Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 312. (Read 1103293 times)

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537
what about just cancelling blocknet?
my xc's would like that
so that xc would be again 100% backed by dan ...only thing encouraging to hodl

XC is still 100% backed by Dan, with or without Bolcknet.
For anyone who's unaware: The refund offered by Bittrex is solely to do with other exchanges such as poloniex opening trading during the ITO. This was against the terms of Bittrex's rules so they want to be fair to investors who bought in on the basis that tokens wouldn't be open for trading during the ITO. The offer of refunds has absolutely nothing to do with the unfounded scam claims of the SDC trolls clique.

That's the way I understand it too.  Poloniex definitely threw a wrench into the works by allowing trading during the ITO.

Edit:  Not to mention that there is some other exchange that is also actively trading Block.  I can't remember their name, but iirc, they announced it here in this thread.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
what about just cancelling blocknet?
my xc's would like that
so that xc would be again 100% backed by dan ...only thing encouraging to hodl
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
For anyone who's unaware: The refund offered by Bittrex is solely to do with other exchanges such as poloniex opening trading during the ITO. This was against the terms of Bittrex's rules so they want to be fair to investors who bought in on the basis that tokens wouldn't be open for trading during the ITO. The offer of refunds has absolutely nothing to do with the unfounded scam claims of the SDC trolls clique.
REFUNDS:

Thanks for asking questions about refunds folks.

There are a few ways in which we could issue them:

- Bittrex's 48hr buy wall will be in place for Bittrex customers.

- Following this, if the Blocknet does not achieve its minimum amount of funding, the remaining BLOCK on Bittrex will be refunded with BTC.

- All BLOCK bought on CoinGateway can then be refunded using their transaction history.

- Finally, the remaining BLOCK can be withdrawn to users' wallets. From there, it is easy to prove ownership of coins by signing a message:
      - A message containing the user's BTC address can be signed by the private key holding the user's BLOCK, and sent (over, say, email) to us.
      - The user then pays BLOCK to an address we provide
      - Upon receipt of the BLOCK we match the message with the address the BLOCK was sent from, and return BTC to the address in the message.

If the latter suggestion is too time-consuming or complicated, we could just put up a buy wall on Polo and Bter for 48 hours.

I think if there is going to be a refund (due to the minimum not being met), then it would have to be through a buy wall.  I bought my Block tokens through Coingateway (with XC) and had them in my wallet in a few minutes.  Since Poloniex is actively trading Block, then I could have sent by Coingateway Block tokens to Poloni and sold them there.  If you then refund based on Coingateway's transaction history, I would get my refunded XC even though I had already sold my Block on Poloniex. 

Is that possible?  Or would Coingateway first verify that the original address that they sent the Block to still retained the initial amount before issuing a refund?

Yeah, that is going to be a mess if you have traded a lot of block already.

It is.  I haven't sold any, but you know there are Coingateway tokens that have been sold on Poloniex so issuing a refund without verifying ownership of Block can't happen.  I think Bittrex is taken care of.  From what I understand trading will be frozen during the 48 hour refund window so people won't be able to deposit or withdraw.  Is it the same with Bter?  I think it is (i.e., deposit and withdraw are frozen).

Poloniex is the only sticky point and really messed up by allowing trading.  IMO.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1000
REFUNDS:

- Following this, if the Blocknet does not achieve its minimum amount of funding, the remaining BLOCK on Bittrex will be refunded with BTC.

- All BLOCK bought on CoinGateway can then be refunded using their transaction history.

- Finally, the remaining BLOCK can be withdrawn to users' wallets. From there, it is easy to prove ownership of coins by signing a message:
      - A message containing the user's BTC address can be signed by the private key holding the user's BLOCK, and sent (over, say, email) to us.
      - Upon receipt of the BLOCK we match the message with the address the BLOCK was sent from, and return BTC to the address in the message.

If the latter suggestion is too time-consuming or complicated, we could just put up a buy wall on Polo and Bter for 48 hours.

Too much complicated
I am holding not selling and not getting refund

Smiley
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
REFUNDS:

Too much complicated
I am holding not selling and not getting refund
Activity: 196
Fibre Knight
REFUNDS:

I think if there is going to be a refund (due to the minimum not being met), then it would have to be through a buy wall.  I bought my Block tokens through Coingateway (with XC) and had them in my wallet in a few minutes.  Since Poloniex is actively trading Block, then I could have sent by Coingateway Block tokens to Poloni and sold them there.  If you then refund based on Coingateway's transaction history, I would get my refunded XC even though I had already sold my Block on Poloniex. 

Is that possible?  Or would Coingateway first verify that the original address that they sent the Block to still retained the initial amount before issuing a refund?

Yeah, that is going to be a mess if you have traded a lot of block already.
REFUNDS:

Activity: 387
REFUNDS:

Thanks for the update.  Hopefully it won't need to come to this.  HODL!
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
REFUNDS:

Activity: 199
Buys increasing @ polo and orders under sell wall @ 25k getting thiner Smiley
Activity: 238
This is messed up
Give everyone's fund back no matter bought from bter or bittrex or poloniex or coingateway
I bought selling my precious coin thinking blocknet will be huge
I don't want refund of my ito period
if you refund some refund everyone and shut down this project

Not to worry, this project will move forward. I will be waiting with additional BTC on all exchanges to buy what you don't want. Please note, you do NOT have to refund. Just don't do anything. Just sit there with holdings and enjoy what is to come.

Oh ok thanks for answer
I thought even if you don't want to sell they still will automatically sell it and refund us on bittrex
That's why I was afraid
I do believe in this project and hope it goes to the moon
$25 per block
I'm with you both.  I'm not selling.  I have a decent chunk, and I'm a firm believer in the project.  I was just thinking of the what ifs.  That's the only reason I want to see numbers from each exchange.  I'm assuming we have nothing to worry about, but the certainty would feel much better.

Me too. I keep accumulating cheap BLOCK's on poloniex. Got some at  <20K there. Unbelievable.
VIVA POLONIEX !!!  Luv  'em  Smiley

Hehe i got some @ 18 & 19k @ polo  Grin

Not so much BLOCK was traded under 20k maybe about 2500 BLOCK but I got some of them too :-)

You both are lucky.  I was only able to get about 100 below 20k.  Then 1,000 right at 20k, and 7,000 right at 21.5k

Think about this.  If the final tally of BLOCK sold is 1100 BTC, that means the supply would only be 4.4 million. 
Activity: 199
I'm with you both.  I'm not selling.  I have a decent chunk, and I'm a firm believer in the project.  I was just thinking of the what ifs.  That's the only reason I want to see numbers from each exchange.  I'm assuming we have nothing to worry about, but the certainty would feel much better.

Me too. I keep accumulating cheap BLOCK's on poloniex. Got some at  <20K there. Unbelievable.
VIVA POLONIEX !!!  Luv  'em  Smiley

Hehe i got some @ 18 & 19k @ polo  Grin

Not so much BLOCK was traded under 20k maybe about 2500 BLOCK but I got some of them too :-)
The smear campaign has only reinforced my belief that this is the project to be in. The extent to which the SDC trolls have gone to is quite astonishing and shows they see this as a huge threat to their own agenda. Without the smear campaign ALL tokens would've sold out by now. From a selfish point of view this actually works to my benefit as my tokens will approximately double in value from my original estimates.

+1.  On all accounts.
Activity: 2008
Merit: 768

VIVA POLONIEX !!!  Luv  'em  Smiley

Hehe i got some @ 18 & 19k @ polo  Grin
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
The smear campaign has only reinforced my belief that this is the project to be in. The extent to which the SDC trolls have gone to is quite astonishing and shows they see this as a huge threat to their own agenda. Without the smear campaign ALL tokens would've sold out by now. From a selfish point of view this actually works to my benefit as my tokens will approximately double in value from my original estimates.
Activity: 235

VIVA POLONIEX !!!  Luv  'em  Smiley
Activity: 196
Fibre Knight
This is messed up
Give everyone's fund back no matter bought from bter or bittrex or poloniex or coingateway
I bought selling my precious coin thinking blocknet will be huge
I don't want refund of my ito period
if you refund some refund everyone and shut down this project

Not to worry, this project will move forward. I will be waiting with additional BTC on all exchanges to buy what you don't want. Please note, you do NOT have to refund. Just don't do anything. Just sit there with holdings and enjoy what is to come.
Jump to: