Author

Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth! - page 117. (Read 94854 times)

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515
Coin Mage
You speak of logic but do not fully understand the term.

Narrow distribution is open to collusion and market making.

People do not want to invest in projects where their investment and security are in the hands of a few people. Have you heard of the term decentralisation? if not give it a google if youre even permitted access to that by your masters.

Lol some tor tweaks is all that is needed to make spec the only reliable cc outside of the western hemisphere. Quick i better tell the dev teams outside of this thread so they can get in on the action. No wonder they are missing out on all this volume.

Its not only about the ico price it is the distribution and that being this narrow makes it vulnerable to collusion and market making. How reliable will it be for you  when the value/security is in the hands of just such a few people..

You fuck up the initial distribution you fuck up the project. A few get away with it.

This one was far too narrow.

Also collusion was evident from the start. I watch the exchange prices 80 sats ico ....  never hardly dipped below 2000 sats exchange. This demonstrates high collusion and market making.

Sorry but it is a tough road from here for spec because I hear there is a new version of coinmarketcap coming that will investigate and rank the initial distribution of the coin for greater investment security.

What would you have recommended to the Spectre team though, in retrospect? Only a hundred people participated in the ICO. Only few Bitcoins were raised. There were 2 options, a) try to give back people their money, b) continue with the project as intended anyway and distribute coins according to the stated terms of the ICO. They decided to go with option b). They have always been honest, did what they said they would do. They continued without a lot of funds (in fact most of it has been spent already), and now we have community funding because the results are good.

What could they have done better?

The reason for the low ICO price was doubt in the honesty of the project (being called scam). After the first version was released and we got listed on Cryptopia, the price went up to 1000 and quickly 2000 sat. It didn't go back to 80 sat because that would mean a market cap of barely 16 Bitcoin, not because the price would be manipulated.

So do you say that even though a project has always been honest and always delivering and continuing to innovate, it will not be successful? I highly doubt it.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
the reason this will not take off is because the majority was distributed to only a handful of people at the ico.

initial distribution is very important.

otherwise it looks an interesting project.

Well then, how do you account for our fiat system by which the 1% of wealth is equal to the other 99%?

Use logic in your arguments.

Everyone cried about this ICO being a scam and now everyone crying about how distribution is unfair because they did not get ICO price.

If you think this isn't going to work, get off this forum or take that stupid logic elsewhere.

For some of us outside of the Western world, Spectrecoin is the only reliable cryptopcurrency, don't tell us it 'wont take off' because of your 'logic' which clearly only involves your little western brain with its little western perspective.

You speak of logic but do not fully understand the term.

Narrow distribution is open to collusion and market making.

People do not want to invest in projects where their investment and security are in the hands of a few people. Have you heard of the term decentralisation? if not give it a google if youre even permitted access to that by your masters.

Lol some tor tweaks is all that is needed to make spec the only reliable cc outside of the western hemisphere. Quick i better tell the dev teams outside of this thread so they can get in on the action. No wonder they are missing out on all this volume.

Its not only about the ico price it is the distribution and that being this narrow makes it vulnerable to collusion and market making. How reliable will it be for you  when the value/security is in the hands of just such a few people..

You fuck up the initial distribution you fuck up the project. A few get away with it.

This one was far too narrow.

Also collusion was evident from the start. I watch the exchange prices 80 sats ico ....  never hardly dipped below 2000 sats exchange. This demonstrates high collusion and market making.

Sorry but it is a tough road from here for spec because I hear there is a new version of coinmarketcap coming that will investigate and rank the initial distribution of the coin for greater investment security.

Activity: 48
Merit: 0
the reason this will not take off is because the majority was distributed to only a handful of people at the ico.

In here 1 % owns 99% , very risky, since the whales can dump and exit any time. BUT ! Bitcoin is the same, 1% owns 97% of coins, and so far, few investors see a problem with it.
Another thing is that, since developers are trying to keep their anonymity (same like Satoshi did), they can leave project any time ...

This coin has a lot of risks included, but high risk - high reward in case its going to be widely adopted and used.
Totaly anonymity - total freedom, no taxes, security etc.

And to the website, I like its clean, I like its not using javascript and other things that can spoil your location and IP, But I would like to see more informations about the technology, about PoSv3 how many tx/s, how tor and obfs is working, something about team. You know - more informations - more serious its going to look, same applies to exchanges. Spectre needs some good Public Relations.
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
Iron sharpeneth iron BTC 13TZeA5bWGfrAsUqbnAUiQHhq

it was so because people called it all sorts of names then they even said it was a scam, so those that had confidence in the project participated in during the ico
Activity: 520
Merit: 123

Well then, how do you account for our fiat system by which the 1% of wealth is equal to the other 99%?

Use logic in your arguments.

Everyone cried about this ICO being a scam and now everyone crying about how distribution is unfair because they did not get ICO price.

If you think this isn't going to work, get off this forum or take that stupid logic elsewhere.

For some of us outside of the Western world, Spectrecoin is the only reliable cryptopcurrency, don't tell us it 'wont take off' because of your 'logic' which clearly only involves your little western brain with its little western perspective.

Activity: 124
Presale starts on 28th of April!
how does this compare to Monero in terms of privacy?

Uses TOR+OBFS4 by default allowing use by countries such China which block TOR.

It also operates each wallet as an indipendent hidden TOR service allowing maximum anonymity.

Couple that with stealth addresses allowing nobody to see wallet balances or transactions makes this coin a game changer.

We need a game changer. Maybe Spectre can do this.
Activity: 99

Uses TOR+OBFS4 by default allowing use by countries such China which block TOR.

It also operates each wallet as an indipendent hidden TOR service allowing maximum anonymity.

Couple that with stealth addresses allowing nobody to see wallet balances or transactions makes this coin a game changer.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002
Spectre and TOR this is the way to go for stealth use...
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Activity: 99
Fact is the tech works and they are leading the way with it.  I dont see any other coins doing what spectre does in the WAY that Spectre does it.  

Seeing a groups of developers actively working on the technology as opposed to the price is really refreshing and is one of the reasons i refuse to sell any of my XSPEC.

Anything else with TOR has either fizzled away or built mainly on hype and controversy.  Spectre is the only one simply moving forward with the project at a steady and healthy pace.
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001
Spectreproject Community Manager
There's plenty for sale on exchanges.
Also. ,  Gandalf86 drew up a great coinwiki.
Easier to update to.
Xspec is pretty wide distributed too'
Its been out almost a year.
So its your call.
Coin Mage
Our tech works....unlike "giveaway" coins.
 Wink

Was that a response to me asking where I can find the whitepaper?

Your question cannot be answered because there is no "whitepaper".
Isn't that worrying?

Why do you think so? Originally, "whitepaper" is a term that comes from a scientific background. Some early projects had a scientific whitepaper, because they had a scientific background that explored the possibilities of blockchain technology. Investors liked it, so people started imitating it. Nowadays, what is called a whitepaper is nothing more than a brochure of what the coin offers. Maybe some technical details. No quality control whatsoever, no guarantees of correctness or coherency. Most so-called whitepapers have a very low quality.

This project does not have a scientific background, and we don't claim to have. We have a practical background. We know the technical details, and we do have a vision. We do not have a brochure of it yet. If you like to know some technical details, or if the vision is unclear, you are free to ask and someone will try to answer it as good as possible.

In the meanwhile, I am trying to give a more detailed overview of what the coin offers on this wiki page: http://coinwiki.info/en/SpectreCoin
JBG is working on extending the website to include more info as well. And at some point, we will have a brochure called whitepaper that will summarize it once again.  Smiley
kc.
Activity: 267
Merit: 250
uh-huh
 Wink

Isn't that worrying?
Coin Mage

... who are now funding development. Everything has two sides!  Wink We have a great dev already, hopefully another one will join soon. They will build a great product. That's how things "take off", not because of hype or marketing, but simply because the product is very valuable. More often than not, innovation is driven by financial interest, which is the case with some very big bagholders.
Coin Mage
 Wink

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

kc.
uh-huh
 Wink

legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001
Spectreproject Community Manager
 Wink

kc.
uh-huh
Where can I find the whitepaper?
Activity: 105
Iron sharpeneth iron BTC 13TZeA5bWGfrAsUqbnAUiQHhq
I'm feeling pretty good about XSPEC. It's just a little frustrating that we are the only privacy based coin to not see a large increase this week. Even though we are superior to XVG Deep Onion,Monero, etc. TOR+OBSF4 is actually better than Monero i2p because it doesn't rely on a VPN for anonymity as heavily as i2p does. It will be our turn soon.
don't worry yourself about the price not increasing as you expected at the moment very soon every body will realize that spectre is unique
Jump to: