Author

Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized! - page 209. (Read 547569 times)

Activity: 483
Merit: 510
The Shift Team
Great m4nki!

So,
Croxx: 50k
Me: 30k
Toto31: 10k
m4nki: 1k
------------
+I'm adding ~10k for giveaways throughout the next months.

Services:
website, me
block explorer, me?
German translations, m4nki

This is true m4nki, it's debatable if we must keep the original dev, but it's a tough job to find a reliable dev, I'm open to suggestions. User tx42 was suggesting he could find one. So maybe...

Edit: I also know someone who makes Dapps, so we might have new Dapps soon, but of course I can't speak for himself.
Maybe if we could raise enough money, we could have exclusive Dapps for Shift.

As i have stated, and people called me a whiner, is that the 250K premine was a problem from the start. We have ran out of funds a long time ago. EXP had 11 million premine which is held by the developers, ONLY. This is an incentive to continue development, Right now i do not have one, i can not even afford to pay for hosting of servers, a block explorer. Nothing. I can not pay any co-developers, i can not pay the designer.

The community wanted a very low premine, so i made a low one. 250 K. It lasted a month.

This is no whining, only the truth. I can make a new genesis block and start over... sure.
Activity: 458
Merit: 250
Great m4nki!

So,
m4nki: 1k
------------
+I'm adding ~10k for giveaways throughout the next months.

Services:
website, me
block explorer, me?
German translations, m4nki

This is true m4nki, it's debatable if we must keep the original dev, but it's a tough job to find a reliable dev, I'm open to suggestions. User tx42 was suggesting he could find one. So maybe...

Edit: I also know someone who makes Dapps, so we might have new Dapps soon, but of course I can't speak for himself.
Maybe if we could raise enough money, we could have exclusive Dapps for Shift.
Activity: 1039
i do not even know if it makes sense to give initial dev part of the collected funds.

only a dev who gave up hope or just wanted to become rich by dumping the coins at the first hype would not still have plenty of coins from the beginning.
Should be public take over made.

Crypto knows some cases where merged and taken over from one to another developer.

Of course in case if current DEV won't show up.

It's not that easy to find a competent and honest dev, and Ethereum clones are not that numerous for a reason. Last time I talked to the "current" dev by PM, he told me he still had plans for the coin. What is sure is you can't make a successfull coin without a proper website and a block explorer. I don't know what this team was thinking when it launched this project. The good news is that everything is fixable.

Now, if we can gather some coins and handle the future as a community, there's a tremendous potential! What is great with Ethereum clones is that value is driven by Dapps more than anything else. Build a killer app and the coin price soars!

There are already 70k ready to be given, we can go to 100k easily I guess. All the coins should be held by a contract as suggested before.

Edit: I also have offered to the dev to take in charge all the PR aspects so that he can focus on the dev and nothing else. I'm waiting for his reply (Last Active: January 30, 2016, 10:54:11 PM)

Edit2: what is everyone ready to give to help this revival? You don't have to give much, even 500 or 1000 SHF will help the cause. Please guys post your intention so that we have an idea. Remember that if price goes 10x,  you won't regret your donation, it's better to have 1000 coins at 10000 than 5000 at 1000, just saying.

I will give 1000 SHF, too.

Furthermore, I offer my service to translate content into German.

This is an amazing opportunity.

Let us build a community behind this coin and make it succeed.

What is happening with the initial dev?

I think holding on to the ground mission of the dev will help make this coin succeed:

Next to the internal developments we are looking to actively sponsor and incentivize a continuous and rapid evolution
of the platform via bounties and development funds
, provided from the existing premine.

This is a similar approach that Ethereum takes. They also have a bounty program for bug hunters who actively help them to continously improve and create a better and better platform with every day.

I think we should use part of the funds that we collect to design a Road Map including bounties for achieving the specific road map steps.

So let sum it up:

Also, we need to divide it in two parts:
-paying the dev
-encouraging dapps

Some may disagree here because of his past behavior, but it's obvious the dev must receive something. He's the main engine here.
Encouraging dapps is also what will drive the price up in the long term, and the best advertisement for the coin (ETH has Augur for exemple).

Other parts may appear to be useful down the road.

For now, a block explorer, and a website are crucial. I'm willing to take that in charge myself, but might need some help (writing presentation texts for the website, assets etc.)

what percentage is the best repartition between paying the dev and encouraging dapps?
im not a programmer myself, but what i can do and will do is give some of my coins to every future plans of shift.
i totally agree its better to give now some of your holdings to the future development instead of hoard them.
every donation is welcomed.

we can do alot here if we hold together.

from me now 50k coins in total, and would be really nice if some others could give some coins too maybe we can go to 150k-200k shift or even more.

so we are at 90k shift now.

and nice that you offer to do the PR aspects Maverick69.

90k?

You're adding 20k?
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
This the first Eth fork, but the price did not rise. Is that because it does not have active development?

Many reasons, but maybe you should ask why all the other eth forks have risen aswell Smiley
Activity: 222
Merit: 100
This the first Eth fork, but the price did not rise. Is that because it does not have active development?

Crypto knows some cases where merged and taken over from one to another developer.

It's not that easy to find a competent and honest dev, and Ethereum clones are not that numerous for a reason. Last time I talked to the "current" dev by PM, he told me he still had plans for the coin. What is sure is you can't make a successfull coin without a proper website and a block explorer. I don't know what this team was thinking when it launched this project. The good news is that everything is fixable.

Now, if we can gather some coins and handle the future as a community, there's a tremendous potential! What is great with Ethereum clones is that value is driven by Dapps more than anything else. Build a killer app and the coin price soars!

There are already 70k ready to be given, we can go to 100k easily I guess. All the coins should be held by a contract as suggested before.

Edit: I also have offered to the dev to take in charge all the PR aspects so that he can focus on the dev and nothing else. I'm waiting for his reply (Last Active: January 30, 2016, 10:54:11 PM)

Edit2: what is everyone ready to give to help this revival? You don't have to give much, even 500 or 1000 SHF will help the cause. Please guys post your intention so that we have an idea. Remember that if price goes 10x,  you won't regret your donation, it's better to have 1000 coins at 10000 than 5000 at 1000, just saying.
@ocminer
Can you share your config please for those who can't sync wallet?

sure, whats the command again to dump the nodes ? admin.peerInfo doesn't seem to work

admin.peers

admin.nodeInfo may be of interest as well.
Activity: 414

Sounds like great coin, just needs an active dev behind it.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

Does anyone even know who the dev is? For all we know they have been buying up SHF for dirt cheap for the past few months and is pissed off the price rose so much Tongue

Activity: 414
I can leave the pool up if there is enough interest.

I will remove the message.

I guess you made right decision.

Bless you!

Have a good day!
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo
would be really nice to see this worlds first eth clone (is it really worlds first eth clone?) back to bussiness Smiley

and also was the first gui wallet for eth protocol.
ethereum cloned shift wallet
the dev was a moron for dump and abandon this project
read from here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12230744
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
@ocminer

sure, whats the command again to dump the nodes ? admin.peerInfo doesn't seem to work
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo
Nice upward trend, +818% Grin on Bittrex!
@ocminer
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
I can leave the pool up if there is enough interest.

I will remove the message.
Jump to: