Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S4+ Discussion and Support Thread - page 5. (Read 20065 times)

Activity: 507
Merit: 500
This would be very scary.   Is your miners in a data center with other?  Or are you hosting at your house?

Anyways wish you best of luck stopping it.  If home I would see about locking down your router.   Start there for security.

I have them in my datacenter, directly attached to the internet for testing purposes. Of course it is an easy thing to put them behind a firewall, but this should not be possible... However, I reset them, changed the IPs, changed the ssh password and will put the behind a firewall as soon as I am back at the datacenter. Smiley

But it seems to be very easy to get hashpower from bitmain products without buying bitmain products...  Grin Grin

I rather wonder how they got my ips?  Huh

One might assume by the type of traffic, or it could be someone in the datacenter
Activity: 689
Merit: 260
This would be very scary.   Is your miners in a data center with other?  Or are you hosting at your house?

Anyways wish you best of luck stopping it.  If home I would see about locking down your router.   Start there for security.

I have them in my datacenter, directly attached to the internet for testing purposes. Of course it is an easy thing to put them behind a firewall, but this should not be possible... However, I reset them, changed the IPs, changed the ssh password and will put the behind a firewall as soon as I am back at the datacenter. Smiley

But it seems to be very easy to get hashpower from bitmain products without buying bitmain products...  Grin Grin

I rather wonder how they got my ips?  Huh
Activity: 325
Merit: 250
btw: it would be great if it was possible to restrict ui access, I only want the miner to be accessible from one (or more) ips... would appreciate if bitmain tech could add this feature in a future firmware upgrade Smiley

Well, it happened! All of my S4+ (6 in total) have been hijacked...

I have different passwords for each device, and they are bulletproof... I've read some posts here and it seems that the developers of cgminer have reported that this will happend to bitmaintech but they didn't care... Even KNC Miner Neptune can restrict access to specific IPs... Seems like the only solution is to put the devices behind a firewall, which is a bit annoying, as the solution would be so easy!

Why can I not access the device by ssh and adjust cgminer api? It keeps telling me access denied (on all devices), altough password is correct for sure... Is there some kinda default user/password for ssh?

Thanks for your help

Hello!

Part of my s4 models were rock mounted , but after Recieved sp35 I have put them instead because they are thinner. No trouble rock mounting the S4 model, they had in the set the mounting ears. Isn't the s4+ with the same dimensions as s4?

Also sorry for your troubles with the high jacked devices. I thought there is a reset button on the front that resets passwords to root.

I also wrote you a PM..check it out!
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
First thing I did was put an ACL on the switch my bitmain gear is connected to cutting off all traffic other than outbound or management from my workstation.

There was a thread about this months and months ago or maybe in the product thread for the s4 or s5?
btw: it would be great if it was possible to restrict ui access, I only want the miner to be accessible from one (or more) ips... would appreciate if bitmain tech could add this feature in a future firmware upgrade Smiley

I have different passwords for each device, and they are bulletproof... I've read some posts here and it seems that the developers of cgminer have reported that this will happend to bitmaintech but they didn't care... Even KNC Miner Neptune can restrict access to specific IPs... Seems like the only solution is to put the devices behind a firewall, which is a bit annoying, as the solution would be so easy!

Why can I not access the device by ssh and adjust cgminer api? It keeps telling me access denied (on all devices), altough password is correct for sure... Is there some kinda default user/password for ssh?

Thanks for your help

spending 15min looking at this I am going to assume datacenter, or like a college network, and I think I've figured out how to do this via the network. Its kind of scary the security gaps in bitmains gear

so without logging in I can send via the network /etc/init.d/cgminer restart  .........  sooo that stands to reason...

You could just scan your local network and see all the other bitmain gear then....set them to work for you.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

Thanks for your help

This would be very scary.   Is your miners in a data center with other?  Or are you hosting at your house?

Anyways wish you best of luck stopping it.  If home I would see about locking down your router.   Start there for security.

Thanks for your help

Profitable.....

https://www.nicehash.com/?p=miners&a=1&addr=1NH8i5MPB16K57fNLXeeffBXD3mHhufviR

Thanks for your help
same thing here, not rackmountable, very annoying..

I'm very surprised that they are not rack mountable they had been following that on regular S4's.   But I guess a lot of asic data centers use shelves and not racks.

So maybe they had asic data centers in mind?

They sell it as rackmountable device, which it is not... so it is no excuse that you usually have it on a shelve.... Smiley

May it is enough if you leave away the ring washer, I didn't try that and just put them in the rack, as in my pictures above.

I'm going to find some flat headed screws tomorrow and take care of that, it doesn't need much in the way of clearance.

Will let you know what I source.
legendary

I'm very surprised that they are not rack mountable they had been following that on regular S4's.   But I guess a lot of asic data centers use shelves and not racks.

So maybe they had asic data centers in mind?
Two issues with my new s4+ so far:

1) Mining on westhash has locked the box up twice within two hours of mining.  Moving it to kano.is or btcguild.com, no lockups.
2) The screws that come with the s4+ are too big to allow you to mount it in a 19" rack.  Really?  I spend 1000 bucks for something I can't even rack mount because its got the wrong screws?

The screw thing is beyond annoying :p

Nicehash does not use a regular stratum server.  I don't think smit has made a unofficial firmware for S4+ for it but I cold be wrong.

The other pools dont require the patch so they run better then nicehash does.

Yeah, I don't mind really, I can just on one of the bigger pools until/if smit does an s4+ firmware. Smiley
legendary

1) Mining on westhash has locked the box up twice within two hours of mining.  Moving it to kano.is or btcguild.com, no lockups.
2) The screws that come with the s4+ are too big to allow you to mount it in a 19" rack.  Really?  I spend 1000 bucks for something I can't even rack mount because its got the wrong screws?

Nicehash does not use a regular stratum server.  I don't think smit has made a unofficial firmware for S4+ for it but I cold be wrong.

The other pools dont require the patch so they run better then nicehash does.

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
Nice to see a bigger unit come about however that power ratio in UK would not even RIO on machine from generation of coins minted to cost of about £0.14 per KWH With the massive spikes in diff and no doubt bigger spikes when these units are about and online it will kill any profit made from them. If the power was half the use of what it is now and having to use a 1600w psu  and reduced down to 700 would be a massive improvement. Think going to wait for next gen of  chips to come out for that to happen.

Your power costs are insane, I'm paying £0.089 inc tax.
legendary
Question for bitmain if in here. Are you going to be looking to do Scrypt miners or other algos like on the scrypt miner you had with the C1 any news or upates regarding if going to be venturing into others?

I think it's a pretty safe bet to say no.  They did a lot of work into looking into it before and thought it was not going to work out.  At one time I had 2 ordered I think of the L1's and they ended up canceling everyone's orders and giving money back plus a few percent I think.   

But alt market game is tough I really doubt they go over to it especially after the L1 stuff.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
Question for bitmain if in here. Are you going to be looking to do Scrypt miners or other algos like on the scrypt miner you had with the C1 any news or upates regarding if going to be venturing into others?
legendary
If absolutely nothing is happening then its power related. That can be short protection kicked in, undervolt protection (not it) or something else. Have a look about for any small bits of heatsink that may have come off during shipping, and if you can give the case a shake to check for any noise. Then it'd be on to opening up the PSU, but that is NOT something recommended as its dangerous.

Don't hear or see any loose pieces. All connectors are connected.

Contact the Zendesk to arrange a replacement then: bitmain.zendesk.com

This was a PSU issue. Bitmain is arranging a replacement PSU. Thanks for your help.

OK, I am starting to get irked by Bitmain's customer service. I reported the problem to them 12 days ago. First they asked me to take pictures of the inside, I did. Then they asked me to do all the diagnostic work by taking the miner apart and using a different PSU to power it, I did. Then they asked me for pictures of inside the defective PSU, I sent them. They tell me to wait patiently 4 days ago for a replacement PSU, still nothing shipped. Just now they asked me to send the defective PSU to China out of my own pocket. How can I get this taken care of?

Has your shipment made it to their address yet?  I imagine they will look at it and make sure you shipped a PSU before they send out on their side.  Also it's weekend so I woulld give it a few day now (And yes I understand that is not fun as a miner).

Next week give them another email if they don't ship it out asking status.  And if you really have problem they have US and China support that you can call and talk to someone.
Activity: 490
Merit: 251
If absolutely nothing is happening then its power related. That can be short protection kicked in, undervolt protection (not it) or something else. Have a look about for any small bits of heatsink that may have come off during shipping, and if you can give the case a shake to check for any noise. Then it'd be on to opening up the PSU, but that is NOT something recommended as its dangerous.

Don't hear or see any loose pieces. All connectors are connected.

Contact the Zendesk to arrange a replacement then: bitmain.zendesk.com

This was a PSU issue. Bitmain is arranging a replacement PSU. Thanks for your help.

OK, I am starting to get irked by Bitmain's customer service. I reported the problem to them 12 days ago. First they asked me to take pictures of the inside, I did. Then they asked me to do all the diagnostic work by taking the miner apart and using a different PSU to power it, I did. Then they asked me for pictures of inside the defective PSU, I sent them. They tell me to wait patiently 4 days ago for a replacement PSU, still nothing shipped. Just now they asked me to send the defective PSU to China out of my own pocket. How can I get this taken care of?
Pages:
Jump to: