Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] YACoin ongoing development - page 130. (Read 379983 times)

Activity: 802
Merit: 1003
GCVMMWH
August 27, 2013, 04:23:36 PM
Ok. How do you want to proceed?

My adress is 1AM4UYBjY6VyxD9oTgi8xCGB6VfQN3dcEe. I'd say you post this on the dev thread and I'll send you 20kYAC. You send the btc and I'll wire the rest.

St.Bit has been gracious enough to sell 40,000 YAC's to me for 2BTC's Like every YAC I've mined and purchased, I will be holding them for the long term.

To promote trust, we're doing a public transaction.

Please send first 20,000 YAC's to:   YLoyZvVK1ckViN91wfU3xpFADjBAb7rHyZ

Activity: 802
Merit: 1003
GCVMMWH
August 27, 2013, 02:00:03 PM

EDIT: WTF, someone just crashed the market by dumping over 60k YACs... Huh now we're at 0.00005 -.-"

Ugh!  I don't currently have access to my wallet, but if anyone wants to sell 2BTC's of YAC to me at or around 0.00005 let know ASAP!!!
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
One does not simply mine Bitcoins
August 27, 2013, 01:57:17 PM
No. You would have to wait for the blockchain to update bevor funds are sent.
But it should be possible from the protocol's perspective. Dunno why the client refuses to do so.

It also sucks if you don't have those funds already and want to check total balance.
Yeah, I use my block explorer for that, too. Cheesy
Activity: 280
August 27, 2013, 01:55:19 PM
YAC could be made ultrafast if we go even further and include electrum into yacoin-qt. As long as the bockchain is updated it will be used to send funds and check balances. Without having to wait for the blockchain there is no reason to use something else on computers.

w8, wat? electrum has to use some electrum server which has a full yacoind node with an up-to-date blockchain up and running. only electrum client is fast, the server counterpart needs yacoind AND it has to do some more processing (keeping balance of every yacoin address ever used in a separate database, keeping you recent transaction history, etc...)

Faster means you don't have to wait for blockchain to update when sending funds. This isn't about transaction speed it's about the time it takes you to actually send funds. 1min to get the txt into the chain plus a day to load the blockchain is damm slow. It's just in addition to the current mechanism when that doesn't work yet due to updating.

If I understand you correctly, then this is already possible. You don't have to wait for the client to sync as long as you're spending inputs from the blocks you have in your local blockchain (there's one obvious exception - blockchain forks, but they don't happen that often these days).

EDIT: WTF, someone just crashed the market by dumping over 60k YACs... Huh now we're at 0.00005 -.-"

No. You would have to wait for the blockchain to update bevor funds are sent. It also sucks if you don't have those funds already and want to check total balance. It also gives a bad impression for first time users of after a long time away. Maybe some one was so pissed about this so he dumpt them all on an exchange ... xD.

August 27, 2013, 12:42:20 PM
YAC could be made ultrafast if we go even further and include electrum into yacoin-qt. As long as the bockchain is updated it will be used to send funds and check balances. Without having to wait for the blockchain there is no reason to use something else on computers.

w8, wat? electrum has to use some electrum server which has a full yacoind node with an up-to-date blockchain up and running. only electrum client is fast, the server counterpart needs yacoind AND it has to do some more processing (keeping balance of every yacoin address ever used in a separate database, keeping you recent transaction history, etc...)

Faster means you don't have to wait for blockchain to update when sending funds. This isn't about transaction speed it's about the time it takes you to actually send funds. 1min to get the txt into the chain plus a day to load the blockchain is damm slow. It's just in addition to the current mechanism when that doesn't work yet due to updating.

If I understand you correctly, then this is already possible. You don't have to wait for the client to sync as long as you're spending inputs from the blocks you have in your local blockchain (there's one obvious exception - blockchain forks, but they don't happen that often these days).

August 27, 2013, 12:31:02 PM

August 27, 2013, 12:19:57 PM

Activity: 756
Merit: 501
August 27, 2013, 09:43:12 AM
Every Linux guy knows YaST – Yet another Setup Tool and no one would ever dare to touch it's name.  Wink
Activity: 274
August 27, 2013, 09:37:38 AM
Let's just say "coin" is a synonym for "currency" in the crytocurrency world and the name "your alternative currency" is unpacking that part for laymen. Yacoin_XYZ can stay as they are. Wink
August 27, 2013, 09:19:36 AM
I didn't want to spam on the voting thread so I' post this here:

A3

Using word "currency" would mean all occurrences of YACoin would need to be changed to YACurrency, not easy and actualy looks shit.

It is a very poor desicition that hasn't been thought thru.

We would also have to change the domains of the following sites:

yacoin.de
yacoin.org
yacointalk.com
EDIT:Wouldn't actually matter, but the abveration still sucks.
github.com/yacoin

Since searching for YAC isn't acciociated with Yacoin we wouldn't have a useful abveration. (YACurrency Huh)
When I'm googling altcoins I have to write them usually XXCoin so I can actually find crypto. I wouldn't know the full name of many other altcoins that are so uncommon like YAC. Standard google response for YAC is Yeast Artificial Chromosome btw.
August 27, 2013, 08:54:01 AM
I'm making the thread. Wait a moment.  Smiley

It would have been a good idea to post the address as well:

DON'T VOTE HERE, GO TO:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3011758

TO VOTE FOR NAME AND LOGO.

Ah, I see. You're right.
August 27, 2013, 08:33:22 AM
I'm making the thread. Wait a moment.  Smiley

I would have been a good idea to post the adress aswell:

DON'T VOTE HERE, GO TO:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3011758

TO VOTE FOR NAME AND LOGO.
August 27, 2013, 08:15:46 AM
I'm making the thread. Wait a moment.  Smiley

Awesome thanks!  I will be sending some YAC's your way.

Thank you very much.  Smiley
August 26, 2013, 07:51:08 PM
So do we think an android client is feasible?
Hell yea!

Do we think we can have it up and running some-what-soon?
I don't know, but I'm supporting it with a 5kYAC bounty.

One of the strengths of YAC is its super fast confirmation time.  We might as well use it to our advantage.
This doesn't matter much if it takes 5min to start the client and wait 30min to update the blockchain. There is no benefit in getting to work by racecar if it takes 30min to start. I don't like lite clients or onlinewallets and belive they should be avoided when possible.

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1012
★Nitrogensports.eu★
August 26, 2013, 06:44:43 PM
Why adding another program that does the same as the original but a little faster and can't replace it.

Yeah, show me the YAC client running on your android phone. Tongue

*catching up on the last few days of post*

So do we think an android client is feasible?  Do we think we can have it up and running some-what-soon?  One of the strengths of YAC is its super fast confirmation time.  We might as well use it to our advantage.  I know several of my friends/family/colleges would be interested in a way to send YAC through a mobile app.
August 26, 2013, 03:44:35 PM
Why adding another program that does the same as the original but a little faster and can't replace it.
I hope you don't want to PoS on your phone so you'd have to run yacoin-qt anyways. Tongue
Why would I want to PoS mine on a phone? LOL Also, I don't have enough coins for PoS to really matter.
I've even edited that post for you so stop loling at me! :I just sent you 12YAC so even you could enjoy some PoS(

EDIT: There seems to be a bug in the client:

I wanted to sent some spare (as mentioned above) and did that bevor the blockchain got updated completely. Since it said "Transaction sent" I forgot about it and it got closed while reboot. I don't autostart yacoin so I just noticed it because I thought I might have used the wrong adress and checked it on yacexplorer.

There should be at least a warning when closing the client with pending txts and an option to chancle such.
August 26, 2013, 03:33:37 PM
I hope you don't want to PoS on your phone so you'd have to run yacoin-qt anyways. Tongue
Why would I want to PoS mine on a phone? LOL Also, I don't have enough coins for PoS to really matter.
Also, it's not like it couldn't be implemented in electrum. Tongue
August 26, 2013, 03:29:46 PM

August 26, 2013, 03:28:30 PM

August 26, 2013, 03:17:28 PM
Slow startup has been fixed in 0.8 versions of different Wallets with optimizations or by moving to LevelDB wallet instead of libdb4.8. I would wait until PPC or NVC moves forward but depending on our skillful coders we could imitate LTC too.
YAC is currently by far the slowest client I have running. I hope you can fix that, but you don't have to reinvent the weel when you could copy it easier from someone else.

On the same issue, Sairon said he is currently working on an electrum implementation for YAC. I know you guys hate centralisation, but as long as the blockchain is updating I've no problems with using electrum for transactions with yacoin-qt. Since electrum shouldn't be used for PoS you should have to run yacoin-qt anyways. Why adding another program to the computer that does the same as the original but a little faster and can't replace it.

"Download a full client, fund it via exchange and you are ready to go." without all the security risks of most people running just electrum.

Thanks WindMaster for your summer's contributions and letting us continue with the project.
I almost forgot to thank WM for his work. Thanks a lot and I hope you might return again and regret that you sold yours xD!

EDIT: added the underlined
Jump to: