Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][The Original Multipool - Scrypt/SHA256/Scrypt-N/X11] multipool.us - page 76. (Read 424232 times)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Ok, so if i write in 4 pool address, say: us, eu, ltcrabbit and one other; does my miner move on to the most active if one goes down, or does it split the work between the 4 so if one goes down, at worst ill lose only 25%?

Yes.

cgminer can be configured use different strategies: Failover, Round Robin, Rotate, Load Balance, or Balance.  I use Failover, which directs all the work to the first pool unless it is down, then to the second.  If the first and second are down, it switches to the third, etc.  I think Failover is the default for CGMiner, but you can be sure by adding this to you conf file:
"failover-only" : true,

Hi, thanks for the reply. I added numerous pools and nothing happened. What i did find however is that when i "restart mining", the hash rate jumps up again for a period of time before slowly reducing. I went into my config file and couldnt find any reference to "failover-only" : true," . Im using BAMT or ltcrabbits version of it. Should i simply write "failover-only" : true, into the config file? And what happens - does it convert to the next pool down the list once the pool declines to a certain rate or when it completely stops?
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
What I mean is when it stops to get work from pools and begins again my hash rate doesn't return to its full potential, it remains at 10% less
Try an older version of cgminer.  I think after version 3.5.2 they changed how the failover works which caused a lot of problems like this for the switching pools.  CGMiner thinks the pool is flaky and switches off of it for like 5 minutes to a backup pool.
Activity: 210
Merit: 101
What I mean is when it stops to get work from pools and begins again my hash rate doesn't return to its full potential, it remains at 10% less
Multiport is on TAG, but the multiport screen says TAG is not enabled.

Testing the new coin I assume?
Ok, so if i write in 4 pool address, say: us, eu, ltcrabbit and one other; does my miner move on to the most active if one goes down, or does it split the work between the 4 so if one goes down, at worst ill lose only 25%?

Yes.

cgminer can be configured use different strategies: Failover, Round Robin, Rotate, Load Balance, or Balance.  I use Failover, which directs all the work to the first pool unless it is down, then to the second.  If the first and second are down, it switches to the third, etc.  I think Failover is the default for CGMiner, but you can be sure by adding this to you conf file:
"failover-only" : true,
Hi, recently joined this pool and I am having a problem with Cgminer 3.7.2. For some reason when the pool stops and starts my miner my hash rate drops from 620kh to 500kh. I need to restart Cgminer to get my hash rate back up. Also on my other GPU it goes from 345 to 250kh, caused by the restarting of the pool. This is REALLY irritating because I have never encountered this problem with any other pool. Wtf is going on? I like the concept of this pool but if I have to check my miners every ten minutes it's not a feasible option.

Connection keeps going down and coming back up.  I suggest having both pools (EU and US) backing each other up, and another one for when both are down.

M

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
Hello,

I did this withdrawl a couple of days ago:

PXC Dec 14 9:55 AM PcfdZvHcqwvUpAeLffu5eiQb5rCQeQoZ7R 1.71168600 26f7686f4f127e2235eaa10ebaf2891b6aa297f4be84b2c6fde36516d4134cbe

Nothing shown up yet.

Could someone check into this for me?

Thank you.

Withdraw to where?  Your wallet or somewhere like cryptsy?

M
legendary
Hi, recently joined this pool and I am having a problem with Cgminer 3.7.2. For some reason when the pool stops and starts my miner my hash rate drops from 620kh to 500kh. I need to restart Cgminer to get my hash rate back up. Also on my other GPU it goes from 345 to 250kh, caused by the restarting of the pool. This is REALLY irritating because I have never encountered this problem with any other pool. Wtf is going on? I like the concept of this pool but if I have to check my miners every ten minutes it's not a feasible option.

Connection keeps going down and coming back up.  I suggest having both pools (EU and US) backing each other up, and another one for when both are down.

M
legendary
owch.   [sarcasm] Using my elite knowledge of thermonuclearwargames I was able to extract the hidden data here https://www.multipool.us/stats.php?curr=ltc   [/sarcasm]
Avg. Time To Find Block   33 Hours 53 Minutes
Time Since Last Block   42 Hours 47 Minutes

ohw... ehmm... yes.. I see.. just no luck then..   Embarrassed

I wouldn't mine anything other than the main scrypt port.  Otherwise you're basically solo mining, and you don't have much power there for solo mining.

M
Activity: 28
Activity: 210
Merit: 101
Activity: 18
These constant server outages are driving me insane, what the hell is going on?
Activity: 224
Merit: 104
Man sometimes this pool is frustrating.  I really like the idea but right now it's like on and off the last few days, and it gets my fans spinning and stopping back and forth, just getting annoying.  I mean, why is the server going down and up back and forth and it seems to happen so often?
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing
Im new to mining and have been doing so with my rig, ltcrabbit (BAMT) OS software and using the ltcrabbit LTC pool. Ive been getting a very good, consistent 1200 KH/s using them, however, i want to mine various alt coins - specifically, the most profitable at a given time -  so i moved over www.multipool.us. Unfortunately, im getting a highly varied rate at multipool, often fluctuating between 600-1200. Why is that? Also, my temps are down by about half when the fluctuations are downwards and i can get as much as 30% invalids! I dont think its my rig as it seems fine with ltcrabbit. Any ideas, tips?

It could be fluctuating because of how the pool has been dropping out and back in the past few days.

Might even back out once it is more stable?
Im new to mining and have been doing so with my rig, ltcrabbit (BAMT) OS software and using the ltcrabbit LTC pool. Ive been getting a very good, consistent 1200 KH/s using them, however, i want to mine various alt coins - specifically, the most profitable at a given time -  so i moved over www.multipool.us. Unfortunately, im getting a highly varied rate at multipool, often fluctuating between 600-1200. Why is that? Also, my temps are down by about half when the fluctuations are downwards and i can get as much as 30% invalids! I dont think its my rig as it seems fine with ltcrabbit. Any ideas, tips?
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing
Hello,

I did this withdrawl a couple of days ago:

PXC Dec 14 9:55 AM PcfdZvHcqwvUpAeLffu5eiQb5rCQeQoZ7R 1.71168600 26f7686f4f127e2235eaa10ebaf2891b6aa297f4be84b2c6fde36516d4134cbe

Nothing shown up yet.

Could someone check into this for me?

Thank you.
Activity: 7
owch.   [sarcasm] Using my elite knowledge of thermonuclearwargames I was able to extract the hidden data here https://www.multipool.us/stats.php?curr=ltc   [/sarcasm]

ohw... ehmm... yes.. I see.. just no luck then..   Embarrassed
legendary
Any word on the instability of the mining ports?  US and EU have been bouncing for quite some time now.

M

STT
legendary
Activity: 4060
Merit: 1448
Activity: 7
Hi Flound,

I was mining LTC with Multipool for 48hours until this morning and have seen my balance grow with about 0.02.
I was mining with 290kh/s (apart for 3 three hours with half that rate) using the EU pool.
I see a lot of accepts, just a few rejects and no HW errors; everything on cgminer side seems normal.

That balance growth just doesn't seem right. Would you be able to see what is going on?
Username is jelz999.

Thanks,
J
Pages:
Jump to: