Author

Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized! - page 210. (Read 547569 times)

Activity: 611
Merit: 500
So whats going on with shift .I just happened to check my account on super nova and seen the pool is closing and pulled out 26,000 shift and sent it to My shift wallet on Bittrex not sure if its time to sell or hold on to it. I haven't set up a wallet on my pc for shift yet has the Proof-of-Stake  started yet
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004
Relaunch what though? This coin is working fine right?

Are you going to add in a new premine for a DAO? Are you planning on switching to Ethereum 2.0 Proof of Stake Casper? I hear Casper will be written in Scala and the current Solidity contract language might not work anymore.

No additional premine. It should be community funded. There could easily be 100k SHF for a DAO.

The community should reject any dev taking a premine.

I will find one that can do this for a bounty by the community paid to a DAO and released over time with community consent.

That sounds good. 100k is tons of coins.

What do you think about this version of Ethereum 2.0 being built by https://twitter.com/VladZamfir that will be PoS using pi-calculus and Scala compared to the current SHF code that is PoW, golang and solidity.

Activity: 742

Are you going to add in a new premine for a DAO? Are you planning on switching to Ethereum 2.0 Proof of Stake Casper? I hear Casper will be written in Scala and the current Solidity contract language might not work anymore.

No additional premine. It should be community funded. There could easily be 100k SHF for a DAO.

The community should reject any dev taking a premine.

I will find one that can do this for a bounty by the community paid to a DAO and released over time with community consent.

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

Activity: 756
Merit: 502
Yes. This is the only way to ensure that their isn't a repeat of what the original dev did.

Ok, I'm open to give it a try. Can we get any more responses here of people that will join the relaunch?
The dev dumped it.

Going forward, the best way to fund this coin is to have a smart contract community-funded community-escrow, like EXP has, and to reject any offers of a takeover that include an additional premine from the chain.

Q: What is the reserve? Why is there one?
A: The reserve is a set of funds managed by the Expanse Organization. These reserve funds are managed directly by the decentralized organization using smart contracts running on Expanse. The organization's funds are locked in a contract and made progressively available to the organization distributed evenly over time. 10% of the community reserve (1.1m exp) will be distributed to the foundation core slowly over time for long term development costs, with only 10% of that total available at launch to help with development and pay for initial bounties, with the rest of the foundation reserve to be slowly distributed to the team over a year using smart contracts, and the remaining 90% is to be used as determined by the Expanse Organization as a whole.

Q: How do we know the reserve won’t be dumped on an exchange?
A: The vast majority of the reserve is controlled directly by the Expanse Organization decentralized entity, and is locked with smart contracts. Any use of the Organization's funds requires the mutually voted majority between the community, developers, and advisory board. It would not be possible to sell without mutual approval. Additionally, the funds are unlocked to the organization over a distributed time frame.

So, basically create a DAO that will slowly distribute the funds to the devteam, requiring majority vote on any changes?

Yes. This is the only way to ensure that their isn't a repeat of what the original dev did.
The dev dumped it.

Going forward, the best way to fund this coin is to have a smart contract community-funded community-escrow, like EXP has, and to reject any offers of a takeover that include an additional premine from the chain.

Q: What is the reserve? Why is there one?
A: The reserve is a set of funds managed by the Expanse Organization. These reserve funds are managed directly by the decentralized organization using smart contracts running on Expanse. The organization's funds are locked in a contract and made progressively available to the organization distributed evenly over time. 10% of the community reserve (1.1m exp) will be distributed to the foundation core slowly over time for long term development costs, with only 10% of that total available at launch to help with development and pay for initial bounties, with the rest of the foundation reserve to be slowly distributed to the team over a year using smart contracts, and the remaining 90% is to be used as determined by the Expanse Organization as a whole.

Q: How do we know the reserve won’t be dumped on an exchange?
A: The vast majority of the reserve is controlled directly by the Expanse Organization decentralized entity, and is locked with smart contracts. Any use of the Organization's funds requires the mutually voted majority between the community, developers, and advisory board. It would not be possible to sell without mutual approval. Additionally, the funds are unlocked to the organization over a distributed time frame.

So, basically create a DAO that will slowly distribute the funds to the devteam, requiring majority vote on any changes?
There shouldn't be a new premine. There should be an escrowed donation fund from the community, like EXP has.

Do explain how it will work? EXP launched with 15% premine AFAIR.

The dev dumped it.

There shouldn't be a new premine. There should be an escrowed donation fund from the community, like EXP has.

Do explain how it will work? EXP launched with 15% premine AFAIR.
Tracking this one for some time, let's see if possible to quickly revive it.

Couple of questions:
1) Any other coders here?
2) Will the community be ready for hard-fork with a new pre-mine, enough to cover the services and systems?
3) Will the developer even accept new team taking control?

Who cares what the current developer wants?

He has dumped and moved on and didn't even bother buying when it was cheap.

Activity: 414
Merit: 250
Wooho,

SHF will sail without captain who espaced as first one.

Can't believe  how powerful Dagger is!
Tracking this one for some time, let's see if possible to quickly revive it.

Couple of questions:
1) Any other coders here?
2) Will the community be ready for hard-fork with a new pre-mine, enough to cover the services and systems?
3) Will the developer even accept new team taking control?
Activity: 136
Merit: 100
This is clearly a huge opportunity to revive this coin. I'll be giving 10k myself if the dev is back.
Activity: 458
This is actually a golden opportunity. The dev completely dumped his free premine. So this coin is clean.

It's only on trex. They may not want to use forked sources, but other exchanges might. We could hard code a fork and get the community to adopt the new fork. I know some devs who are very good.

The original dev did a great job here. This coin works perfectly and has some innovation. There is no reason it should stop there.

Coins are for the community. We can take this one over. It will always be the original ETH clone, do all the things that ETH does, and get them done for less money.
Let's compare:

Expanse, 11,000,000 premine with 1,100,000 available immediately. Block target 1 minute and 8 EXP block reward. 4,207,680 EXP mined per year. Time to match premine = 2 years, 7 1/2 months

Ethereum, 72,000,000 premine to prerelease investors, devs, contributors, and their foundation. Block target 15 seconds and 5 Ether block reward. 10,519,200 Ether mined (and staked in future) per year. Time to match premine = 6 years 10 months

Shift, 250,000 premine. Block target 12 seconds (in theory, its first post says average blocktime is higher) and 3 SHF block reward. 7,889,400 (theoretical) mined (or staked in future) per year. Time to match premine = 12 days.

Edit: Shift target is 11 seconds, so math is slightly off, but you get the picture.

Numbers are no longer accurate, but still, it gives a good idea of the potential...

But where is the dev? is the question!!!

If SHF has the same momentum as EXP or ETH, I'll pay him for working again lol
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Thug for life!
Let's compare:

Expanse, 11,000,000 premine with 1,100,000 available immediately. Block target 1 minute and 8 EXP block reward. 4,207,680 EXP mined per year. Time to match premine = 2 years, 7 1/2 months

Ethereum, 72,000,000 premine to prerelease investors, devs, contributors, and their foundation. Block target 15 seconds and 5 Ether block reward. 10,519,200 Ether mined (and staked in future) per year. Time to match premine = 6 years 10 months

Shift, 250,000 premine. Block target 12 seconds (in theory, its first post says average blocktime is higher) and 3 SHF block reward. 7,889,400 (theoretical) mined (or staked in future) per year. Time to match premine = 12 days.

Edit: Shift target is 11 seconds, so math is slightly off, but you get the picture.

Numbers are no longer accurate, but still, it gives a good idea of the potential...

But where is the dev? is the question!!!
Let's compare:

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
If we get any eth dev to actually put in some work on SHIFT something may happen.
Activity: 476
There isn't much to do is there? SHF is a fully working ethereum based cryptocoin. It's exactly like Ethereum and Expanse except it's 100000x cheaper right now.
Jump to: