Author

Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth! - page 114. (Read 94854 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 250
It takes a lot to build but not much to lose
So far this project has fulfilled what it promised, of course because of the delays has been hard criticized.
Below $ 1.00 is very cheap, then do not complain, as happened with the ICO. At the right time,

Waiting for the day when it becomes as big as monero. I want all the anonymous coins that do not have any relation with dark web and silkroad to be mainstream. As anonymous coins I love that fact that we can transact without supervision by big brother but I hate the connection with SR or DW, that shit is not legal.
It's the stacks and stacks of bracketed quotes guys....it doesn't make any point to your conversation...
....besides it annoys the hell out of me.  Grin Angry Roll Eyes

LMAO. I removed all of my backquotes Smiley I cant change his posts Smiley I think as a moderator you can right?
Activity: 263
Merit: 101
Leo Bitman
So far @Mandica has fulfilled what she promised, of course because of the delays, she has been hard criticized.
But little by little, more and more people are working here.
No doubt SpectreCoin will be one of the Biggest, I'm working full-time to make it that way.
Later too, you will see the results of my work.
Below $ 1.00, XSPEC is very cheap, then do not complain, as happened with the ICO. At the right time,
(as now), you do not believe, and after, you blame us for not letting you know.  Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001
Spectreproject Community Manager
Spectrecoin Weekly Update September 4, 2017

The past week has been a wonderful week….

Slack Channel by the numbers
For the week from Saturday Aug 26 to Saturday Sept 2nd.

Here’s a BIG Welcome to all of our  new members... 77 of them….a big week for Spectrecoin!

fred gas, pille, W M, venturer, James Brookes, versijinx, kchog, N V, Matthias Bertoldi, ric isma, bumba rumba, Desmond, mark, Hans Heckmann, Brent Burrows, gadir, J Howlett, Ryan Harter, boolean, stef land, Validen Persival, Eric Hevesy, Made In Crypto, vrappm, James, Ricky Montecristo, Paul Swan, Mateusz Ossa, Kel Woo, Milton Chin, highf lyer, Vlad Vado, Cedric G, konc. .0li, hoan van, rab brab, Tom Walter, Greg Steer, arjuna Pasarin, Stan Lee, dacatsmeow, High Society, roch, Davey P, Ray Es, kim jensen, Wout Machtelinckx, Gus E, count crypto, nina crypto, flog, P eter Cheek, d_ami, Martin Prajzler, vile guy, silentbobr, luis roldan, Anurag R, Bigboy Barret, S, Mario Turolla, Jeff Lee, austing, faxfrag, colbutus, Fey Osorio, mikey, alex anoth, Mateusz Ossowski, mr O, aliessaidi, Andrew Kwon, Daniel Waitapu, Rooster Red, Mohak, drew683, and kodavista

Members also exchanged 3,537 messages

Full time Dev
It isn’t very often that you see  a community come together like ours when the donations were made for jbg. Now he can continue full time through the end of 2017! Goals are set, plans made and coding is furious.
Thank you all.

Big London Meeting
I am happy to report that, this past week,  jbg….our head developer/project manager  was able to meet face to face with Mandica , the dev/manager of Spectrecoin. She continues to deal health issues but, it making progress.

Current wallet development was discussed. The upcoming v1.3.1, that cleans up some annoying bugs (large wallets,win10) and v1.4 that is to be the start of the wallet @jbg envisions.

“Yesterday (Friday) I met with the lead dev @jbg (Slack, he is not on this forum) and we discussed the roadmap in detail and also outlined some additional features and ideas for the medium term. We also discussed hiring a cryptographer / programmer full time to work on the project. I am positive and confident at this stage that we can bring a stable and anonymous crypto to the users as promised and that once we are past 1.4 which will have a completely new UI people will see that we are serious about what are aiming to achieve. We have a very supportive community, highly competent developers and now funding to keep it going.” - Mandica

This is great news especially for many of us that have been around the project for a while and I know we all wish Mandica well.

Developer nuts and bolts
@jbg reports that v1.3.1 is nearly done and he extends apologies for being a little scarce. He’s moving full steam ahead on Spectrecoin. Also, v1.4 and its new User Interface are taking shape and work will begin soon.

Also translations that have been turned in should be up on the website this month! Russian,Korean,Portuguese and Chinese are in @jbg’s hand. Turkish is due the end of this week. Any others...let @jbg or myself know.

Some Final Words
We are a growing community from many backgrounds and cultures. Everyone arrives with enthusiasm and a desire to contribute. We understand!

Please try to understand though….you are probably not the first nor the last to have what you think is the next great idea for an exchange, an article or a promotion.

We could write a book about exchanges...YES, we work on communicating with exchages….YES we know they’re important….the of exchages we currently have is a servicable group exchanges and Spectrecoin will have more.
I shudder to think though what we would face today in enlisting any exchange.
There are things to do though….translations, code to verify and other details….please have patience.

To promote Spectrecoin. The most helpful thing the community can do is use what each of you already has available. Your network of crypto-currency like minded friends. This is a powerful tool that showed results when the community reached out in our respective areas. Let’s do it again!

Before you jump on the Slack Channels and start  posting away…..be sure you’re on topic....LOOK at the channel lists...be sure you’re ON topic and not just spamming the channels. Your neighbors will appreciate it….it also save me removing posts and hurt feelings if or when I do.

Speaking of Channels….announcements_news, general_xspec_only, support_client, offtopic_random are the default channels when you join.

ALL channels can be found by highlighting “Channels”  in the upper left corner …..you’ll see ”Browse All Channels” light up. Then you can choose channels that you may want to add.

In closing...we love you all and look forward to great week!

Until next Monday

Beachguy

Ok splash and max.....edit that stuff down. If you don't know how to do it ask me.
There is no reason not to have a clean discussion with out seeing the same stuff over and over. 12 hours or its gone

Max the main difference between xspec and the onion patch....xspec is a coin been around for almost a year.
The other is some kind of ...you can have it....whoops nope you're banned.

I know that XSPEC is around and as I said earlier I missed the ICO and hated myself for it. I will edit my post down [DONE]. And yes I have been XSPEC for some time and looking to rebuy some more when the price is right. Just waiting and lurking to get back my positions Smiley
legendary
Be aware !! The user kagevu stole all my spectre from cryptopia! i dont know how to get them back now i already sent an email to cryptopia! Fuck these people who cannot get a job because they are too stupid!
Off topic. We're sorry for you. But, this belongs in the Cryptopia thread. Deleted
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
Be aware !! The user kagevu stole all my spectre from cryptopia! i dont know how to get them back now i already sent an email to cryptopia! Fuck these people who cannot get a job because they are too stupid!
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Much appreciated....I have some housekeeping above to do to.  Grin
Have you thought about coming to the Spectrecoin slack channel?
Link is in my sig below.
You may remember that i joined the slack a couple of weeks ago (the guy who found xspec through coininfo on cryptopia), before the last pump - i was so lucky to buy in around 3900 sat...thanks anyway!
Activity: 490
Merit: 107
A non technical guy in a technical world

What I came to this thread to ask was about the blockchain. I started downloading it last night and it's still not finished. 12 hrs later, about 80% finished. Spectre has only been out a year, is this normal to have a BC this size? Surely you don't need the BC for the mobile staking?
Also getting my desktop wallet setup for staking, any tweaks or changes I should.make once it's done? Got the the 64bit zip and I'm running Windows 8.
legendary
Ok splash and max.....edit that stuff down. If you don't know how to do it ask me.
There is no reason not to have a clean discussion with out seeing the same stuff over and over. 12 hours or its gone

Max the main difference between xspec and the onion patch....xspec is a coin been around for almost a year.
The other is some kind of ...you can have it....whoops nope you're banned.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 515
Coin Mage
I have added some comparison with DeepOnion to this wiki page: http://coinwiki.info/en/SpectreCoin#DeepOnion

Also please remember to not stack quotes, otherwise your posts will be deleted by the beach police  Grin
EDITED TO REMOVE TOO MUCH STUFF IN THE POST FROM PREVIOUS CONVERSATION

comparison != competition
Sharing is caring. Roll Eyes

I understand the frustration but I am not even asking comparison between DeepOnion and XSPEC.

I would recommend just making sure that XSPEC community gets weekly updates. And the roadmap is followed as per the promises made by the devs. XSPEC has been around the block for a long time now and I expected some good updates from devs around Jan - MArch 2017 but it did not happen. Then in the last pump I sold off all of my XSPEC and moved on. Lets forget comparison between the two coins on XSPEC forum and focus on XSPEC, its updates, good news, bad news. Make sure that the response of community on BCT is good. May be use an incentive structure to increase the word of mouth. Slack does not really make it visible to the new members of crypto community. And slack channel is a bit lackluster too.

As far as ONIONs go, I have been currently part of a very very active community on DeepOnion. The dev @crypto_rainbow has been very particular/strict about the airdrop requirements. The team is trying its best to make sure that there are no cheaters. So far so good, the airdrops are completely transparent. To be fair the onion community is buzzing due to requirements of the airdrop, but the devs get to decide their way of making sure that they keep their spot on the first page for next 32 weeks. Kudos to them for choosing that route. Its too early to judge the developers there for their roadmaps and delays but I still think that whatever is happening there is a lot fair than any ICO around (I am not saying that XSPEC ico was unfair.. it was one of the older ICOs which was very much fair. The train of ICO's has been derailed for a while since GNO with devs keeping 96% of the coins, but thats talk for another day).

So lets make crypto great. Who knows may be you guys help @crypto_rainbow some day with implementation of OBFS4 and he helps XSPEC project with somethign awesome that he has to offer. Smiley

Cheers. I guess now we are both on the same page. Lets be positive and just ignore or silently ban anything that looks like a troll or shill. Smiley
If price drops a bit more, I am going to make an entry back in XSPEC. Its a long term hold
Activity: 520
Merit: 123
@Cryptohunter @3x2 - Moderator here....I posted about these endless walls of text some folks seem to feel necessary to make a point.
They're distracting, serve no useful purpose and I will not have them in this thread.
Please
 clean them up and reduce the size.
You have 12 hours or I will clean them up for you.

Hey buddy,
A lot of time has passed since I sold off my XSPEC because of all the delays in the progress. There was barely any progress on the front of the devs. Some were sick, some on vacation etc. What is the current progress? I heard that you guys hired a new dev. Is there an updated roadmap?

If possible can you please discuss how Onions are different from Xspec? I am trying to choose my split investment between these two. I like anonymity in both but I dont understand the OBFS4 part. I understand ring CP and TOR. So can you please discuss the differences in the technologies that both of these young cryptos have brought to the table?
Cheers
-M

Thanks for being nice about this, but if you ACTUALLY read this forum instead of flooding it with insignificant deep onion comparison requests, you would have your question answered about 4 times.  

yep, I read through the whole thread and got an approximate answer that OBFS4 can work beyond the great wall of china. Is it correct?

Forgive me for being so straight,
but I got another impression that, either you are insanely angry with all Onion people or you are just arrogant. Statements like this "ohhhhhhhhh you.'re a deep onion guy. That explains your sore anus. I was wondering what Shitcoin brought your attitude here. " will no bring more people to the XSPECT community. I kicked myself when I missed spectre ICO and lost a chance for 20x profits. XSPEC has potential to be bigger (a lot bigger than what any of us can imagine), but as a potential investor, I do think that your attitude in answering (even trolls or shills for other coins who understandably can be a complete pain in butt to deal with) is not going to help XSPEC.

Crypto is so young and there is a ton of space for every coin to find its own space and easily become 100x in future years, thats not the worry at all. But please, do not alienate people by shitting on other coins. To a crypto newbie that does not give a good impression about the team and their work at all. (Once you do it , actually the trolls will win.) Thats why I request you to please stop using personal attacks to reply. If you think that the poster is troll then ban them from the thread but do not let the conversation go south.

I hope I did not come out as too judgemental, if that was the case then I am sorry. However, consider me as a well-wisher. I am hoping to see crypto grow and we all can benefit from decreased influence of centralized banking system. Lets work for that goal.
Thanx for patient reading
-M

Fair enough, guess my anus is quite sore as I truly believe this should have a much higher marketcap. I will consider your philosophy as it is much more civilized and appreciate the input and thank you for your kind words of approach as you have shown class. But in the case of DeepOnion, Spectrecoin is superior with its technology and DeepOnion simply lacks the distribution arguments putforth on this fourm from DeepOnion supporters. In this scenario of DeepOnion, post count has been very much Quantity over Quality and therefore my anus gets REALLY sore when it appears in this thread.

Together we're all one in the Cryptosphere and I agree with your approach.

Sorry and Cheers !  

Edit: Confirmed in China and Middle Eastern regions: Iraq, Iran, Afganistan.

yep, I read through the whole thread and got an approximate answer that OBFS4 can work beyond the great wall of china. Is it correct?

Forgive me for being so straight,
but I got another impression that, either you are insanely angry with all Onion people or you are just arrogant. Statements like this "ohhhhhhhhh you.'re a deep onion guy. That explains your sore anus. I was wondering what Shitcoin brought your attitude here. " will no bring more people to the XSPECT community. I kicked myself when I missed spectre ICO and lost a chance for 20x profits. XSPEC has potential to be bigger (a lot bigger than what any of us can imagine), but as a potential investor, I do think that your attitude in answering (even trolls or shills for other coins who understandably can be a complete pain in butt to deal with) is not going to help XSPEC.

Crypto is so young and there is a ton of space for every coin to find its own space and easily become 100x in future years, thats not the worry at all. But please, do not alienate people by shitting on other coins. To a crypto newbie that does not give a good impression about the team and their work at all. (Once you do it , actually the trolls will win.) Thats why I request you to please stop using personal attacks to reply. If you think that the poster is troll then ban them from the thread but do not let the conversation go south.

I hope I did not come out as too judgemental, if that was the case then I am sorry. However, consider me as a well-wisher. I am hoping to see crypto grow and we all can benefit from decreased influence of centralized banking system. Lets work for that goal.
Thanx for patient reading
-M
@Cryptohunter @3x2 - Moderator here....I posted about these endless walls of text some folks seem to feel necessary to make a point.
They're distracting, serve no useful purpose and I will not have them in this thread.
Please

Hey buddy,
A lot of time has passed since I sold off my XSPEC because of all the delays in the progress. There was barely any progress on the front of the devs. Some were sick, some on vacation etc. What is the current progress? I heard that you guys hired a new dev. Is there an updated roadmap?

If possible can you please discuss how Onions are different from Xspec? I am trying to choose my split investment between these two. I like anonymity in both but I dont understand the OBFS4 part. I understand ring CP and TOR. So can you please discuss the differences in the technologies that both of these young cryptos have brought to the table?
Cheers
-M

Thanks for being nice about this, but if you ACTUALLY read this forum instead of flooding it with insignificant deep onion comparison requests, you would have your question answered about 4 times. 

Hey buddy,

Cheers
-M
Please

Don't show fear of observable facts it illustrates guilt.

Start deleting my posts here I take offense. I take offense I put effort into highlighting this coins crazy narrow initial distribution outside of a thread of spec supporters. I also put more of effort in to highlighting the moderation of facts in this thread.

I do not feel it was deliberate however the collusion is there still it was never free to find a fair market start.

There is nothing untrue in my posts it is only a statement describing observable events in history.

Trying to draw a twin here with bitcoin is not only laughable it is totally misrepresenting the distribution of both projects. I'm sure as closed minded as you are that even you can not see that the crypto community was magnitudes smaller than small compared to when the launch of spec took place.

Asking for a solution to a insanely narrow initial distribution is like asking for a time machine.

I'm not a full critic of this project since it seems to have been more of a victim of events rather than a planned collusion and market making scheme. However I am simply saying this is what I consider to put people off. Well those that research before they jump in.

These are not walls of text they are simply sentences helping you understand your greater issues with this project. You don;t wish to accept his because you are one of the whales here. Sorry about that but your fear of the truth is very telling.

All whales should donate 50% to a pot that is burned or distributed to the board freely like onion for advertising it.
It would actually do more good than you know but whales will never do it they still believe they can hoard it collude and manipulate the market. Which they can whilst noobs are unaware of the dangers.

ohhhhhhhhh you.'re a deep onion guy. That explains your sore anus. I was wondering what Shitcoin brought your attitude here.
Can you please show the math behind the deep onion distribution and how much the devs have for us? Show your work for us.
Furthermore how a coin with airdrops subject to only Bitcointalk members be the solution in a world of 8 billion people.

Your saying I should give 50% of my share away even though I've invested 10+k USD because you want your airdrop coins that are free? ill hold thanks. Put your hand back in your pocket.
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
Iron sharpeneth iron BTC 13TZeA5bWGfrAsUqbnAUiQHhq
I wish I had put real money during the ico I would have become a millionaire by now I just put a peanut then.
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
Iron sharpeneth iron BTC 13TZeA5bWGfrAsUqbnAUiQHhq
@gandalf86 nicely said you don't tell people to give away money like that it is a choice if they want to donate their money to the project that would be good though but they took the risk when nobody else did.
Jump to: