Author

Topic: [ANN][XRB]Cryptocurrency's killer app: RaiBlocks micropayments - page 315. (Read 775150 times)

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163
Will there be wallet for 32 bit version 8
Activity: 714
Merit: 252
The wallet started to sync very slow after reaching 1.8M. Currently around 2M is finished.

The wallet froze and doesn't respond. Already restarted few time, still the same. I'll just try later to uninstall/reinstall again.
Activity: 518
So as I understand it, its going to take over a year to get all the coins into circulation? If thats the case, then is this distribution method of the faucet the best way to go about it? Can

we not do an airdrop or POS/MN type of distribution? And if it is mineable and its mainly POW with a small distribution in faucet please disregard this post. Roll Eyes
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
If you are using HDD, not SSD, I guess it will require more fixes.
I made several runs with SSD & it was about 50-70 minutes completely fresh.

HDD, SSD, even tried on my ram disk. Stalled at 15919 (1761268) now for hours and it took hours to even get that far. Worst wallet I've ever used so far and yes I'm using v8, running as admin, etc. BTC full node might take a long time but at least it'll complete.

UDP Receive error: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
My log files are full of this but I do not run a firewall. Even turning the one on my router off and putting it in DMZ does not make it sync.

Is there an online wallet that lets you import seed / private key?
Activity: 714
The wallet started to sync very slow after reaching 1.8M. Currently around 2M is finished.
Activity: 9
Hello guys, someone here know when the faucet will be working again? Sorry 4 my bad english, I'm from Venezuela LOL.
Activity: 150
Indeed, the wallet was fresh installed and I'm using SSD......takes about an hour for full sync!
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
when maintence end..please come back...
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Faucet should restart on Monday 28 August.
good to hear that but why stop paying the backlog since two days ago?
would have been great to get paid at this rate  Grin (4800 captchas ~ 85 XRB)
lets see what's new on monday, hopefully it would discourage people claiming thru pool service

I'm also waiting for the Monday, 28th of August, same for the many Rai fans Smiley

I'm very happy with the current price!
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Sync time on the newer version doesn't seem to be all that different for me, still taking an eternity.  For the people who said it synced in an hour did you start completely fresh(deleting all files from any previous wallet including everything in the appdata folder and just import from the seed)?  I'm getting really tired of this hassle.  The most basic of things is that you can actually use whatever currency you're using, not have to fight the wallet at every turn.
If you are using HDD, not SSD, I guess it will require more fixes.
I made several runs with SSD & it was about 50-70 minutes completely fresh.
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
Sync time on the newer version doesn't seem to be all that different for me, still taking an eternity.  For the people who said it synced in an hour did you start completely fresh(deleting all files from any previous wallet including everything in the appdata folder and just import from the seed)?  I'm getting really tired of this hassle.  The most basic of things is that you can actually use whatever currency you're using, not have to fight the wallet at every turn.

I synced from 0 to full in a little over 1 hour on an (5year old) laptop (intel i7, ssd, 100mbit internet connection)
It was a fresh install indeed.
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
When will Raiblock's wallet sync faster? I'm getting this feeling if it doesn't sync faster, it will become useless to make transactions on the network as you have to wait for synchronization every time your wallet is offline for quite some time.

Have you ever tried to sync bitcoin ? Most certainly not, otherwise you woudln't complain about raiblocks sync.

Most bitcoin users use light wallets.

The Raiblocks wallet you are using is a Full Wallet, meaning you download every transaction that has ever been made on the network.

If you want to use a light wallet you can use any of the web wallets out there.
Currently for desktop, there is only the Full Wallet option available which actually syncs incredibly quickly compared to other blockchains.
Activity: 784
Merit: 506
Activity: 150
Looks like new wallet  V 8.0.0.synchronizing very well.....after installation it tooks about an one hour for full synh. Now wallet in Runing status and was checked by reciving XRB from Bit Grail.....working perfectly for me and by the way, transaction fly with flash speed ))) Nice work Dev!!!
Activity: 1232
Merit: 738
Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com
Faucet should restart on Monday 28 August.
good to hear that but why stop paying the backlog since two days ago?
would have been great to get paid at this rate  Grin (4800 captchas ~ 85 XRB)
lets see what's new on monday, hopefully it would discourage people claiming thru pool service
Activity: 11
I installed the rai wallet on my laptop and set one password which I cannot remember. I locked the wallet and need to unlock it but cannot do so without the password. Can some kind hearted person please explain how to reset the rai wallet password? I tried looking in the raiblockscommunity website but could not find anything there too.
There is no way to reset desktop wallet password of course

T_T thanks a lot for the information bro,, hmm so the only way i can do now is reinstalling my OS so i can start over using raiwallet desktop right? thanks

I think the easiest way is to remove 'C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Local\RaiBlocks' No need to reinstall whole os or fiddle with command line if you just want to get a new wallet. Just remember that unless you have backed up your seed your old accounts will be lost forever. (and you'll need to sync again, but that shouldn't take too long now)
I installed the rai wallet on my laptop and set one password which I cannot remember. I locked the wallet and need to unlock it but cannot do so without the password. Can some kind hearted person please explain how to reset the rai wallet password? I tried looking in the raiblockscommunity website but could not find anything there too.

T_T thanks a lot for the information bro,, hmm so the only way i can do now is reinstalling my OS so i can start over using raiwallet desktop right? thanks
May be I explained it wrong. I guess you have account with forgotten password & want access to XRB.
If it's fresh install & account doesn't contain XRB, you can use command-line to remove encrypted wallet forever

Navigate to program folder
Code:
cd C:\Program Files\rai 8.0.0
Find wallet ID
Code:
rai_wallet.exe --wallet_list 2>&1 | more
Remove wallet (sample wallet ID 663E47F2B45B695D902F61720655247F26B104F3D2BD19EABB95BDFA73FBF09E)
Code:
rai_wallet.exe --wallet_destroy --wallet=663E47F2B45B695D902F61720655247F26B104F3D2BD19EABB95BDFA73FBF09E 2>&1 | more
Activity: 486
Merit: 102
Hello. I'm a fan of this coin. I really think this coin price will go up. By the way until faucet run again i will go buy some coins. If this will be listed on bittrex will boom price.
Activity: 81

'Status: Running, Block: 2092052 (66500)'

Does this mean that the wallet has completed syncing?
No, should be around 2998404+ blocks

version 8.0.0
Looks like you don't want to make full report about problem with OS version, antivirus etc.
Jump to: