Author

Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth! - page 115. (Read 94854 times)

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515
Coin Mage
These are not walls of text they are simply sentences helping you understand your greater issues with this project. You don;t wish to accept his because you are one of the whales here. Sorry about that but your fear of the truth is very telling.

Your post wasn't deleted because of its length or its content. It was deleted for containing a quote of a quote of a quote of a quote of a quote, each of them in full length. Beachguy warned about this multiple times that he would delete such posts. You still did it, so you got a warning, and afterward it was deleted. The right way to do it is to select the part you are referring to, like I am doing in this post. It's basic forum / email usage and should be commonsense.

Your thoughts may be right that getting a better distribution would help. But if whales would distribute their coins to multiple addresses, the problem would be "solved" as well from an outside perspective. You cannot tell people to give away money for free, that's not how this world works, unfortunately!  Cheesy The distribution will improve over time as the whales are taking their profits one by one and leaving.
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
@cryptohunter : I agree with you , the distribution was the only thing i didn't liked about this coin . The whales should donate a chunk of their coins for developement , not necessarily to community. This way the leading team could hire more people and create a larger well established team. IOTA did the same thing , they raised $500K or so in BTC at that time and the money weren't enough to pay devs so they asked for help from the community and they community responded and donated and look what these guys have achieved so far ! I strongly believe in IOTA i see it as a project easily comparable with Ethereum in what concerns the importance and value.
IMHO everybody who is an early Spectercoin investor and bought coins at 0,001$ and has more than 20,000 ( 0,1%) in their bags would be nice to donate 1-5%.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
How can I make staking work for me? Is it enough to have Spectre in an exchange wallet or do I need to have it in a proper (e.g. windows) wallet and leave the programm running?
Activity: 128
Love Spectrecoin.

Can't wait for Spectre Cash.  Think this has many potential.
Activity: 274
Merit: 254
I agree people should have an honest understanding of the coins history, including initial distribution. No one is trying to hide the facts. It may make some people uncomfortable to invest, but unfortunately it is not easy to have a completely "fair" distribution. ICO, PoW, airdrop etc all have their drawbacks. Even with "fair" distribution, whales can later accumulate large percentage of coin supply from trading on exchanges. This is unavoidable in a free market, but I feel that the benefits of having a free market outweigh the downsides. Others are free to disagree. Personally my only gripe with Spectrecoins ICO is that I didn't hear about it in time Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
@Cryptohunter @3x2 - Moderator here....I posted about these endless walls of text some folks seem to feel necessary to make a point.
They're distracting, serve no useful purpose and I will not have them in this thread.
Please
 clean them up and reduce the size.
You have 12 hours or I will clean them up for you.

Don't show fear of observable facts it illustrates guilt.

Start deleting my posts here I take offense. I take offense I put effort into highlighting this coins crazy narrow initial distribution outside of a thread of spec supporters. I also put more of effort in to highlighting the moderation of facts in this thread.

I do not feel it was deliberate however the collusion is there still it was never free to find a fair market start.

There is nothing untrue in my posts it is only a statement describing observable events in history.

Trying to draw a twin here with bitcoin is not only laughable it is totally misrepresenting the distribution of both projects. I'm sure as closed minded as you are that even you can not see that the crypto community was magnitudes smaller than small compared to when the launch of spec took place.

Asking for a solution to a insanely narrow initial distribution is like asking for a time machine.

I'm not a full critic of this project since it seems to have been more of a victim of events rather than a planned collusion and market making scheme. However I am simply saying this is what I consider to put people off. Well those that research before they jump in.

These are not walls of text they are simply sentences helping you understand your greater issues with this project. You don;t wish to accept his because you are one of the whales here. Sorry about that but your fear of the truth is very telling.

All whales should donate 50% to a pot that is burned or distributed to the board freely like onion for advertising it.
It would actually do more good than you know but whales will never do it they still believe they can hoard it collude and manipulate the market. Which they can whilst noobs are unaware of the dangers.

legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001
Spectreproject Community Manager
Is there anyone that tried to stake the coins on a rasperry pi? I thought about staking some coins with a debian and i think one of these coins will be XPSEC Smiley Very nice to see that the most stakingcoins growing up slowly. Maybe I should add some more long term positions.
I would think you would need to build the wallet from its source code until spectre_jbg finishes a linux wallet. He's the dev at our Slack group...link found in sig.
legendary
Much appreciated....I have some housekeeping above to do to.  Grin
Have you thought about coming to the Spectrecoin slack channel?
Link is in my sig below.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
@ti460 -  We like the format of Gandalf86's coinwiki alot. It's much more versatile and informative.
And in the end....what's the difference? What you call it?
Oh, and  please edit your quotes down to no more than 3....thanks.

of course, thanks to keep things clean beachman Wink

ps: done
legendary
@ti460 -  We like the format of Gandalf86's coinwiki alot. It's much more versatile and informative.
And in the end....what's the difference? What you call it?
Oh, and  please edit your quotes down to no more than 3....thanks.
Activity: 17

Why do you think so? Originally, "whitepaper" is a term that comes from a scientific background. Some early projects had a scientific whitepaper, because they had a scientific background that explored the possibilities of blockchain technology. Investors liked it, so people started imitating it. Nowadays, what is called a whitepaper is nothing more than a brochure of what the coin offers. Maybe some technical details. No quality control whatsoever, no guarantees of correctness or coherency. Most so-called whitepapers have a very low quality.

This project does not have a scientific background, and we don't claim to have. We have a practical background. We know the technical details, and we do have a vision. We do not have a brochure of it yet. If you like to know some technical details, or if the vision is unclear, you are free to ask and someone will try to answer it as good as possible.

In the meanwhile, I am trying to give a more detailed overview of what the coin offers on this wiki page: http://coinwiki.info/en/SpectreCoin
JBG is working on extending the website to include more info as well. And at some point, we will have a brochure called whitepaper that will summarize it once again.  Smiley

Thanks Gandalf86, to point out the problem with whitpapers in cryptoworld...everyone asking for whitepaper without having the notion about what a whitepaper is!

EDIT:
I proposed several times in different projects to publish green papers instead as a alternative and also to initiate a participatory/bottom-up process with the community, to give the possibility to create a common sense, shared vision, etc...no one cared about, I support your conclusion regarding the low quality of those so called "whitepapers"...thanks again, it makes me happy to see that there is people out there thinking similar!  Smiley
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Is there anyone that tried to stake the coins on a rasperry pi? I thought about staking some coins with a debian and i think one of these coins will be XPSEC Smiley Very nice to see that the most stakingcoins growing up slowly. Maybe I should add some more long term positions.
Activity: 56
Why when Bitcoin goes down Spectre follows the same pattern? Verge and Crave don't follow this pattern which is nice in my opinion. Most investors don't want to lose their marbles if Bitcoin loses $1.000 overnight

In my opinion this coin feels pretty good. It got x5 for the last couple of weeks and the correction was quite small comparing to other coins.
A correction is not a bad thing though -- other people will use this chance to buy the coin while it's relatively cheap and the price will go up.
legendary
Why when Bitcoin goes down Spectre follows the same pattern? Verge and Crave don't follow this pattern which is nice in my opinion. Most investors don't want to lose their marbles if Bitcoin loses $1.000 overnight

So now you're thinking Bitcoin is going down?
And that one abandoned project and one pump and dump coin are the way to go?  Roll Eyes
Coin Mage
Could Spectre have Masternode feature?

Probably not. Masternodes with POS just further contribute to centralization of the control over the network. We try to stay as decentralized as possible, where everybody can support the network by staking/forging.
Coin Mage
I heard there was a lots and lots of premine for this coin. Also heard this coin is ne of the safest coin in the world.

The word premine does not apply to this coin because we're not mining, it's POS. The team held 5% at the beginning to pay the early devs, now what is left is 1% of the coin supply (200k). That's not too much IMO.

It's certainly not "the safest" because that is difficult to prove. We're aiming at becoming the most privacy-supporting payment method, where people can exchange cash for Spectre and vice versa, without being monitored. It's a community project, everyone who wants to help can be part of it.
Activity: 97
What do you crave?
Whats the difference between Spectre and Deep Onion? Also there is Verge and Crave in the horizon

Well for starters Spectre hasn't been hacked like deep onion, nor do the devs make you work for your coin.

As for technical differences
Spectre has OBFS4 in addition to standard TOR. This allows it to be used in places where TOR is banned.

Spectre gives you the choice of wallets and transactions as public or private on several levels. Ring Sigs and stealth addresses, plus tor. This gives you true completely untraceable anonymity if you wish to have it.

Spectre also has low power mobile staking, in testing due to be released in a few months. This is the first tech of its kind and could essential turn every mobile into a "node" for the network and a savings account for the users.

XSPEC is the only coin to offer all this and more. This is only the beginning, much more in the wiki.

http://coinwiki.info/en/SpectreCoin#Specifications
Could Spectre have Masternode feature?
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
I heard there was a lots and lots of premine for this coin. Also heard this coin is ne of the safest coin in the world.
Activity: 48
I understand that spectre did not get a lot of attention during the ico, few investors owns a lot of coins and thats not the fault of the development team or the investors. They had an idea and offered anyone to come and join. Well I was not into crypto back then. Did not have the knowledge I have now, and I didnt understand the Ideas that people in crypto were fighting for. Many of them to make society and payment system work better, working equaly good for everyone. And its a legit that Devs and Investors want to be rewarded for the time or risk they took and are still taking.

@cryptohunter: I asked for a valid solution, not one that involves a time machine. As you can see from above, Spectre developers are transparent and looking to take this further then whatever elaborate exit scheme you have fantasized it to be.

I am very much so happy to keep that public address on the blockchain and I wish more would do the same.

I was thinking about the solution that doesnt require time machine. And its not a problem that there are invisible wallets that we cannot see, if you can see 1000 visible wallets owning 99%.

Just in theory:
You could  take 100 angel investors who owns 87% and create common interest. Interest would be to hold the price growth of the coin very slow and steady, allowing more people to get in. Hold this tactics until you are going to get enough users on board. Use the money as you do now, to fund development and add public relations, advertising or lets say informing, spreading the IDEA, explaning benefits, while creating constant demand for the coin, healthy growth, wide user base, more internet shops that accept it etc.

Example: Set the price on the 1 dollar per coin + slow growth. Until you wont get rid of 50% of top 100 holders coins. Thats almost 40%, 8+ million dollars for early investors and developers for advertising, growing network.

Create the network effect - more people coming in, telling others about their investment, pushing the price higher. You could use the 5% stake reward to achieve that, during bigger hypes you would have to sell of some of your coins. Dont try to maximaze own short term profitability, but grow the network, which is going to reward you long term.

This is the best idea that comes on my mind at the moment. Or just use invisible wallets for everyone (if thats possible) and delete the posts complaining about it  Roll Eyes
Activity: 490
Merit: 107
A non technical guy in a technical world
Whats the difference between Spectre and Deep Onion? Also there is Verge and Crave in the horizon

Well for starters Spectre hasn't been hacked like deep onion, nor do the devs make you work for your coin.

As for technical differences
Spectre has OBFS4 in addition to standard TOR. This allows it to be used in places where TOR is banned.

Spectre gives you the choice of wallets and transactions as public or private on several levels. Ring Sigs and stealth addresses, plus tor. This gives you true completely untraceable anonymity if you wish to have it.

Spectre also has low power mobile staking, in testing due to be released in a few months. This is the first tech of its kind and could essential turn every mobile into a "node" for the network and a savings account for the users.

XSPEC is the only coin to offer all this and more. This is only the beginning, much more in the wiki.

http://coinwiki.info/en/SpectreCoin#Specifications
Jump to: