Author

Topic: [Antminer S1 Sales open] Price changes daily, now 0.414 BTC for 180GH/s - page 180. (Read 346284 times)

Activity: 767
Merit: 500
lets not all forget that bitmain has surprised and shipped early too.

Damn you ... guess I will order 1 more to put me above a TH. Its just hard to pay the price when I already have units hashing at the current difficulty. If I buy 1 more it will increase my dollar\cost average.

Worst case scenario is you sell off one of your units for close to what you paid after a few months of use.

People actually buy miners when their golden days are long gone?

How often are chargebacks?

I sold 50 usb erupters on amazon for 20+ dollars a piece from the end of dec to the end of january. Not one chargeback or anything. Doubled my money. Greater fool theory  Kiss
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
Express UPS shipping. Warranty. LABOR. So you expect them to sell them at cost? Interesting.

This isn't the UAW we're talking about here.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Express UPS shipping. Warranty. LABOR. So you expect them to sell them at cost? Interesting.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
I think Bitmain maybe getting close to their cost of production.

Increased difficulty combined with a falling BTC price can lead to a situation where it no longer makes financial sense for a hardware manufacturer to produce another batch of hardware.

If the price of BTC falls further or remains close to where it is now, I expect less mining hardware to be produced in the near future.

1.45BTC is still about $1000 - consdering that bitmain chips probably only cost $2-4 a peice ($120-240 total) + 2x$10 heatsinks + $30 control module + PCB and parts (<$120) + shipping (<$100) = something between $300 and $600 for each unit to produce.

I agree though - hopefully a return to a >$700 BTC will allow a price drop
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
How Incan manual put max speed at fan at s1

Use the search function.  Read threads.  It'd be really nice if you stopped trying to be spoon fed everything.

OR, you can buy the information from me.  0.05 BTC and I'll tell you how to make the fan run at 100%
Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

Why not add another fan at the other side to blow out the hot air the other fan is blowing out and have better and cooler air circulation?

legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Increased difficulty combined with a falling BTC price can lead to a situation where it no longer makes financial sense for a hardware manufacturer to produce another batch of hardware.

If the price of BTC falls further or remains close to where it is now, I expect less mining hardware to be produced in the near future.

Nothing new here. Remember the 333MH/s block erupters? They were like $150 or something in the beginning and in the end just a few dollars. Then they stopped making them because, like you said, the production costs were higher than they were sold for.

However, if you produce a new chip (a faster chip and perhaps also better power efficiency) you're all good to go again to follow this same route.

Pure theory here, but what if Bitmain is able to produce a chip which is twice as fast as their current chip and they're able to run it in the same configuration with hardly any extra costs? Then you have a miner which is capable of 360GH/s at perhaps 500w and it's all good to go again for the next months.

So it's not like less mining hardware will be produced, but there will be less mining hardware of this current generation produced and they'll move on to the next generation.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Welcome to new difficulty 3.15 bilion

So?
And a few days from now it will be higher and higher....

That means that newer and faster equipment will come out with a relatively good price.
Apart from that, when the difficulty increases it is obviously harder to acquire bitcoins, they become more and more rare,
and the more rare they are the more they are worth!

So what is your point igorr?
Why do you keep polluting this thread?

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1039
What is the most securited tempature at s1. Mine is 48 calcium is safe?

Average 45-50 is ok
Mine at one stage was 67c and worked.
New order which i made is nice hashing at 40-45c at the moment.
legendary
Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001
I guess 48 calcium is good for your health Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Welcome to new difficulty 3.15 bilion
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
They're sold out now anyway
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1039
hi all
if anyone needs a coupon code for 0.2btc PM me, i guess it's a transferable ID.
i'll send the code first to a member with let's say activity > 50 for a small tip if it works.

code expires on February 20. Shame they don't have anything in stock yet.

I doubt it's transferable coz you apply it when you place an order.
If no coupons are in your My Coupons section then you have no coupons to apply.

I think u right. U cannot apply coupon manually by typing.
hi all
i'll send the code first to a member with let's say activity > 50 for a small tip if it works.

I doubt it's transferable coz you apply it when you place an order.
If no coupons are in your My Coupons section then you have no coupons to apply.
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
hi all

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
how many degrees F would you say one Antminer increases the temperature of a small bedroom?  Two Antminers?

Hella hot, bro.

Hella hot!

I won't even bother asking you for the square footage of the room or where you live.
One Antminer will make it uncomfortably warm if you don't vent the room CONSTANTLY.... and two Antminers will make you need to walk around in your underwear.

2 Ants & 5870=85 F overnight,when the door is closed  Shocked
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
*bamf!* you've just been eaten by a gr00.
how many degrees F would you say one Antminer increases the temperature of a small bedroom?  Two Antminers?

Hella hot, bro.

Hella hot!

I won't even bother asking you for the square footage of the room or where you live.
One Antminer will make it uncomfortably warm if you don't vent the room CONSTANTLY.... and two Antminers will make you need to walk around in your underwear.
Jump to: