Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 218. (Read 1103293 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Fibre Knight
synechist : you talk maybe with prom or dan , can you ask prom to talk to us??

prom talked a week back in util thread and he is a big invester from blocknet and util .
but can he let us know he is still in ??

Again, you are so full of shit lol
Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

prom talked a week back in util thread and he is a big invester from blocknet and util .
talk to us? about what? hes just another investor...maybe he already dumped i dunno  Tongue
Activity: 593
Merit: 500

Concern about the price is a concern about this apparent lack of confidence. Therefore if the team is not concerned about a drop in price then they are not concerned about a lack of confidence in their abilities to deliver.

This, to me, is overly simple. We are concerned about keeping the public in the loop about progress and about the project as a whole. We are also interested in the market-related health of the project, and are aware of its relation to the overall health of the project.

However what we are not concerned about is the sort of day-by-day "concerns" that some people here seem to be prone to (like "hmm... the Github repo hasn't been updated, therefore something must be wrong!"). If this sort of thing has an effect on the market then, well, we just can't do anything about it, because no matter how healthy a project and no matter how hard we work, there will always be room for small and speculative doubts. Selling over trifles or idle speculation is just short-sighted, and we simply don't have the time and energy to address every "concern". I encourage investors to become suitably hardened against this.

Work is ongoing; we're forming a foundation; we're well-funded to achieve what we've set out to achieve; we'll report our developments very soon; read my post history if you want more details.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying that I have doubts about your ability to deliver, or that you yourselves are not concerned about the market related health of the project - including the price. But I do not hold with the previous comments that everything is rosy if it drops to 1 sat. We can all see that just 6btc gets us back to 25 on bittrex so I myself do not believe it is a mass exodus or signals huge lack of confidence, but it is not good advertising for the moment.
Activity: 121
I.... After the ITO, the price of BLOCK could go down to 1 satoshi ....

This will never happen. This is impossible.
Because I will get 'em ALL at 0.00000002.

onealfa, you'll have to fight me for them!  Wink

when two dogs fight for a bone, and a third runs away with it.. (yea me)  Tongue
you just put yourself at the top of my list, jahl ...better sleep with one eye open  Kiss
Activity: 448
Merit: 250

when two dogs fight for a bone, and a third runs away with it.. (yea me)  Tongue
Activity: 121

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Concern about the price is a concern about this apparent lack of confidence. Therefore if the team is not concerned about a drop in price then they are not concerned about a lack of confidence in their abilities to deliver.

This, to me, is overly simple. We are concerned about keeping the public in the loop about progress and about the project as a whole. We are also interested in the market-related health of the project, and are aware of its relation to the overall health of the project.

However what we are not concerned about is the sort of day-by-day "concerns" that some people here seem to be prone to (like "hmm... the Github repo hasn't been updated, therefore something must be wrong!"). If this sort of thing has an effect on the market then, well, we just can't do anything about it, because no matter how healthy a project and no matter how hard we work, there will always be room for small and speculative doubts. Selling over trifles or idle speculation is just short-sighted, and we simply don't have the time and energy to address every "concern". I encourage investors to become suitably hardened against this.

Work is ongoing; we're forming a foundation; we're well-funded to achieve what we've set out to achieve; we'll report our developments very soon; read my post history if you want more details.

It seems to me that it's irrational to want the price of BLOCK to be higher.

BLOCK isn't a normal coin - no one is pushing for it to be accepted by merchants, no one is promoting BLOCK for charity, etc. - it's simply a receipt for supporting the ITO, and its only value is in how many NHZ assets you can exchange it for when Blocknet is a reality.

The price of BLOCK doesn't have any bearing on the project either, unless I'm mistaken; the devs are getting paid from the BTC or other supported altcoins when people paid for BLOCK in the ITO. They aren't getting paid in BLOCK, right? After the ITO, the price of BLOCK could go down to 1 satoshi with no detriment to their development efforts.

Thus, it really seems like we should be hoping for the price of BLOCK to be as low as possible, in order to scoop it up cheaply. The only reason to want the price of BLOCK to be higher is if you want to sell it for profit before Blocknet (which is valid, but I would think most holders are interested in getting paid by Blocknet's NHZ assets; otherwise why not just invest in a normal coin?).

I'm writing this because I don't understand the desire to have the devs put up a buy wall for BLOCK. If the price of BLOCK goes back to ITO price or higher, it doesn't affect the project's funding at all, but it makes it more expensive to acquire BLOCK for users, correct? Let me know if I'm missing anything.

By this argument you would be happy if the price drops to 1 sat so whatever block you are holding would be effectively worthless despite the fact that you paid twice as much for them last week as you would today. Last time I looked, the price of something was supposed to reflect the confidence the market has that you will see that return someday. Concern about the price is a concern about this apparent lack of confidence. Therefore if the team is not concerned about a drop in price then they are not concerned about a lack of confidence in their abilities to deliver. I only hold about 2000 blocks so it's not a big deal to me. But personally I would be worried. And also I would be worried about the fact that any future ITO by them (e.g. the one proposed for XC itself) would almost certainly be unsuccessful. These are all just facts, not really subject to opinion.
Activity: 382
Actually if you look at the obvious 'dump' that we are observing over the week, is not that huge. No big selling or no big buying is happening but it is showing downtrend. People are not buying because they are thinking that their buy orders would be filled. Certainly a support wall would maintain the price but none of them are visible right now. 
Activity: 235

Activity: 364
Maybe we all should focus more on promoting, do something for blocknet...suggestions on adding new coins, ideas for blocknet...instead of looking at trex prices all the time...hehe  Wink
You gotta do something for The thing, otherwise The thing won't give you nothing good back Cheesy
...and, good things comes to those who wait!

synechist
I found this new coin very interesting(my gut maybe wrong, but..), and nice wallet features specially Wink
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-xqn-quotient-financial-network-pow-scrypt-pos-blake-256-update-now-854299
Maybe nice addition to blocknet? Do I have permission to ask for joining, or give them your contact?
Just a thought...
cheers
legendary
When you were planning development budget of 850 BTC, bitcoin price was lower. On top of that, you have collected more than what you need to develop the BlockNet. Therefore, you should have excess funds that you could use for the buyback and support the price. Why don't you spend 100 BTC or so on the buyback?

Update: BTC funds will be held at the following multisig address in a BitGo wallet: 39mtqLhmPQ8WEpzFCBNHpwPvxFgFPuSDye

That is 364.38012183 BTC ~ 150 thousand USD.

Have you considered to sacrifice (bittrex 7.8 + poloniex 3.6 + bter dust) / total =
only 3% of your immense gains, to stabilize the trading back to ICO prices?

That would immediately stop a lot of complaints.

You believe in your project? Then buy up some of your coins, for cheap.

EDIT: And you probably need less BTC, once the market understands that the trend towards 0 Satioshi is reversed.

A buy wall is actually something we've considered cursorily.

It's not a bad idea -  and neither is it a bad idea for the Foundation to be invested in BLOCK.

We'll let you all know if we decide to do this. It makes a degree of sense.

(Hint: might wanna avoid selling at a loss until we respond to this...)

Activity: 462
Evening everyone

I'm off to bed, but for those who've been complaining about the apparent lack of development (and perhaps dumping), I'll offer the following:

Bear in mind that funds absolutely must be transparently spent.

Before funds can be spent, we need a budget, a timeline with milestones at which funds can be released, and a board to vote on spending.

It doesn't take a lot of imagination to guess that this takes a fair bit of work and negotiation to set up - not to mention finding/creating technologies for administrating the process.

For the most part, this is what we've been busy with, and we're excited to show you the results.

Stay tuned for details in the coming week.

(And try not to get duped by trolls.)

Cheers

Arlyn

When you were planning development budget of 850 BTC, bitcoin price was lower. On top of that, you have collected more than what you need to develop the BlockNet. Therefore, you should have excess funds that you could use for the buyback and support the price. Why don't you spend 100 BTC or so on the buyback?
Activity: 238
Evening everyone

I'm off to bed, but for those who've been complaining about the apparent lack of development (and perhaps dumping), I'll offer the following:

Before funds can be spent, we need a budget, a timeline with milestones at which funds can be released, and a board to vote on spending.

It doesn't take a lot of imagination to guess that this takes a fair bit of work and negotiation to set up - not to mention finding/creating technologies for administrating the process.

For the most part, this is what we've been busy with, and we're excited to show you the results.

Cheers

Arlyn

Well Said +1000
Activity: 1344
Merit: 502
Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

BLOCK isn't a normal coin - no one is pushing for it to be accepted by merchants, no one is promoting BLOCK for charity, etc. - it's simply a receipt for supporting the ITO, and its only value is in how many NHZ assets you can exchange it for when Blocknet is a reality.

The price of BLOCK doesn't have any bearing on the project either, unless I'm mistaken; the devs are getting paid from the BTC or other supported altcoins when people paid for BLOCK in the ITO. They aren't getting paid in BLOCK, right? After the ITO, the price of BLOCK could go down to 1 satoshi with no detriment to their development efforts.

Thus, it really seems like we should be hoping for the price of BLOCK to be as low as possible, in order to scoop it up cheaply. The only reason to want the price of BLOCK to be higher is if you want to sell it for profit before Blocknet (which is valid, but I would think most holders are interested in getting paid by Blocknet's NHZ assets; otherwise why not just invest in a normal coin?).

I'm writing this because I don't understand the desire to have the devs put up a buy wall for BLOCK. If the price of BLOCK goes back to ITO price or higher, it doesn't affect the project's funding at all, but it makes it more expensive to acquire BLOCK for users, correct? Let me know if I'm missing anything.

It is not surprising that people who spend good money on something expect to see the value hold. The long term expectation is for a gain, and even though most people understand that there is a big risk and they could lose their investment, seeing a huge drop in value right at the moment of the IPO completion is disturbing. The current trend in so much crypto for projects to be revealed as scams is always in the back of our minds.

Think of it this way; if it were the stock market the shareholders would be demanding the resignation of the chairman of the company if the stock price declines by a lot; or at least demand an explanation.

I am not trying to undermine trust in the project, I believe in it and hold a good number of the coins as well. But I do feel that it is not unreasonable for people to express concern and request action be taken to demonstrate good faith to respect their contributions to the project.

Yes....I hope this message gets to the devs.  Smiley
legendary
Evening everyone

Cheers

Arlyn

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

It is not surprising that people who spend good money on something expect to see the value hold. The long term expectation is for a gain, and even though most people understand that there is a big risk and they could lose their investment, seeing a huge drop in value right at the moment of the IPO completion is disturbing. The current trend in so much crypto for projects to be revealed as scams is always in the back of our minds.

Think of it this way; if it were the stock market the shareholders would be demanding the resignation of the chairman of the company if the stock price declines by a lot; or at least demand an explanation.

I am not trying to undermine trust in the project, I believe in it and hold a good number of the coins as well. But I do feel that it is not unreasonable for people to express concern and request action be taken to demonstrate good faith to respect their contributions to the project.
Fibre Knight

I think you were banned for being an idiot, right?
Jump to: