Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 38. (Read 466803 times)

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
+ 232,276 SLR Deposited to lykke today.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/slr/address.dws?258872.htm

Someone looking to dump on lykke?
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
I agree individuals are important, but also big companies as they often supply hundreds of thousands of individuals. It would be nice though to target the crypto community more, better marketing can help with this.
legendary
Solarcoin so far has been only organic growth. Once we have Copay and wallet upgrade things will get very interesting quickly.
Activity: 89
Hello everyone,

Sunshiney's thinking is very interesting. When one sees other altcoin as deeponion that thanks to an advanced social marketing has managed to generate more than 3000 members, it becomes vital that Solarcoin develops this aspect. Today there are over 1000 Cryptocurrencies and without effective marketing, SLR has no chance to progress.

I do not agree with that, I think on the contrary that it is the individuals who are the future of SLR. Large farms do not need SLR to develop themselves. And there is only watching the development of bitcoin to realize the power of the mass.
Hello everyone,

Sunshiney's thinking is very interesting. When one sees other altcoin as deeponion that thanks to an advanced social marketing has managed to generate more than 3000 members, it becomes vital that Solarcoin develops this aspect. Today there are over 1000 Cryptocurrencies and without effective marketing, SLR has no chance to progress.
Activity: 71
My understanding and from what I see is most of the outreach is to industry and government. In terms of marketing to the public I dont think there in much of an effort right now. Reasons as I understand they are waiting on development progress before making any big push. The target seems to be more large solar instalations rather than individuals or speculators.

From an investors point of view it's frustrating as the intention is to make money quickly. There are many coins out there that focus mostly on marketing which drive up more hype.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Thank you.  I'll make my own trading decisions, however; what I need an answer to still is whether there is a professional, strategic publicity program underway and under the auspices of a professional in the field.  Good works uncommunicated are equivalent to an amazing band playing in the middle of the desert, far, far from people.  No one really cares about the good work.  No one knows. 
legendary
I'm watching the volume (2.4 BTC right now) and price drop on this coin -- and wondering if anyone has a full-time job of publicizing the coin, particularly as I compare the vol. to September 9 at 456,932.  I understand the timetable although 40 years gives me considerable pause. I've started/run 3 B2B businesses over 40 year period and I can't recall ever having a 40 year timetable for any project; the minions would get quite restless at that timetable.  I'm debating selling/holding (ST only) but as I make my decisions, what is coming into play is publicity effort.  Without any consistent strategy to stimulate and retain awareness, I do not see any reason to hold.  Might sell/return later and see if things have changed.  At this point, though, I'd like to know if there exists a publicity strategy.  From what I can see online, it appears there is very little.  Am I missing reading articles on the progress somewhere?  I've ckd facebook, twitter, cryptopanic, here, the site -- won't join Slack as I"m slacked out / too many phishing effors there also.  

Anyone care to chime in?  

I understand and empathize with "this will be great in a few years" sentiment but I can only work in the present as we do not know what will happen with any certainty in the future.  

Thanks for any feedback.

The network will increase as soon as we get the solar installers on board after the wallet is finally updated. This is where I believe the value of the coin will come in to play
More people = more utility value = higher price. Solarcoin was walked down today on low volume. The whales are not selling.

Update on wallet progress.= https://github.com/ruby32/solarcoin

legendary
Hey guys,

I have been out of the loop for a while. Is most of the discussion taking place on slack? Could I please have the link.
Cheers

http://solarcoin-group.slack.com/

If this doesn't work pm me your email and i will invite you.
Activity: 12
I'm watching the volume (2.4 BTC right now) and price drop on this coin -- and wondering if anyone has a full-time job of publicizing the coin, particularly as I compare the vol. to September 9 at 456,932.  I understand the timetable although 40 years gives me considerable pause. I've started/run 3 B2B businesses over 40 year period and I can't recall ever having a 40 year timetable for any project; the minions would get quite restless at that timetable.  I'm debating selling/holding (ST only) but as I make my decisions, what is coming into play is publicity effort.  Without any consistent strategy to stimulate and retain awareness, I do not see any reason to hold.  Might sell/return later and see if things have changed.  At this point, though, I'd like to know if there exists a publicity strategy.  From what I can see online, it appears there is very little.  Am I missing reading articles on the progress somewhere?  I've ckd facebook, twitter, cryptopanic, here, the site -- won't join Slack as I"m slacked out / too many phishing effors there also. 

Anyone care to chime in? 

I understand and empathize with "this will be great in a few years" sentiment but I can only work in the present as we do not know what will happen with any certainty in the future. 

Thanks for any feedback.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Hey guys,

I have been out of the loop for a while. Is most of the discussion taking place on slack? Could I please have the link.
Cheers
I presented SolarCoin and ElectriCChain (and block-chain) at a UK solar PV industry event last week.

The response was great, my 30 minute presentation lasted over an hour as so many people had questions.  I had to leave the stage as the next speaker was coming on, a bunch of people followed me out and we continued discussing for a while.

congratulations scarlextrik, this is a great job. We must do everything possible to make known this project.

Any news about partnerships with inverter manufacturers?
legendary
Scalextrix awesome job keep up the good work my friend!
Activity: 185
I presented SolarCoin and ElectriCChain (and block-chain) at a UK solar PV industry event last week.

The response was great, my 30 minute presentation lasted over an hour as so many people had questions.  I had to leave the stage as the next speaker was coming on, a bunch of people followed me out and we continued discussing for a while.
Activity: 168
SLR`devs make a bad marketing, cause they neglect the "bitcointalk" forum.

Each page is full of developer comments though Smiley
Activity: 145
Should be very soon the updated wallet. Hopefully by next week.

Good to hear!
legendary
Should be very soon the updated wallet. Hopefully by next week.
Activity: 32
SLR`devs make a bad marketing, cause they neglect the "bitcointalk" forum.
Activity: 32
Does anyone have an update as to when the new wallet will be available?

+ 1
Pages:
Jump to: