Author

Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth! - page 111. (Read 94854 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 107
A non technical guy in a technical world
How much did they overall collect during the ICO?
I think only like $20,000 USD. https://icostats.com/roi-since-ico has the ICO price as $0.001 × 20M coins.
Activity: 910
Merit: 253
How much did they overall collect during the ICO?
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
In here 1 % owns 99% , very risky, since the whales can dump and exit any time. BUT ! Bitcoin is the same, 1% owns 97% of coins, and so far, few investors see a problem with it.

That's nonsense, look: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xspec/#!rich It's a completely normal distribution.

Another thing is that, since developers are trying to keep their anonymity (same like Satoshi did), they can leave project any time ...

Devs can also leave if their name is known. History has shown that they can. There are no obligations to any person to do development work on an open source project.

And to the website, I like its clean, I like its not using javascript and other things that can spoil your location and IP, But I would like to see more informations about the technology, about PoSv3 how many tx/s, how tor and obfs is working, something about team. You know - more informations - more serious its going to look, same applies to exchanges. Spectre needs some good Public Relations!.

Good point, you're not the first who said that. But do you think this is more important than fixing the zero balance bug? More important than fixing wallet crashes? More important than getting a MacOS wallet? It's all done by JBG, and it has low priority right now, so it will be done at a later point.

Very misleading as you know using a rich list is a joke to prove anything. Whales still could own 99% but break down into smaller wallets
Just misrepresenting that information is very telling on the motives here by those whales that were in on the ico.

Bitter requires verification of devs identify  now.

Wow, not cool.  (I assume you mean Bittrex.)  Probably has to do with government compliance, like KYC rules.

Thank goodness we have Cryptopia.  I really like Cryptopia, and fully expect it to emerge in time as one of the top crypto exchanges worldwide.

Yes, my autocorrect always changes that. I fixed it now. I also checked Poliniex, it's the same as well. Kraken almost certainly the same too.
 Binance, shapeshift, and maybe bitfinex would list without dev identity verification, since they are active in bct and slack.  
But as Gandalf has said, there are still major improvements before the PR. And JBG is coding solo for now sooooo.... now is a great time to stock up!
Activity: 1330
Merit: 515
Coin Mage
In here 1 % owns 99% , very risky, since the whales can dump and exit any time. BUT ! Bitcoin is the same, 1% owns 97% of coins, and so far, few investors see a problem with it.

That's nonsense, look: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xspec/#!rich It's a completely normal distribution.

Another thing is that, since developers are trying to keep their anonymity (same like Satoshi did), they can leave project any time ...

Devs can also leave if their name is known. History has shown that they can. There are no obligations to any person to do development work on an open source project.

And to the website, I like its clean, I like its not using javascript and other things that can spoil your location and IP, But I would like to see more informations about the technology, about PoSv3 how many tx/s, how tor and obfs is working, something about team. You know - more informations - more serious its going to look, same applies to exchanges. Spectre needs some good Public Relations!.

Good point, you're not the first who said that. But do you think this is more important than fixing the zero balance bug? More important than fixing wallet crashes? More important than getting a MacOS wallet? It's all done by JBG, and it has low priority right now, so it will be done at a later point.
Activity: 256
Merit: 100
Bitter requires verification of devs identify  now.

Wow, not cool.  (I assume you mean Bittrex.)  Probably has to do with government compliance, like KYC rules.

Thank goodness we have Cryptopia.  I really like Cryptopia, and fully expect it to emerge in time as one of the top crypto exchanges worldwide.

This coin has a lot of risks included, but high risk - high reward in case its going to be widely adopted and used.
Totaly anonymity - total freedom, no taxes, security and etc.

And without a public face, XSPEC will not be on any major exhange. Bittrex requires verification of devs identify  now.
Activity: 51
Merit: 1

This coin has a lot of risks included, but high risk - high reward in case its going to be widely adopted and used.
Totaly anonymity - total freedom, no taxes, security and etc.

Activity: 97
Merit: 10
What do you crave?
How do I get to the Slack?

My balance shows Zero but I am supposed to have 69 coins in there Sad what's happening?
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001
Spectreproject Community Manager
Spectreproject Weekly Update ending Sunday Sept 10,2017

This will be a little shorter than usual since the recent storm conditions in our state of Florida has us (and many,many others) without power. So I’m working from my phone.

First the numbers - Slack reports 33 new members to the Spectreproject since last report. I’ll add the list when power allows.

Developer Nuts & Bolts - V1.3.2 with the zero balance fix AND a Mac wallet release. See announcements for links and details. Next up on @jbg’s agenda is the building of v1.4 that is clean build of the xspec client with a new GUI and much better code base.

@jbg also reports that @brycel is now contracted by @spectreproject and working full time this month. I’m sure you all join me in welcoming them.

Last - Several members here have suggested to me that we should find a way to raise some funds for @jbg to maintain our momentum both for development and marketing/promotion for Spectrcoin….as it becomes attractive to more and more people.

It was suggested that a ready, steady source of funds would be simply donating a small percentage of our respective stake rewards. This seemed like a great painless way for each of us to do something….or not.

This is not begging, badgering or putting the arm on anybody. Simply a suggestion. From now on I’m committing to 100 xspec a week from my staking to go to the Spectreproject.

In closing…..I appreciate everyone’s thoughts in this recent storm...happily, other than a few days of anxiety and what appears to be possibly a long time without electricity we’re fine. The Caribbean Islands and South Florida ravaged by Irma are another matter …..keep those millions of people in your thoughts and prayers.

Until Next Week,

Beachguy

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
For the first 2 days it's a couple of coins and then almost 10 days have passed and silence... all of this?

what do you mean: staking rewards?
i can confirm that my staking rewards are rolling in just fine the last 10 days
Activity: 238
Merit: 101
FrontEnd developer
For the first 2 days it's a couple of coins and then almost 10 days have passed and silence... all of this?
RKh
Activity: 406
Merit: 102
Wallet is a beauty, dropped these nodes in Spectrecoin.conf for an excellent connection:

https://novaexchange.com/addnodes/XSPEC/

I can get connected before 28th August in China. But since then, I can't connet and sync with several pc.
Who suffers the same problem?

Please join XSPEC Slack, there are devs answering questions on support channel

Thanks for reporting
Activity: 320
Merit: 250
Wallet is a beauty, dropped these nodes in Spectrecoin.conf for an excellent connection:

https://novaexchange.com/addnodes/XSPEC/

I can get connected before 28th August in China. But since then, I can't connet and sync with several pc.
Who suffers the same problem?
Yes that makes sense now, thank you
Activity: 274
Merit: 254
Srqrebel, I believe you are correct. For anyone trying to stake with a smaller amount, I'd suggest making sure all your coins are in a single UTXO. For example if u buy 100 xspec, withdraw it to your wallet, and then buy and withdraw another 100 xspec, your wallet will consist of 2 unspent transactions (UTXO). In this case, send all the coins to yourself, now they are all in 1 UTXO. Statistically, it shouldn't make a difference in the long term, but having a higher staking weight seems to give rewards on a more consistent basis, instead of varying randomly. The amount you earn is the same, just less variability in when staking occurs. This is just my observation, I may be wrong.
Incidentally, I used a 10% average staking reward for my above example.  That is actually lower than the actual current annualized staking reward based on the number of coins one has available for staking (IF one stakes 24/7), despite only 5% being added to the overall XSPEC supply per year.  The discrepancy is due to the fact that the majority of XSPEC are not available for staking at any given time.  Some people _never_ have their wallets open for staking, some do it only part time, and others park their coins at exchanges (where they cannot be staked).  The result is that the 5% per year is distributed among those who do stake, with those who stake 24/7 taking the largest quantity of staking rewards.
(Which is only fair, of course.)

Google hasn't answered me on why larger amounts get paid more often. Obviously they would get more having a larger amount. But why do they get paid multiple time a day versus 40+days for the little guy.

I'm just going on my personal deduction, but it seems to me that it is because no matter what quantity of coins one is staking, the payout is a constant two-point-something XSPEC (a quantity which seems to gradually decrease over time; not sure why, unless it reflects distribution across a greater percentage of coins being made available for staking, over time).

So, since 2 XSPEC is a much larger percentage, of, say, 100 coins available for staking, than 10,000 coins, it pays out at much greater interval than it would for 10,000 coins.

So, if you were to receive, on average (because it is a lottery system, after all), 1000 coins per year if you were staking 10,000 coins, then you would likewise receive 10 coins per year if you are only staking 100 coins.  Since staking rewards are always around 2 XSPEC, that means you would receive an _average_ of only 5 payouts or so per year, as opposed to 500 or so payouts per year if you were staking 10,000 XSPEC.

Make sense?
Activity: 128
Merit: 10
fyi...  this guys says with each gov't crackdown, privacy coin will rise.

"Govt regulation is coming sooner rather than later. The harder they crackdown, the more privacy coins rally. You need a position them."

https://twitter.com/leoncfu/status/905601576596893696

Jump to: