Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][WAS][WeAreSatoshi] | X11 | Hybrid PoS/PoW | Trading on C-Cex.com - page 17. (Read 42564 times)

Activity: 290
Merit: 250
CoinPayments
14,116,888,428 WAS has been exchanged now Smiley (42% of all v1 WAS minted.)
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
I have asked allcoin to add Version 2 I suggest others go to the troll box and submit a ticket asking to add WASv2
legendary
Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001
Howdy everyone -

I see our hash rate grew overnight, which is great news.  It means people are excited about the coin, have access to mine (no ASICs required!), and want to hold some of their own WAS!

We need a few more pools!  If you know anyone interested (and capable) of hosting more pools, please have them fire it up and post the link to the pool.  I'll add it to the OP.

Cryptocurrency is about decentralization!  It'll take a few pools to truly be decentralized.

I asked SuperNova to see if he's willing to change it to X11 pool. It's been a great pool.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
"Change is the only constant." -Heraclitus
Howdy everyone -

I see our hash rate grew overnight, which is great news.  It means people are excited about the coin, have access to mine (no ASICs required!), and want to hold some of their own WAS!

We need a few more pools!  If you know anyone interested (and capable) of hosting more pools, please have them fire it up and post the link to the pool.  I'll add it to the OP.

Cryptocurrency is about decentralization!  It'll take a few pools to truly be decentralized.
legendary
It looks quite a bit of WAS v1 is still sitting on EuropeX.

https://www.europex.eu/#!coin/doge/was

It will be interesting to see 1) what europex does with WAS, as I've not heard anything from them regarding the fork and 2) how the WAS v1 price responds to the fork.  

In theory, aside from needing a new pool to maintain a consistent hash rate, you could run a v1 and v2 exchange concurrently.  WAS v1 may become more valuable as coins are transferred to v2 and become more rare.  As well as the block reward has been reduced to 0 on that chain, eliminating any mine and dump opportunities.

I don't think they'll do anything as long as they get their commissions

1. They lost the nodes yesterday and was going to remove it. I sent them a support ticket with the working nodes and told them about the swap and the new ANN plus was.club so they are aware of the new WAS just haven't make a move yet.
2. Price hasn't changed nor moved since the swap. I'm sure BTC commission is more attractive than Dodge's.
Activity: 256

It will be interesting to see 1) what europex does with WAS, as I've not heard anything from them regarding the fork and 2) how the WAS v1 price responds to the fork. 

In theory, aside from needing a new pool to maintain a consistent hash rate, you could run a v1 and v2 exchange concurrently.  WAS v1 may become more valuable as coins are transferred to v2 and become more rare.  As well as the block reward has been reduced to 0 on that chain, eliminating any mine and dump opportunities.

I don't think they'll do anything as long as they get their commissions

In theory, aside from needing a new pool to maintain a consistent hash rate, you could run a v1 and v2 exchange concurrently.  WAS v1 may become more valuable as coins are transferred to v2 and become more rare.  As well as the block reward has been reduced to 0 on that chain, eliminating any mine and dump opportunities.
I've got 5Ghs pointed at the ispace WAS v1 pool to help ensure the blocks keep moving.

Thanks for helping.  Just remember that the problem isn't so much a lack of hash power, but an inconsistent amount of it...  Once you turn off your 5 Ghs, the block chain will inevitably stall while it readjusts.  Hopefully, you're keeping that 5 Ghs online for a while though!   Wink
Maybe the title of the thread should be changed to include Launch of WAS version 2. This might draw in attention of new users.

I updated the thread title and cleaned up the OP from future tense to past tense when referring to the launch and coin swap.  What an exciting first day, with a huge amount of coin swaps!

Maybe even add today's date after. Shows when it was updated or show that V2 was launched today.

The forum does that already, as long as we keep the discussion alive and active we'll continue to be on the top of the Altcoin discussions and pulling in new page views / users.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10

Activity: 74
Merit: 10
I've got 5Ghs pointed at the ispace WAS v1 pool to help ensure the blocks keep moving.
Maybe the title of the thread should be changed to include Launch of WAS version 2. This might draw in attention of new users.

I updated the thread title and cleaned up the OP from future tense to past tense when referring to the launch and coin swap.  What an exciting first day, with a huge amount of coin swaps!

Maybe even add today's date after. Shows when it was updated or show that V2 was launched today.

Damn, did we hit to any ex yet Smiley

The RockyTrade.net admin was pretty busy when I spoke with him earlier today.  I'm waiting for him to get back to me via email with his plans, so I can share them here.  The only thing I can tell you is that he had concerns about doing a coin swap, because he didn't want to force users to upgrade to v2.

I recommend that you reach out to jrwhite via the RockyTrade.net IRC and chat box, and let him know you want the v2 market.
CoinPayments
For those of you who are running into the 21 million WAS limit but don't want to use the debug console/RPC I uploaded a new build to get rid of the limit: https://github.com/WeAreSatoshi/WeAreSatoshi-Binaries/blob/master/WeAreSatoshi-0.8.99.9-Setup.exe

I don't have any wallets that big to test with, but it should work Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
Damn, did we hit to any ex yet Smiley
legendary
9,528,766,871 WAS v1 has been exchanged now.
That's around 29% of all minted v1 WAS Smiley

Pretty good for the first day  Cheesy
CoinPayments
9,528,766,871 WAS v1 has been exchanged now.
That's around 29% of all minted v1 WAS Smiley
After pulling all of my hair out to try to get the v1 pool back online, I've decided there is really no reason!  That 30 second block target combined with super-fast ASIC hashing makes MPOS go haywire if there is the slightest hiccup.  In this case the hiccup was the daemon dropping offline to go in to a "Safe Mode" because blocks stalled for a period of time...

Long story short, the shares come in faster than MPOS can assign them to the rewarded block.  Then it crashes when it detects shares that are not in the same order as the discovered blocks.

I've got the pool restored to the point where you can request manual cash outs and auto payouts will be processed.  I'll be taking the pool offline next week, July 15.  Any unclaimed coins will be lost if not claimed by then.

PM me if you are having issues with your manual payments.  We'll get it squared away!

The v2 pool will remain online, and has nothing to do with this issue.  The X11 Algo should be able to handle the 30 second block targets MUCH better than the super fast ASICs.
Pages:
Jump to: