth still trolling here? you are pathetic trolling XC related stuff since may. you really trust Dark though since you do not loose one to attack competitors. What if Dark will join blocknet? Will you go outside Evan 's home trolling his family for 5 years?
Jump to: