Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 226. (Read 1103293 times)

Activity: 211
Merit: 100
Do you guys think we have reached our final floor (price wise)?. Up trend from here onwards ??

Why is everybody so fixated on the price? it's obvious this going to rise in the future when the tech is delivered..

Price = Psychology unfortunately and people will always pay attention to it. Regardless that we are all in, for the long haul.
Activity: 566
Merit: 500
Do you guys think we have reached our final floor (price wise)?. Up trend from here onwards ??

Why is everybody so fixated on the price? it's obvious this going to rise in the future when the tech is delivered..
Activity: 211
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Is the proof of concept out yet, or can we expect any new things to be released?

You can keep track of progress on the XBridge here: https://github.com/atcsecure/xbridge

The interim wallet is here: https://github.com/atcsecure/blocknet

If new repos are created I'll put the word out.

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

And BTC, before you freak out, understand that the #1 address is the burn address and the other top addies are probably exchanges.
Oh I was hoping I would be #1 but Im in top 20 so not bad  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 868
Is the proof of concept out yet, or can we expect any new things to be released?
Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

And BTC, before you freak out, understand that the #1 address is the burn address and the other top addies are probably exchanges.
is there a richlist for blocknet  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1470
cryptocollectorsclub.com
One question .....What is the difference between SuperNet and BlockNet  Shocked

Supernet is expensive with higher marketcap coins, Blocknet is much cheaper with lower marketcap coins. There are some differences in the technology and distribution models as well.

If you ignore the constant scam accusations, mostly from people holding other coins trying to protect us poor innocent crypto speculators, Blocknet and the coins in it have more upward potential. It will take time for development for Supernet and Blocknet, and volatility is normal. Blocknet is also more decentralized, but, Supernet has a lot more funding. I think they are both very interesting projects and I hold some coins in both of them.
legendary
Yes I'm kinda new to BlockNet but I love the idea and I will be glad to support CRAIGs-BlockNet integration.

good to see, whatever coin confident in his tec will benefit hugely from the advertising effect from blocknet no matter if similar coins compete on the network some time down the road.

Thanks very much for getting in touch CraigsCoin. I think your project will do very well on the Blocknet.

Feel free to stay in touch with us - either on this thread or through PM.

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
One question .....What is the difference between SuperNet and BlockNet  Shocked

They are different but also similar in some sense. That's why Blocknet is way undervalued at approx 1000BTC market cap with Supernet at 7000 BTC.
legendary

Quite a lot actually, though the differences are fairly technical. I've got about 3 pages worth of responses on that topic.

I'll try distil them into a new FAQ item soon.

Activity: 238
I agree for craigcoin added
 Grin
Make blocknet more stronger value and security
legendary
Activity: 2310

Yes I feel like CRAIG is a perfect candidate for BlockNet (especially because CRAIGs block chain tech is done and will not require hardforking/mandatory updates anytime soon). If there is something required from my side - I would love to answer any questions and support CRAIG integration.

Welcome , great to see more and more want to join Blocknet Smiley

A question :

If, Blocknet project starts, are there any other coins which have said they want to be part of it ?

Yes, lots have. I get a lot of PMs. :-)

Once the Foundation's Board is in place, we'll establish procedures for ratifying coins. We'll also publish a  schedule of regular meetings, at which coins can propose to develop Blocknet-relevant technology and apply for funding.

At this stage, we'll be in a position to consider adding new coins to the Blocknet. May there be many!

Activity: 882
good to see, whatever coin confident in his tec will benefit hugely from the advertising effect from blocknet no matter if similar coins compete on the network some time down the road.
Activity: 126
CraigsCoin Dev

I'm not sure, but Mr. Obama would be mistaken if he were to think that the internet fell under US jurisdiction.

It's a continual source of bafflement to me that US institutions so often appear unaware of their merely national authority.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/feb/28/seven-people-keys-worldwide-internet-security-web

The internet as we know is placed in the US, it is way more centralized than most people know. This is why we need blockchain tech on a platform other than the big fiber lines infrastructure.

How could this happen.  Could websites be built inside the blocknet somehow? Web 3.0?

XC should commence developing its web 3.0 distributed content server very soon. It'll serve anything from webpages, ads, and personal files from XC nodes.

And of course any Blocknet-enabled node will be able to use this service.

Great. Is there a thread here where I can read up on xc and web 3.0 a bit more?

Yes, XC's thread is here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xcxcurrency-decentralised-trustless-privacy-platform-encrypted-xchat-pos-630547

And the press release on the distributed content server is here: http://downloads.xc-official.com/images/14-08-22%20XC%20pioneers%20Web%203.0%20with%20blockchain-based%20content%20delivery.pdf

Ads in the blockchain has been developed by CraigsCoin. Why don't you add it to the BlockNet?

Maybe. I don't know...

That doesn't sound like a good idea though. A blockchain is not the sort of thing to store content. Imagine the bloat!

Content should be indexed in the blockchain and stored, encrypted, on the local storage accessible to multiple nodes in such a way that not even the nodes know what they're storing.

Only text is stored. Bloat becomes an issue as a long-term solution, however the tech is already there. Why develop new from scratch if you can develop the existing one?

Good question, but it's not one I can answer since I'm not XC's dev and I also know nothing about Craigscoin. There are innumerable variables that could affect such a decision.

Will you ask the Craigscoin people to consider joining the Blocknet?

Hello. I am CraigsCoin dev. Please allow me a few words about content stored in blockchain. I understand that blockchain is not suppose to store large amounts of date, but it still can store small text messages and links. Basically what CraigsCoin does - it allows every user to post short advertising message that will be stored within blockchain and can be viewed via online listing service. (see example at list.craigscoin.info). The message maximum length is not that big and will not have serious impact on the blockchain (in fact normal transactions will probably still fill 90% of the blockchain volume). Basically it is CraigsList packed in Blockchain. Anybody anywhere can use open-source web service to bring up local ad board, that is fully decentralized and absolutely can not be affected by any local laws or regulations. If your site taken down - someone else will bring up other. Or site owner can modify website to show only specific ads (for example only show ads from certain category).

And the best part - the coin is 100% functional. The listing site is 100% open source and there is API that can be used by 3d party devs. 

would love to see this on blocknet, PLUS the XC content delivery approach and many other, let the net grow Smiley
I think ads on blockchain is an unique feature that has been offered by craigscoin. Blocknet dev, plz consider this offer to join craigscoin to blocknet.........
Offcourse you can have your terms......but craigscoin has been alive there with unique feature of ads on blockchain....

Yes I'm kinda new to BlockNet but I love the idea and I will be glad to support CRAIGs-BlockNet integration.
Activity: 382
Merit: 250

I'm not sure, but Mr. Obama would be mistaken if he were to think that the internet fell under US jurisdiction.

It's a continual source of bafflement to me that US institutions so often appear unaware of their merely national authority.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/feb/28/seven-people-keys-worldwide-internet-security-web

The internet as we know is placed in the US, it is way more centralized than most people know. This is why we need blockchain tech on a platform other than the big fiber lines infrastructure.

How could this happen.  Could websites be built inside the blocknet somehow? Web 3.0?

XC should commence developing its web 3.0 distributed content server very soon. It'll serve anything from webpages, ads, and personal files from XC nodes.

Yes, XC's thread is here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xcxcurrency-decentralised-trustless-privacy-platform-encrypted-xchat-pos-630547

And the press release on the distributed content server is here: http://downloads.xc-official.com/images/14-08-22%20XC%20pioneers%20Web%203.0%20with%20blockchain-based%20content%20delivery.pdf

Ads in the blockchain has been developed by CraigsCoin. Why don't you add it to the BlockNet?

Maybe. I don't know...

That doesn't sound like a good idea though. A blockchain is not the sort of thing to store content. Imagine the bloat!

Content should be indexed in the blockchain and stored, encrypted, on the local storage accessible to multiple nodes in such a way that not even the nodes know what they're storing.

Only text is stored. Bloat becomes an issue as a long-term solution, however the tech is already there. Why develop new from scratch if you can develop the existing one?

Good question, but it's not one I can answer since I'm not XC's dev and I also know nothing about Craigscoin. There are innumerable variables that could affect such a decision.

Hello. I am CraigsCoin dev. Please allow me a few words about content stored in blockchain. I understand that blockchain is not suppose to store large amounts of date, but it still can store small text messages and links. Basically what CraigsCoin does - it allows every user to post short advertising message that will be stored within blockchain and can be viewed via online listing service. (see example at list.craigscoin.info). The message maximum length is not that big and will not have serious impact on the blockchain (in fact normal transactions will probably still fill 90% of the blockchain volume). Basically it is CraigsList packed in Blockchain. Anybody anywhere can use open-source web service to bring up local ad board, that is fully decentralized and absolutely can not be affected by any local laws or regulations. If your site taken down - someone else will bring up other. Or site owner can modify website to show only specific ads (for example only show ads from certain category).

And the best part - the coin is 100% functional. The listing site is 100% open source and there is API that can be used by 3d party devs. 

would love to see this on blocknet, PLUS the XC content delivery approach and many other, let the net grow Smiley
I think ads on blockchain is an unique feature that has been offered by craigscoin. Blocknet dev, plz consider this offer to join craigscoin to blocknet.........
Offcourse you can have your terms......but craigscoin has been alive there with unique feature of ads on blockchain....
Activity: 126
CraigsCoin Dev

How could this happen.  Could websites be built inside the blocknet somehow? Web 3.0?

Maybe. I don't know...

Yes I feel like CRAIG is a perfect candidate for BlockNet (especially because CRAIGs block chain tech is done and will not require hardforking/mandatory updates anytime soon). If there is something required from my side - I would love to answer any questions and support CRAIG integration.
Jump to: