Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S4+ Discussion and Support Thread - page 4. (Read 20065 times)

Activity: 78
Merit: 10
Kupla Kudos Coming Ur Way!
I have the spades, that's the problem.  Undecided

I send bitmain tech an email already and they told me that they reply soon regarding the PSU.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
In that case will I be able to purchase from them?

You can purchase an alternative one on their site, but you'll have to check that you have a PCI-E version of the S4. If you have the type with spade connectors you'll have to ask Bitmain if they have spares of another PSU.
In that case will I be able to purchase from them?
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
Hello,

I have an S4 7 months old and power supply gave in already, just wanna know if it is still covered for warranty and how will be the process of returning or is there someone in charge with regards to warranty.

Thanks & best regards

kae1078

No warranty after 90 days.
Hello,

I have an S4 7 months old and power supply gave in already, just wanna know if it is still covered for warranty and how will be the process of returning or is there someone in charge with regards to warranty.

Thanks & best regards

kae1078
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Yes, but as a former software developer I must say I am not too amused about that firmware... Actually I would say we would have been directly fired, if we delievered such issues... Smiley

Why? If I leave my Windows based PC on a publicly visible IP, its going to get attacked like hell yet its not Microsoft's fault. Its no different here, if you put yourself at risk eventually someone nefarious will find you.
Activity: 689
Merit: 260
Yes, but as a former software developer I must say I am not too amused about that firmware... Actually I would say we would have been directly fired, if we delievered such issues... Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1456
another reset did it... Smiley

Glad you got it working!  I was working on post and hit post... and you had it fixed already.   Which is a good thing Smiley.

A simple reset can do amazing things sometimes. 
another reset did it... Smiley
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
So I've placed them behind a small firewall and opened port 3333, nothing arriving at the pool, but I can ping the pool main ip from the device. Do I need to setup NAT for this?
Would be so much easier with an IP restriction....

You don't need inbound NAT, and you don't need to open port 3333 inbound, as long as the box can reach the internet and make a TCP connection is should be fine.
So I've placed them behind a small firewall and opened port 3333, nothing arriving at the pool, but I can ping the pool main ip from the device. Do I need to setup NAT for this?
Would be so much easier with an IP restriction....
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Now that they have seen those IP's you for sure need to change them from test run to regular behind router and possibly other equipment if it's a true data center.

Yep. They'll have added those IPs to the script they use so regardless of how many times you reset it, the script will still change it back when it runs. It may even be entirely operated, just scouting around for open IPs and hardware.
legendary
I attached them directly to the internet, too lazy to set something up for my testrun. Grin

This would explain it.  It's not just about physical access.  If your putting any device miner or other put up a firewall unless for some reason you cannot have it.

Now that they have seen those IP's you for sure need to change them from test run to regular behind router and possibly other equipment if it's a true data center.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
It is my datacenter, I know that it is in a room where nobody has access.  Wink

I was on bitminter and kano with the devices.

Check your Logs, see where the change came from, also update your passwords.

From what I understand its a flaw in the bitmain system. And people could just be scanning for devices. Its not hard to scan a full subnet for a device that reports it's self as Antminer, then launch a relatively non-sophisticated attack.

This was looked at previously. It requires publicly accessible IP addresses which co-locations often use. Secure your gear behind a firewall.
Activity: 507
Merit: 500

Check your Logs, see where the change came from, also update your passwords.

From what I understand its a flaw in the bitmain system. And people could just be scanning for devices. Its not hard to scan a full subnet for a device that reports it's self as Antminer, then launch a relatively non-sophisticated attack.

I attached them directly to the internet, too lazy to set something up for my testrun. Grin

legendary
It is my datacenter, I know that it is in a room where nobody has access.  Wink

I don't believe either of those have been hacked, at least not that I know about. And with them changing pool makes me think someone accessing machine, as if they had the pool they would still let the miners all mine to it and take the block rewards.

I highly suggest looking at your security logs to see if outside IP was connected during time range it switched.  I don't mean physical access but remote via internet.

I have some on a IP and they have never been hacked (i have hardened my router to help).  But if you look at security breaches things that should not happen, does not mean it cannot happen.

legendary
There is no access to that part of the datacenter and nobody can see the traffic... might a pool got hacked or something like that?

There should be no access in data center but things can happen that should not. I suggest looking into the center. 

What pool were you using?   We can tell more about pool troubles knowing it.
There is no access to that part of the datacenter and nobody can see the traffic... might a pool got hacked or something like that?
Pages:
Jump to: