Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MEOW] Kittehcoin launched ! Come get some MEOW now. U haz it! DOGE sad. - page 89. (Read 246073 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
I agree the Gravity Well difficulty adjustment system is pretty awesome, but MEOW shouldn't have problems anywhere near like what we saw with CAT.  Current block targets at 30 seconds and diff readjustment at 1 hour (every 120 blocks) is pretty quick.  Even if we did get slammed really hard with multipool traffic, it would take a hashrate shift several orders of magnitude in size to get the diff out of whack for more than several hours (or a day at most).
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
By the way... a relaunch, if successful, will draw the multipools for a while at least, causing the difuiculty to spike and then they will bail and the stragglers will be stuck until the new difficulty is set. The way to deal with this is not a hard fork like catcoin did (which solved nothing, just dropped diff really low, made the miners come back, made them a bunch of quick CAT and then diff spiked and they rolled... (duh!)) but rather an intelligent difficulty adjustment algo.

Remember: difficulty exists for one basic reason - to make the creation of new coins come out on a specific schedule. That's it. If readjustment takes too long, that schedule will get out of whack.. Multipools wreak havoc on long diff adjustments. They take advantage of the low diff until it adjusts to the level they forced it to, and then they leave. This is just them exploiting the current algo (no harm, no foul, just business).

Megacoin appears to use what is known as the gravity well. If you are older than 12 and don't have the attention span of a twitter post, it is absolutely worth reading. You might actually learn something (sorry, that's the grumpy old man preemptively blasting all the jerks who whine about reading a page of text). The thread below actually includes the CODE to the ALGO.

I strongly suggest the devs especially take a look at this. Whether they choose to implement it or not is their deal, but knowledge is power.

https://forum.megacoin.co.nz/index.php?topic=893.0

Very very good point and thanks for the link.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
By the way... a relaunch, if successful, will draw the multipools for a while at least, causing the difuiculty to spike and then they will bail and the stragglers will be stuck until the new difficulty is set. The way to deal with this is not a hard fork like catcoin did (which solved nothing, just dropped diff really low, made the miners come back, made them a bunch of quick CAT and then diff spiked and they rolled... (duh!)) but rather an intelligent difficulty adjustment algo.

Remember: difficulty exists for one basic reason - to make the creation of new coins come out on a specific schedule. That's it. If readjustment takes too long, that schedule will get out of whack.. Multipools wreak havoc on long diff adjustments. They take advantage of the low diff until it adjusts to the level they forced it to, and then they leave. This is just them exploiting the current algo (no harm, no foul, just business).

Megacoin appears to use what is known as the gravity well. If you are older than 12 and don't have the attention span of a twitter post, it is absolutely worth reading. You might actually learn something (sorry, that's the grumpy old man preemptively blasting all the jerks who whine about reading a page of text). The thread below actually includes the CODE to the ALGO.

I strongly suggest the devs especially take a look at this. Whether they choose to implement it or not is their deal, but knowledge is power.

https://forum.megacoin.co.nz/index.php?topic=893.0
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
I've lurked on here since the launch, and figured I'd pipe in now...

This coin is not doing better for a few resons:
1. They are easy to mine (diff is low) so there are tons of them
2. You can't do anything with them except trade for other coins.

The major thing making BitCoin hold value... first it was hope - geeks saw a new way to conduct wealth transfer for goods and services. Next it was (and is) utility - stores are accepting BitCoin now, aka you can DO SOMETHING with it. Until there is a way for these bits to be "spent" in some way, they are only good for speculation and hot potato "sell to the next idiot for more than I can buy back later". Telling people not to sell, tweeting prices, or any other nonsense is just wasted time and hot air. MEOWs don't pay the rent (yet). We need services and reasons for people to use the damned stuff. Today it's just a proxy for other coins with value - and it's a proxy in a crowded space (MOON, CAT, TIPS, BLAH BLAH BLAH)...

We all want this coin to be successful in some way, but how we get there is by making the coin worth bothering with - not trying to prop up the price with hot air. If you were new to cryptos, why, right now, would you buy MEOW instead of DOGE other than to speculate that it will magically be worth more later...just because...

I know the devs have been hinting at "big cool things" and that is AWESOME. But until one or more big awesome things happen, this coin is just hanging out.

My opinon, feel free to refute.

ManDrone

I must agree with you totally on this.
You might be a jr member with only two posts , but this one has more reason and insight that 1000 posts of the hype driven idiots around here.
legendary
Blackjack.fun

You're totally right, and we have things coming but I don't want to pre-emptively announce anything. When we relaunch this coin/website/wiki you will also see the new sites and services announced. Right now I can tell you for sure we will have an android app for monitoring the price, a kittehdice game is already under way, we are working on kittehpoker and we are trying to launch coincontrol with the new release 0.8.6 alongside the relaunch. We will provide more info when we can the reason we are keeping sorta quiet is we don't want to risk a repeat of the initial launch, promising more than we can deliver. We will deliver, and then see how kitteh does!

Sorry but you don't understand. Meow has nothing special , it's just a clone  , and your list is just a clone of what other coins aim for.
Unless you get something really unique and that others including the "big guys" don't have , it is meaningless.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.
Looks like coined up is removing the moon/btc and meow/blc pairs .

Tbh got on way too early, but what can you do.

It did get on there way too soon Sad

Yep. dead markets. Just too many coins and too soon.
Shouldn't MEOW bounce back ? It's a cat after all  , although it's a dead frozen one.

No likely unless there's a significant amount more activity around the coin. Just too many people willing to dump them. Ironic really. Everyone's greed has made it essentially worthless.

It would be smart to buy in 10 mill or so at a couple of satoshi for a rainy day, but it's a coin to sit on and wait.

Yup and yup. We are hoping through giveaways and promotion we can spread the wealth. We also have games and other ways to spend MEOW planned.

I know the devs have been hinting at "big cool things" and that is AWESOME. But until one or more big awesome things happen, this coin is just hanging out.

ManDrone

You're totally right, and we have things coming but I don't want to pre-emptively announce anything. When we relaunch this coin/website/wiki you will also see the new sites and services announced. Right now I can tell you for sure we will have an android app for monitoring the price, a kittehdice game is already under way, we are working on kittehpoker and we are trying to launch coincontrol with the new release 0.8.6 alongside the relaunch. We will provide more info when we can the reason we are keeping sorta quiet is we don't want to risk a repeat of the initial launch, promising more than we can deliver. We will deliver, and then see how kitteh does!

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.
can someone push to get this listed on BTC38, chinese love meme's and would love this coin. There are some very obscure coins listed on BTC38 that are doing VERY VERY WELL>

Oh we will with the relaunch, they will love the new logo!

Hello there, just sent you 100K donation for doing an awesome job.  Can you give us a timeline on some of the progress the devs have been recently making?  It would help promote and keep people actively interested.  I'm sure people want to feel confident in MEOW and an occasional update on progreess would make them happy.  Smiley Awesome job btw.  Thanks.

Thank you! I'll put it in the donation pool so that we can continue to build out KittehCoin! You rock!

Activity: 80
Merit: 10
I'd open an online store selling pc games for MEOW right now but with the price being so low on coinedup I'd have to be asking alot of MEOW per game (until it takes off, which it will!!)

I suppose if there's any interest I'll whip one up and see how it goes.
Activity: 45
I've lurked on here since the launch, and figured I'd pipe in now...

This coin is not doing better for a few resons:
1. They are easy to mine (diff is low) so there are tons of them
2. You can't do anything with them except trade for other coins.

The major thing making BitCoin hold value... first it was hope - geeks saw a new way to conduct wealth transfer for goods and services. Next it was (and is) utility - stores are accepting BitCoin now, aka you can DO SOMETHING with it. Until there is a way for these bits to be "spent" in some way, they are only good for speculation and hot potato "sell to the next idiot for more than I can buy back later". Telling people not to sell, tweeting prices, or any other nonsense is just wasted time and hot air. MEOWs don't pay the rent (yet). We need services and reasons for people to use the damned stuff. Today it's just a proxy for other coins with value - and it's a proxy in a crowded space (MOON, CAT, TIPS, BLAH BLAH BLAH)...

We all want this coin to be successful in some way, but how we get there is by making the coin worth bothering with - not trying to prop up the price with hot air. If you were new to cryptos, why, right now, would you buy MEOW instead of DOGE other than to speculate that it will magically be worth more later...just because...

ManDrone
Shouldn't MEOW bounce back ? It's a cat after all  , although it's a dead frozen one.

No likely unless there's a significant amount more activity around the coin. Just too many people willing to dump them. Ironic really. Everyone's greed has made it essentially worthless.

It would be smart to buy in 10 mill or so at a couple of satoshi for a rainy day, but it's a coin to sit on and wait.
legendary
Blackjack.fun
Shouldn't MEOW bounce back ? It's a cat after all  , although it's a dead frozen one.
Yep. dead markets. Just too many coins and too soon.
legendary

Tbh got on way too early, but what can you do.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Activity: 70
Windows binary seems to be down?

Huh? Seems okay to me.
K, thanks. I'll check on it again when I can

On a good note; kittehcoinpool has paid me out! Whoop whoop!
The sellers are seriously undervaluing it, but I guess that's to be expected with such a highly inflated currency. Until sellers stop dumping it for a Satoshi, the price is never going to rise. There just aren't enough buyers to eat into that 2 satoshi wall, and looking so utterly devalued means nobody is that intererested in buying it for less than a satoshi.

The coin just isn't distributed enough. Either price needs to come down to a satoshi, or buyers need to start paying two satoshi.

If enough buyers bothered to shift to 2 Satoshis the increased scarcity at 1 satoshie would increase the buys.

One way of achieving this is by mass PM or email, get the pools involved as well. As everyone to shift their sell walls to 2 and above. Get this coin moving. The pools have a lot of weight they can pull to help this coin. Don't see why they couldn't help.

1 satoshi to 2 satoshi is DOUBLE price difference. This needs to be moved to LTC or XPM market so buyers and sellers have possibility to agree on price.

Agreed, the BTC market can't last much longer at this price.  Oddly enough there seems to be alot of holdouts, not very many willing to sell @ 1 satoshi, the buy list @ 1 has been pretty large for days now.  Volume overall on BTC market is getting very low.  I am buying up all I can @ 2 satoshi but me alone is not enough

I would hate to see the BTC market go with all the things we have planned for this coin in the coming days, but if no one is trading it, I'm afraid CoinedUp will remove this trading pair and we'll be stuck trading with LTC and DOGE (definitely not my preference).

Activity: 35
The sellers are seriously undervaluing it, but I guess that's to be expected with such a highly inflated currency. Until sellers stop dumping it for a Satoshi, the price is never going to rise. There just aren't enough buyers to eat into that 2 satoshi wall, and looking so utterly devalued means nobody is that intererested in buying it for less than a satoshi.

The coin just isn't distributed enough. Either price needs to come down to a satoshi, or buyers need to start paying two satoshi.

If enough buyers bothered to shift to 2 Satoshis the increased scarcity at 1 satoshie would increase the buys.

One way of achieving this is by mass PM or email, get the pools involved as well. As everyone to shift their sell walls to 2 and above. Get this coin moving. The pools have a lot of weight they can pull to help this coin. Don't see why they couldn't help.

1 satoshi to 2 satoshi is DOUBLE price difference. This needs to be moved to LTC or XPM market so buyers and sellers have possibility to agree on price.

If enough sellers bothered to shift to 2 Satoshis the increased scarcity at 1 satoshi would increase the buys.

One way of achieving this is by mass PM or email, get the pools involved as well. Ask everyone to shift their sell walls to 2 and above. Get this coin moving. The pools have a lot of weight they can pull to help this coin. Don't see why they couldn't help. Surely it would be in their best interests.
legendary
Activity: 70
Windows binary seems to be down?
Pages:
Jump to: