Author

Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth! - page 116. (Read 94854 times)

Activity: 97
Merit: 10
What do you crave?
This is the coin the market has been waiting for! The possibilities is xspec. We need xspec now more than ever! I will always stash this coin.
Whats the difference between Spectre and Deep Onion? Also there is Verge and Crave in the horizon
Activity: 520
Merit: 123
@cryptohunter: I asked for a valid solution, not one that involves a time machine. As you can see from above, Spectre developers are transparent and looking to take this further then whatever elaborate exit scheme you have fantasized it to be.

I am very much so happy to keep that public address on the blockchain and I wish more would do the same.
Activity: 105
Iron sharpeneth iron BTC 13TZeA5bWGfrAsUqbnAUiQHhq

This is the state of things. The ICO did not deliver the wide distribution we hoped for and due to intensive trolling and scam accusations against us many people chose not to invest. At the time of the ICO we could not go back and restart the project and so against the odds we decided to move on. In retrospect, maybe some things around the ICO could have been done differently but here we are. You may or may not believe me but I am not such a whale and only retained what was stated in the ICO documentation. However, I believe that we have proved that we did not intend to abandoned the project and our new lead developer is now working full time to bring about the updated roadmap: https://spectreproject.io/roadmap/

Yesterday (Friday) I met with the lead dev @jbg (Slack, he is not on this forum) and we discussed the roadmap in detail and also outlined some additional features and ideas for the medium term. We also discussed hiring a cryptographer / programmer full time to work on the project. I am positive and confident at this stage that we can bring a stable and anonymous crypto to the users as promised and that once we are past 1.4 which will have a completely new UI people will see that we are serious about what are aiming to achieve. We have a very supportive community, highly competent developers and now funding to keep it going.

Whales exist in any crypto and not least Bitcoin and that has not stopped it from becoming widely distributed. The user base will expand and whales will dump and distribution will occur over time. We have a nice development momentum and ideas at the moment and I think people can judge for themselves and I have no doubt that we have a unique vision for this coins and we can make it happen.   Let people say whatever they like but with what I have seen so far this project will stand out in no distant future its unfair distribution now maybe then it will be the price is beyond their reach hehe
Activity: 693
Merit: 508
Activity: 1330
Merit: 515
Coin Mage
This is the coin the market has been waiting for! The possibilities is xspec. We need xspec now more than ever! I will always stash this coin.

Yes I think we have the possibility to become one of the big players and challenge Monero. We have the right devs, and we have the necessary funds. It's only a matter of time.
Activity: 938
Merit: 251
Activity: 1568
Merit: 511
price dumped abit due to the btc minor crash, seems people are cashing out alts to btc to fiat tho

Means, time to get more stealth!
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001
Spectreproject Community Manager
I think you're getting carried away with your self.
The topic here is xspec....not ramblings.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Yes same principle of narrow distribution and collusion/market manipulation.I think with this project it was not as fully intentional as with them though.

Still once it has such narrow initial distribution it is very hard to correct it intentional or not.

Perhaps the whales should hand over 50% of their tokens and give it out freely to the board like deep onion.... although whales will never do that.

Just my opinion others owning this will have their own different opinion.

Most people use CMC as a tool for investment it is irresponsible of them not to rank initial distribution.

A narrow initial distribution and market manipulation killed Bitcoin... oh wait.

Let's just go straight to "interesting project"...
In a world where Monero is worth $2 billion... it's nice that someone is building on the SDC code base.

4% owns 97% of the Bitcoins. https://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-bitcoin-addresses.html But 4% in bitcoin is 500 000 addresses

Maybe its going to sound stupid. But I was thinking a bit, and what can whales of spectre do in here, is to do a so called 2nd coin offering. They can get a bunch of coins and offer them at a fixed price. If the top 100 wallets owns 99%. It should not be a problem to manage the whales "angel investors" to sell some of their coins, promote the 2ndCO on the internet and sell lets say 50% of thier coins at a fixed price. For example 0,50 Dollars a coin and the coin offering lasting for one year or till all the offered coins are going to be sold out. 10 000 coins for a wallet cap to ensure wider distribution.

So they can re-sell 50% of the coins to more people and earn some money.

Someone is going to say that we have a free market for it, but if 100 people owns 99% bigger investors are going to back up. I think Basic Attention Token had the same problem... But they sold only  1 billion tokens to the whales. 0,5 billion is going to be redistributed better. So at least something.
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001
Spectreproject Community Manager
@Cryptohunter @3x2 - Moderator here....I posted about these endless walls of text some folks seem to feel necessary to make a point.
They're distracting, serve no useful purpose and I will not have them in this thread.
Please
 clean them up and reduce the size.
You have 12 hours or I will clean them up for you.
legendary
Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000
Yes same principle of narrow distribution and collusion/market manipulation.I think with this project it was not as fully intentional as with them though.

Still once it has such narrow initial distribution it is very hard to correct it intentional or not.

Perhaps the whales should hand over 50% of their tokens and give it out freely to the board like deep onion.... although whales will never do that.

Just my opinion others owning this will have their own different opinion.

Most people use CMC as a tool for investment it is irresponsible of them not to rank initial distribution.

A narrow initial distribution and market manipulation killed Bitcoin... oh wait.

Let's just go straight to "interesting project"...
In a world where Monero is worth $2 billion... it's nice that someone is building on the SDC code base.
Activity: 97
What do you crave?
I will add that I was unaware of the ICO as well and I bought ~75,000 XSPEC at ~4000 Satts. Here is my public address:

SVYyQrDF5qMd4i57H8yr1131gMNEX4SUTn

I have nothing to hide and I don't have a 'master' to control any 'moves' for me and once this coin goes somewhere as it should, I'll put the majority of my portfolio into the Spectreproject.

Nice, same for me man, I have around 3300Xspec at 11000 Sats, its 1/4 of my portfolio. The price is dropping but unfortunately I didn't have any bitcoin to buy more, so suck, thinking of selling 12 Neo from Bittrex to buy more but that's meaning I lost quite much as I bought Neo at its peak. What I like about Spec is its community driven, I don't know if they're more valuable than the others anon coin out there but I see the potential it can going up. Consider a lot of coin >40mil cap out there didn't have anything special. Will buy more if keeping drop down in 2-3 days and staking for next years. Hope devs can fix the bug of missing coin in wallet soon.
I been holding for a few months now.3 months ago I had 250 and sold 190 when it went up, I should of hold to it. I didn't know better back then, I got started with Crypto in January. I have 69 XPEC left on Cryptopia, soon I will be downloading my wallet to be able to stake, (hopefully without any bugs)... By the way, there is a giveaway on Reddit, don't miss it
https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkNetMarkets/comments/6xdvso/using_monero_try_spectre_heres_some_to_get_started/
Activity: 3
I will add that I was unaware of the ICO as well and I bought ~75,000 XSPEC at ~4000 Satts. Here is my public address:

I have nothing to hide and I don't have a 'master' to control any 'moves' for me and once this coin goes somewhere as it should, I'll put the majority of my portfolio into the Spectreproject.

Nice, same for me man, I have around 3300Xspec at 11000 Sats, its 1/4 of my portfolio. The price is dropping but unfortunately I didn't have any bitcoin to buy more, so suck, thinking of selling 12 Neo from Bittrex to buy more but that's meaning I lost quite much as I bought Neo at its peak. What I like about Spec is its community driven, I don't know if they're more valuable than the others anon coin out there but I see the potential it can going up. Consider a lot of coin >40mil cap out there didn't have anything special. Will buy more if keeping drop down in 2-3 days and staking for next years. Hope devs can fix the bug of missing coin in wallet soon.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 515
Coin Mage
Is there a guide out there for staking with an Unix operating system via bash in the background? I don't want to run a desktop PC or emulate a virtual machine for running a normal GUI wallet.

This way I would safe energy, because I could shut down my computer at night and migrate staking tasks to my root server which is is idling most of its time.

You probably want to use a terminal multiplexer of your choice (see https://askubuntu.com/questions/8653/how-to-keep-processes-running-after-ending-ssh-session).

Then build spectrecoind using the instructions found in doc/build-unix.txt in the Github repository (https://github.com/spectrecoin/spectre) and start it. Afaik it should be staking by default if you keep it running.
Activity: 784
Merit: 502
Is there a guide out there for staking with an Unix operating system via bash in the background? I don't want to run a desktop PC or emulate a virtual machine for running a normal GUI wallet.

This way I would safe energy, because I could shut down my computer at night and migrate staking tasks to my root server which is is idling most of its time.
Activity: 99

Isnt it nice being able to COMPLETELY hide it if you want to?  Im a super peivate person so the stealth addresses is what punched my ticket Wink

Has anyone made an infographic for SPECTRE?
Activity: 490
Merit: 107
A non technical guy in a technical world
Wow 75000 xspec. I hope I have that much someday soon. I bought 43 xspec at 4k sat and have had to swing trade my way to 192 as of yesterday.

Activity: 55
the reason this will not take off is because the majority was distributed to only a handful of people at the ico.

initial distribution is very important.

otherwise it looks an interesting project.

Well then, how do you account for our fiat system by which the 1% of wealth is equal to the other 99%?

Use logic in your arguments.

Everyone cried about this ICO being a scam and now everyone crying about how distribution is unfair because they did not get ICO price.

If you think this isn't going to work, get off this forum or take that stupid logic elsewhere.

For some of us outside of the Western world, Spectrecoin is the only reliable cryptopcurrency, don't tell us it 'wont take off' because of your 'logic' which clearly only involves your little western brain with its little western perspective.

You speak of logic but do not fully understand the term.

Narrow distribution is open to collusion and market making.

People do not want to invest in projects where their investment and security are in the hands of a few people. Have you heard of the term decentralisation? if not give it a google if youre even permitted access to that by your masters.

Lol some tor tweaks is all that is needed to make spec the only reliable cc outside of the western hemisphere. Quick i better tell the dev teams outside of this thread so they can get in on the action. No wonder they are missing out on all this volume.

Its not only about the ico price it is the distribution and that being this narrow makes it vulnerable to collusion and market making. How reliable will it be for you  when the value/security is in the hands of just such a few people..

You fuck up the initial distribution you fuck up the project. A few get away with it.

This one was far too narrow.

Also collusion was evident from the start. I watch the exchange prices 80 sats ico ....  never hardly dipped below 2000 sats exchange. This demonstrates high collusion and market making.

Sorry but it is a tough road from here for spec because I hear there is a new version of coinmarketcap coming that will investigate and rank the initial distribution of the coin for greater investment security.

You know, maybe some people didn't find out about the ICO in time to get in, but bought below 2k sat on cryptopia because they recognized the potential the project had. There hasn't been alot of PR, but the foundations of the coin have been solid. Now we are started to get make real progress with solid development. Dash has been pretty successful despite its concentration.
the reason this will not take off is because the majority was distributed to only a handful of people at the ico.

initial distribution is very important.

otherwise it looks an interesting project.

Well then, how do you account for our fiat system by which the 1% of wealth is equal to the other 99%?

Use logic in your arguments.

Everyone cried about this ICO being a scam and now everyone crying about how distribution is unfair because they did not get ICO price.

If you think this isn't going to work, get off this forum or take that stupid logic elsewhere.

For some of us outside of the Western world, Spectrecoin is the only reliable cryptopcurrency, don't tell us it 'wont take off' because of your 'logic' which clearly only involves your little western brain with its little western perspective.

You speak of logic but do not fully understand the term.

Narrow distribution is open to collusion and market making.

People do not want to invest in projects where their investment and security are in the hands of a few people. Have you heard of the term decentralisation? if not give it a google if youre even permitted access to that by your masters.

Lol some tor tweaks is all that is needed to make spec the only reliable cc outside of the western hemisphere. Quick i better tell the dev teams outside of this thread so they can get in on the action. No wonder they are missing out on all this volume.

Its not only about the ico price it is the distribution and that being this narrow makes it vulnerable to collusion and market making. How reliable will it be for you  when the value/security is in the hands of just such a few people..

You fuck up the initial distribution you fuck up the project. A few get away with it.

This one was far too narrow.

Also collusion was evident from the start. I watch the exchange prices 80 sats ico ....  never hardly dipped below 2000 sats exchange. This demonstrates high collusion and market making.

Sorry but it is a tough road from here for spec because I hear there is a new version of coinmarketcap coming that will investigate and rank the initial distribution of the coin for greater investment security.

So you are saying that Spectre is not decentralized because of its initial distribution? It is still decentralized. Once those whom hold large quantites sell, the wealth becomes spread out, unlike the initial ICO quantities. Pretty straight forward.

My argument is that 1% of the worlds wealth is equal to the other 99%. Its pretty ironic that the solution is in the problem itself. Do you now understand?

Furthermore, can you give us a 'solution' to your 'problem' so we can move forward, rather then backwards. We are all moving backwards here by arguing with your 'logic'. So give us a positive 'solution' lets here it:
Jump to: