Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][The Original Multipool - Scrypt/SHA256/Scrypt-N/X11] multipool.us - page 79. (Read 424232 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
yes, email me from the current address and request it.
Okay thank you, will do it.
Activity: 736
Merit: 262
Me, Myself & I

I just built a 7x5970 miner and installed Windows 8.1 to break the Win7 limitation of only 4 of the same card. But, I cannot get cgminer 3.7.2 to run with even one card plugged in. I've tried Catalyst 12.8, 13.1 and 13.9. When I launch cgminer it lists the pools and then maybe compiles the scrypt executable, or not, but just hangs, often freezing Win8.1 requiring a reboot.

I've searched around and the references I've found imply how easy it is. Does anybody know what I should try or have a link to a good Windows 8.1 mining setup page  Huh

TIA
Latest GPU cgminer (3.7.2) and Win8 are stincky combo. I am able to start this mix at Samsung Ativbook6 only with --no-adl switch. Afterwards no control of the GPUs via cgminer. MSI Afterburner is taking from there. I would blame cgminer 3.7.2 because I also had problem when moving HD7790 that was happy mining from one computer to second one (both with Win7). Succeded to start mining on the second one only after copying working .bin file for the very same card from the first PC. You should try using old .bin files or start mining and generating .bin file with older version of cgminer and than use the latest GPU version...
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
in doge we tryst
-snip-
the key here is that these are essentially conveniences and you are taxed for using them. my question / assertion would be that the fun part is having lots of different coins and ways to maximize profitability, why omit yourself from that? Multipool tries its best to get you the most for your rate.

if the % return you're getting in some timeframe or with some method is clearly lower than if you had just stuck with one coin, or if you aren't around to micromanage a great conversion opportunity (swap coin x for coin y and move it from exchange z to exchange a, get the most profit that way). these are all factors that dampen the utility of instantly selling from a pool.

So, for someone who is unable to monitor coin values throughout the day most days, what becomes the most profitable strategy? 1) Hold alt coins until I can check their values and decide whether to sell, or 2) sell automatically?

What are others doing?

Atm, I'm only mining SHA-256 on multipool, but soon I'll probably move my scypt miners over as well.

Are there some coins included in the rotation that I should probably unload as fast as possible but others I should hang on to?

ETA: Also, is multipool doing merged mining of any kind? My other pool merge mines NMC, DVC, and IXC, I think... and I really like the extra income from that.
Activity: 172
Merit: 100
Any issues with WDC payouts right now? Have tried both manual and automatic and nothing working.
Activity: 453
Merit: 250
dfgfdgfdg
I just built a 7x5970 miner and installed Windows 8.1 to break the Win7 limitation of only 4 of the same card. But, I cannot get cgminer 3.7.2 to run with even one card plugged in. I've tried Catalyst 12.8, 13.1 and 13.9. When I launch cgminer it lists the pools and then maybe compiles the scrypt executable, or not, but just hangs, often freezing Win8.1 requiring a reboot.
I've searched around and the references I've found imply how easy it is. Does anybody know what I should try or have a link to a good Windows 8.1 mining setup page  Huh  TIA
Are you sure it's good hardware?  M
Brand spankin' new: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming motherboard, i7-4771 3.5 GHz cpu, a pair of Corsair TX850 PSUs, Adata 32 GB SSD, and a Kingston HyperX 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Dual Channel kit.  The 5970s are seasoned veterans of my earlier miner designs. It runs cgminer 3.8.3 with a fleet of Block Eruptors and jhProtoMiner 24x7 with never a problem.
Huh Huh Huh  Anybody know how to get cgMiner 3.7.2 to run under Windows 8.1  Huh Huh Huh
You seem like a seasoned veteran miner, so you've probably already done this, but in case you haven't: completely remove the AMD drivers, reboot, and install the latest stable (non beta) version.  I'm suspect of the 5970s.  Not sure if it's cgminer that doesn't like it, or windows. M

Yes, several times. I run Catalyst uninstall from the Control Panel/Programs, reboot, run amd_cleanup_util_1.2.1.0.exe, reboot, and run Driver Sweeper, reboot, install Catalyst. The latest non-beta driver on AMD's site is 13.9.

Good idea, I'll try a couple of other models. But they just won't look as bitchin' as those 7 red 5970s all lined.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
I've searched around and the references I've found imply how easy it is. Does anybody know what I should try or have a link to a good Windows 8.1 mining setup page  Huh  TIA

Brand spankin' new: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming motherboard, i7-4771 3.5 GHz cpu, a pair of Corsair TX850 PSUs, Adata 32 GB SSD, and a Kingston HyperX 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Dual Channel kit.  The 5970s are seasoned veterans of my earlier miner designs.

It runs cgminer 3.8.3 with a fleet of Block Eruptors and jhProtoMiner 24x7 with never a problem.

Huh Huh Huh  Anybody know how to get cgMiner 3.7.2 to run under Windows 8.1  Huh Huh Huh

You seem like a seasoned veteran miner, so you've probably already done this, but in case you haven't: completely remove the AMD drivers, reboot, and install the latest stable (non beta) version.  I'm suspect of the 5970s.  Not sure if it's cgminer that doesn't like it, or windows.

M
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
-snip-

Thanks very much for your elaborate answer. I will try your suggestion of comparing a week, but shouldn't we take in mind that price changes and market volatility itself also play a huge role (biggest?) in the final week outcome in result. This makes comparing theoretically impossible, we need to have the exact same situation again, which is impossible.

yes, you can't be completely accurate. you have to make volatility indices regarding what actually happened with any coin. Your rig might not allow it, but you could also split your rigs up to parallel mine and have more reference points for a week (given two similar rigs, was one strategy better or worse).

A week is also not enough time to have mined some of each or see lots of swings / pumps+dumps.

For example, you could just be "most profitable" if you can't sell consistently in time and high enough with just sticking with one pool rather than switching to chase profitability, especially if you don't want to wait.

Still the question about the AutoSell rule remains: I don't understand the options, could you maybe explain them? And which one is the best for auto-selling?

my assumptiona are, from least amount potentially gained to highest:

immediate complete sell: goes down all of the buy orders and fills the highest ones it can. No idea what happens regarding timing: what if it is going through this process and selling 1 at 10, then 5, then 1 but someone posts a buy for 11 where there's a sell wall of 10,000 and you only have 1? Assumption is that it detects you will not be able to fulfill this order and keeps going at the highest orders you can fulfill immediately. What if someone posts at 3 that you can fulfill, will it go up the cost to fulfill it? Dunno.

top buy bid: posts your order at whatever the most someone will pay for any amount is. If the highest buy is 1, but someone only wants .01 of it at 1... and you have 10, you will post 10 for sale at 1.

top sell bid: posts your order at whatever the least someone will sell for any amount is. (i'd prefer this be called the lowest sell bid, but I could be wrong about this description). if the top sell bid is 1 and there are 10,000 of it for sale at 1, you will post 10 for sale at 1. If there are .000001 for sale at 1, you will post 10 for sale at 1.

second highest sell bid: posts your order at whatever the 2nd least someone will sell for any amount. If there is a huge sell wall at 10, and the next highest sell is 11. you will post your order at 11. Of course what might also happen is a bunch of tiny sales before the wall and yours would be the 2nd highest of those.

Assuming 100% of your orders sell, you would end up with the most return in that order, the balance is that you actually might not see a sale with those options ever. and in the case of hitting a peak or upswing, you would be most profitable selling asap rather than missing the upswing due to risking that the upswing will keep going up.

Another concept is that holding these for long periods of time will increase their values more than converting them even in the near short term will ever, especially if you wait for obvious pumps/bubbles. "All boats rise with the tide..." The valuations some of these coins that have no unique utility is phenomenal when you consider them relative to bitcoins historical value. they are worth a lot, really quickly, just due to their proximity to bitcoin as a technological advancement. The flipside of that idea is that we're just seeing them in a bubble and they're just a distraction away from the fact that coins should just be considered their hashing algo, more than 1 of each method is redundant even regarding tangential functionality.

the key here is that these are essentially conveniences and you are taxed for using them. my question / assertion would be that the fun part is having lots of different coins and ways to maximize profitability, why omit yourself from that? Multipool tries its best to get you the most for your rate.

if the % return you're getting in some timeframe or with some method is clearly lower than if you had just stuck with one coin, or if you aren't around to micromanage a great conversion opportunity (swap coin x for coin y and move it from exchange z to exchange a, get the most profit that way). these are all factors that dampen the utility of instantly selling from a pool.

dfgfdgfdg

Brand spankin' new: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming motherboard, i7-4771 3.5 GHz cpu, a pair of Corsair TX850 PSUs, Adata 32 GB SSD, and a Kingston HyperX 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Dual Channel kit.  The 5970s are seasoned veterans of my earlier miner designs.

It runs cgminer 3.8.3 with a fleet of Block Eruptors and jhProtoMiner 24x7 with never a problem.

Activity: 80
Both auto and manual payout requests are not working for me. LKY and MEC
please fix
legendary

I've searched around and the references I've found imply how easy it is. Does anybody know what I should try or have a link to a good Windows 8.1 mining setup page  Huh

TIA

Are you sure it's good hardware? 

M
dfgfdgfdg

I've searched around and the references I've found imply how easy it is. Does anybody know what I should try or have a link to a good Windows 8.1 mining setup page  Huh

TIA
legendary
Some coins are stuck in requested for me as well

PXC isn't running for me.  But I can't generate a PXC address on Cryptsy either, so maybe PXC in general is broken atm.

M
Activity: 80
Some coins are stuck in requested for me as well
Activity: 16
I have not received (in several hours) an auto payout across multiple coins depite passing the auto payout threshold and requesting payouts in several different coins.

Paul

Manual payouts are working for me. Hit yourself up again.
legendary
Where can I adjust on my multipool account to change the altcoins to btc??

I don't believe that's an option.

M
Activity: 33
I have not received (in several hours) an auto payout across multiple coins depite passing the auto payout threshold and requesting payouts in several different coins.

Paul
Activity: 42
Where can I adjust on my multipool account to change the altcoins to btc??
Activity: 84
in doge we tryst
wow, just found this... what a great idea
Activity: 98
-snip-

Thanks very much for your elaborate answer. I will try your suggestion of comparing a week, but shouldn't we take in mind that price changes and market volatility itself also play a huge role (biggest?) in the final week outcome in result. This makes comparing theoretically impossible, we need to have the exact same situation again, which is impossible.

Still the question about the AutoSell rule remains: I don't understand the options, could you maybe explain them? And which one is the best for auto-selling?
Activity: 56
I have set-up Multipool to auto withdraw my mined coins to Cryptsy. I have a question about the right amount of coins to transfer, what amount to auto-sell at Cryptsy, and what AutoSell Rule is best for my situation.

I have now set Multipool up to withdraw at 1 coin, and Cryptsy to auto-sell at "Sell at top bid (higher price)". Question: Is 1 a good amount to set at Multipool? Or should it be higher? (Does this matter, since the fee is relative (%))?
There are three other options/rules though, "Sell at top buy (lower price)", "Sell at 2nd highest sell bid (Highest price)", and "Immediate & Complete Sell (lowest price)". Question: What is the best and most profitable AutoSell rule?

My hashing is at ~2600 kHash, and really like Multipool's auto-switching option. Coupled with Cryptsy this is really time-saving and efficient, albeit maybe not the most profitable way. Question: Is it really thát more profitable to save the coins, and trade them yourself on Cryptsy?

Thanks very much for your help!

Well the problem for anyone is the volatility of the alt-coins is subject to pump+dump targets every now and again. Multipool uses a 'secret blend of herbs and spices' to determine what the profitability is. There are a lot of ways that auto-withdraw and auto-sell backfires:

1. you might not have enough coins while it is profitable due to confirms, then when the confirms kick you over your threshold, it autotransfers and sells low.

2. you might be mining something that is being pumped and that's why its registering as profitable, if you don't get rid of it before it dumps you might get rid of it when it drops under the correction before it flattens out again.

3. overlaps 1+2... It isn't necessarily "always" profitable to auto transfer and sell. are you selling over the 'fee' for the automation?

4. your profitability numbers allegedly don't overlap 100% with cryptsy. Maybe the reason it is profitable is a surge on btc-e? autoselling to cryptsy doesn't align with that profitability number necessarily.

to answer your question regarding good threshold: minimizing fees while maximizing profits from early withdrawal is the goal. thresh of 1 will bypass penalties, but what if the benefit of selling at a peak outweighs the penalty/transaction costs for selling?

Yes it is convenient but realize that there are still taxes/convenience charges that leave a lot of room for micromanagement to extract maximum profit. If you're not interested in max profit, it's up to you to decide how much of a 'lazy tax' you're willing to take.

The options on cryptsy basically add up to long term risks. Do you want to sell right now for less, or later for potentially way more?

An advanced feature might be to make a decision based on the size of buy/sell walls to move to the next highest/lowest...

What you can do is just autosell for a week (or whatever length of time). See what it gets you. Then auto-deposit for a week and for 10 minutes a night you can post all your sell orders manually. See which one yielded more, and there you go. Did selling manually let you beat the .1% auto-sell penalty?

From there you can look into not auto withdrawing and perhaps sending / trading cross exchange to really maximize profit.

Pages:
Jump to: