Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 216. (Read 1103293 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Scamichyst: banned for assaulting the community with your opinions. Try coming alongside us next time - with a new account though.

For the record, the Foundation (as a general entity) is not invested in BLOCK as it only holds ITO funds at present.

However its members are free to hold BLOCK personally, and as far as I know, we all do.

Semantically..........

There is no foundation yet..........so no question of foundation's investment...right?

But the 'would be' members of foundation has already owned BLOCKS....right?

And when foundation is formalized... foundation may own BLOCKS....right?

ooooHHHHH    it took too much time to get it... it should have been simplified....no matter.

The Foundation (which is not formalised at present) only holds ITO funds - in escrow, at a BitGo multisig address.

When it is formalised, it will still only hold ITO funds.

Soon after being formalised, it may further seek to hold BLOCK.

If it holds BLOCK, these funds will be distinct from the BLOCK that Foundation members already hold. BLOCK held by individuals is categorically different to BLOCK held by the Foundation, which would be held collectively (i.e. in a multisig address).

Activity: 382
Merit: 250
Scamichyst: banned for assaulting the community with your opinions. Try coming alongside us next time - with a new account though.

For the record, the Foundation (as a general entity) is not invested in BLOCK as it only holds ITO funds at present.

However its members are free to hold BLOCK personally, and as far as I know, we all do.

Semantically..........

There is no foundation yet..........so no question of foundation's investment...right?

But the 'would be' members of foundation has already owned BLOCKS....right?

And when foundation is formalized... foundation may own BLOCKS....right?

ooooHHHHH    it took too much time to get it... it should have been simplified....no matter.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Fibre Knight
Being invested in this coin makes me like floating where there is no air nor surface.....at least for now! It is no less or more than Gamble....

Just like bitcoin :=) Welcome home!
Activity: 382
Being invested in this coin makes me like floating where there is no air nor surface.....at least for now! It is no less or more than Gamble....

legendary
Activity: 1036
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
yes there is nothing confusing
legendary
Quite confusing...

In my opinion it's only confusing to those who would wilfully confuse matters.

Activity: 476
I´ve got a picture! Haha!

Why?! It does not make a sense and sounds more like "foundation" keeps away from BLOCK. If I were convinced that MY product have a future, I would definitelly hold it. Setting buy walls for 119 BTC (everything above minimal ICO target) would have several benefits:

1) You will show inverstors that You really believe in BlockNet
2) You will in the end (when You deliver everithing You promised) have much more funds
3) Price will be stabilized, at least for a while
4) Name it...

There are only two options - You are either blind to not see this simple logic, or BlockNet is a scam.

You come across as if you've forgotten my (numerous) expressions of interest in the Foundation to (a) owning BLOCK and (b) using a buy wall.

You also come across as if you're unaware that the Foundation has not even been formalised yet. Give us time to put everything together. Only then would it be appropriate to form the judgements you've formed above.

Quite confusing...
legendary

Why?! It does not make a sense and sounds more like "foundation" keeps away from BLOCK. If I were convinced that MY product have a future, I would definitelly hold it. Setting buy walls for 119 BTC (everything above minimal ICO target) would have several benefits:

2) You will in the end (when You deliver everithing You promised) have much more funds
4) Name it...

There are only two options - You are either blind to not see this simple logic, or BlockNet is a scam.

You come across as if you've forgotten my (numerous) expressions of interest in the Foundation to (a) owning BLOCK and (b) using a buy wall.

You also come across as if you're unaware that the Foundation has not even been formalised yet. Give us time to put everything together. Only then would it be appropriate to form the judgements you've formed above.

Activity: 476
I´ve got a picture! Haha!

4) Name it...

legendary

Fibre Knight
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
no Xnode...

The team has described XC as, "open source on a timeline".  I don't believe any other details exist publicly.

There is Rev1 mixer is open source but is ages behind the current tek
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010
no Xnode...

The team has described XC as, "open source on a timeline".  I don't believe any other details exist publicly.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
Is the dev team behind this project publically known (with their real world ids)?

Is there a whitepaper or some other more specific documentation about the technology that is part of this?

Dan Metcalf and I have made our identities public.

There's no whitepaper, but there is Dan's (and XC's) reputation of delivering the goods, on schedule, since its inception.

How is the XC project related to this one?

And what base technology / code you want to use? Do you fork some other project or will it be entirely new code? If it is new code what security algo do you use (pow, pos) how does it differ from others?

The Blocknet will be largely new code, since it's for a rather different purpose to what XC is for.

However at present the plan is to adapt XC's Xnode protocol (end-to-end encrypted P2P protocol) for the XBridge. It'll be used in conjunction with Telehash in a hybrid DHT-mesh architecture - and it will be completely serverless.

The interim wallet is PoS. I'm currently unaware of how often the final tech will actually need its own blockchain, since the idea is to network nodes of different blockchains together. These chains are a resource and it makes no sense to either duplicate them in the Blocknet's own chain, or to use a new chain when the old ones may suffice. However if it needs its own chain for anything, it'll almost certainly be a PoS chain.

Do you have the github link to xnode handy?

https://github.com/atcsecure?tab=repositories

no Xnode...
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010
Is the dev team behind this project publically known (with their real world ids)?

Is there a whitepaper or some other more specific documentation about the technology that is part of this?

There's no whitepaper, but there is Dan's (and XC's) reputation of delivering the goods, on schedule, since its inception.

And what base technology / code you want to use? Do you fork some other project or will it be entirely new code? If it is new code what security algo do you use (pow, pos) how does it differ from others?

The Blocknet will be largely new code, since it's for a rather different purpose to what XC is for.

However at present the plan is to adapt XC's Xnode protocol (end-to-end encrypted P2P protocol) for the XBridge. It'll be used in conjunction with Telehash in a hybrid DHT-mesh architecture - and it will be completely serverless.

The interim wallet is PoS. I'm currently unaware of how often the final tech will actually need its own blockchain, since the idea is to network nodes of different blockchains together. These chains are a resource and it makes no sense to either duplicate them in the Blocknet's own chain, or to use a new chain when the old ones may suffice. However if it needs its own chain for anything, it'll almost certainly be a PoS chain.

https://github.com/atcsecure?tab=repositories
Fibre Knight

These are the type of questions I would expect to see. Stuff with real merit to it.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126

legendary

Activity: 441

Jump to: