Author

Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized! - page 208. (Read 547569 times)

Activity: 611
Merit: 500
I have a mining question I'm  running windows 10 pro with ethminer-opencl-0.9.41 .I can only get it to mine with one card installed i don't know if it's the cards or my bat.file that's keeping it from mining with both cards installed  my main card is AMD 7990 with 6 gigs of memory on the card  and the other card is a AMD 7700 with 2 gigs of memory on the card .Could it be the differences  in the cards or my bat.file  which is   " ethminer -G -F http://shift.suprnova.cc:3000/Daveeoff.5/50 "
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
Seems like a relaunch is not an option.

So how you going to fund it all? Imho it seems we back to original situation.

In any case, I would suggest focusing on developing unique value to the coin, as Shift clearly lost the first mover advantage, especially after the last EXP explosion.
Being the "first" fork no longer going to cut it - I suggest reading the Expanse blog:
http://blog.expanse.tech/post/139063063273/being-ethereum-by-james-clayton-out-of-all-the
Activity: 414
Merit: 250
I am curious what will be presented at Dev's statement.

It would be great if he will be able to describe vision of pure leadership with settled goals as clear as possible.

Waiting for tomorrow. Hope his thougths are bright and constructive.
Also I am expecting it won't be just list of purchasing, I mean "we need 100 000 or 150 000 to provide server" and so on.
If so, the troubles could be seen.

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
Maybe I can help with something (server, web). It needs just constructive discussion.
Activity: 458
A website?  Jesus.. is that Your recipe for a successfull launch?  No time to argument this.

The recipe, no! An ingredient, certainly! I helps build trust. It helps being listed on exchanges, Poloniex for example.

Quote from Poloniex website
How can I get a coin listed on Poloniex?

You can submit your request using our Coin Request Form.

Poloniex reviews coin submissions and makes decisions based on several criteria. Where applicable, a coin must have:

A block explorer
    A website
    A unique genesis block
    A compiled wallet

We also conduct a thorough code review before a coin is added on our exchange. In addition, we like to see evidence of the developers' dedication to the project, community interest, and above all else, innovation. If you feel your coin is truly innovative, we want to hear about it.

Poloniex never requests payments to list coins. If you are contacted by any party soliciting payments while claiming to represent Poloniex, please notify us at [email protected] immediately.
Activity: 483
Merit: 510
The Shift Team
i dont like the idea of a shift 2.0 too because its for me like a new coin and shift is shift and we have the history to be the worlds first official eth fork.

im sure we all can find a good way here for a sucess of shift:)

i personally like the pos idea, in this case if we have like 100k shift for an development fund (call it whatever you want) then thats like 4,2 percent of all shifts (i calculated with 2,36 million shifts right now, is this a reasonable number?).

maybe some more people will spend shift to the development fund.

Seems like a relaunch is not an option.
The Shift Team
Dumped the premine once? are you crazy? Look at the value shift had and imagine me paying the other core members, design, hosting and the block explorer. The block explorer was like 10% of all the premine. Do not come up with bullshit that you can not back up.

Well, "dumped" may not be the best term, but still. You had been launching a coin without a website, and you expected it to gain value? Come on! Do things the right way! You first launch a coin AND a website, then it gains value, not the other way.

A website?  Jesus.. is that Your recipe for a successfull launch?  No time to argument this.
Activity: 1039

I will get back in this thread tomorrow with a list of stuff i need help with. The  reason is that i trust them (the former team members) fully. But that does not mean that we cant establish a new core team. They probably do not want to join anyway.

What the community needs to decide is;

Relaunch shift 2.0 or keep the current one. And if we keep the current one, how much funding can be collected.. I guess most people will not donate, allthough i see some very nice people currently speaking.

I'm totally against a Shift 2.0 personally. It's like creating a new coin, and/or add complexity to this one for the simple purpose of having a new premine. And how do you expect people to trust in you after having dumped yours once? I would not invest a single penny in your next project if you leave this one. Also I invested in Shift because of its scarcity. What's the point if all is diluted into more coins?
You want to be paid for your work, and that's ok, but you have to deserve it.

Well, to make this coin successful, you need to incentivize the developers behind the coin.

Having gone through the whole thread absorbing info about it's development and the Dev behind it, I now am convinced that it would be great to have the old Dev run this ship.

For that we have two choices:

1. Create a development fund of coins within this launch.
2. Have a relaunch with a % of the premined coins set aside as a development fund.

In any case, the Dev should have an understanding about how much of a fund (amount of coins) he needs to commit himself to this project and make it succeed.

I also think it might be the easiest one, to do this within the current launch, so having an estimate from the Dev would be great.

Remember: The development fund should also cover enough funds for a bounty program to have bug hunters to actively improve the system every day.

This way, I believe SHIFT can become successful.
Activity: 561
kittehcoin.info
Just my 2cents what happened to the thing called work hard and you will be rewarded at the end. Good thing is that you didn't go away and that you want to continue work. This says enough and people will stick to someone who will not just disappear. Let's not compare ICO scams here because this project can be much more. Also, I m not for an option to create SHIFT2.0.    
Dumped the premine once? are you crazy? Look at the value shift had and imagine me paying the other core members, design, hosting and the block explorer. The block explorer was like 10% of all the premine. Do not come up with bullshit that you can not back up.

Well, "dumped" may not be the best term, but still. You had been launching a coin without a website, and you expected it to gain value? Come on! Do things the right way! You first launch a coin AND a website, then it gains value, not the other way.

I will get back in this thread tomorrow with a list of stuff i need help with. The  reason is that i trust them (the former team members) fully. But that does not mean that we cant establish a new core team. They probably do not want to join anyway.

Relaunch shift 2.0 or keep the current one. And if we keep the current one, how much funding can be collected.. I guess most people will not donate, allthough i see some very nice people currently speaking.

I'm totally against a Shift 2.0 personally. It's like creating a new coin, and/or add complexity to this one for the simple purpose of having a new premine. And how do you expect people to trust in you after having dumped yours once? I would not invest a single penny in your next project if you leave this one. Also I invested in Shift because of its scarcity. What's the point if all is diluted into more coins?
You want to be paid for your work, and that's ok, but you have to deserve it.
The Shift Team
This is no whining, only the truth. I can make a new genesis block and start over... sure.

Relaunch as Shift 2.0, allowing current holders to convert?

No idea on how to do this. Would probably need help by the community. I can do it all in regerads of development. Need to contact the old team as well.

What kind of help do you need from us? If you would be more specific, I am sure many are happy to assist.

Also, for what reason do you need to contact the old team, as you were saying you could do the development by yourself? A team always is good, I would be interested to learn more about the core team members, their previous work and skills.

Thank you!

Edit: what my focus could be, is a form of making this pure PoS. So, distribution in percentage and make it PoS. I know i cant make the advance PoS that ETH currently suggests, but you could to a more standard approach. And if so, shift would be first.
This is no whining, only the truth. I can make a new genesis block and start over... sure.

No idea on how to do this. Would probably need help by the community. I can do it all in regerads of development. Need to contact the old team as well.

What kind of help do you need from us? If you would be more specific, I am sure many are happy to assist.

Also, for what reason do you need to contact the old team, as you were saying you could do the development by yourself? A team always is good, I would be interested to learn more about the core team members, their previous work and skills.

Thank you!

This is what I was thinking, too.

In the announcement, explain the reasons behind the relaunch and add a % of the original premine to put aside as a development fund for the project.

The Shift 1.0 users may convert their shares into Shift 2.0.

The only change in size of premine would be the addition of % for the development fund.

Btw: Hi and welcome back, Dev! Smiley Good job on SHIFT, you have my support.
Activity: 553
Great m4nki!

So,
Croxx: 50k
Me: 30k
Toto31: 10k
m4nki: 1k
------------
+I'm adding ~10k for giveaways throughout the next months.

Services:
website, me
block explorer, me?
German translations, m4nki

This is true m4nki, it's debatable if we must keep the original dev, but it's a tough job to find a reliable dev, I'm open to suggestions. User tx42 was suggesting he could find one. So maybe...

Edit: I also know someone who makes Dapps, so we might have new Dapps soon, but of course I can't speak for himself.
Maybe if we could raise enough money, we could have exclusive Dapps for Shift.
OK . Donation is good
i can participated in translation to two local language for free
thanks
The Shift Team

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

As i have stated, and people called me a whiner, is that the 250K premine was a problem from the start. We have ran out of funds a long time ago. EXP had 11 million premine which is held by the developers, ONLY. This is an incentive to continue development, Right now i do not have one, i can not even afford to pay for hosting of servers, a block explorer. Nothing. I can not pay any co-developers, i can not pay the designer.

The community wanted a very low premine, so i made a low one. 250 K. It lasted a month.

No new genesis block, we will build on what we have.

The fact there's no longer a premine make it a very sane coin now. You have an incredible occasion to show you were genuine in making this coin. How much would you like to continue working on it? (you can answer in PM if you wish, no problem).

As I said, I can take in charge various aspects, PR, website, and even a block explorer (might take some time and be very simple at the beginning, but it's ok)
The Shift Team
really hope we all can find a good way to bring shift back to where it belongs.
i did not was into shift from beginning, but all i can say is when we do the right things and decissions now shift could become a big project in 2016.

I am sure that shift can continue to be a good project. But i need funding, it is that simple. I have no clue how the distribution is now, it is probably skewed due to small numbers of miners.
Jump to: